post Aug 28 2009, 05:55 PM
Post #1001

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

naw, i reloaded a previous save once i realized i couldn't claim sparkle's shack... she's still alive biggrin.gif...

i got a question... has anyone ever purchased a room at rivet city or underworld? and if so, do you get to use the room whenever you like or, do you have to pay 120 caps every time you want to? i mean, i might just claim the rivet city hotel room as my own if i can be sure it's mine after paying once...

EDIT: screw that, i just read up on the rivet city room and sometimes someone will go into your room and actually take things that are lying out... and sometimes the storage containers reset... fuck that idea then, maybe i'll just use the cot in the common room... items don't disappear in that footlocker... maybe i'll use this as like a "summer home", like the rich snobby chicago people do around where i live...

any other good places to call your own out there? also, check out tepid sewers... i think that's the best place i've found so far... hey, where's that one place that has that ghoul wearing a party hat at? that might be another place to look into as well...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Aug 28 2009, 06:06 PM

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Aug 28 2009, 06:03 PM
Post #1002

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
From: Leichenstadt, State of Massacre, in the Warlord Empire
Member No.: 2,470
XBL Gamertag: WarlordMassacre
PSN Name: Warlord_Massacre

I'm pretty sure it's just like renting a bed at Moriarty's. If you have 100 lockpick though, you can just pick the door and sleep there whenever you want. I don't think there's any penalty after the initial lockpicking.

--------------------
QUOTE (Darth Sexy @ Sep 12 2009, 03:43 AM) *
Massacre, you make me look like a rational, moral, kind person.
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Oct 26 2009, 01:22 PM) *
Massacre - What you've just posted is sick and disturbing...
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 17 2010, 04:22 PM) *
When Massacre is around, everything is violated... Whether it likes it or not.
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Mar 6 2011, 09:40 AM) *
Whenever I think of "human resources" Massacre immediately springs to mind.

Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Aug 28 2009, 06:39 PM
Post #1003

Boss
Group Icon

Member No.: 40,397

I think I am going to try posting up at the Abandoned Car Fort for awhile. I have enough mines I can secure a pretty tight perimeter. Don't know how long I will stay; not much up that way except a bunch of mirelurks and the Enclave controlled Satcom Tower. I might take Clover for some "company" and see how that goes.
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Aug 28 2009, 06:59 PM
Post #1004

i just think i found the BEST location... it's not a location either, it's in-between locations...

- Abandoned Tent

check out the video, it has a nice setup inside.. it's not as big as the tepid sewers though... i'd like to have a nice big place to roam around in personally... maybe i'll still stick with the sewers...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Aug 28 2009, 07:02 PM

--------------------

Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
§ynch
post Aug 28 2009, 07:07 PM
Post #1005

Riff-Raff
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,395
XBL Gamertag: synchronizer
PSN Name: alpha male
Xfire Identity: XFire it up

QUOTE(bOnEs @ Aug 28 2009, 10:55 AM) [snapback]1519984[/snapback]
i got a question... has anyone ever purchased a room at rivet city or underworld? and if so, do you get to use the room whenever you like or, do you have to pay 120 caps every time you want to? i mean, i might just claim the rivet city hotel room as my own if i can be sure it's mine after paying once...
any other good places to call your own out there? also, check out tepid sewers... i think that's the best place i've found so far... hey, where's that one place that has that ghoul wearing a party hat at? that might be another place to look into as well...

Pay. Or lockpick. Go to sleep, 8 seconds later, you're done.
No one is gonna steal your stuff man L0L.

Gallo is the cannibal ghoul, he lives in Sewer Waystation.
He's got a great stash of stuff, kill him for the key.
Party hat - bonus.

Near that Sewer Waystation - the 4th burial site for "Search party" mini-quest,
and the small Talon camp upstairs across the street. Interesting area.

I remember your tent area - lots of radscorps around there.
Later as you level up they turn into Sentry Bots. Bastards.

QUOTE(Massacre @ Aug 28 2009, 11:03 AM) [snapback]1519986[/snapback]
I'm pretty sure it's just like renting a bed at Moriarty's. If you have 100 lockpick though, you can just pick the door and sleep there whenever you want. I don't think there's any penalty after the initial lockpicking.

Yup. I stayed there once. Kind of a joke. No penalty for picking the lock.
The only reason I stayed the first time was in the middle of Replicated Man
and Wasteland Survival Guide missions, second was waiting for the market to open.
700 lbs of crap to offload I wasn't about to pay a second time for just a bed.

QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Aug 28 2009, 11:39 AM) [snapback]1519987[/snapback]
I think I am going to try posting up at the Abandoned Car Fort for awhile. I have enough mines I can secure a pretty tight perimeter. Don't know how long I will stay; not much up that way except a bunch of mirelurks and the Enclave controlled Satcom Tower. I might take Clover for some "company" and see how that goes.

I love that place, it's awesome. That same freeway has the truck with the Chinese diplomat list.
There is also Enclave on the bridge, as well as the Satcom tower at the end of the freeway.

There is a similar raider encampment, directly across the river from the Satcom tower.
Like 3 level of stacked cars, all 3 have Raiders patrolling. On the hill. Great hunting and sniping.
I like that place a lot, and the 3 levels of stacked cars is also basically west of Deathclaw Sanctuary.
Further north is the Raider dock area with lots of Mirelurks.

Here's an idea - camp at the Yao Guai caves if you have the animal friend perk.
There is a shitton of stuff in there including beds. And um, Yao Guai's. laugh.gif
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Aug 28 2009, 08:06 PM
Post #1006

Boss
Group Icon

Member No.: 40,397

The Fallout Wiki has a good list of Non-ownable living spaces.
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_3_player_housing

Couple places there I hadn't considered.
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Aug 28 2009, 08:08 PM
Post #1007

QUOTE(§ynch @ Aug 28 2009, 03:07 PM) [snapback]1519989[/snapback]
Gallo is the cannibal ghoul, he lives in Sewer Waystation.
He's got a great stash of stuff, kill him for the key.
Party hat - bonus.

I remember your tent area - lots of radscorps around there.
Later as you level up they turn into Sentry Bots. Bastards.

is gallo the one with the sweet setup where his place is like in an intersection of collapsed tunnels with hanging christmas lights?

yea, that tent is kinda out in open... if i were to use it, i would probably surround it with bottlecap mines for protection from enemies who spot me running to it...
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Aug 28 2009, 04:06 PM) [snapback]1519993[/snapback]
The Fallout Wiki has a good list of Non-ownable living spaces.
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_3_player_housing

Couple places there I hadn't considered.

yea, i've looked at that list numerous times... visited quite a few of the suggested locations as well... it's where i found out about the tepid sewers and farragut west station...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Aug 28 2009, 08:10 PM

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
§ynch
post Aug 29 2009, 05:12 AM
Post #1008

Riff-Raff
Group Icon

QUOTE(bOnEs @ Aug 28 2009, 01:08 PM) [snapback]1519994[/snapback]
is gallo the one with the sweet setup where his place is like in an intersection of
collapsed tunnels with hanging christmas lights?

I remember his place as an intersection of walkways.
In the sewers, there's an intersection, and a pressure trap.
Inch around it, and face the garden gnomes at his door.
Enter the door to find him guarding his nuka cola collection and more.
His stash is the locked room across the hall/walk way from his living/cannabalizing area.
Dude, just found him on the Fallout Wiki.

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Aug 29 2009, 05:24 PM
Post #1009

yea, i looked it up too last night... checked it out but, i still think tepid sewer is better... plus, his place is much longer of a walk to get to... almost twice as long as tepid sewer... i like the nuka-cola stuff but, i don't particularly like the rest of the setup down there... there's even a cooler with a ghoul stuffed in it laugh.gif... the bar was cool but, the rest wasn't what i was looking for...

and synch your right about the abandoned tent... i went there and ran into 2 giant radscorpions... fuck that place...

tepid's got a few rooms in the main housing portion, even a bathroom... and 3 dead raiders to do as you please with... plus, i am gonna walk through the entire area to see if there are any boxes and other junk i can lift and carry back to the hideout... hell, i guess i could carry a few more raiders back to store in the bathroom laugh.gif... yea, it's tepid sewer for me... i checked out a few more housing locations but, nothing can top it yet... the only downside to this location is there is no workbench but, there's plenty of places i can travel to that have one...

even the weatherly hotel is no good for me... well, it works as a nice second home though and i plan on storing dead rivet city citizens in there... as well as other stuff like the mutilated body parts biggrin.gif... i like that idea... it'll serve as a nice place to call my second home...

-----

lol, rory is still living in the paradise falls bathroom laugh.gif... it's been about a week in-game time since i did the "rescue from paradise" quest... and he's still hanging out... i gave him some better armor and a weapon... sprinkled some non-perishable food items and some beer in there for him... it's kinda funny really, i guess the people of paradise fall never need to use the bathroom...

and now guess what happens when i leave megaton thru the front door... not only do i have a giant soldier ant to kill out there but, now 3 raiders continue to spawn there as well... its giving the caravans trouble to deal with when i leave via the front door... it's kinda strange... and deputy weld's health is almost half gone now laugh.gif...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Sep 1 2009, 02:58 PM
Post #1010

jesus christ!! guess what i fight outside of megaton now?! 1 giant soldier ant, 3 raiders, 1 robobrain and 1 yao guai... and yes deputy weld kept respawning as well... he's been killed before but, now he regenerates just like everyone else out there... lol, it's turning into a warzone out there!! i feel bad for the caravans... at least the raiders help out with the yao guai, soldier ant, and robobrain...

and i found something that just further cements my decision to use the tepid sewer as home... upon further investigation, i found a workbench down there!! it's near the other end of the sewer but, it's there!! the only knock i had on the place was no workbench but, i can't say that anymore... and although it takes a while to reach, it's still an awesome find... it's now officially the "perfect place" to call home...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
TheAnalogKid2112
post Sep 2 2009, 12:55 AM
Post #1011

Oh boy! Oberto! Penis! Bundt cake! D-O's Can

Group: Members
Member No.: 39,933
PSN Name: TheAnalogKid2112

Fuck... My game freezes every time I try to enter Tenpenny Tower. That fucking SUCKS because I dropped all of my shit off in there before doing "The American Dream." All I have on me now is a fully-repaired Tesla set and my essential weapons. Fucking FUCK. Literally EVERYTHING I've collected over the course of the game is in that suite. You think of an item, I have it. Trust me. And I have like 200 purified waters and all kinds of weird collections like that. Not to mention Charon and Dogmeat that are trapped up there. FUCK. At least I'm on level 19. I guess I'll just wander around, rank up, and abandon this file.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
§ynch
post Sep 2 2009, 01:39 AM
Post #1012

Riff-Raff
Group Icon

QUOTE(bOnEs @ Sep 1 2009, 07:58 AM) [snapback]1520328[/snapback]
jesus christ!! guess what i fight outside of megaton now?! 1 giant soldier ant, 3 raiders, 1 robobrain and 1 yao guai... and yes deputy weld kept respawning as well... he's been killed before but, now he regenerates just like everyone else out there... lol, it's turning into a warzone out there!! i feel bad for the caravans... at least the raiders help out with the yao guai, soldier ant, and robobrain...

and i found something that just further cements my decision to use the tepid sewer as home... upon further investigation, i found a workbench down there!! it's near the other end of the sewer but, it's there!! the only knock i had on the place was no workbench but, i can't say that anymore... and although it takes a while to reach, it's still an awesome find... it's now officially the "perfect place" to call home...

Back on my first game as evil, it was Deathclaws and Sentry Bots attacking Megaton.
Weld would re-spawn occasionally, but Stockholm was dead, as was all the caravans.
Also dead on that game, Simms and Walter. That's about the time I found out
everything (negative) I did in Megaton affected the town. I proved it over and over.
On the last 3 games playing good, none of that shit ever happens, and I still get
to blow the fuck out of everything else and kill anyone I want. Easy to regain good karma.

I like Rocksalt's area, and if it weren't for the Mirelurk-infested area next door,
I would say it is just about perfect for you. But, I know you hatin' the lurks bro. XD.png

Tepid Sewers has a work bench in the back, but so do many other places that
are completely inhabitable. Since you guys started talking about it, I've found
so many places that could work for what you are trying to do. Most of the power
stations and towers would work, as well as many rubbled out buildings and hotels.
There is quite a few ghetto houses by Tenpenny with beds, and all the sewers
and Warrington have work benches. Probably the only places that wouldn't work out
is Old Olney, and the Deathclaw Sanctuary, or a DC Metro area with frequent mutants.

Try the Raid Shack! L0L while it looks just like any or all of the houses in Minefield
(Another perfect location for you) the Raid Shack is one of the few houses that
will only re-spawn Raiders if you go away for a long time. It is a classic place.
Due south of Wheaton Armory, in the suburbia behind Bethesda Ruins.

When you first find that place it is like a creepy movie.
If you haven't seen it I will try and take screens of it before I d/l Zeta.
Coming up on Mothership Zeta maybe tomorrow...
I've done or found pretty much everything else in the game.

@Analog: Re-load the last good save where Tenpenny doesn't freeze.
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Sep 2 2009, 03:29 PM
Post #1013

QUOTE(§ynch @ Sep 1 2009, 09:39 PM) [snapback]1520401[/snapback]
Back on my first game as evil, it was Deathclaws and Sentry Bots attacking Megaton.
Weld would re-spawn occasionally, but Stockholm was dead, as was all the caravans.
Also dead on that game, Simms and Walter. That's about the time I found out
everything (negative) I did in Megaton affected the town. I proved it over and over.
On the last 3 games playing good, none of that shit ever happens, and I still get
to blow the fuck out of everything else and kill anyone I want. Easy to regain good karma.

lol, this good file is the first time i noticed this problem outside of megaton... never had that issue before...

I like Rocksalt's area, and if it weren't for the Mirelurk-infested area next door,
I would say it is just about perfect for you. But, I know you hatin' the lurks bro. XD.png

lol yea, i fast-traveled there last night and forgot about the mirelurks out front that i killed a couple days ago... 3 hunters and 1 regular one... it's not much of an issue i guess... i think i read somewhere that if you move the dead bodies away from the location, they stop spawning there... but, that's not the only problem to deal with around the sewers... there's of course the enclave contingent near dukov's place where an officer and deathclaw spawn... and alongside the memorial, there's a super mutant prisoner camp... lol, it's not the safest place but then again, if it becomes an issue, i can reach the sewers from the georgetown west metro location as well... it's a longer journey to rocksalt's place but, it's probably a lot more safer if i can't get rid of all the re-spawning problems out front...

and in all reality, the mirelurks aren't much of a problem anymore... they don't scare me as much as they used to anymore... yesterday, me and charon went right up to the spawned mirelurks and started blasting away... i'll admit though, when i fast traveled there, it scared the shit out of me initially because, i saw 4 mirelurks turn to me when i got there... but, we made quick work of them...

Tepid Sewers has a work bench in the back, but so do many other places that
are completely inhabitable. Since you guys started talking about it, I've found
so many places that could work for what you are trying to do. Most of the power
stations and towers would work, as well as many rubbled out buildings and hotels.
There is quite a few ghetto houses by Tenpenny with beds, and all the sewers
and Warrington have work benches. Probably the only places that wouldn't work out
is Old Olney, and the Deathclaw Sanctuary, or a DC Metro area with frequent mutants.

Try the Raid Shack! L0L while it looks just like any or all of the houses in Minefield
(Another perfect location for you) the Raid Shack is one of the few houses that
will only re-spawn Raiders if you go away for a long time. It is a classic place.
Due south of Wheaton Armory, in the suburbia behind Bethesda Ruins.

yea, i can recall a few places out there in the wastes that seemed like a good housing location but i failed to remember where these places were... some of the raider camps look like a good place to call home, if they didn't have the respawning raiders laugh.gif... but, maybe you can do the same trick with those locations and drag the dead bodies a ways away from the location... i ought to read up more on that... i also heard that enslaving the raiders keeps them from respawning...

i need to read up on these again biggrin.gif...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
TheAnalogKid2112
post Sep 2 2009, 09:55 PM
Post #1014

Dude, PS3'ers... Tomorrow is the day! I'm just bummed I didn't get my platinum by now sad.gif It's okay though, because a. I don't give a damn about trophies anymore, and b. I've got enough anyway. I'm just gonna whore up the DLC now.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Sep 2 2009, 10:12 PM
Post #1015

what?! did you read that somewhere?? i haven't seen a lick of news concerning broken steel for tomorrow...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Sep 3 2009, 09:52 AM
Post #1016

Still Standing
Group Icon

Member No.: 439
PSN Name: BushkaUK

PS3 DLC?

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Sep 4 2009, 08:07 PM
Post #1017

the day came and went without broken steel... not even a mention of a future release date yet either... being bethesda, i'd expect them to announce a concrete release day in the next few days... i don't think they would keep it a secret and then one thursday afternoon BOOM!! it's available to download... if not in the next few days then, i am guessing that they are just gonna go back to the 2nd planned time frame of late september... and then we'll have to wait another couple of weeks before the announcement...

i didn't get my hopes up for a release on the 3rd but, i am getting my hopes up for a release on the 10th biggrin.gif...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
TheAnalogKid2112
post Sep 4 2009, 08:55 PM
Post #1018

Oh shit, I mistyped. A little birdie on my PSN friends (a few actually) told me it was being released on the 4th. I assumed that was a Thursday. I'm hoping for it today, but they probably don't know shit.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Sep 4 2009, 09:10 PM
Post #1019

i don't think the PSN updates on off days... i always thought they updated once a week, on thursdays...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
TheAnalogKid2112
post Sep 4 2009, 10:21 PM
Post #1020

QUOTE(bOnEs @ Sep 4 2009, 02:10 PM) [snapback]1520971[/snapback]
i don't think the PSN updates on off days... i always thought they updated once a week, on thursdays...

Nope, there are the occasional off-day updates. Individual items. That LBP dynamic theme came on a Friday along with something else. They do it a lot, you just don't look unless it's Thursday.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post

52 Pages V  « < 49 50 51 52 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd August 2014 - 06:05 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4