Tootsie_Roll
post Sep 20 2004, 09:33 PM
Post #1

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 214

GHOST TOWN/CARCER CITY GUIDE by: Loly Pop

REASON:
Alright I've seen alot of people ask about the ghost town so i decided to take this topic and tell you what it is. (and people have been confused)

RUMOR:
Ok you know the unfinished tunnel on Shoreside Vale. Well acutally there is two that have rocks blocking the way. Some say the tunnels go in a loop and connect to each other.but it was said that was supposed to lead to a new city called Carcer City when you beat it 100%. The idea of a new city after you beat 100% has been around for ages but has never been true. Where the name of the new town evolved was on a commercial in Gta 3 about a police man with creminal charges (gary shaffer) and he was in a near by city called Carcer City.

FACT:
Anyhoo, well the ghost town is right over the hill/mountain over the two tunnels so people got mixed up and thought that was a town. But in fact it was the ghost town where rockstar built the opening scene. It was used for filming and no one would be able to find it so Rockstar stuck it out there. But we did. So the rumor is that the ghost town is Carcer City.

Further info on the ghost town is that it is completly hollow. You can fly through everything and as you fly with the dodo you can see the 'Bank', two securecars, an esperato, (i think it also has a banshee), and the alley that you run out of after you shoot the camera on the opening scene. This was all used in the opening scene. The esperato is a new color also.

Also on gtagayming that has a mod to build a bridge to the ghost town. It makes everything solid also but I'm not sure you can drive any of the cars. Other than that and flying the dodo or the tank you cant get there.

******UPDATE****** Carser City is also the location for the game Manhunt. Just think of it as Rockstar's little universe.

Pictures:

user posted image
Location on a the map of the Ghost town.

user posted image
Aerial View from the Dodo of the Ghost Town...

user posted image
Liberty City Bank...LIBERTY CITY BANK!!!

user posted image
Beta Mr. Wonks Van...

user posted image
The Bank and 2 Securicars and an Esperanto...

user posted image
Where Fido and Catilina are running out of during the bank robbery...

user posted image
Where Fido and Catilina are running out of during the bank robbery...

user posted image
Purple Esperanto...

user posted image
Beta Securicar...

Googled Page with MANY Ghost Town screenshots...

Thanks to the folks at IGN for the pics

FAQ: by AKT & Loly Pop

Alright since you little fucktards are idiots, AKT & I have answered some Q's...

I suck at flying the Dodo. Is there another way I can get there?
- Get a Tank (((( Circle(6), R1, L2, L1, Triangle, Circle, Triangle ))))
- Put on the Dodo Cheat (((( Right, Circle, R1, L2, Down, L1, R1 ))))
- Get to the Airport. On the runway facing away from the city, turn the turret around.
- Start shooting until it goes off the ground. You can fly really well with the tank.
- It is hard to steer. Make soft but quick motions to turn.
- Follow the path given on the map below.
user posted image

Do you have to have 100% to enter the ghost town?
No you do NOT have to have 100%. You need to access the third island...this can be done many ways.
- Complete it normally.
- Use a tank to fly there.
- Fly across both bridges using the perfect handling cheat and the dodo cheat.

When can I see it?
Ghost Town is ALWAYS there.

Can I go throught those to solid tunnels to get there?
The tunnels NEVER open so, NO! But...if you hit them right with a plane, you may go through...you can see a brown connect tunnel through em like a glitch...but they never open.

Can you walk in the ghost town?
The only bit that is solid in Ghost town is a dustbin somewhere. Apart from that one dustbin, you CAN'T stand in Ghost Town. It is a film area and since Rockstar didn't think you would be there, why waste disk space to make it solid?

Is there a mod to see it easier or to make the Ghost Town solid?
You CAN get mods for the PC to get there (Google it).
This is the mod for the Ghost Town.
It makes a bridge to it and alot of the Ghost Town is solid. Cheers!

What about for ps2?
You CAN'T get mods for the PS2 easily (without certain equipment) to get there.

HINT
PC Modders - make backups first. Mods have a habit of screwing up your game and they can clash with each other if you're not careful.

--------

Thanks to Nanook for this bit of info on the Ghost Town

- The mod from gtagayming for a bridge does work, though not everything is made solid.
- There are some places you can fall through (trial and error if you want to drive around), solid areas include the area AROUND the bank (you can not enter it).
- The cars (2 Securicars and Esparanto) are NOT driveable, though sometimes they are solid with the mod.
- To see the ghost town climb the mountain near the observatory, get a sniper rifle and turn to face the mountain (if you are close enough) then you'll see ghost town through the mountain (no mod needed for this)

Sniper Rifle Trick to see the Ghost Town

Flying the Dodo
-Take off using the same runway as the jets that are taking off and landing.
-Start at the end of the runway where the Dodo is found in the hanger.
-Line up with the middle line on the runway. Push the X button and hold the left stick forward. Look at the nose of the plane, and when you start to see sparks, let the stick return the neutral position. You should lift off of the ground.
-Slightly tap the left stick forward to level out the plane. You will need to do this constantly during flight. If the nose gets too high, you will stall. An easy way to keep it level is when you see red above the wings, tap the stick forward. You shouldn't need to pull the stick back (only for advanced flying.)
-Don't panic! The plane will look like it is going to come down but it
won't, as long as you keep the plane level.
-To turn, slightly tap the left stick to the left or right, then slightly tap it the other direction again to straighten the plane out.

Do not turn sharply...tap tap tap the left stick. I suggest turning to
the right and flying over the water to get the hang of the plane. Stay
somewhat close the coastline until you get used to flying and watch out
for the unique jumps. Don't fly too far out to sea because the game
will lock up or your plane will disappear from the screen or both.

*NOTE*: You do not have to hold the X button during flight. I believe
holding it will slightly increase your air speed. You will need to
release it during certain landings.

Cheats
Some cheats you may need while reaching the Ghost Town.

Full Health/ Repair Car: R2, R2, L1, R1, Left, Down, Right, Up, Left, Down, Right, Up

[/I]Slow Down Game Play: Triangle, Up, Right, Down, Square, R1, R2

[I]Lower Wanted Level:
R2, R2, L1, R2, Up, Down, Up, Down, Up, Down

Clear Weather: L1, L2, R1, R2, R2, R1, L2, Triangle

Better Handling: R1, L1, R2, L1, L, R1, R1, Triangle

Flying Car: R, R2, Circle, R1, L2, D, L1, R1

Get A Tank: Circle, Circle, Circle, Circle, Circle, Circle, R1, L2, L1,
Triangle, Circle, Triangle

TRADEMARKED GUIDE! IF YOU EVEN THINK ABOUT STEALING IT, STAY AWAKE ALL NIGHT, CAUSE YOU MIGHT NOT HAVE A PENIS WHEN YOU WAKE UP!

This post has been edited by Loly Pop: May 9 2005, 11:19 PM

--------------------
[center]user posted image
user posted image
[/center]
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- Tootsie_Roll   Carcer City/Ghost Town   Sep 20 2004, 09:33 PM
- - mello_yello   re-opened, cos ive seen a few topics that differ e...   Oct 2 2004, 01:14 AM
- - Zacko   Good topic for people that don't know this inf...   Oct 3 2004, 03:44 PM
- - Anton   Carcer city is the town from Manhunt   Oct 3 2004, 04:16 PM
- - Tootsie_Roll   *sighs* i know just nevermind   Oct 3 2004, 09:59 PM
- - Heartless   QUOTE (Anton @ Oct 3 2004, 05:16 PM) Carcer city i...   Oct 3 2004, 10:29 PM
- - camp kill yourself   ive heard about the one town that you can unlock b...   Oct 3 2004, 10:36 PM
- - Nanook   The mod from GTAGaming for a bridge does work, tho...   Oct 11 2004, 05:23 PM
- - zero-one   I never been to Ghost town.....Can some one tell m...   Oct 15 2004, 09:20 PM
- - Tootsie_Roll   take off going away from the city with your dodo. ...   Oct 17 2004, 08:14 PM
- - Dark   Cool to know!   Oct 30 2004, 05:09 PM
- - Mr. Thunderfield   I just thought i should make it clearer that ghost...   Oct 30 2004, 08:20 PM
- - Kuwong   or just use the dodo cheat on a car.   Nov 2 2004, 05:25 PM
- - VorteX   Cool stuff.   Nov 6 2004, 12:37 AM
- - skaterkee   wow I had no idea about this, wooow, why did they ...   Nov 13 2004, 11:19 PM
- - basicked   waiit. so after 100%, you could go to carcer city?...   Nov 16 2004, 08:00 PM
- - Kuwong   you cant drive there or i think you cant i never g...   Nov 26 2004, 09:47 AM
- - Blackhawk3   Its simple, read the sign above where the ghost to...   Nov 26 2004, 11:54 PM
- - deko   it was to "film" the opening cutscene wi...   Nov 27 2004, 01:29 AM
- - lb90210   Woohoo, i saw the Goast Town Today I Accidently ...   Dec 1 2004, 01:30 PM
- - Pitbull   wow, i always heard of that "Ghost Town...   Dec 21 2004, 09:38 AM
- - timtag1190   thanks i just got over to ghost town today it was ...   Jan 1 2005, 04:35 AM
- - Tootsie_Roll   ............I have never had that happen to me. Bu...   Jan 3 2005, 09:47 PM
- - The Demon   about 6 moths ago i saw a screenshot of sum1 stand...   Jan 9 2005, 09:31 PM
- - Tootsie_Roll   There isn't a solid spot because it was all fi...   Jan 15 2005, 01:42 AM
- - The Demon   oh ok....so there is no way to get it solid for ps...   Jan 16 2005, 06:54 AM
- - Jazzman   I don't know. I read about this in a magazine ...   Jan 26 2005, 10:32 AM
- - tuppo   erm.. well... we have proof here that it DOES exis...   Jan 26 2005, 03:52 PM
- - Tootsie_Roll   Then why did you comment? Look CARSER CITY DOESN...   Jan 30 2005, 08:56 AM
- - Randomly-Insane   .....carser city exists in Manhunt, so technically...   Jan 30 2005, 09:18 AM
- - Tootsie_Roll   Thats what i meant...... But it is not that hard ...   Jan 30 2005, 09:40 AM
- - The Demon   on the computer is it solid?or do u have to make i...   Feb 20 2005, 09:18 PM
- - TheDon187   There is a mod for the PC version demon.   Mar 7 2005, 10:22 AM
- - Mr. Thunderfield   Do you think it's possible to make it solid on...   Mar 25 2005, 10:50 AM
- - Tootsie_Roll   Maybe...no one ever found out I don't believe....   Apr 5 2005, 09:28 PM
- - chris1210   do you have to have 100%   Apr 7 2005, 10:35 AM
- - fennboy62   can sum1 post a link to the mod?   Apr 8 2005, 08:16 PM
- - Tootsie_Roll   Go to gtagayming.com Then go to gta3 mods. Searc...   Apr 9 2005, 03:00 AM
- - Toge   QUOTE (chris1210 @ Apr 7 2005, 01:35 PM) do you ha...   Apr 9 2005, 07:16 AM
- - Pecnut   No you do NOT have to have 100% Ghost Town is ALWA...   Apr 9 2005, 11:39 AM
- - Tootsie_Roll   QUOTE (AKT @ Apr 9 2005, 12:39 PM) No you do NOT h...   Apr 13 2005, 07:40 PM
- - Corkyboy   I bought GTA3 in November in 2001 and now is the f...   Apr 28 2005, 09:12 AM
- - Kuwong   Yeah it was a cool find, amazing there’s still tal...   Apr 29 2005, 07:33 AM
- - The Demon   Its still a grat game you have to admit althou its...   Apr 30 2005, 12:38 AM
- - grove_4_life1   is there any other way to get there aside from do...   May 8 2005, 08:23 PM
- - Tootsie_Roll   Yes. There is...it involves cheats... - Get a Tan...   May 8 2005, 09:05 PM
- - kid_hood   why did everyone assume this was the carser city t...   Jul 6 2005, 11:34 PM
|- - Piranha   QUOTE(kid_hood @ Jul 6 2005, 06:34 PM)why did...   Jul 25 2005, 09:59 PM
- - WTP129   Excellent guide dude   Aug 14 2005, 06:58 PM
- - The Demon   I have the PC version of GTA3 and I added the mod ...   Aug 17 2005, 08:31 PM
|- - Tootsie_Roll   QUOTE(The Demon @ Aug 17 2005, 09:51 PM)I hav...   Aug 17 2005, 08:33 PM
- - The Demon   Sure, Give me about a day or two please cus I just...   Aug 18 2005, 08:51 AM
- - Pieface   By The Way im not sure if it is a typing error but...   Aug 27 2005, 08:12 PM
- - shibby   why did rockstar have to hide it it is a bit stran...   Sep 12 2005, 09:31 AM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2014 - 03:29 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4