Closed TopicStart new topic
> CJ's Voice Actor Revealed.
bigal
post Sep 28 2004, 06:56 PM
Post #21

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 402

To every dickleech that thinks he is not gonna be the voice, let me present 2 excellent points for you to consider:
1. There is one month till release.
How in the blue fuck are they gonna completely record all of the voices in one month? Short answer. It was done a long long time ago. It is not possible to code all those voiceovers and record them that quickly.
2. Who in the hell here doens't think Rockstar knows what they're doing?
Rockstar is the best game making company in the business, despite perhaps EA. Who in the fuck has the right to tell them they can't use a no one for the voice? They know what they're doing. When you jackasses hear that voice booming from CJ, you'll all be like, "Oh now I realize why they picked this guy. Wow! Shit!"

So there you go. CJ is Rockstar's baby.

--------------------
I am bigal from GameFAQs fame! I spread only truth about GTA. All hail bigal!
user posted image
"This is the best game available for your TI83+! And this is only a demo!!" (Mr. Slobadov, from ticalc.org fame)
The Andrus Programming Group
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
barkurr
post Sep 28 2004, 07:13 PM
Post #22

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 1,914

Yea man, i think that CJ;s voice is gunna fukn kick ass....R* dusnt need no big name, i think a big name wuld take away from the game, a nobody will have a great voice and will contribute to the game amazingly!!! SO SOON!!! Jumpy.gif

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
vivatforx
post Sep 28 2004, 07:16 PM
Post #23

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 123

damn blitz seems really pissed about this. i dont know why you would think dre would do it. he is 100 years old, and cj is a young buck.

this whole time they have been saying, it isnt about the "name" its about how well they do the job. now i understand why they have been saying it. to get us ready for this news.

they got ray liota last time because they could. now they are doing what they think is best for the role.

thank god it isnt chappelle.

--------------------
lemme guess, you ate cat for breakfast?
Achievements

+Quote Post
Lpoolboy
post Sep 28 2004, 07:40 PM
Post #24

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 2,003

Yah blitz, a big name would suck, this young guy will be class..
Allthough personnaly Im disapointed it wasnt mary J. Blige who got the role... happy.gif
Achievements

+Quote Post
Mr.Dizzle
post Sep 28 2004, 08:00 PM
Post #25

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 1,455

its cool that we know who the voice of cj is,,,, but has anyone heard of this guy???

--------------------
user posted image
Achievements

+Quote Post
Skillz
post Sep 28 2004, 08:15 PM
Post #26

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 222

I wanna hear this dude spit somethin'

--------------------
IPB Image

I smoke two joints in the morning.
I smoke two joints at night.
I smoke two joints in the afternoon, it makes me feel alright
I smoke two joints in time of peace, and two in time of war
I smoke two joints before I smoke two joints,
And then I smoke two more
Achievements

+Quote Post
Donnie
post Sep 28 2004, 08:17 PM
Post #27

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 101

QUOTE (Blitz @ Sep 28 2004, 05:03 PM)
That doesnt confirm its his voice.

It confirms hes been considered to do it.

It dont say thats why he chose me, it says he got the idea for me doing the voice from there...

Im sure several people have been considered in his voice.

It doesnt show enough to be on the homepage.

I seriously doubt Rockstar would pick an unknown (cant even find him in a google search) to voice one of the biggest characters in videogames history and future, against a certainly allstar cast.

Its not him.

He has been considered, but not selected. Someone like Dre, or a well known west coast rapper will do it.

I think we should respect up and coming stars. Lets face it once he does this game he will deffinetly be known. I bet you won't be bitching about him when you pop to the store and buy his album.
Hey Dr Dre had to start from some where so did Ice Cube. Lets face it your pissed off becuase you wanted some one famous, well im not going to be a hypocrit here i was also hoping for someone famous like Ice Cube but meh, Im glad R* are taking an intrest in someone new...this could infact help (forgot his name OMG) his carrer.
Anyway just looking at the pics of CJ i imaging having a real smooth west coast cali accent. Not like Dr Dre who has a bit of a harsh voice.
What i want to know is why everyone thinks this game is going to be ALL about Thuged out gang-banging. I mean in OPM2 in the july issue. It said that only 15% of the game is based about you being a gang member in Los Santos..even Dan Houser said. I think it was a mistake of R* realing LS first..i mean people of got it in there head that its all going to be about L.A gang-banging.

--------------------
IPB Image
Achievements

+Quote Post
T-Dot_Soulja
post Sep 28 2004, 08:32 PM
Post #28

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 189

Young Maylay is on that mixtape shit... I know it, I ain't got his tracks, but I know it...

Plus, download that song by that guy ft. Maylay that was stated earlier...

But seriously wink.gif you want it to be a surprise? Wait until the game comes out...

P.S. Pyro.. who's that lady in your sig? drool.gif

--------------------
Rock Music Sucks

I'm Glad That Kurt Cobaine Died. Juss Get 'Em UK Punks To Die And Everyone's Happy As Fuck.
Achievements

+Quote Post
TwoFacedTanner
post Sep 28 2004, 08:43 PM
Post #29

Clepto

Member No.: 908
XBL Gamertag: IanCredible988

Hey, why don't you guys shut the hell up? Rokstar knows what they are doing. They wouldn't have selected him if it didn't fit the role. But I guess I have some worries too. I don't want his voice to be deep, or like DMX's but I also don't want it to be high pitched like some rapper's is.

And to tell you the truth, if I had the choice, I'd have picked ICE CUBE.

But again, Rockstar knows what they are doing.

EDIT: Whoa....A lot of people posted while I typed this...now I look like an idiot! sad.gif
Achievements

+Quote Post
Nas
post Sep 28 2004, 09:12 PM
Post #30

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 751

I dont like the fact that they picked Young Maylay.I hope its a throw off to make every one forget about the voice. Cause rockstar would of picked a actor thats Known but not really big. Like Larenz Tate, hes famous but not real famous. I Hope rockstar just paid Young Maylay to act like hes the voice to throw people off. Cuz lets be real. WHO THE FUCK IS YOUNG MAY LAY to be a main character of a rockstar Game????? nah man it's a throw off. Rockstar is maybe trying to surpise us.

--------------------
user posted image
"Money is like Guns. Every Real gangsta got sum. And every fake gangsta wish they did" Dimez-N.Y.C
http://www.kingzofdacastle.com < get the album, be apart of the movement.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Styl
post Sep 28 2004, 09:18 PM
Post #31

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 307

QUOTE (Nas @ Sep 28 2004, 10:12 PM)
I dont like the fact that they picked Young Maylay.I hope its a throw off to make every one forget about the voice. Cause rockstar would of picked a actor thats Known but not really big. Like Larenz Tate, hes famous but not real famous. I Hope rockstar just paid Young Maylay to act like hes the voice to throw people off. Cuz lets be real. WHO THE FUCK IS YOUNG MAY LAY to be a main character of a rockstar Game????? nah man it's a throw off. Rockstar is maybe trying to surpise us.

Yea thas true but maybe they're tryin to surprise us with another surprise! Confused yet? I kno i am......
Achievements

+Quote Post
ekin113
post Sep 28 2004, 09:25 PM
Post #32

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 162

Nah, young maylay will be fine, i've never heard his voice but oh well. Im always up for a suprize.

--------------------
- I dont like you looking at me while im looking at you!

* GTA CARSER CITY*
- You all know its next...
Achievements

+Quote Post
Nas
post Sep 28 2004, 09:29 PM
Post #33

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 751

QUOTE (ekin113 @ Sep 28 2004, 10:25 PM)
Nah, young maylay will be fine, i've never heard his voice but oh well. Im always up for a suprize.

You never heard his voice so how you know he will be fine? He can sound like soft clown. I heard a song by him and he dont sound bad but im just saying.

--------------------
user posted image
"Money is like Guns. Every Real gangsta got sum. And every fake gangsta wish they did" Dimez-N.Y.C
http://www.kingzofdacastle.com < get the album, be apart of the movement.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Rorschach
post Sep 28 2004, 10:11 PM
Post #34

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 1,969

So, yes, they will risk it all, and some of you havent even heard his voice yet

Risk it all? You mean like how they "risked it all" by not giving GTA3's main character a voice?

Who cares? I'm just glad it's nobody we know.
Achievements

+Quote Post
diamondsandmac10...
post Sep 28 2004, 10:17 PM
Post #35

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 1,918

does anyone have a pic of this guy or what?
Achievements

+Quote Post
chapman_bobby
post Sep 28 2004, 10:19 PM
Post #36

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 556

QUOTE (Blitz @ Sep 28 2004, 05:16 PM)
Well if you were Rockstar would you risk it on an unknown, or follow suite and voice a real actor / gangsta along with a decent cast.

(OFC You will say " Yer, ill pick him" But realistically i really doubt they would)

They have the money to pick an expensive actor or rapper and give the game a more authentic feel, than an "upcoming" rapper, he aint on google, i doubt hes commin up in shit.

Thats why they picked Ray Liotta, he suits the role immensly, and is a renowned actor.

Thats why I think Rockstar will follow suite, and pick an O.G. West coast rapper who was (and probably still is) big, especially in the early - mid nintees.

Like Dr. Dre, Ice Cube etc. Recognised people.

Just my thoughts

Rockstar already said they dont rely on celebrity's to sell. They pick who was good for the part. Shit, GTA3 didn't even have a fucking voice actor for the main character, and that game changed gaming history. Rockstar said they will pick an unknown if it sounds good for the part.
'Does that mean we shouldn't expect any celebrities in San Andreas?
Houser:''Now I didn't say that."' I dont know which magazine said that, and that's not an exact quote, but it gets across the idea.
-Bobby
Achievements

+Quote Post
T-Dot_Soulja
post Sep 28 2004, 10:50 PM
Post #37

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 189

Larenz Tate sounded ill in Menace II Society, but he sounds like a complete fag in other movies. No fuckin' joke Nas...

Go to his official website, you'll see what I mean... you'll realize who the "Soft clown's" gonna be tongue.gif

Edit: - My avatar... see Larenz Tate sounded ill when he shot that bastard... laugh.gif

--------------------
Rock Music Sucks

I'm Glad That Kurt Cobaine Died. Juss Get 'Em UK Punks To Die And Everyone's Happy As Fuck.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Pothead
post Sep 28 2004, 11:26 PM
Post #38

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 115

user posted image

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Aintnothinbutaga...
post Sep 29 2004, 12:10 AM
Post #39

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 2,043

DAAAMN boy thats yung maylay..he doesnt look half bad for the role, i mean he looks like a gangsta, he must sound like a gangsta, ya hear?
Achievements

+Quote Post
lavafreezer
post Sep 29 2004, 01:21 AM
Post #40

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 1,991

omg dude u sound so wite
Achievements

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th December 2014 - 08:54 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4