> GTA3: Originally A Xbox Xsclusive.
Pyrocy
post May 18 2006, 12:46 AM
Post #1

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 2

Ignore the corny-ass title and take a look at this article published by 1UP how about things could of been if Microsoft would of taken Rockstar's proposal. According to Dean Takahasi, author of the "Xbox 360: Uncloaked" book, The big MS was offered an exclusive agreement with Rockstar to produce the GTA series on Microsoft's little machine. However a third party developers' organization known as The Star Chamber (who represents Microsoft's developer division) declined this offer and stated they needed to make a clean image for themselves. It's an intresting retrospective read on how things could of been in the GTA community.

Takahashi said: "It wasn't Microsoft's kind of game, since it was a gritty crime game with foul language, abusive treatment of women, and cop killing. Microsoft had a corporate image to maintain and, like Electronic Arts, it avoided that category."

Full Article

(Sony Fanboys: Don't take hostility to this article because it would of been the same outcome if Microsoft would of taken Rockstar's offer.)

--------------------

Add Me on MySpace if you're so inclined...
QUOTE (Heartless on GTA4.TV)
Unlike the mainstream forums, we're gritty, crazy sociopaths. And still approved by Rockstar. Most GTA Sites cater to a younger, softer audience (Zidane?), as opposed to this forum, which caters to bi-polar grandmothers with too many cats (Pyro?).
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
DAMIAN91
post May 18 2006, 01:04 AM
Post #2

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 78

I heard about that a while ago, fucked up..

--------------------
ORGANIZING VC-MP SQUAD
Zacko - Deko - Gnar - Bulldog - Mech - Cuda - Lazz - Asthenia - Nanook - EMBO - Toge -Redundant - Psycho - Dupzor
0.2 Released

My First Topic
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st December 2014 - 12:56 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4