I'm finished with the GUI for the mission analyzer tool I mentioned in this
thread. It's attached.
What is it?
- Reads your savefile and gives you a rundown of your completion status on all missions in the game.
- Shows you the unique jumps that haven't been done on a map. Optionally also shows landing zones and camera positions for the jumps.
- Shows you the gang tags, snapshots, horseshoes and oysters that haven't been done on a map.
How to run?
- Unzip the file and run sama.exe. Open the savefile you want to analyze from the menu.
- The program requires that you have .NET framework 1.1 installed to run. If it's not there it won't start. The .NET framework can be found here. If you don't want to install .NET, I've added a command-line version of the tool. It's in the zip file and it's called gx. Run it from a command prompt with "gx save_file_name" and it will give you a printout with all the information.
- It's been tested with version 1 savefiles. There is no risk in trying it on savefiles from other versions or with mods, since it only reads the savefile. If you do, it will do one of three things - 1) work correctly or 2) give an error message saying that the savefile is invalid or 3) believe the savefile to be valid and analyze it but show results that may be partially or fully incorrect. I've also tried it on 2nd Edition savefiles. It analyzes the file and gives the correct information for the unique jumps and pickups. I'm not sure about the mission information.
- Storyline missions are not listed in detail. Instead, they're represented by "End of the Line", for which you get a status. I figured that's enough.
Version Updates Changelog
Oct 30 2005
- Improved the analysis of safehouses and unique jumps. This part now works on a wider range of mods.
- Command line version automatically searches for savefiles in the default folder where GTA:SA puts them as well as the current directory.
Oct 21 2005
- Bug fix - the savefile wasn't closed properly so it couldn't be saved again while SAMA was still open.
- Added a toolbar.
- Added an option to analyze a GTA:SA loaded game running in parallel with SAMA. This feature uses memory addresses from the 1.0 US version of gta_sa.exe. The memory addresses are not version-portable. As with savefiles, there is no risk in trying it on your game, since it accesses the game's memory in read-only mode. You'll get an error message if a loaded game is not running or if it determines the version is incompatible.
- Command line version uses ranges for item numbers (shorter printout).
Oct 19 2005
- Added menu options for saving and printing the map.
- Made the window size and settings on the map tab page "sticky". They get saved (to the registry) on exit and reloaded on the next run.
- Command line version now uses pickup item numbers from the maps on gta-sanandreas.com instead of gamefaqs.com
- Fixed some minor errors in the coordinates of some of the items.
Oct 18 2005 - Original Version
This post has been edited by gtasa4ever: Oct 30 2005, 05:05 PM
( 677.58K )
Number of downloads: 10772