Reply to this topicStart new topic
> cop-land, possible tips to help me complete
grey
post Sep 18 2006, 03:58 AM
Post #1

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 30,985

hi guys, i had vice city for the pc, i loved it, until i got to "death row". i can admit now that the game ended up "dusty", til i sold it for next to nothing, thinking gta had had its run!!
my girlfriends mum then got me an xbox, "i cannaw pick ya a game the noo,you do it sassanack(shes scottish)(english, me)! anyhooo i got "san andreas" and laugh.gif clap.gif thumbup.gif LOVED IT.
So i got vice-city for the xbox and began again smile.gif
VICE-CITY IS THE BEST,SAN ANDREAS AND GTA3 ARE STILL THE GREATEST GAMES TOO( i've heard saints row is ok, but to me,even if it is, its still jus a GTA wannabe!!!!!GTA NO.1 clap.gif thumbup.gif

any-way my question about COPLAND is this,
once the shop is blown to bits and i'm outside is it jus a abit of luck i need to get "home" or is there something im doing wrong as the big black-vans are beating the living day-lights out me causing my cop car to explode and even if i get out of the way, the other guy gets killed, causing me to lose!! IS it really just a question of racing and hoping, or is there a helpful trick or even just a handy hint!! PLEASE if you know "ouwt" let me know!!!! smile.gif

p.s anyway, on the xbox, "death row" seemed slightly easier! it still took quite a long time to complete, but it felt good when i could just get on with the rest of the game laugh.gif

--------------------
i didnt mean it, it just happened!! then before you know it , that is what i was!!
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
§ynch
post Sep 18 2006, 11:40 PM
Post #2

Riff-Raff
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 8,395
XBL Gamertag: synchronizer
PSN Name: alpha male
Xfire Identity: XFire it up

QUOTE(grey @ Sep 17 2006, 08:58 PM) [snapback]1232655[/snapback]
once the shop is blown to bits and i'm outside is it jus a abit of luck i need to get "home" or is there something im doing wrong as the big black-vans are beating the living day-lights out me causing my cop car to explode and even if i get out of the way, the other guy gets killed, causing me to lose!! IS it really just a question of racing and hoping, or is there a helpful trick or even just a handy hint!! EASE if you know "ouwt" let me know!!!! smile.gif
There is a bribe right there at the Mall, another close by. You can also jump in another vehicle and head for the Pay N Spray. You don't have to stay in a Police Car.

By the time I usually do this mission I have tons of RPG ammo....if the vans *really* bother you, take them out.

Then get rid of the wanted level.
I don't have to add that having unlimited sprint from the Paramedic Mission is again of great use.
If you can possibly leave Lance stranded where he is immobilized, he can't be killed.
Just clear the wanted level and get on with it, easiest way.

QUOTE(grey @ Sep 17 2006, 08:58 PM) [snapback]1232655[/snapback]
"death row" seemed slightly easier! it still took quite a long time to complete, but it felt good when i could just get on with the rest of the game laugh.gif
Try using the Rhino.
The Sea Sparrow is quite fun as well, completely avoiding the guards at the gate.
With the Rhino just make sure you get there in time. That vehicle will take everyone/thing out.
Just plot the route from where you pick up the mission, to where you start the action.

The actual killing is easy in the Rhino. Once on foot, arm Tommy with the Colt python.
This is a very fun mission, as are many of them, and quite often mistaken for frustration.

--------------------
QUOTE (Massacre @ Sep 18 2009, 09:59 PM) *
Apparently, Synch does acid rather than smoking weed...
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Oct 6 2009, 12:05 PM) *
synch is a fucking walking fallout 3 wikipedia lol...
Achievements

+Quote Post
grey
post Sep 20 2006, 05:18 PM
Post #3

Upstanding Citizen

thanks for the advice, to be honest i had'nt even really attempted the paramedic,police or fire missions.
i think i'll do (at least) the paramedic, like you mentioned, and see if i gain an edge!
so once again thanks and if you see this, perhaps you could tell me this, the ice-cream missions, will i be prompted to begin doing this or am i to look out for a passing ice-cream van to hi-jack!!
smile.gif thanks wink.gif thumbup.gif

--------------------
i didnt mean it, it just happened!! then before you know it , that is what i was!!
Achievements

+Quote Post
§ynch
post Sep 20 2006, 07:33 PM
Post #4

Riff-Raff
Group Icon

QUOTE(grey @ Sep 20 2006, 10:18 AM) [snapback]1233705[/snapback]

thanks for the advice, to be honest i had'nt even really attempted the paramedic,police or fire missions.
i think i'll do (at least) the paramedic, like you mentioned, and see if i gain an edge!
so once again thanks and if you see this, perhaps you could tell me this, the ice-cream missions, will i be prompted to begin doing this or am i to look out for a passing ice-cream van to hi-jack!!
smile.gif thanks wink.gif thumbup.gif
Cherry Poppers becomes available after you unlock all of the buyable assets.
This is done in one of the first Vercetti Missions, launched from the Mansion.
"Shakedown" is the name of it, if my memory serves me, as it usually does. (Adam First quote)

In that mission, you will also highly value the infinite sprint, as you will need to sprint from
North Point Mall shop to shop, then arm a weapon such as an RPG to blow out storefront windows.
Similar to robbing the shops, the advantage is having 2 clothing changes right there, at the GASH,
and the 'Tooled-Up' shop. There is also the bribe right outside.

After you complete that mission, all of the previously un-available asset businesses, will now be available.
The two easiest to acquire are the Pole Position, and Cherry Poppers.

1)Pole Position: Sit and watch a dancer, while dropping money, up to $600 and you're done.
Note to exit the private room, and re-enter, until you get the fine one.
Because that's the one you will be stuck with everytime you want to watch again.
Sit there until you've lost $600 and asset acquired.

2)Cherry Poppers: Get in the Mr.Whoopee truck provided, and drive around making dope deals.
After 2 or 3 sales Tommy gets 1 star...just drive around until it's gone.
Complete 50 sales and you've completed the mission, asset acquired.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
grey
post Sep 21 2006, 08:16 PM
Post #5

Upstanding Citizen

hi guy, well yeah this is kinda what i was getting at, cause , thers 3 vercetti missions , the last being "copland" which i asked about and thanks to your advice(about bribes and the one i somehow overlooked pay-and-spray) i completed it with surprizing eaze roll2.gif
so i got the protection thing done and the dollar sign out front of the house but the only thing i was prompted to buy was the malibu-club which i did kicking off the "no escape" mission!!
BUT(not shouting), "shakedown" was the first of those 3 missions, which i had already completed, have i missed something!

gta 3 40%
gta vice city 40%
gta sav andreas , lets go with 53% ,really i should just compete one at a time wink.gif thumbup.gif

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
§ynch
post Sep 21 2006, 09:05 PM
Post #6

Riff-Raff
Group Icon

QUOTE(grey @ Sep 21 2006, 01:16 PM) [snapback]1234382[/snapback]

hi guy, well yeah this is kinda what i was getting at, cause , thers 3 vercetti missions , the last being "copland" which i asked about and thanks to your advice(about bribes and the one i somehow overlooked pay-and-spray) i completed it with surprizing eaze roll2.gif
so i got the protection thing done and the dollar sign out front of the house but the only thing i was prompted to buy was the malibu-club which i did kicking off the "no escape" mission!!
BUT(not shouting), "shakedown" was the first of those 3 missions, which i had already completed, have i missed something!

gta 3 40%
gta vice city 40%
gta sav andreas , lets go with 53% ,really i should just compete one at a time wink.gif thumbup.gif
Storyline mission-wise, only the Printworks and malibu are *really* mentioned.

Go to the following and buy them:
Pole Position / Cherry poppers / Boatyard.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
grey
post Sep 21 2006, 10:53 PM
Post #7

Upstanding Citizen

as i kinda expected, you were the man to ask. laugh.gif
cheers, thanks and thats what i will try to do now!!!
maybe it's because my funds are quite low(very, dont know why), but I guess its time to make the effort and make the money(is'nt life a bitch sometimes) and process the places in question!!!!!!
thanks again smile.gif

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
SlickCriminal92
post Sep 21 2006, 11:15 PM
Post #8

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 30,471

Sry for being off-topic but, synchronizer how come you only post in the GTA forum only? I never see you in the asylum, R&R, or anywhere else. sad.gif

--------------------
Yeah ban me and still talk behind my back, lol typical pussies. DO get out of the basement, and stotic my address is 5236 Creekside Trail, Sarasota Florida. Come get me if you think you are so ''tough'' Ha.

You can ban me but I'll be back because I always get my way.

:)
Achievements

+Quote Post
grey
post Sep 22 2006, 01:21 AM
Post #9

Upstanding Citizen

anyway before you have to go and post in other forums as not upset huntsky smile.gif
i got got the cash and got cherry-poppers, saw the old bag moan about kids , jumped in the van, saw the mission title and sad.gif sad.gif guess what , could'nt move except to get out of the van and be told mission was over sad.gif
any ideas, cause, well me, smile.gif not a clue
sorry for bugging ya man

p.s ay hi, huntsky thumbup.gif

gta3 50%
gta vice city 50%
gta san andreas ,ah ok 53%

This post has been edited by grey: Sep 22 2006, 01:26 AM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
killjoy.rujoy?
post Sep 22 2006, 07:42 PM
Post #10

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 6,395

...couldn't move?
Did you press the gas? roll2.gif
I kidd...You just hit your horn to start the jingle,stop by crowds & a pink arrow appears over the customers.
Hang out near some bribes to keep your wanted level down.
Getting out ends the mission...you gotta have 50 customers in a row...I'm gonna start VC again.
No...wait, I don't wanna spoil VCS! wallbash_red.gif
>>>edit...don't forget about the movie studio on Prawn Island!

This post has been edited by killjoy.rujoy?: Sep 23 2006, 12:42 AM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
§ynch
post Sep 22 2006, 10:00 PM
Post #11

Riff-Raff
Group Icon

QUOTE(killjoy.rujoy? @ Sep 22 2006, 12:42 PM) [snapback]1234868[/snapback]

...couldn't move?
Did you press the gas? You just hit your horn to start the jingle,
stop by crowds & a pink arrow appears over the customers.
Hang out near some bribes to keep your wanted level down.
Getting out ends the mission...
you gotta have 50 customers in a row.
That's it, completely.
Well stated, and nice bit about staying near bribes.

On the PS2 it's R3 for the jingle, not sure about the XBox.

========================================================
To Huntsky:
I'm all about the games, to answer your question.
Helping people and alternative mission methods,
plus stunting and documenting. (Maps and FAQs)

I usually shy away from the General sections of forums, etc.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
grey
post Sep 23 2006, 09:46 AM
Post #12

Upstanding Citizen

yeah ok, its the gas!!! drool.gif (not a drool, but a tard)
something maybe being a little strange, i can't just drive out of cherry-poppers unless i change the view , then i can, then i'm able to switch the view back so not to worry tongue.gif strange ,very dumb but nevertheless true

ps. no offence to tards that may or may not drool!! thumbup.gif

i b warned, duff-man!!!!

This post has been edited by grey: Sep 23 2006, 09:48 AM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th December 2014 - 08:51 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4