Fido 14
post Apr 9 2006, 12:03 AM
Post #21

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 16,786

QUOTE(mello_yello @ Apr 8 2006, 09:56 PM) [snapback]1129893[/snapback]

Or I'm repeating over and over that they've found 3 transitional forms. What are they looking for if not that?

What are you talking about? All I said from the beginning is good for them and that they should try harder to find the missing link between primates and humans now. What's so wrong about my statement? I'll believe that we evolved from primates when they find the missing link between primates and humans. Just as I now believe the evolution between sea animals and land animals.

--------------------

-Credit to Washunka for sig
UNBANNED AGAIN!
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Passionate Homo ...
post Apr 9 2006, 01:00 AM
Post #22

Scam Artist
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 15

...Am I speaking French or something?

Homo sapiens = MANKIND.
Chimpanzee = MONKEY

Homo Heidelbergensis, Homo erectus and the Ethiopian specimen = transitional forms between man and monkey.

--------------------

QUOTE(LMOZ)
drive carfuly,because every secend a shrak can teleport itself to your car, and try to drive your car (if you have one) with shark in it.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Fido 14
post Apr 9 2006, 01:17 AM
Post #23

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

QUOTE(mello_yello @ Apr 8 2006, 10:57 PM) [snapback]1129912[/snapback]

...Am I speaking French or something?

Homo sapiens = MANKIND.
Chimpanzee = MONKEY

Homo Heidelbergensis, Homo erectus and the Ethiopian specimen = transitional forms between man and monkey.

Homo Erectus and Homo Sapiens were totally different. There's a difference in cranial size and facial angle if you look at pictures on their skulls. You still need the missing link to prove that we evolved from primates. How hard is that to understand?

This post has been edited by Fido 14: Apr 9 2006, 01:18 AM

--------------------

UNBANNED AGAIN!
Achievements

+Quote Post
Passionate Homo ...
post Apr 9 2006, 01:37 AM
Post #24

Scam Artist
Group Icon

That's what the unnamed Ethiopian specimen is about, it's a transitional form between H. erectus and H. sapiens.

--------------------

QUOTE(LMOZ)
drive carfuly,because every secend a shrak can teleport itself to your car, and try to drive your car (if you have one) with shark in it.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Fido 14
post Apr 9 2006, 01:39 AM
Post #25

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

QUOTE(mello_yello @ Apr 8 2006, 11:34 PM) [snapback]1129923[/snapback]

That's what the unnamed Ethiopian specimen is about, it's a transitional form between H. erectus and H. sapiens.

And you need the missing link between primates and humans to prove it. So what exactly is your point if you don't have the solid evidence that proves the evolution between humans and primates sufficient? Are you trying to say that you have the missing link lying on your desk? If so, please take pictures of it so the whole world can be amazed.

--------------------

UNBANNED AGAIN!
Achievements

+Quote Post
Passionate Homo ...
post Apr 9 2006, 02:22 AM
Post #26

Scam Artist
Group Icon

Nah, I'm saying a group of Japanese and American scientists digging in Ethiopia have the skeleton of your beloved missing link =/

--------------------

QUOTE(LMOZ)
Achievements

+Quote Post
Fido 14
post Apr 9 2006, 02:24 AM
Post #27

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

QUOTE(mello_yello @ Apr 9 2006, 12:19 AM) [snapback]1129939[/snapback]

Nah, I'm saying a group of Japanese and American scientists digging in Ethiopia have the skeleton of your beloved missing link =/

The missing link between humans and primates hasn't been found yet. Thus, you are wrong.

--------------------

UNBANNED AGAIN!
Achievements

+Quote Post
Lord Steve0
post Apr 9 2006, 10:16 AM
Post #28

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,580

Fido nobody knows what the missing link will look like.

It could well have the exact cranial size as both errectus and sapien, there is no way of knowing.
So to say that what skeletons we have already found don't prove anything is ignoring the evidence.

We have current humans, and we have older homo skeletons. Both are extremely similar, therefore it's sensible to assuem that we are pretty closely linked in the evolutionary scale of things.

Likewise, we have the older homo skeletons and those of older apes, both are similar. So you could easily draw the conclusion that we are closely related to these apes too. Actual 100% proof has not been found yet, yes. But looking at the evidence it is sensible to assume we are very closely related to apes.

If we are not related to apes, then where exactly did humans come from? We didn't just spring up from thin air or holes in the ground.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Passionate Homo ...
post Apr 9 2006, 09:43 PM
Post #29

Scam Artist
Group Icon

All powerful creator rolleyes.gif

It's stupid to say that, considering all but the most stubborn creationist scientists accept evolution now, although some disagree with the hypothesis that it could have happened unguided.

--------------------

QUOTE(LMOZ)
Achievements

+Quote Post
Un-Amurikan Bast...
post Apr 9 2006, 10:37 PM
Post #30

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 17,310

QUOTE(mello_yello @ Apr 8 2006, 05:54 PM) [snapback]1129854[/snapback]

For anyone who's not too stubborn, and just doesn't believe in evolution because they don't see how it can happen, try here.

For the sake of mankind, tell me you all believe in microevolution - ie small scale evolution, often a carried mutation over a dominant gene. If not, anyone with an interest in science might as well leave the topic, seeing as there's not going to be any in here.

-------------------------------

If you want living monkey men fido, it's not happening. That's not how things work. But Homo erectus and it's as yet unnamed Ethiopian transitional form are closer to us than chimpanzees.

And I think it's 97.2% OPx v_v

Micro and macroevolution are pretty much a given, so indeed, one has to believe at least that...

This post has been edited by Un-Amärikin Bastard: Apr 9 2006, 10:38 PM

--------------------

QUOTE(Styx)
Dancin' on a landmine baby one leg left, I can still crawl and I'm not dead yet. You better get a bigger gun, I'm not dead yet.

QUOTE(K. M. Munshi)
Have a scripture to recite, but make your own path.

Achievements

+Quote Post
NCP
post Apr 10 2006, 01:06 PM
Post #31

Nobody Special
Group Icon

Member No.: 73

Missing link:

http://www.world-science.net/exclusives/06..._unertanfrm.htm

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
gingergenius
post Apr 10 2006, 03:08 PM
Post #32

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 27,536

@ fido

look in any prehistory book and you'll see a diagram of a monkey. emerging from the monkey, slowly going onto two feet are less and less hairy species all the way till you get to homo sapiens sapiens - us. these species are the "missing link". scientists didnt just invent them, they were found in the same way archaeologists fount bones of t-rex and called it t-rex, and were able to determine what it looked like.

below is a family tree showing where humans evolved from. google their names to find out more about them but a. ramidus was the first primate to walk on 2 legs (of our ancestors it was a. anamensis). homo habilis was the first to use tools and had a primitive form of speech. homo erectus was the first primate to move into europe, and began to use fire as well as more complex tools. h. heidelbergensis could control fire. although we are not directly related, the neanderthals were able to use complex speech, developed clothes and culture including faith, and used fire for heat and cooking. homo sapiens also evolved from heidelburgensis, and had similar levels of technology. h. sapiens sapiens is what we are and we evolved about 120 000 years ago. by 30 000 years ago, we were the last 'homo' species. while neanderthals lived long enough to see modern man evolve, it is thought that we were the more adaptable and therefore survived.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  human_family_tree.bmp ( 878.34K ) Number of downloads: 5

Achievements

+Quote Post
Passionate Homo ...
post Apr 10 2006, 03:12 PM
Post #33

Scam Artist
Group Icon

May I point out that evolution can't actually "go backwards" because there's no intended end result.

In other news: Orang-Utans in Sumatra, Indonesia are having communal lessons: http://observer.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/sto...1749987,00.html

--------------------

QUOTE(LMOZ)
Achievements

+Quote Post
NCP
post Apr 10 2006, 04:16 PM
Post #34

Nobody Special
Group Icon

No, but that Turkish family probably misses the gen to stand up straight, so this could be the chance to find the gen.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Passionate Homo ...
post Apr 10 2006, 04:29 PM
Post #35

Scam Artist
Group Icon

Yeah I suppose. Or it could just be that they don't learn. People still have to be taught to walk.

--------------------

QUOTE(LMOZ)
Achievements

+Quote Post
NCP
post Apr 10 2006, 04:37 PM
Post #36

Nobody Special
Group Icon

True, but researchers think it's a kind of syndrome. They're still researching it, so if they'll find something interesting, we'll hear about it.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Fido 14
post Apr 11 2006, 01:51 AM
Post #37

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

QUOTE(gingergenius @ Apr 10 2006, 01:05 PM) [snapback]1130878[/snapback]

@ fido

look in any prehistory book and you'll see a diagram of a monkey. emerging from the monkey, slowly going onto two feet are less and less hairy species all the way till you get to homo sapiens sapiens - us. these species are the "missing link". scientists didnt just invent them, they were found in the same way archaeologists fount bones of t-rex and called it t-rex, and were able to determine what it looked like.

below is a family tree showing where humans evolved from. google their names to find out more about them but a. ramidus was the first primate to walk on 2 legs (of our ancestors it was a. anamensis). homo habilis was the first to use tools and had a primitive form of speech. homo erectus was the first primate to move into europe, and began to use fire as well as more complex tools. h. heidelbergensis could control fire. although we are not directly related, the neanderthals were able to use complex speech, developed clothes and culture including faith, and used fire for heat and cooking. homo sapiens also evolved from heidelburgensis, and had similar levels of technology. h. sapiens sapiens is what we are and we evolved about 120 000 years ago. by 30 000 years ago, we were the last 'homo' species. while neanderthals lived long enough to see modern man evolve, it is thought that we were the more adaptable and therefore survived.

You need the missing link to prove it 100% and even evolutionists won't deny that.

--------------------

UNBANNED AGAIN!
Achievements

+Quote Post
Passionate Homo ...
post Apr 11 2006, 02:09 AM
Post #38

Scam Artist
Group Icon

Fido, I don't think you get it: Finding a definate "missing link" between primates and humans would NOT prove evolution 100%. It'd just make the theory even more solid. But, considering they found a perfect link tomorrow, there'd still be no proof (because macroevolution can't be seen to happen) and there'd still be gaps in the fossil record.

--------------------

QUOTE(LMOZ)
Achievements

+Quote Post
DeKo
post Apr 12 2006, 02:21 PM
Post #39

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Member No.: 25

right, so let me get straight what fido is saying, evolution on earth evolved right up to this ethiopian skeleton, then stopped and died off, and god made us.

evolution is the only logical explanation. theres a lot more proof and a lot more believable that a magical guy up in the sky just making a couple of humans one day... im not saying i dont believe in god, i believe that theres some sort of god, that just isnt as powerful as somebody makes out... but come on, evolution is a lot more logical.

if you would stop looking at everything with such a 1 sided view of things, you cant see anything that doesnt agree with what you believe, e.g. all this topic mello has been giving you your "missing link" and you just deny it and say you need one.. wtf?

i seriously still think fido is just having a laugh with us all.. he must be

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Fido 14
post Apr 12 2006, 02:58 PM
Post #40

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

all this topic mello has been giving you your "missing link" and you just deny it and say you need one.. wtf?

They found the missing link? Sorry, but it would be universal news by now and evolution would be taught as a definite fact everywhere. Ethiopian skeletons don't mean anything. It certainly doesn't prove that we came out of Africa. I'll use the evolution logic with you now. According to evolution, it is possible for a group of people to migrate to another nation that is tremendously far away. According to evolution, this is possible because that group of people can do this by a slow process. By moving to one region and to another and by surviving through the food in those regions. Then when those group of people die off due to old age, then their children can accomplish their journey to the tremendously far nation, and it goes on that way until they settle down for good. By this evolution logic, it means that people could have migrated to Africa. So we will never know which continent these first people came from.

--------------------

UNBANNED AGAIN!
Achievements

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th October 2014 - 02:43 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4