> GTA IV Site Launch
Rating 5 V
gingergenius
post May 17 2006, 04:23 AM
Post #121

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 27,536

compton, watts, inglewood. i'll have you know that compton is 56.84% mexican, not 90% black as NWA would have you believe. source

watts is only 36.9% black source

inglewood's most prolific race is black, but it is still only 47.13%. source

london not a grimy city? fine (londoners invented the music genre 'grime') its all red telephone boxes, teacups & buckingham palace. i won't do down my endz by saying its a shithole. i'll just ask what the fuck do you know coming from NZ and coing on about detroit all the time. go to brixton, hackney central, peckham, lambeth, bow, lewisham, cricklewood, tower hamlets, harlesden, willesden and tell me london isn't grimy. not even before it got full of blacks - this city was shit full of poverty, crime etc. ever since the 18th century.

This post has been edited by gingergenius: May 17 2006, 04:39 AM
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
NTC187
post May 17 2006, 06:10 AM
Post #122

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 28

QUOTE(gingergenius @ May 17 2006, 06:20 AM) [snapback]1155060[/snapback]

compton, watts, inglewood. i'll have you know that compton is 56.84% mexican, not 90% black as NWA would have you believe. source

watts is only 36.9% black source

inglewood's most prolific race is black, but it is still only 47.13%. source

london not a grimy city? fine (londoners invented the music genre 'grime') its all red telephone boxes, teacups & buckingham palace. i won't do down my endz by saying its a shithole. i'll just ask what the fuck do you know coming from NZ and coing on about detroit all the time. go to brixton, hackney central, peckham, lambeth, bow, lewisham, cricklewood, tower hamlets, harlesden, willesden and tell me london isn't grimy. not even before it got full of blacks - this city was shit full of poverty, crime etc. ever since the 18th century.

I was exageratting saying Compton, Inglewood, Watts etc. was 90% black, I wasnt going off any facts or anything, was simply trying to say that Compton was predominatley black aswell (as you mentioned Detroit was), as you for some reason suggested that since there were alot of black people that lived in the area, it would make a less better place for the next GTA.

I never said London wasnt a "grimey" city, you said Chicago wasnt taken seriously as one, and I was saying how can you claim London can be taken serious as a grimey city and not Chicago? Considering Chicago has been a main base for crime in America for almost a decade, in both organized and street crime.

You ask what the fuck I know, what the fuck do you know saying the things you did about the Midwest locations I suggested? You havent even heard of one of them!

Also I dont go on about Detroit all the time, I follow the Detroit Pistons basketball team (for the millionth time, see Sig & Avatar) and I merely suggested the next GTA be set there (along with some other midwest locations), its the perfect location (considering GTA is a game based on crime and criminal activity) and would be alot better than London.

This post has been edited by DETROIT187: May 17 2006, 06:12 AM
Achievements

+Quote Post
Ophis-
post May 17 2006, 05:49 PM
Post #123

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Validating
Member No.: 5,815
PSN Name: ophis-

i couldnt be bothered reading all the posts so this may have been said.

You realy think the ps3 and xbox titles will diffo that much. I can GARRANTEE the reason for the excusive downloads for xbox users will the bits they didnt get because the dvd disks where full. PS3 users will already have the "extra bits" on the blu ray disk so thats why the downloads can be classed as "exclusively for xbox live users" because ps3 players dont need it anyways!!!!

am i right or am i right?

(then again, because of this i bet only people with the hard drive space for 360 will be able to download)

This post has been edited by Daz: May 17 2006, 05:51 PM

--------------------
[meh]
Achievements

+Quote Post
gingergenius
post May 17 2006, 07:19 PM
Post #124

Upstanding Citizen

I was exageratting saying Compton, Inglewood, Watts etc. was 90% black, I wasnt going off any facts or anything, was simply trying to say that Compton was predominatley black aswell (as you mentioned Detroit was), as you for some reason suggested that since there were alot of black people that lived in the area, it would make a less better place for the next GTA.

compton is predominantly hispanic not black. and when exactly did i say detroit being a black city would make a bad GTA? i'm the one who suggested london, nottingham and paris should be GTA cities, and although theyre not 80% black theres still a lot of them.

I never said London wasnt a "grimey" city, you said Chicago wasnt taken seriously as one, and I was saying how can you claim London can be taken serious as a grimey city and not Chicago? Considering Chicago has been a main base for crime in America for almost a decade, in both organized and street crime.

i'm looking at it from the UK. in the UK, we see LA with bloods and crips, detroit as a shithole, and we know NY & NJ have hoods. and Atalanta. but nowhere else really. except i read an article about how they wear really thick boots in baltimore to protect against discarded needles.

You ask what the fuck I know, what the fuck do you know saying the things you did about the Midwest locations I suggested? You havent even heard of one of them!

my point exactly. i thought milwaukee was some nothing city. fine, it has a bit of crime, but Rock* would not make a game with a city no one has heard of. Milwaukee could be Minneapolis or Minnesota or Michigan or all these places you've heard of but don't know where the fuck they are. but i did say it was a good idea, just not going to sell, nor as good as a European GTA.

Also I dont go on about Detroit all the time, I follow the Detroit Pistons basketball team (for the millionth time, see Sig & Avatar) and I merely suggested the next GTA be set there (along with some other midwest locations), its the perfect location (considering GTA is a game based on crime and criminal activity) and would be alot better than London.

your name is detroit. your sig is detroit. your av is detroit. you want the next game to be set in detroit. i rest my case.

This post has been edited by gingergenius: May 17 2006, 07:21 PM
Achievements

+Quote Post
NTC187
post May 17 2006, 09:52 PM
Post #125

Upstanding Citizen

compton is predominantly hispanic not black. and when exactly did i say detroit being a black city would make a bad GTA? i'm the one who suggested london, nottingham and paris should be GTA cities, and although theyre not 80% black theres still a lot of them.

I was generalising, as you did above with London, there are still alot of black people that live in Compton, predominatley black and hispanic.

i'm looking at it from the UK. in the UK, we see LA with bloods and crips, detroit as a shithole, and we know NY & NJ have hoods. and Atalanta. but nowhere else really. except i read an article about how they wear really thick boots in baltimore to protect against discarded needles.

And everyone outside of London looks at London and thinks "theres no crime there at all", which isnt the case, but crime and violence isnt the first thing that comes to mind when you think of London.

my point exactly. i thought milwaukee was some nothing city. fine, it has a bit of crime, but Rock* would not make a game with a city no one has heard of. Milwaukee could be Minneapolis or Minnesota or Michigan or all these places you've heard of but don't know where the fuck they are. but i did say it was a good idea, just not going to sell, nor as good as a European GTA.

Heres the thing, Rockstar isnt making the game based on real life, they're taking inspiration from these cities and puting their own spin on it (as they usually do).

your name is detroit. your sig is detroit. your av is detroit. you want the next game to be set in detroit. i rest my case.

Yes because I am a fan of the Pistons. And its a total of 1 time I've mentioned Detroit (this topic).
Achievements

+Quote Post
1UP
post May 19 2006, 05:29 AM
Post #126

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 738

Anyone ealse feeling a repeat of what happen with gta san an geting pushed back from the 16 buy like 2 weeks. o.O

Althow.... impossible why they using the same date?

--------------------
eVeRytHinG Is As iT ShoULd bE

FaLlS aPArT
Achievements

+Quote Post
BIG FUCKING SPID...
post May 19 2006, 07:01 AM
Post #127

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 10,974

Who gives a shit how many blacks are in an area, I doubt the next game will be set black on black crime again
Achievements

+Quote Post
9 Ball
post May 19 2006, 01:08 PM
Post #128

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 420

QUOTE(Miami13 @ May 15 2006, 03:02 AM) [snapback]1154016[/snapback]

What about GTA: Maine? We have some really lethal gangs up here...

I wouldn't mind if it is set in the USA, Europe, Australia, etc. because Rockstar is making it and I trust wherever it is set it WILL be amazing.

Hmm...GTA Maine doesn't sound violent enough, all of the GTA games have been set somewhere with a high level of crime.

QUOTE(gingergenius @ May 17 2006, 07:20 AM) [snapback]1155060[/snapback]

Well said Ginger smile.gif

This post has been edited by 9 Ball: May 23 2006, 08:31 AM
Achievements

+Quote Post
cao cao
post May 20 2006, 02:37 PM
Post #129

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 2,490

whats wrong with London in the 60's it was a hot bed off crime back then with the kray twins and the richardsons.

I would be delighted if it was set in London .

And wahts the deal with people wanting it in south america is it cause you just have to have the name america in it ? All that I can think off is running a big cocain empire and fight for turf not really a awesome game if you ask me .
Achievements

+Quote Post
NTC187
post May 20 2006, 11:05 PM
Post #130

Upstanding Citizen

^^
That would be (South America) a fucking sick game if you ask me.

London in the 1960's just has no appeal what so ever to me, and I'm sure alot of other people.

Achievements

+Quote Post
9 Ball
post May 23 2006, 08:27 AM
Post #131

Upstanding Citizen

London in the 1960's just has no appeal what so ever to me, and I'm sure alot of other people.

IPB Image

Watch Ganster No.1

Trailer

This post has been edited by 9 Ball: May 23 2006, 08:29 AM
Achievements

+Quote Post
gingergenius
post May 23 2006, 11:20 AM
Post #132

Upstanding Citizen

looks good. also for modern london watch this trailer

click on the trailer button
Achievements

+Quote Post
mobe
post May 23 2006, 03:40 PM
Post #133

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 27,428

Can someone please explain to me what appeal, at all, a 60's GTA would have? Be realistic in your answer and take into consideration what is so great about GTA.

What really cool cars would there be to drive about in? Answer - not many, a few old vintage Aston Martins and Jaguars etc, thats all - no appeal. Pimping your ride wouldn't really exist because it didn't really happen to the same extent in the 60's.

Flying about in aircraft - again a few old vintage jet planes - again no appeal

Really mean weaponry - you must be joking

Really mean cops and SWAT teams - I don't think so

Crime and general cultural backdrop, music etc - Ok so the 60's did have its fair degree of all these things but then again so does any decade, as all the current GTA's prove.

Now take into consideration what todays technology and culture has to offer GTA on all the above criteria.

There is no argument, GTA4 WILL NOT be set in the 60's. There would be no point at all, unless of course R* are changing the entire direction of it, and that is not likely.

Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post May 23 2006, 09:22 PM
Post #134

Still Standing
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 439
PSN Name: BushkaUK

A present day gta is the best choice imo, London present day would be great.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Flea
post May 23 2006, 10:53 PM
Post #135

Nobody Special

Member No.: 130

well its gta 4, its basicly in the name that it wont be set in the past, its a sequal to gta 3, and i really hope it wont be set in london, i dont wonna see 2 next gen versions of london, and it were set in the past, i think the 70s would be a good era for it to be set, but i think itll be in present day

--------------------

Compliments to Van Hel Singh

Achievements

+Quote Post
9 Ball
post May 24 2006, 12:12 AM
Post #136

Upstanding Citizen

QUOTE(gingergenius @ May 23 2006, 02:17 PM) [snapback]1158467[/snapback]

looks good. also for modern london watch this trailer

click on the trailer button

Looks like a good movie.
People who think London's just a bunch of red phone boxes and buses need to see that trailer smile.gif

QUOTE(DuPzr @ May 24 2006,12:19 AM)
A present day gta is the best choice imo, London present day would be great.

Yes London present day. I'm not particually picky about when the game is set, Rockstar can make it good whenever. But I'd like to see London because Rockstar could really use London and capture it well for GTA, so long as they don't go over the top with stereotyping cockney accents, which I don't think they would.
The only reason I like the idea of the '60s is because I liked the music in GTA London I thought it worked really well with London and with GTA.

This post has been edited by 9 Ball: May 24 2006, 12:15 AM
Achievements

+Quote Post
Donnie
post May 26 2006, 08:17 PM
Post #137

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 101

Excellent news, well I'll know what I'm spending my university loan on, shit and it will be released in my final year of university, it looks like my disertation is going to be put on hold hah.

--------------------
IPB Image
Achievements

+Quote Post
Ice Cold Killa
post May 28 2006, 11:04 AM
Post #138

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 9,908

Cannot wait until this comes out!!!

I think that it will be graphically better on the PS3 due to its superior specs.

As for location - the only place that has been ruled out is America. London would just be amazing!

This post has been edited by Ice Cold Killa: May 28 2006, 11:05 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
One of your sigs had to go-Damian
GTA-ViceCityStories.info
Achievements

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th November 2014 - 06:33 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4