Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Rules of NFL
House
post Nov 2 2005, 08:30 AM
Post #1

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,344

I am completely lost, I can watch a game and don't know what is happening.
So I decide to buy the game to break it down, still lost.

Can someone explain the Rules of NFL.

--------------------
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
NTC187
post Nov 3 2005, 08:11 AM
Post #2

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 28

Ok, let me explain.

Touchdown = 6 Points, a score when you run over the oppositions goal line.

Extra Point = 1/2 Points, this is basically your conversion, after getting a touchdown, like in Rugby, you can convert the TD, you can either just kick a field goal (1 point) or try for a 2 point conversion by running the ball in or using another play from the play book.

Downs = Downs are like your tackles in Rugby League, you have 4 attempts to get past the 10 yard line (the giant yellow line which is on the TV screen, it moves with each play), If you fail to get past the 10 in your 4 downs, its a turnover, which is a punt, or you can every try a regular play to get out of it.

Sack = A sack is when you get to the QB and tackle him behind the line of scrimmage for a loss of yardage.

Fumble = When a player loses the ball. If a players knee/s hit the ground before losing the ball, its not a fumble.

Challenge = This is basically the video ref like in Rugby League, except the coach is allowed to call on it when he likes, if he disagrees with a call or somthing, and the ref hasnt picked up on a mistake or error, the coach can get a video replay of the play to determine what really happened. You get 2 challanges in each half.

Line of scrimmage = The line in which the defense and offensive players line up in.

Running Back/Half Back = The specialty player you have on your team whos key purpose is to run the ball. Can also be used as a reciever, and other players can be used as a RB too.

Pick = Interception, when the opposition defense steals the ball in mid air after a pass has been thrown.

Shotgun = This is a type of play in which the QB stands about a metre or 2 behind the line of scrimmage, usually offers more time to see the field, and gives the QB a bit more time to make a play. Usually the QB starts off at the line of scrimmage.

I'll add anything else I think of you might want to know in once I think of it.

Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2014 - 03:43 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4