> Terry Donovan Leaves Rockstar
Pyrocy
post Jan 17 2007, 11:06 PM
Post #1

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 2

To counter with my last news post to maintain the balance of life on earth, The Escapist Magazine is reporting that Rockstar Games co-founder, Terry Donovan, took a one-month leave and decided to not come back. Was it because of internal conflicts? Did he get sick of the controversy surronding the company? or by chance, did he get kidnapped by a bunch of backwoods rednecks whom have a fascination with pigs squealing?

Instead, his responsibilities will be handled by the Houser brothers and the newly appointed Rockstar COO, Gary Dale. "Rockstar is a very robust organization and has tremendous depth. It has over 600 artists and developers, marketing people." A representative added.

--------------------

Add Me on MySpace if you're so inclined...
QUOTE (Heartless on GTA4.TV)
Unlike the mainstream forums, we're gritty, crazy sociopaths. And still approved by Rockstar. Most GTA Sites cater to a younger, softer audience (Zidane?), as opposed to this forum, which caters to bi-polar grandmothers with too many cats (Pyro?).
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DonkeyTits
post Jan 17 2007, 11:12 PM
Post #2

Clepto
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 81

Doubt this will affect the game production in anyway, but interesting none the less.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
HB~Sauce
post Jan 17 2007, 11:52 PM
Post #3

Vandal

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,125

Hmm, maybe the whole next gen GTA and Rockstar games got too him. atleast the Houser Brothers haven't left.

--------------------
I get bored...
Achievements

+Quote Post
RhymeCraft
post Jan 18 2007, 12:38 AM
Post #4

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 28,259

[gtastan]is this a hint that gta4 will be in london?[/gtastan]

anyway I never even heard of this dude before... what did he do?

--------------------
"RECOGNIZE OR STEP ASIDE"

[img]http://irepnow.com/images/irepthumbs/neworleans.jpg
[img]http://gallery.upshizzle.com/albums/03.07/Jengaaaa.gif
sig too large
Achievements

+Quote Post
GFX.Absinthe
post Jan 18 2007, 02:58 AM
Post #5

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 28,296

help found rockstar

--------------------
Im retired go away. :(
Achievements

+Quote Post
DiO
post Jan 18 2007, 04:32 AM
Post #6

Forgot about member titles for awhile there...
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 1,564

Dam eh?

just after they lost 40 developers?

lol @ link
looked nice off an actual tv screen

Dam eh?

just after they lost 40 developers?

lol @ link
looked nice off an actual tv screen

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
mobe
post Jan 18 2007, 06:43 PM
Post #7

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 27,428

I wouldn't read to much into it, these guys are relatively young and make shit loads of money, the temptation just to fuck off and retire early to put your feet up and/or do other projects must be overwhelming for some.

Its the people at R*North you want to be concerned about anyway.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Korben
post Jan 18 2007, 09:07 PM
Post #8

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 2,449

I do have one slight concern. I played VCS when it came out on the PSP, and I was rather disturbed about how much of a good bloke the lead character was and how he was "forced into crime". My biggest problem with this, was that it almost felt like VCS was trying to be politically correct. I am concerned that GTA 4 may go down this route aswell.

Now I don't know anything about Terry Donovan, so I can't tell you if this is true or not, but I am worried that he may have left because he did not like the way GTA 4 was going down the same route of political correctness.

I hope I am wrong, but I am worried about this.
Achievements

+Quote Post
BIG FUCKING SPID...
post Jan 18 2007, 09:31 PM
Post #9

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 10,974

QUOTE(Korben @ Jan 18 2007, 10:07 PM) [snapback]1286449[/snapback]

I do have one slight concern. I played VCS when it came out on the PSP, and I was rather disturbed about how much of a good bloke the lead character was and how he was "forced into crime". My biggest problem with this, was that it almost felt like VCS was trying to be politically correct. I am concerned that GTA 4 may go down this route aswell.

Now I don't know anything about Terry Donovan, so I can't tell you if this is true or not, but I am worried that he may have left because he did not like the way GTA 4 was going down the same route of political correctness.

Now your Scaring me, I hope the next game isnt made up of Multi race Gangs because it just doesnt make sence in the Gang world for every Gang to be mixed. I think most likely it was just part of the plot, hope so anyway.
Achievements

+Quote Post
HB~Sauce
post Jan 19 2007, 02:07 AM
Post #10

Vandal

Member No.: 20,125

Nah, I think that the are gonna make a bad ass lead like Vercetti was, to establish and bring in a new generation of the game

--------------------
I get bored...
Achievements

+Quote Post
mobe
post Jan 19 2007, 09:15 AM
Post #11

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 27,428

QUOTE(Korben @ Jan 18 2007, 10:07 PM) [snapback]1286449[/snapback]

I don't think thats the reason he left, after all he's never been directly involved with GTA's creation, unlike the Housers. Terry Donovan was just one of 5 people who started R*, its not unusual for people to leave jobs after all.
However it wouldn't surprise me if you were right about them toning it down, I reckon that after Hot Coffee there is pressure on them to make the morality of the game slightly more justifiable. With GTAIV bringing another level of ultra-realism to the game there will be much more of a balance between whats acceptable and whats not, certainly with the graphics anyway.
Achievements

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 03:32 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4