IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> ERN for every reply instead of 1 until I return, to the thread again.
HEAT84
post Jun 28 2005, 08:36 PM
Post #1

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,927

I thought this forum was state of the art but it has one annoying problem. Instead of sending you a an E-Mail reply notifaction when there's a reply to a thread you are watchnig and no more UNTIL you go to read the reply, you get a ERN for every reply. I guess it woud make more sense to complain about this to the company who made this forum's software. But wait a sec. I'm subscribed to othe Invasion boards where ERN works properly. The funny thing about that is the version they use 1.3 is two years older than this board's 2.04.
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 8)
psychÝ
post Jun 28 2005, 10:24 PM
Post #2

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 1,279

i personnaly don't want any emails about anything but there seems to be no option to stop it in the control panel dry.gif

--------------------

Dragonfly
Achievements

+Quote Post
Neonô
post Jun 29 2005, 12:29 AM
Post #3

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 88

There is. Check the "be notified of replies to this topic" box, or something like that, when you post in a topic or post a topic, etc.

I never get emails.

--------------------

Milan is better.

Five-second sig, but hey, my car's badass :P

GTA 3 100% // GTA Vice City 100% // GTA San Andreas 100% // GTA Liberty City Stories 100%
Times died: 0. Times busted: 0. Times cheated: 0. On each game on the first run through.
Achievements

+Quote Post
HEAT84
post Jun 29 2005, 12:37 AM
Post #4

Upstanding Citizen

I want to use ERN I just don't want 50 of them in my inbox. I'm suprised psycho is having his problem 'cause every forum I sign up for lately ERN is off by default. I can't remember if that was the case here. Do most people prefer not to use ERN?

This post has been edited by HEAT84: Jun 29 2005, 12:37 AM
Achievements

+Quote Post
psychÝ
post Jun 29 2005, 01:37 AM
Post #5

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 1,279

QUOTE(HEAT84 @ Jun 29 2005, 02:37 AM)
I want to use ERN I just don't want 50 of them in my inbox. I'm suprised psycho is having his problem 'cause every forum I sign up for lately ERN is off by default. I can't remember if that was the case here. Do most people prefer not to use ERN?
[right][snapback]712354[/snapback][/right]

i don't think so

i have fixed the problem i had a box tick and then the setting was "no email notification" yet to get no emails you had to untick the box rolleyes.gif

--------------------

Dragonfly
Achievements

+Quote Post
HEAT84
post Jun 29 2005, 09:42 AM
Post #6

Upstanding Citizen

I just checked This Page and it said this: Please note that to avoid multiple emails being sent to your email address, you will only get one e-mail for each topic you are subscribed to until the next time you visit the board. So something IS wrong somewhere.

Edit: It would be nice if a mod would read this and maybe fix the problem. Well its still early in the morning (here in the US) so maybe they're still sleeping or on their way to work.

This post has been edited by HEAT84: Jun 29 2005, 09:47 AM
Achievements

+Quote Post
Nanook
post Jun 29 2005, 03:17 PM
Post #7

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 19

I personally dont use it.
If you care enough about a topic but can't remember what topic it was then bookmark it wink.gif

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
FuddMan
post Jun 29 2005, 04:30 PM
Post #8

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 1,351

The funny thing about that is the version they use 1.3 is two years older than this board's 2.04.

Exactly. They're different versions, meaning the email reply notification system works differently. One of Invision Power Services' aims for IPB 2.0.x was to make it run with less load on the server rolleyes.gif

--------------------
QUOTE (Psy)
Well, I must be honest, I do occasionally have the odd night off where I stick my fingers in as many pussy's as I can
php stands for psy humping pussy

zomg it's DuffMan's clone.
Achievements

+Quote Post
HEAT84
post Jun 29 2005, 07:06 PM
Post #9

Upstanding Citizen

QUOTE(DuffMan @ Jun 29 2005, 01:30 PM)
The funny thing about that is the version they use 1.3 is two years older than this board's 2.04.

Exactly. They're different versions, meaning the email reply notification system works differently. One of Invision Power Services' aims for IPB 2.0.x was to make it run with less load on the server rolleyes.gif
[right][snapback]713572[/snapback][/right]

Um, wouldn't sending less e-mails be less of a load on the server. Besides that, read my previous post.

[EDIT]

It also says this: There may be more replies to this topic, but only 1 email is sent per board
visit for each subscribed topic. This is
to limit the amount of mail that is sent to your inbox. in the E-
Mail that you get.
Achievements

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd November 2014 - 08:59 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4