Reply to this topicStart new topic
> GTASA Moddable, Not for long....
Wackedout1
post Jul 14 2005, 02:44 PM
Post #1

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,561

I was reading on yahoo news today and came accross this...

'Grand Theft' maker blames hackers for sex scenes

"We have learned that the 'hot coffee' modification is the work of a determined group of hackers who have gone to significant trouble to alter scenes in the official version of the game," Rockstar Games, a subsidiary of Take-Two Interactive Software Inc. (Nasdaq:TTWO - news), said in a statement.

Rockstar said it is investigating ways to increase the security protection of the source code and prevent the game from being altered by the "hot coffee" modification.

See the Article

So rockstar is blaming modders completly, and they don't relise that its a PC game, it will always be hackable.

--------------------
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
the_lone_bard
post Jul 14 2005, 04:09 PM
Post #2

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 18,911

Wasnt it them that created the damn Hot Coffee thing to begin with? Nobody coded those minigames or recorded the voices of CJ and the different girlfriends other than Rockstar. How the hell can they blame us?... What a bad move.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Batumulia
post Jul 14 2005, 07:25 PM
Post #3

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 15,954

lol just as i expected.....good ol' Rockstar blames us again

--------------------
user posted image
Achievements

+Quote Post
Platinum
post Jul 15 2005, 02:12 AM
Post #4

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 298

WTF, when was the last time they blamed 'us'?

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Simbionic
post Jul 15 2005, 11:05 AM
Post #5

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 19,336

Let them blame us.
R* needs to blame someone. They can't go around telling the god fearing people who complaint about the sex, that they dont give a fuck about what they have to say.
Like R* realy care's about the sex... They just need somone to blame so they dont get sude or somthing.

This post has been edited by Simbionic: Jul 15 2005, 01:56 PM

--------------------
{Lear to swim}
Achievements

+Quote Post
Repoman
post Jul 15 2005, 01:10 PM
Post #6

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 19,080

QUOTE(Batumulia @ Jul 14 2005, 03:25 PM)
lol just as i expected.....good ol' Rockstar blames us again

What other times did Rockstar blame modders?

--------------------
Tommy Vercetti can kick CJ's ass!
Needed for GTA:III 100% (no cheats): COMPLETE!
Needed for GTA:VC 100% (no cheats): COMPLETE!
Needed for GTA:SA 100% (no cheats): BMX Challenge

please do not link to images which need to be logged in to see. makes an annoying box pop up
Achievements

+Quote Post
Oddball_E8
post Jul 15 2005, 03:56 PM
Post #7

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 13,698

well they arent actually lying... the scenes werent supposed to be in the game... and some "hacker" (read modder) enabled them... against the will of rockstar games...

im not saying it was wrong of the modders either... just that R* is doing this so noone sues them for putting stuff like that in the game (wich they actually didnt)
Achievements

+Quote Post
nik_w
post Jul 15 2005, 04:05 PM
Post #8

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 16,327

It's pathetic really, why don't the censoring boards just slap a higher rating on the game and leave it all alone. Too many people spend their life whining like little bitches. I would love to meet these people I would give them a slap. These freaks obviously don't watch TV and probably spent their whole life wanking instead of having sex with a person. Yea, I bet that is their problem, it is purely sexual frustration.

--------------------
user posted image
Achievements

+Quote Post
LuigiBrotha
post Jul 15 2005, 05:24 PM
Post #9

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 576

Man what idiots. A game will always be modable. Even if they make it illigal it will still happen. Hell games are downloadable everywhere on the web. That is a bigger problem which they also can't stop so they also won't be able to stop this.

--------------------
user posted image
Achievements

+Quote Post
Psychotic_Bison
post Jul 15 2005, 07:28 PM
Post #10

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 18,599

It's PR bullshit and nothing more.

If anything, R* is probably enjoying a spike in sales right now because everyone and their momma is running out to get the game before it gets "secured". And just because of publicity. Hell, I'm feeling pretty damn good right now because by just owning the game I am giving a gigantic virtual middle finger to every right-wing bible-thumping nutjob that is involved in trying to resurrect the ghost of censorship. That's right - fuck you Judy, take your morals and shove 'em. but I digress...

Now in order to "secure" the game, R* would have to release a patch. There's a couple of problems with that.

1. GTA:SA is not multiplayable. So there's no motivation for ANYONE to download a patch which would do nothing but make modding impossible.

2. If R* was dumb enough to actually go for it (which they aren't, I hope) they'd have to put a lot of extra content into that patch just to make us want it. I mean GOBS of content, TONS of bug fixes and a grudzillion gameplay improvements. After all, the trade-off would be the inability to mod the game in any way.

And that's all IN ADDITION to whatever fixes they choose to make modding impossible.

That's a lot of work, ladies and genitals. Lots of work for which the company isn't getting a cent (unless the aforementioned right-wing nutjobs decide to send in donations). Money doesn't grow on trees, profit margin is small, and programmers' time is expensive. In fact, it could royally fuck up the financial outcome of GTA:SA as a project. Fugheddaboudid.

Of course, R* could make it like Marvel Comics and start sending cease and desist letters to sites that host GTA mods. They may actually shut down one or two. But given the proliferation of GTA mod sites (and the fact that some of them are abroad, i.e. in Russia), R* might as well not even get started.

So, in a nutshell, I wouldn't worry much about GTA:SA. The next GTA may be more difficult to mod, sure, but this one stays the way it is.

--------------------
Fuck 'em all,
Fuck 'em all,
The long, the short, and the tall,
The butcher,
The baker,
The candle stick maker,
Fuck 'em all,
Fuck 'em all,
And one day I'll kill 'em all!
Achievements

+Quote Post
Looney510
post Jul 16 2005, 06:09 PM
Post #11

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 18,349

i dont give if rockstar blames modders because they made the game and we all kno rockstar jus doesnt wanna get sued so they can make more games to give us to play tongue.gif btw f*ck politicians exploiting violent games to gain fame F*ck You Laura Bush smile.gif
Achievements

+Quote Post
Simbionic
post Jul 19 2005, 06:28 AM
Post #12

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 19,336

Btw... Why the F*ck do we keep sencering ourselfs...! (*)

--------------------
{Lear to swim}
Achievements

+Quote Post
trep316
post Jul 19 2005, 06:45 AM
Post #13

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 15,224

What BS, ofcourse R* placed the sex scenes in the game, wherelse would the models, the voice overs and the whole gameplay come from? I don't think anyone could create such perfect codes and models to be placed inside the game. I'm just thinking that R* placed this mod in the game in the first place, but they sort of locked it. Then they decided to shake things up a bit and create a mod to unlock that hot coffe gameplay and make even more profits. More people would come to buy the game when finding out that there is illegal sex scenes in the game, and news reports and others will highly publicize it's presence and contributing even more to the income. And since we need the mod to unlock it, it isn't really R* responsibilty if we choose to download the it.

BTW,
< 500th posts smile.gif

This post has been edited by trep316: Jul 19 2005, 06:49 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
Achievements

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 07:38 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4