IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> First thing to do if you are having problems!
spanish_lad
post Feb 26 2006, 10:50 AM
Post #61

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 28,338

QUOTE(cryptorchild @ Jan 13 2006, 09:59 PM) [snapback]1061310[/snapback]

I also have one of the above problems, the game wont start it just stays on the desktop.

I found a sollution in another topic.
QUOTE(psych)
If you get a black screen for 1 second and then it goes back to the desktop.

Go ctrl + alt + del > processes > end wbload.exe and that will fix it.

this worked for me, the only prob now is: why..
Hope the game will keep running and I do not run into any other problems such as crashing during gameplay.

ive got the same problem, thats why i came looking for this forum - i wanna play my new game but unfortunatly "computer says no" mad.gif

any ideas ? ive tried the win 2k and win 98 compatibility, im downloading the patch now, well see if that works.. im on a pretty old pc, but it runs theif / kingpin / hitman / carmageddon perfectly ?

30gb hd, Abit mobo, matrox graphics millenium g200 agp gc, 1ghz p3 chip, 256mb ram, dvd player...

whats the problem ? will it not run on my pc ? sad.gif could it be that my dvd player is too slow ? im updating my drivers as we speak, but i think they are all new as can be already ive not long done it sad.gif anyone got any ideas ?
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
gta_guy
post Feb 26 2006, 11:42 AM
Post #62

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 16,670

i think ur computer might be to old i know iv got a pretty new computer and it can berely run san andreas and all my other games fine but it might be something elso im not to experienced in this
Achievements

+Quote Post
Kurgen
post Feb 26 2006, 11:51 AM
Post #63

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 14,190

Agreed...

spanish_lad, here is the official minimum spec list :

CPU :: 1GHz Intel Pentium III or AMD Athlon <<< You have exactly that.

RAM :: 256MB <<< again, exactly what you have.

Graphics Card :: DirectX 9 compatible with minimum 64 MBs RAM on the card <<< this is your main problem. The G200 is way, way too old, and possibly has only 2 - 8 MBs of RAM on the card.

Even if you were to replace your graphics card with a compatible one, the rest of your PC is only just up-to-spec for the game.
Achievements

+Quote Post
scorpio
post Feb 26 2006, 03:42 PM
Post #64

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 27,764

This is my comp.

Intel Pentium IV 3.0 Ghz

1 Ghz DDR

Ati Radeon 9800 Pro
All the latest drivers of everything

I tried all the "solutions" they gave on here and from other sites.....still nothing.

I agree that Rockstar probably isn't the only one to be blamed.

I bought San Andreas a couple of months ago and i still couldn't get it to keep running.
After 5 min. max it crashes the whole computer with a blue screen.

This is the only game that has ever caused a problem on my machine, so if they don't come up with a solution in a couple of weeks.....i will not buy the next version...i know better ways to spend my money than on games that don't work. :angry:
Achievements

+Quote Post
spanish_lad
post Feb 26 2006, 04:58 PM
Post #65

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 28,338

QUOTE(Kurgen @ Feb 26 2006, 02:29 PM) [snapback]1105009[/snapback]

Agreed...

spanish_lad, here is the official minimum spec list :

CPU :: 1GHz Intel Pentium III or AMD Athlon <<< You have exactly that.

RAM :: 256MB <<< again, exactly what you have.

Graphics Card :: DirectX 9 compatible with minimum 64 MBs RAM on the card <<< this is your main problem. The G200 is way, way too old, and possibly has only 2 - 8 MBs of RAM on the card.

Even if you were to replace your graphics card with a compatible one, the rest of your PC is only just up-to-spec for the game.

i was afraid of that sad.gif (its 8mb, upgradeable i think? anyone know? ) if i replaced the graphics card with a 64mb opne off ebay (5er) would it run u think ?

or shall i just re-sell the game ?sad.gif i really wanted to play it sad.gif
Achievements

+Quote Post
Kurgen
post Feb 26 2006, 08:18 PM
Post #66

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 14,190

TBH, you'd probably need something like a GeForce 4 Ti4200, or Radeon 8500 as a realistic minimum, (both 128MB cards) but again, the rest of your system is only just up to running it. You may be throwing good money after bad, so to speak, but if you can find one cheap enough...
Achievements

+Quote Post
Nick_
post Apr 20 2006, 12:04 AM
Post #67

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 29,338

This game crashes every time I play it. I have a fully up to date system including all drivers and OS patches. I just reloaded the OS and had no problems running Doom 3 RoE @ 1600x1200 8xAF 8xAA. GTA-SA is great fun, but I get pissed when it takes a dive before I can save. I have read that since they removed the "Hot Coffee" in the newer version it runs much less stable. I don't give a crap about naked polygons, I just want a stable game. Although it must have been hilarious to see. The only patch I see for the game is version 1.01... I'm runing 2.0... WTF? Anybody know of anyway to stabalize this game?

Thanks in advance...
System Specs:

Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 2.80GHz
DirectX Info Version 9.0c Long Version 4.09.00.0904
NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Ultra Driver 8.4.2.1
Creative Audigy Audio Processor (WDM) Driver 5.12.8.1164
Total Physical Memory 1024 MB
Hard Disk Drive 1/2
Model Maxtor 6B300S0 (Data Drive)
Hard Disk Drive 2/2
Model WDC WD360GD-00FNA0 (System Drive)
Achievements

+Quote Post
sider inc.
post Jun 2 2006, 03:55 PM
Post #68

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 30,234

srry if my english is bad

Well i don't have the Reboot problem but another one...

If i start the game (new or saved game doesn't matter) my traffic is much to fast... they will crash in to me and eachother en like this the game can;t be played...

i tried everything.... even the update didn't help... (don't know if there is a new update planed because this realy sucks sad.gif....

Achievements

+Quote Post
steelmakerZ
post Aug 16 2006, 03:41 AM
Post #69

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 31,960

mad.gif wallbash_red.gif wallbash_red.gif i cant start the game , when i click te icon is shows the spinning disk then gives me the message "Origonal disk not found or authenticated." i can't think of anything else to do please help. here is my specs just in case.

operating system: XP
processor: AMD atholon 64 3000+, MMX, 3D now, ~2.0GHz
1/2 gig of memory
Nvidia Geforce FX 5200 128MB
i also have Xbox 360 controller and Saitek cyborge 3D joystik
Achievements

+Quote Post
zombius
post Nov 7 2006, 02:00 AM
Post #70

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 33,405

Ok, Here's the problem that I have. After clicking "New Game", the game will crash during the first load screen when the load status bar reaches half-way. It does it at the very exact same time. I have applied 2 mods for the game. Mod #1 being a car mod and mod #2 being a mod to replace CJ's video game system into an NES. Could those mods be the problem or could it be something totally different?
Achievements

+Quote Post
jmvaught
post Jan 9 2007, 07:42 AM
Post #71

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 34,374

Okay, here goes. My old comp specs:

P4 2.6

9200 SE (128 MB)

1.0 GB Ram

On board Audio

Win XP SP2 (currently removing SP2)

Here are my issues: I can't date any of the GFs, GTASA crashes the second I walk in to the red marker; I go to do the second Woozie mission where you drive to the airport and pick up the car and I get as far as the first intersection leaving the airport and it crashes; I go to do the second Jizzy mission and I get through the cut scene and drive to meet up with the hijacked van for about 30-45 seconds and it crashes, no matter what route I take.

I've had quite a few crashes before and have been able to fix them through reinstalling GTASA, deleting the .SET file and a few others, but nothing seems to fix this. My game is modded with cars and skins and I play most of the time with the "crazy trainer", but even with the original .IMGs, no trainer, no cheats completely stock with the 1.0 patch installed it crashes. I've updated all of my drivers that I've seen suggested in this and other forums. I've done the DX audio acceleration workaround, can't install the 1.01 patch because the I've a downgraded ver 2 to ver 1 game, yes I bought the game..from Wal-Mart. I always turn off my firewall, internet connection and virus protection. I've tried running it in ALL of the different compatability modes. I've tried using XP Smoker's "Game Boost" to no avail. I shut down ATIs Catalyst Control Panel, uninstalled my HD drivers to see if forcing the HD back out of PIO mode. I do not have windows blinds and that's all I can think of right now.

I guess my next thing to try after removing SP2 is to try the run as a different user work around after that I am going to be completely lost.

To the guy that put a screenshot of his pointer "tracers" up asking about that problem: I had that issue for about a second and switching resolutions fixed it. I even switched back and it was fine. I hope after all this time you've fixed it.

Thanks to all for all of the help to this point and any help is greatly appreciated in advance

J

**Edit**

This will be kinda long:

Okay, so removing Service Pack 2 did nothing but screw up my machine and after about 6 hours I finally got it reinstalled and I'm trying the "create a restricted user" work around. I've created the account and followed all of the instructions that I can find on the topic, but I get the error message that the user account doesn't have any devices associated with it. I also discovered that if I switch users and then try to log back on to my admin account, it's not on my "welcome screen." It only shows "Administration" and the restricted account I just created. When I try to log on to the Admin account it tells me my password is wrong, so I have to log off the restricted account completely and then I can "esc" the welcome screen and it then gives me an option to type in my user name and password, which works just fine. So, when I got logged back in and checked my users in the lack of "control panel" the account listed on my welcome screen doesn't show up, but both of the other two do. I know this part of it is more of a Win XP tech question, but it pertains to trying a solution for getting GTASA to work. BTW, I uninstalled all of my display drivers, deleted my ATI folder and then reinstalled them clean and it didn't help. Any ideas? I'm open to any and all suggestions, other than tossing my game in the trash or just not playing it. Thanks again, in advance.

This post has been edited by jmvaught: Jan 12 2007, 03:47 PM
Achievements

+Quote Post
Fright
post Jan 21 2007, 05:17 AM
Post #72

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 34,402

its not important if u have the latest drivers for u video card, if the blue screen says u have problems with nv4.disp it means u have problems with ur vid card and it keeps appearing on me even though i have the latest driver for my vid card (93. something forceware) and i installed one of the old drivers, 52. something driver and i've been playing for hours hours now and it wont crash

whats important is, ur driver and card are compatible, and ur OS and driver are compatible
Achievements

+Quote Post
jmvaught
post Feb 6 2007, 07:11 PM
Post #73

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 34,374

QUOTE(Fright @ Jan 21 2007, 12:17 AM) [snapback]1288120[/snapback]

its not important if u have the latest drivers for u video card, if the blue screen says u have problems with nv4.disp it means u have problems with ur vid card and it keeps appearing on me even though i have the latest driver for my vid card (93. something forceware) and i installed one of the old drivers, 52. something driver and i've been playing for hours hours now and it wont crash

whats important is, ur driver and card are compatible, and ur OS and driver are compatible

Where did you find the old driver?
Achievements

+Quote Post
omar
post Jun 10 2007, 11:08 AM
Post #74

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 36,229

I cant find wbload.. I have the problem of 1 sec then a black screen
Achievements

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 04:53 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4