+Quote Post
Passionate Homo ...
post Apr 12 2006, 04:35 PM
Post #42

Scam Artist
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 15

Fido, if the link between humans and primates was found, that wouldn't make evolution law.

And I agree with gingergenius o.O

--------------------

QUOTE(LMOZ)
drive carfuly,because every secend a shrak can teleport itself to your car, and try to drive your car (if you have one) with shark in it.
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Fido 14
post Apr 12 2006, 10:21 PM
Post #43

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 16,786

Fido, if the link between humans and primates was found, that wouldn't make evolution law.

Yes it would because it would prove evolution happened.

wtf?

What do you mean? I just used evolution logic with you.

--------------------

-Credit to Washunka for sig
UNBANNED AGAIN!
Achievements

+Quote Post
OptimumPx
post Apr 12 2006, 10:43 PM
Post #44

Basket Case
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,168

QUOTE(CNN.com)
Fossil connects human evolution dots

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The latest fossil unearthed from a human ancestral hot spot in Africa allows scientists to link together the most complete chain of human evolution so far.

The 4.2 million-year-old fossil discovered in northeastern Ethiopia helps scientists fill in the gaps of how human ancestors made the giant leap from one species to another.

That's because the newest fossil, the species Australopithecus anamensis, was found in the region of the Middle Awash -- where seven other human-like species spanning nearly 6 million years and three major phases of human development were previously discovered.

"We just found the chain of evolution, the continuity through time," study co-author and Ethiopian anthropologist Berhane Asfaw said in a phone interview from Addis Ababa. "One form evolved to another. This is evidence of evolution in one place through time."

The findings were reported Thursday in the scientific journal Nature.

The species anamensis is not new, but its location is what helps explain the shift from one early phase of human-like development to the next, scientists say. All eight species were within an easy day's walk of each other.

Until now, what scientists had were snapshots of human evolution scattered around the world. Finding everything all in one general area makes those snapshots more of a mini home movie of evolution.

"It's like 12 frames of a home movie, but a home movie covering 6 million years," said study lead author Tim White, co-director of Human Evolution Research Center at University of California at Berkeley.

"The key here is the sequences," White said. "It's about a mile thickness of rocks in the Middle Awash and in it we can see all three phases of human evolution."

Modern man belongs to the genus Homo, which is a subgroup in the family of hominids. What evolved into Homo was likely the genus Australopithecus (once called "man-ape"), which includes the famed 3.2 million-year-old "Lucy" fossil found three decades ago.

A key candidate for the genus that evolved into Australopithecus is called Ardipithecus. And Thursday's finding is important in bridging -- but not completely -- the gap between Australopithecus and Ardipithecus.

In 1994, a 4.4 million-year-old partial skeleton of the species Ardipithecus ramidus -- the most recent Ardipithecus species -- was found about six miles from the latest discovery.

"This appears to be the link between Australopithecus and Ardipithecus as two different species," White said. The major noticeable difference between the phases of man can be seen in Australopithecus' bigger chewing teeth to eat harder food, he said.

While it's looking more likely, it is not a sure thing that Ardipithecus evolved into Australopithecus, he said. The finding does not completely rule out Ardipithecus dying off as a genus and Australopithecus developing independently.

The connections between Ardipithecus and Australopithecus have been theorized since an anamensis fossil was first found in Kenya 11 years ago. This draws the lines better, said Alan Walker of Penn State University, who found the first anamensis and is not part of White's team.

Rick Potts, director of the Smithsonian's Human Origins Program, agreed: "For those people who are tied up in doing the whole human family tree, being able to connect the branches is a very important thing to do."
Source

--------------------
If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Fido 14
post Apr 12 2006, 10:53 PM
Post #45

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

QUOTE(OptimumPx @ Apr 12 2006, 08:40 PM) [snapback]1132404[/snapback]

QUOTE(CNN.com)
Fossil connects human evolution dots

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The latest fossil unearthed from a human ancestral hot spot in Africa allows scientists to link together the most complete chain of human evolution so far.

The 4.2 million-year-old fossil discovered in northeastern Ethiopia helps scientists fill in the gaps of how human ancestors made the giant leap from one species to another.

That's because the newest fossil, the species Australopithecus anamensis, was found in the region of the Middle Awash -- where seven other human-like species spanning nearly 6 million years and three major phases of human development were previously discovered.

"We just found the chain of evolution, the continuity through time," study co-author and Ethiopian anthropologist Berhane Asfaw said in a phone interview from Addis Ababa. "One form evolved to another. This is evidence of evolution in one place through time."

The findings were reported Thursday in the scientific journal Nature.

The species anamensis is not new, but its location is what helps explain the shift from one early phase of human-like development to the next, scientists say. All eight species were within an easy day's walk of each other.

Until now, what scientists had were snapshots of human evolution scattered around the world. Finding everything all in one general area makes those snapshots more of a mini home movie of evolution.

"It's like 12 frames of a home movie, but a home movie covering 6 million years," said study lead author Tim White, co-director of Human Evolution Research Center at University of California at Berkeley.

"The key here is the sequences," White said. "It's about a mile thickness of rocks in the Middle Awash and in it we can see all three phases of human evolution."

Modern man belongs to the genus Homo, which is a subgroup in the family of hominids. What evolved into Homo was likely the genus Australopithecus (once called "man-ape"), which includes the famed 3.2 million-year-old "Lucy" fossil found three decades ago.

A key candidate for the genus that evolved into Australopithecus is called Ardipithecus. And Thursday's finding is important in bridging -- but not completely -- the gap between Australopithecus and Ardipithecus.

In 1994, a 4.4 million-year-old partial skeleton of the species Ardipithecus ramidus -- the most recent Ardipithecus species -- was found about six miles from the latest discovery.

"This appears to be the link between Australopithecus and Ardipithecus as two different species," White said. The major noticeable difference between the phases of man can be seen in Australopithecus' bigger chewing teeth to eat harder food, he said.

While it's looking more likely, it is not a sure thing that Ardipithecus evolved into Australopithecus, he said. The finding does not completely rule out Ardipithecus dying off as a genus and Australopithecus developing independently.

The connections between Ardipithecus and Australopithecus have been theorized since an anamensis fossil was first found in Kenya 11 years ago. This draws the lines better, said Alan Walker of Penn State University, who found the first anamensis and is not part of White's team.

Rick Potts, director of the Smithsonian's Human Origins Program, agreed: "For those people who are tied up in doing the whole human family tree, being able to connect the branches is a very important thing to do."
Source

I can simply refute that with your own evolution logic as I explained last page about the migration process.

--------------------

UNBANNED AGAIN!
Achievements

+Quote Post
Passionate Homo ...
post Apr 12 2006, 11:27 PM
Post #46

Scam Artist
Group Icon

...No, you just spoke bullshit and claimed that's what we're saying.

--------------------

QUOTE(LMOZ)
drive carfuly,because every secend a shrak can teleport itself to your car, and try to drive your car (if you have one) with shark in it.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Fido 14
post Apr 12 2006, 11:45 PM
Post #47

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

QUOTE(mello_yello @ Apr 12 2006, 09:24 PM) [snapback]1132441[/snapback]

...No, you just spoke bullshit and claimed that's what we're saying.

Never said you said it. I said that its part of the evolution logic. If you don't know about this migration process then you obviously don't know anything in what you believe in. But if you really do insist that the migration process is bullshit then I guess you believe that evolution is bullshit.

--------------------

UNBANNED AGAIN!
Achievements

+Quote Post
Un-Amurikan Bast...
post Apr 13 2006, 01:06 AM
Post #48

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,310

QUOTE(Fido 14 @ Apr 12 2006, 10:55 AM) [snapback]1132147[/snapback]

all this topic mello has been giving you your "missing link" and you just deny it and say you need one.. wtf?

They found the missing link? Sorry, but it would be universal news by now and evolution would be taught as a definite fact everywhere. Ethiopian skeletons don't mean anything. It certainly doesn't prove that we came out of Africa. I'll use the evolution logic with you now. According to evolution, it is possible for a group of people to migrate to another nation that is tremendously far away. According to evolution, this is possible because that group of people can do this by a slow process. By moving to one region and to another and by surviving through the food in those regions. Then when those group of people die off due to old age, then their children can accomplish their journey to the tremendously far nation, and it goes on that way until they settle down for good. By this evolution logic, it means that people could have migrated to Africa. So we will never know which continent these first people came from.

For beginners, a fact in science is defined as "a widely accepted observation; something believed to be true or real". In that sense, then evolution is technically a fact...

Next, you're "evolution logic" forgot the ages of specimens. The oldest remains have all been found in Africa (Australopithicus like afarensus and early Homos like habilis), the newer in the surrounding areas (Homos like erectus and neandertalensis). If you really are studying anthropology, you cannot argue that common sense says that they therefore came out of Africa rather than in. If they migrated into it, the oldest remains would have been found in Europe and Asia and the newest in Africa.

--------------------

QUOTE(Styx)
Dancin' on a landmine baby one leg left, I can still crawl and I'm not dead yet. You better get a bigger gun, I'm not dead yet.

QUOTE(K. M. Munshi)
Have a scripture to recite, but make your own path.

Achievements

+Quote Post
Fido 14
post Apr 13 2006, 01:44 AM
Post #49

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Next, you're "evolution logic" forgot the ages of specimens. The oldest remains have all been found in Africa (Australopithicus like afarensus and early Homos like habilis), the newer in the surrounding areas (Homos like erectus and neandertalensis). If you really are studying anthropology, you cannot argue that common sense says that they therefore came out of Africa rather than in. If they migrated into it, the oldest remains would have been found in Europe and Asia and the newest in Africa.

It was you whom I got this migration stuff from since you said before that its part of the evolution theory. Which explains how people traveled all the way from Africa to other continents and surviving. What I'm saying is that you don't know that Africa was the first continent that people migrated from. How do you not know that people might of migrated from some other continent and then came to Africa. Just because they found the oldest skeletons there doesn't mean nothing since the evolution logic says that migration to great lengths of the world is possible. For all we know, the oldest skeletons might be in Antarctica or some other continent. That's why it is false to say that we came out of Africa. The evolution logic supports me as well.

--------------------

UNBANNED AGAIN!
Achievements

+Quote Post
Passionate Homo ...
post Apr 13 2006, 01:49 AM
Post #50

Scam Artist
Group Icon

Evidence points to early humans emerging from Africa, but it's irrelevant to the overall argument.

--------------------

QUOTE(LMOZ)
Achievements

+Quote Post
Fido 14
post Apr 13 2006, 01:56 AM
Post #51

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

QUOTE(mello_yello @ Apr 12 2006, 11:46 PM) [snapback]1132519[/snapback]

Evidence points to early humans emerging from Africa, but it's irrelevant to the overall argument.

Evolution also points out the migration progress which I've explained before. So its not possible to know which continent we came from unless we excavate tremendously in every continent until we know for a fact that we found all of the oldest skeletons, and then find out which ones are the oldest. Even then it might not be possible to find out because excavators probably won't find all of the oldest skeletons.

--------------------

UNBANNED AGAIN!
Achievements

+Quote Post
Passionate Homo ...
post Apr 13 2006, 02:01 AM
Post #52

Scam Artist
Group Icon

I'm aware that it's not a perfect system, and more skeletons will be found where more scientists are looking, but on the evidence we DO have, it seems that mankind began in Africa.

--------------------

QUOTE(LMOZ)
Achievements

+Quote Post
Fido 14
post Apr 13 2006, 02:05 AM
Post #53

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Yes, you are right that with the current evidence, people are from Africa. But it is not accurate to say that we came from Africa if you truly are an evolutionist.

--------------------

UNBANNED AGAIN!
Achievements

+Quote Post
Passionate Homo ...
post Apr 13 2006, 02:09 AM
Post #54

Scam Artist
Group Icon

I guess not, but only from a purely scientific point of view. It's the best theory at the moment though...

--------------------

QUOTE(LMOZ)
Achievements

+Quote Post
Un-Amurikan Bast...
post Apr 13 2006, 10:39 PM
Post #55

Upstanding Citizen

I know what you're saying, but right now, the oldest specimens have been found in Africa suggesting they spread from Africa...I'm not trying to say they did, but for all we know, they did...

And now, to play Devil's Advocate, I'm going to throw this tasty morsel in the pot for no good reason; only to...*ahem*...liven up the party a bit...

Yes, a lot of it is questionable (using the Freiberg Skull as evidence, the Swiftlets part as evidence and claiming Java man a hoax), but for the most part, especially the second part, it makes sense and raises a few questions...

--------------------

QUOTE(Styx)
Dancin' on a landmine baby one leg left, I can still crawl and I'm not dead yet. You better get a bigger gun, I'm not dead yet.

QUOTE(K. M. Munshi)

Achievements

+Quote Post
Passionate Homo ...
post Apr 13 2006, 11:20 PM
Post #56

Scam Artist
Group Icon

It's a bit Swiss-cheese..

--------------------

QUOTE(LMOZ)
Achievements

+Quote Post
Un-Amurikan Bast...
post Apr 13 2006, 11:22 PM
Post #57

Upstanding Citizen

Aye it is. But there's some good stuff too...like I said, I just wanted to stir up this topic...I was mainly aiming at the carbon dating part and human footprints in millions of years old stone alongside dinosaur tracks, Guadaloupe Woman and other skulls and skeletons found that didn't carbon date within the evolutionary theory, human markings on dinosaur bones, artifiacts in stone and coal and ancient ground layers (layers far too old for Homo sapiens), alongside the human brain size, language, cultures and stuff about reconstructing faces from skull fragments (you can't really know what the non-bony stuff looked like, as well as skin and hair...)...they threw in a fair amount of Bible references though (i.e. linking stuff with The Flood, cultures spreading from the Middle East, the humans brain claiming to be formed 100,000 years ago, yet modern human activity started about 5,000 years ago [animal domestication, records, towns, languages, agriculture, etc.)...

This post has been edited by Un-Amärikin Bastard: Apr 13 2006, 11:38 PM

--------------------

QUOTE(Styx)

QUOTE(K. M. Munshi)

Achievements

+Quote Post
Passionate Homo ...
post Apr 14 2006, 12:06 AM
Post #58

Scam Artist
Group Icon

I can't really tell when they're using science and when they're making stuff up. The fact that religion might overlap into the scientific techniques makes it difficult to take those parts seriously. It's the old problem with creation science - it's a means to an end, and it's especially evident in this case...

--------------------

QUOTE(LMOZ)
Achievements

+Quote Post
Qdeathstar
post Apr 14 2006, 12:53 AM
Post #59

My Penis, Your ass. Lets go.
Group Icon

Member No.: 14

All this means is that god created that animal too. v.v

--------------------

Seether - Country Song
Download Now

QUOTE (Massacre @ Aug 26 2010, 04:28 PM) *
I've found it's impossible to be more human than human. Inhuman, however, is easy.

Achievements

+Quote Post
Un-Amurikan Bast...
post Apr 14 2006, 01:08 AM
Post #60

Upstanding Citizen

QUOTE(Qdeathstar @ Apr 13 2006, 08:50 PM) [snapback]1133111[/snapback]

All this means is that god created that animal too. v.v

What?

--------------------

QUOTE(Styx)

QUOTE(K. M. Munshi)

Achievements

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2014 - 02:18 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4