Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Vehicle Control
archer
post Jun 10 2005, 12:21 PM
Post #1

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,566

OK, I'm getting really annoyed at this now. I loved the PC versions of both GTA3 and Vice City. In those games, whenever you drive the camera stays locked behind the car.

But the vehicle controls for San Andreas are disorientating. Mouse look seems to be active for driving, because when the mouse is moved the camera rotates around the car. I'm using the mouse and keyboard option.

There doesn't seem to be a way to disable this. wallbash_red.gif Any help would really be appreciated, as this is ruining an otherwise great game.
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
candy_suxx
post Jun 10 2005, 12:29 PM
Post #2

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 12,558

as i know from the ps2-version there are different camera-looks when driving a vehicle, so you perhaps have to change the position of the camera.
I guess there are 2 camera-looks from behind the car, one rotating and one fixed.

greetings from candy_suxx Jumpy.gif
Achievements

+Quote Post
CastorTroy
post Jun 10 2005, 07:38 PM
Post #3

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 12,615

Yep Archer,

Im having the same issue.

Seems fine if you put it in first person mode when driving, but hey, we wanna see our souped up super pimpin rides. As soon as you turn a corner, the angle goes completely off. No chance in a bike chase with the Fuzz scooter.gif

Ive been through every setting and cannot seem to find a mouse driving lock or anything close. If anyone has a solution please post. Changing camera views does not help unless it is first person view.

Apart from that all running at the highest settings, absolutely no issues.

Troy.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Smoov
post Jun 10 2005, 08:00 PM
Post #4

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 12,597

I don't think this would be classified as a "problem" to rockstar as they made it like it on purpose, I guess we're just going to have to live with it.

--------------------
[center]user posted image
user posted image
http://xpertgaming.org <- My site, very new :) [/center]
Achievements

+Quote Post
CastorTroy
post Jun 10 2005, 08:15 PM
Post #5

Upstanding Citizen

QUOTE(Smoov @ Jun 10 2005, 09:00 PM)
I don't think this would be classified as a "problem" to rockstar as they made it like it on purpose, I guess we're just going to have to live with it.
[right][snapback]674030[/snapback][/right]

Ok Guys,

Switching streer with mouse ON in the mouse options seems to fix it dramatically. You still get full key controls with fixed view.

My mouse sensitivity is very low as im a big first person shooter aka, CSS and bf nam, so i keep my gta the same. A good turn on the mouse really doesnt have that much of an impact on the car steering, and you can easily compensate with the keys.

Try it out, ive just had a whizz about for 20 mins and all went well.

Reet time for some drive by's

Troy
stupid.gif
Achievements

+Quote Post
archer
post Jun 10 2005, 09:23 PM
Post #6

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 12,566

Thanks, CastorTroy - it's not perfect, but it's a great help! Nice one!
Achievements

+Quote Post
CastorTroy
post Jun 11 2005, 09:31 AM
Post #7

Upstanding Citizen

QUOTE(archer @ Jun 10 2005, 10:23 PM)
Thanks, CastorTroy - it's not perfect, but it's a great help! Nice one!
[right][snapback]674156[/snapback][/right]

No woz archer..

Ill post in here if i find a better fix for it...

Troy

Achievements

+Quote Post
sparx
post Jun 11 2005, 07:35 PM
Post #8

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 12,619

one thing that would've helped driving 'dramatically' would be if they made the streets wider!
Achievements

+Quote Post
Jimmy0
post Jun 11 2005, 08:28 PM
Post #9

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 459

Yeah this sucks, can't drive properly.

Also, is there no way to have a fixed camera view when walking around? I find it hard to control when having to move the mouse, also whenever I move the mouse to see where I am going I end up moving it up or down and then having to re-adjust, which sucks.
Achievements

+Quote Post
solice
post Jun 12 2005, 07:32 PM
Post #10

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 13,024

QUOTE(Jimmy0 @ Jun 11 2005, 10:28 PM)
Yeah this sucks, can't drive properly.

Also, is there no way to have a fixed camera view when walking around? I find it hard to control when having to move the mouse, also whenever I move the mouse to see where I am going I end up moving it up or down and then having to re-adjust, which sucks.
[right][snapback]675275[/snapback][/right]

I have the same problem, setting the angle myself is OK! but why is it freaking switching back to the "blind angle" every second when I don't move my mouse... "Driving" me crazy sad.gif If they just give an option to disable the "auto-angle" functionality I'm happy as hell...
Achievements

+Quote Post
casmandt
post Jun 13 2005, 04:36 AM
Post #11

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 9,201

everone gets used to it. dw

--------------------
If you are reading this, you need to get out more.
Achievements

+Quote Post
solice
post Jun 13 2005, 04:05 PM
Post #12

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 13,024

QUOTE(casmandt @ Jun 13 2005, 06:36 AM)
everone gets used to it. dw
[right][snapback]678063[/snapback][/right]

everyone but me and Jimmy0 then... :x I'm sure loads of people find it annoying though!
Achievements

+Quote Post
Jimmy0
post Jun 13 2005, 04:12 PM
Post #13

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 459

Actually, I fixed my problem, turn on mouse for driving then still use the keys and as you trun a corner the camera still follows you - sort of.

^^ Read that in another post.
Achievements

+Quote Post
ycontrol
post Jun 13 2005, 06:55 PM
Post #14

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 4,485

If you want to use your keys to drive DON'T turn on "steer with mouse". Steer with your keys and DON'T touch your moouse at all and the camera will follow exactly the way it does with the ps2. As soon as you move your mouse it will stop following...leave it for a sec and it will go back to following.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
HEAT84
post Jun 15 2005, 03:25 AM
Post #15

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 13,927

QUOTE(ycontrol @ Jun 13 2005, 07:55 PM)
If you want to use your keys to drive DON'T turn on "steer with mouse". Steer with your keys and DON'T touch your moouse at all and the camera will follow exactly the way it does with the ps2. As soon as you move your mouse it will stop following...leave it for a sec and it will go back to following.
[right][snapback]679146[/snapback][/right]

The sick bastard programmer who screwed up the controls and cameras deserves to be held captive by Iraqi insurgents and tortured in the worst way imagineable. mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif
Achievements

+Quote Post
Papa Chulo
post Jun 15 2005, 04:43 AM
Post #16

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 2,061

HAHA Heat! but yeah, the controls are completely awkward for me and like someone else mentioned, doesn't it seem like the scale of the cars vs. street is a bit askew? ...i mean, this is LA for christ's sake, probably the bigest streets of any city in America rolleyes.gif

--------------------

user posted image
Achievements

+Quote Post
HEAT84
post Jun 15 2005, 02:47 PM
Post #17

Upstanding Citizen

QUOTE(Papa Chulo @ Jun 15 2005, 05:43 AM)
HAHA Heat!  but yeah, the controls are completely awkward for me and like someone else mentioned, doesn't it seem like the scale of the cars vs. street is a bit askew? ...i mean, this is LA for christ's sake, probably the bigest streets of any city in America  rolleyes.gif
[right][snapback]682924[/snapback][/right]

I haven't noticed that but if you turn or steer for a tenth of a second too long, you darn near do 360. The only vehicle that I have found to work like it did in the previous GTA's so far is the Fire Engine and maybe the ambulance.
Achievements

+Quote Post
casmandt
post Jun 16 2005, 08:24 AM
Post #18

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 9,201

the problem with me is that i use my thumb when im driving a adjust the camera to a side angle...lol.

--------------------
If you are reading this, you need to get out more.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Clear Air Turbul...
post Jun 19 2005, 03:21 PM
Post #19

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 15,031

QUOTE(ycontrol @ Jun 13 2005, 02:55 PM)

One of the first things I did was switch to mouse steering. This fixed the problem of the camera remaining at a useless angle after a sharp turn, but it doesn't seem to make the camera any tighter - I still have situations where I can see both headlights of my car without touching the camera controls.

What I've started doing is tapping the Look Left (or Look Right) partway through the turn - when you release it, the camera snaps back to a behind the car view.
Achievements

+Quote Post
HEAT84
post Jun 20 2005, 02:40 AM
Post #20

Upstanding Citizen

QUOTE(Clear Air Turbulence @ Jun 19 2005, 04:21 PM)
QUOTE(ycontrol @ Jun 13 2005, 02:55 PM)

One of the first things I did was switch to mouse steering. This fixed the problem of the camera remaining at a useless angle after a sharp turn, but it doesn't seem to make the camera any tighter - I still have situations where I can see both headlights of my car without touching the camera controls.

What I've started doing is tapping the Look Left (or Look Right) partway through the turn - when you release it, the camera snaps back to a behind the car view.
[right][snapback]690728[/snapback][/right]

Well, I've sort of adapted and have an advantage over most people because I have this keyboard: user posted image

I don't understand why this type of keyboard isn't more popular. I can just sit back in my chair and not have to worry about sitting up to use the mouse. I can't ever imagine going back to the typical keyboard/mouse setup that the other 99% of desktop computer users use.
Achievements

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 07:41 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4