Closed TopicStart new topic
> Another IGN Saturday Update
iSpyware
post Oct 9 2004, 08:54 PM
Post #1

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 7

Well, Seems that IGN got ahead of Gamespot on doing an article involving San Fierro.

They describe that San Andreas is five times bigger than Vice City, disspelling any rumors of other sizes. They also mention that San Fierro is very much based in reality, down the the very streets.

IGN passed through a festival, which had hippies, smoking and everything inbetween. Visiting a dojo where the teacher asked Carl what moved he wanted to learn, focusing on kicking. But the new move could be used only after you beat your teacher. You can go for total fighting customization, switching your skills around to create the perfect Carl.

After getting Carl pumped a bit, IGN went to the streets of San Fierro, discovering the impressive amounts of places to jump. The ability to hijack the trolley cars has giving a new form of transportation, although I don't think you will be able to pick up much speed, especially with the police chasing after you.

The first San Fierro mission they encountered was to team up with Ceaser and steal a import car from "Otto's Autos". On the blazing fast car trip there, they saw Windy, Windy, Windy, Windy Street also know in San Fransico as Lombard Street which is a 45 degree snakelike downwards road, and a helipad. Once stealing two nice looking imports off the second floor of the building, they speed back to "The Hub". The new garage, also with the vision of NOS.

Well known in the racing and import industry, NOS, or Nitro is a quick boost of speed injected into the engine to max everything for a moment of pure speed. Wanting to pull the full NOS effect, Rockstar has made a effect similar to Need For Speed Unground nitro blur and Burnout's nitro blur. What was told to the IGN team was that you need certain critera for NOS equipment, as so no Combine Harvesters are going to be blazing down the road chopping people in half. Although I put money down someone will find a fix to that. There will be different levels of NOS, ranging on how big the bottle in the back of your car is, maxing at the N20 version, which seems to be the fastest and biggest bottle.

To use the Nitro, tap L1, or circle, sending you into a blur of fifteen seconds worth of speed and blue flames coming out of your mufflers. An all out effect. The power generated from the NOS gives such an effect that CJ will be able to break through certain things (think bank robbing and stealing missions). The realistic point is that you can only hit Nitro every sixty seconds, so use it wisely, as in creating a huge pileup of flaming cars and sending a NOS ridden ricer into the mix. Can you say boom?

Rockstar wanted to make it clear that it was about the driving, driving everything. Rockstar revamped the physics for everything. Bikes, go-karts, cars, everything has a feel to it. They wanted each vehicle to have a feel to it. Which means that certain cars have strengths and weaknesses for travel over every location.

Now, back to modding.

In San Fierro, there are two mod shops, Transfender and Wheel Angels. Bringing the customization out with every part you can dream of. You will be able to upgrade mufflers, front and rear bumpers, roofs, wings, and wheels and be able to trick out your new car with amazing paint jobs. Painting your car has to be one of the bigger points, with the ability to change the color, add tags(company logos) and add custom graphics to your cars with blended colors. Say you have a convertable, you can pick the type of cover you want from hard top to soft top or open. Rockstar is even taking sound into customization, with increase in bass is possible, maybe with the addition of buying subwoofers. But of course, everything is going to cost you a pretty penny. So pick everything wisely.

As IGN left with their fully tricked out ride, it was off for another mission in China town with the Triads. Wu Zi Mu, the head of the Triads needs you to save refugees that are held as prisoners aboard a tanker in the middle of San Fierro Bay. Of course, being GTA, you would want to take a helicopter. On the way there, IGN learned of the tow truck, pulling cars out of the way whether they cared or not.

Close to the tanker, IGN was shot down, forcing them to abandon their helicopter for the water. After swimming through the bay water, Carl sneaked onto the tanker, bringing the new stealth killing into play.

Borrowed from Manhunt, Carl can now use the environment to his advantage. Hiding turned the marker blue on the map as Carl was hiding. Doing a steal kill he got behind a captor to slice his neck with a tap of the circle button. Once freeing the prisioners, he gets into a boss fight with Snake Head, a katana wielding warrior. Snake Head gives Carl a sword and it's a battle to the death to continue.

The last bit IGN saw was the Gant Bridge, San Andreas' version of the Golden Gate Bridge. IGN was dissapointed that something so close seemed so far away for them , leading to Corvin Stadium, home of the San Fierro 69ers and everything else.

Well, that wraps up this bit of a boring saturday.

Stay tuned for Gamespots update, which will most likely be about the same stuff.

All the new pictures are located at IGN's Gallery.

Which we will probably get unwatermarked within a few days.

--------------------
OMG SO KAWAII ^____^
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
T-Dot_Soulja
post Oct 9 2004, 09:29 PM
Post #2

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 189

Yeesh, I state my opinion on this news, I get flamed?

Alright then.

--------------------
Rock Music Sucks

I'm Glad That Kurt Cobaine Died. Juss Get 'Em UK Punks To Die And Everyone's Happy As Fuck.
Achievements

+Quote Post
kentpaul2005
post Oct 9 2004, 09:36 PM
Post #3

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 492

Great new pics on IGN and ive just read most of the artical one thing that has come to my attention it seems that r* are try to muscel in on EAS patch with the customise car's bit i am ref to thier need for speed underground game it has pinched some of its elements and used them in san andreas which is a good thing so i am not complaing good 2 c that the viper has made a return in SA anyone who agrees with me pm me

diespam.gif
Achievements

+Quote Post
nsupra27
post Oct 9 2004, 09:57 PM
Post #4

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 1,045

$1050 for just a front bumper.. Expensive stuff.

user posted image

--------------------
"If life gives you lemons, make lemonade ... Then find the guy who's life gave him vodka."
Achievements

+Quote Post
iSpyware
post Oct 9 2004, 10:02 PM
Post #5

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 7

Kill ten people in GTA = 1000 if they drop it.

--------------------
OMG SO KAWAII ^____^
Achievements

+Quote Post
carl johson
post Oct 9 2004, 11:22 PM
Post #6

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 2,113

bloody awsome mate, bloody awsome anthing is possible now YES!!!

--------------------
CJ: does the pope shit in the woods?
Achievements

+Quote Post
TrIgGeR HaPpY
post Oct 10 2004, 12:01 PM
Post #7

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 440

o my god wer was i yestaday i was so bored and this cud of made me feeel alot beta o well at least i read it even tho its late

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bad boy 4 life
post Oct 12 2004, 01:22 AM
Post #8

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 2,387

But that will suck if you crash the car.

--------------------
user posted image
100% COMPLETE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 11/18/04
Achievements

+Quote Post
BaSkeTBaLL MaN
post Oct 13 2004, 10:55 AM
Post #9

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 981

nice things....thanks again!!

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
Achievements

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2014 - 12:18 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4