IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

60 Pages V  « < 57 58 59 60 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rate the staff, Tell us how we are doing.
PabloHoneyOle
post Aug 25 2009, 06:16 PM
Post #1161

Boss
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 40,397

I'd like to see Amnesiac as a Moderator again. At least he has some work ethic.
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pieface
post Aug 25 2009, 07:30 PM
Post #1162

Jailbird
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 23,545

And Ironically, all the posts Amnesiac has reported, they have already been dealt with. Amnesiac, you're hardly online anyway.

--------------------
YES I don't play Xbox 360 anymore.

Add me on steam BITCHES. Pieface876
Achievements

+Quote Post
Zen
post Aug 25 2009, 08:57 PM
Post #1163

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Member No.: 35,460

QUOTE(Amnesiac @ Aug 25 2009, 06:46 PM) [snapback]1519580[/snapback]
i've reported how many posts now?
pieface has been online the entire time, btw.
great work, guys. v.gif

You've reported 3, wow, hardly worth a medal.

Well done Pieface, who had already dealt with the accounts by the time you'd stopped crying about the moderators and started reporting them.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Pieface
post Aug 25 2009, 08:59 PM
Post #1164

Jailbird
Group Icon

QUOTE(Zen @ Aug 25 2009, 09:57 PM) [snapback]1519600[/snapback]
great work, guys. v.gif

Well done Pieface, who had already dealt with the accounts by the time you'd stopped crying about the moderators and started reporting them.

It was done a couple of hours before he started crying lol.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Amnesiac
post Aug 25 2009, 09:33 PM
Post #1165

Nobody Special
Group Icon

Member No.: 4,201

QUOTE(Pieface @ Aug 25 2009, 03:59 PM) [snapback]1519601[/snapback]
great work, guys. v.gif

alright, if it was done "hours" before i reported it, then why wasn't it deleted or locked?

QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Aug 25 2009, 01:16 PM) [snapback]1519584[/snapback]

i don't care about it, or visit regularly enough, to actually put effort into keeping this shitstain of a forum active. no thank you.
i'd rather see D-O or someone who's kind enough and active enough become a mod get promoted, instead of a power tripping child like pieface.

This post has been edited by Amnesiac: Aug 25 2009, 09:33 PM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Pieface
post Aug 25 2009, 09:36 PM
Post #1166

Jailbird
Group Icon

QUOTE(Amnesiac @ Aug 25 2009, 10:33 PM) [snapback]1519603[/snapback]
QUOTE(Pieface @ Aug 25 2009, 03:59 PM) [snapback]1519601[/snapback]
great work, guys. v.gif

alright, if it was done "hours" before i reported it, then why wasn't it deleted or locked?

QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Aug 25 2009, 01:16 PM) [snapback]1519584[/snapback]

i don't care about it, or visit regularly enough, to actually put effort into keeping this shitstain of a forum active. no thank you.
i'd rather see D-O or someone who's kind enough and active enough become a mod get promoted, instead of a power tripping child like pieface.

Well why ask to be a mod again?

The posts he made weren't offensive to other members as such, just annoying and he got banned. Like I said he wasn't like Scrappy with posting seriously offensive content everywhere. And how am I a power tripping mod, care to explain?

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Amnesiac
post Aug 25 2009, 09:51 PM
Post #1167

Nobody Special
Group Icon

Member No.: 4,201

QUOTE(Pieface @ Aug 25 2009, 04:36 PM) [snapback]1519604[/snapback]

The posts he made weren't offensive to other members as such, just annoying and he got banned. Like I said he wasn't like Scrappy with posting seriously offensive content everywhere. And how am I a power tripping mod, care to explain?

for a fleeting moment, i thought i could singlehandedly cure the cancer the boards seem to be plagued with, but then remembered that we don't actually have anyone here over 18 posting any content worth reading anymore.
i don't need to give you an explanation. you're just a little trivial cunt with a mod badge. it's not hard to glean that from your posts or modding habits. i'm pretty sure i'm also not the only one who feels this way.
as it stands, all of the good old members are gone or inactive. i guess i see now why they left and didn't come back.
i could post a little "i remember when" diatribe here, but honestly, is it worth spending my time or effort?

... why the fuck do i come to this website anymore?

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Pieface
post Aug 25 2009, 09:56 PM
Post #1168

Jailbird
Group Icon

QUOTE(Amnesiac @ Aug 25 2009, 10:51 PM) [snapback]1519607[/snapback]
QUOTE(Pieface @ Aug 25 2009, 04:36 PM) [snapback]1519604[/snapback]

for a fleeting moment, i thought i could singlehandedly cure the cancer the boards seem to be plagued with, but then remembered that we don't actually have anyone here over 18 posting any content worth reading anymore.
i don't need to give you an explanation. you're just a little trivial cunt with a mod badge. it's not hard to glean that from your posts or modding habits. i'm pretty sure i'm also not the only one who feels this way.
as it stands, all of the good old members are gone or inactive. i guess i see now why they left and didn't come back.
i could post a little "i remember when" diatribe here, but honestly, is it worth spending my time or effort?

... why the fuck do i come to this website anymore?

So you're making claims without any evidence? And really, you haven't been around recently to make an impact on this site.

Oh also if you want to become a Grammar Nazi, then try and use Grammar yourself. Stop throwing your rattle out the pram like a spoilt child. You left becoming a mod because you did nothing and became inactive, I seriously doubt you would change anything that you see wrong anyway.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Skinny 
post Aug 31 2009, 03:31 PM
Post #1169

Group: Members
Member No.: 38,184

Amnesiac: Can I be a mod again?
Mods: No.
Amnesiac: Fuck you guys, I didn't want to be one anyway.

Yeah, just throw in Pieface handling a situation in the worst way imaginable (as usual) and there you have a skinny-summary of the last two pages.

--------------------
=D
Achievements

+Quote Post
ConQueSteD
post Aug 31 2009, 08:39 PM
Post #1170

Bukkake?
Group Icon

Group: Princess
Member No.: 38,555
XBL Gamertag: ConQueSteD TZA
PSN Name: ConQueSteD

QUOTE(Pieface @ Aug 25 2009, 05:56 PM) [snapback]1519610[/snapback]
You left becoming a mod because you did nothing and became inactive

? If he left how did/could he become a mod?

Personally the staff could be better, and Pie throws a temper tantrum when it seems he's not getting his way. and i think its pathetic.

This post has been edited by ConQueSteD: Aug 31 2009, 08:49 PM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Zacko
post Sep 1 2009, 07:59 PM
Post #1171

Vandal
Group Icon

Member No.: 54

Holy shit I forgot I used to be a mod, good times.

But yeh erm to stay on topic, good job staff.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Passionate Homo ...
post Sep 3 2009, 02:21 PM
Post #1172

Scam Artist
Group Icon

Member No.: 15

Of course, the egoes in the current staff mean that a former admin will be ignored as easily as the ramblings of an Israeli 13 year old, but I feel like saying something anyway.

QUOTE(Kuwong @ Aug 13 2009, 10:21 AM) [snapback]1517830[/snapback]
Rating pieface 1/10 as he seems to be taking things way over the top. I make one commet aimed at him like everyone else in the thread and he suspends me for it while everyone else is left to it. He seems very relaxed on the rules.

Although I don't know what to expect of this, as I reckon the few powers that be are all in cahoots and don't care for appealing to the forum users. Just like they removed the post deletion feature.
I was never a fan of Pieface being promoted to be a mod -- it was done at a time where more mods were completely unnecessary, and it looked very much like bringing in another buddy, for a few other staff members I had a barely disguised dislike for.

For that, I can only confirm that the "powers that be are all in cahoots", ever it was and ever it shall be. When I had any say in how the forums were run, there were often shouts of "THIS IS NOT A DEMOCRACY" if I questioned the wider popularity of a move. A fair point, but it was often used to justify decisions greatly to the detriment of the general membership especially re: fido.

This can only have been consolidated since I quit (or was fired, if you like). The reasons for my decline in activity were related to the staff taking a direction I didn't approve of (to see which, you need only look at the current roster).

Though, I do agree with the post deletion thing in principle. It stops people breaking the rules then deleting the proof. On the other hand, exempting Gold members from this seems like extortion to me.

QUOTE(DuffMan @ Aug 19 2009, 10:17 PM) [snapback]1518720[/snapback]
QUOTE(marney1 @ Aug 18 2009, 11:41 PM) [snapback]1518602[/snapback]
QUOTE(Captain.Charisma @ Aug 18 2009, 11:36 PM) [snapback]1518600[/snapback]
I dont know marney. Maybe its because none of thems been on yet? Arats will be gone tommorow.

I know mods are here because I've checked the online users and at least one of them has been posting while Alex has too.

There was a time when a much busier city could be dealt with by police on the beat, rather than a response force with little or no respect for its charges.

QUOTE(Pieface @ Aug 22 2009, 08:31 PM) [snapback]1519161[/snapback]
QUOTE(marney1 @ Aug 22 2009, 07:59 PM) [snapback]1519154[/snapback]
QUOTE(TreeFitty @ Aug 22 2009, 07:45 PM) [snapback]1519150[/snapback]
He'll have wikipedia open in another tab all the time. Just in case we use more terms he doesn't understand. like html or some crazy talk like that.

Sometimes I do yeah, I'm new to the internet so what.
Didn't know WTF ROFL meant until a few months ago and I don't care - we've all got to start somewhere.

Yet you want partial control over a site and it's 55,000 registered members in your palms.
Does he have to code it? Will these 55,000 members all be on at once? Will hoards of demons and zombies hit him right in the MySQL database? Ideas above your station, my dear boy.

Sad to think that a mod team once counting in its number members like Dunpeal, Selpy and Pyrohazard is now led by this...shower.

--------------------

QUOTE(LMOZ)
drive carfuly,because every secend a shrak can teleport itself to your car, and try to drive your car (if you have one) with shark in it.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Qdeathstar
post Sep 4 2009, 03:52 AM
Post #1173

My Penis, Your ass. Lets go.
Group Icon

Member No.: 14

QUOTE(Passionate Homo Sapiens Ingester @ Sep 3 2009, 02:21 PM) [snapback]1520680[/snapback]
it was done at a time where more mods were completely unnecessary, and it looked very much like bringing in another buddy, for a few other staff members I had a barely disguised dislike for.

This is definitely true, but it wasn't the first time it was done...

When I had any say in how the forums were run, there were often shouts of "THIS IS NOT A DEMOCRACY" if I questioned the wider popularity of a move.
Well, i remember you saying this is not a democracy... but besides that moderators generally want to do was is popular because they want to be popular.. and besides that every time moderators did something unpopular it was always eventually over ruled by the members. EG banning Stoic Person Eater, closing rants and raves, closing the asylum, mini-mods, promoting pimp to admin...

The reasons for my decline in activity were related to the staff taking a direction I didn't approve of (to see which, you need only look at the current roster).

I agree with this, but there are only four active staff.. Psy, Duffman, OPX, and Pieface...

Though, I do agree with the post deletion thing in principle. It stops people breaking the rules then deleting the proof.
All posts deleted are moved to the trash can, they aren't actually deleted, so thats not a good reason.. the proof still exists.

On the other hand, exempting Gold members from this seems like extortion to me.

meh, you gotta pay to play. Deleting topics is a privalege, not a right and if Psy wants to charge for that, its his right.

Also, Pieface does not lead the moderating team, he is just the only active moderator besides OPX. Duffman and Psy don't actively moderator and duffman's calls for people to use the report button are a bit shallow. Thats not to say duffman is inactive, because i've seen all the work he has been doing for the upcoming site, people can't be expected to be on 24 hours a day.

Pieface needs to loosen up, thats his biggest problem imo.

The rules don't mean much anymore, because anything can be trolling since staff chooses to let most trolling slide by, selecting a few members to punish.

I don't even think thats the biggest problem with the staff though anyway. The staff now (aside from duffman and OPX) doesn't do anything for the site. I remember the staff used to run POTW and actively look for news ect, now a days the only people posting news are Psy, OPX and Duffman.

--------------------

Seether - Country Song
Download Now

QUOTE (Massacre @ Aug 26 2010, 04:28 PM) *
I've found it's impossible to be more human than human. Inhuman, however, is easy.

Achievements

+Quote Post
Passionate Homo ...
post Sep 4 2009, 04:19 AM
Post #1174

Scam Artist
Group Icon

Pocket-change discourse. My points have been made, I don't feel I need to descend into bickering with someone who essentially agrees with me to defend them; it would only serve to cheapen my conviction.

--------------------

QUOTE(LMOZ)
drive carfuly,because every secend a shrak can teleport itself to your car, and try to drive your car (if you have one) with shark in it.
Achievements

+Quote Post
FuddMan
post Sep 4 2009, 11:00 AM
Post #1175

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,351

The forums are on the backburner at the moment. There are far more important things to be getting on with. If you have some kind of problem with me asking for help to get rid of spam posts, then well, that is your problem. As Q said only a few of us are active and are all doing other things at the same time. It's not like back in the day when we had 10 or 12 active staff with members itching to jump on board, and it isn't my fault if no one wants to step up to the plate to help out.

--------------------
QUOTE (Psy)
Well, I must be honest, I do occasionally have the odd night off where I stick my fingers in as many pussy's as I can
php stands for psy humping pussy

zomg it's DuffMan's clone.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Passionate Homo ...
post Sep 4 2009, 02:55 PM
Post #1176

Scam Artist
Group Icon

QUOTE(DuffMan @ Sep 4 2009, 12:00 PM) [snapback]1520823[/snapback]
The forums are on the backburner at the moment. There are far more important things to be getting on with. If you have some kind of problem with me asking for help to get rid of spam posts, then well, that is your problem. As Q said only a few of us are active and are all doing other things at the same time. It's not like back in the day when we had 10 or 12 active staff with members itching to jump on board, and it isn't my fault if no one wants to step up to the plate to help out.
"It's not my fault", "it's your problem", "bad as it might be, I can't be blamed", "I'm too important for this".

--------------------

QUOTE(LMOZ)
Achievements

+Quote Post
TreeFitty
post Sep 4 2009, 11:01 PM
Post #1177

[ShitKickers] Posse
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 35,531
PSN Name: therealtreefitty

QUOTE(davshlo @ Sep 4 2009, 06:55 PM) [snapback]1521012[/snapback]
I just found out that the staff have great humor (well, they British), and I even have a new friend, TheAnalogMan (TheAnalogWoman). I realy thank them for not banning me now, we'l see how long it will hold...

You guys not doing anything about him anymore or what? Zen, Pyrocy, Piefail, and Sheep have all been on and he's still going with this account.

--------------------
gta 5

People say I'm crazy for running into burning buildings. I say I'm crazy because I do it for free.
Achievements

+Quote Post
TreeFitty
post Sep 4 2009, 11:04 PM
Post #1178

[ShitKickers] Posse
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 35,531
PSN Name: therealtreefitty

QUOTE(davshlo @ Sep 4 2009, 07:03 PM) [snapback]1521016[/snapback]
Why do you care, TreeFitty?

i'm not gonna bother reportin it anymore if they don't care.

--------------------
gta 5

People say I'm crazy for running into burning buildings. I say I'm crazy because I do it for free.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Qdeathstar
post Sep 4 2009, 11:59 PM
Post #1179

My Penis, Your ass. Lets go.
Group Icon

Member No.: 14

I contacted psy about it.. treefitty, taken care of.

This post has been edited by LMOZ91: Sep 5 2009, 12:03 AM

--------------------

Seether - Country Song
Download Now

QUOTE (Massacre @ Aug 26 2010, 04:28 PM) *
I've found it's impossible to be more human than human. Inhuman, however, is easy.

Achievements

+Quote Post
agoldberg874
post Sep 5 2009, 07:56 AM
Post #1180

Upstanding Citizen

Group: New Members
Member No.: 56,453

QUOTE(LMOZ91 @ Sep 4 2009, 11:59 PM) [snapback]1521041[/snapback]
I contacted psy about it.. treefitty, taken care of.

Why are you so evil to me? It's because I'm Jewish, right? And change your name from LMOZ91 to something else. Maby Alex36.
Achievements

+Quote Post

60 Pages V  « < 57 58 59 60 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th December 2014 - 05:57 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4