Apr 17 2006, 09:44 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone
Joined: 1-August 04
From: Newcastle, England
Member No.: 1
XBL Gamertag: Psyware
PSN Name: Psycopsy
Xfire Identity: Psyware
On May 29th, 2005 the public was informed that a multiplayer modification for SanAndreas(PC) was in the works. Kyeman, Spookie, Mike, Luke, Cam, jax and Falcon are the dev team of sa-mp and have been working on it for about a year now and I believe they are drawing closer to a release date. Today(April 17th 2006) there was a test for it and it has been going smoothly so far. This quote from Kyeman will tell you much more about the fixes made from the first public test that shouldnt be in today's test...
We've worked very hard over the past two weeks to fix many of the problems found in beta #1. Apart from many updates to the server-side script the following has been fixed:
- Problems related to the EU version of SA should be solved.
- Fixed weapon model not always displaying during passenger driveby.
- Fixed player couldn't do a normal driveby while passengers were drivebying.
- Fixed remote players animation not aiming up/down with certain weapons.
- Weapons are now disabled in some interiors to prevent Ammunation campers and Casino lurkers.
- Cheaters who manage to spawn invalid vehicles will be banned automatically.
- max_players is now checked against MAX_PLAYERS internally to prevent servers from spoofing artificial player limits.
- Radio has mostly been fixed. There are some minor issues with it still. Turn the radio off if it gets too annoying.
We have the following new features:
- Chat now supports extended ASCII, which means Polish and Russian characters will display if you have Polish or Russian selected as the default language for non-Unicode applications in Windows. F6 is the alternate chat key if you don't have 'T'.
- Chat font has been improved and number of chat lines increased to 10 instead of 7.
- Checkpoints now show on the radar.
- Players no longer have arrows floating over them when player markers are enabled.
- Car mod shops are now useable and synced.
The car mods in todays test were disabled due to bugs, but should soon be back hopefully.
SA-MP is just more than just a deathmatch like VC-MP. It now gives you the ability to work with PAWN which allows you to make gamemodes for your server. Gamemodes such as racing, manhunt, team death match and so much more. If youre really creative and know how to work PAWN you could make a gamemode with objectives such as reaching a checkpoint or killing te most people. The possibilities in making a gamemode for SA-MP are nearly unlimited.
Here are some examples of some gamemodes already created with sa-mp.
-Youre either a person protecting Area51 from the people trying to breakin or you are the person breaking in to find the checkpoint.
-One player is chosen out of the bunch and has to try to stay alive from the people out to get him.
What seperates SA-MP from any other multiplayer mod? After experience all the multi mods for SanAndreas I have a came to a conclusion that sa-mp is by far the best. For one the devs for SA-MP go through every little thing in it to make sure its great, the synch is by far the best out of all the mods, and the things possible in SA-MP are just amazing. It now has a client browser as well so now you can see what your ping is inside, who is inside, how many player slots there are for the server and what gamemode is currently being played.
The dev team of SA-MP still have much much more planned for SA-MP but for now theyre just basically giving the fans something for now since theyre starting to get a bit crazy. Go SA-MP!
The SA-MP Beta 2 is now over, chances are that a release will follow in a few weeks time, with all the bugs in beta 2 fixed and a few more features. Watch This Space!
Apr 18 2006, 10:02 AM
Group: Gold Member
Joined: 5-July 06
From: The Internet
Member No.: 19
It is awesome I must admit
Will definately pull me away from VC-MP when it is fully released
|Lo-Fi Version||Time is now: 5th September 2015 - 03:55 AM|