Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> SA Online? Its seriously possible!, Mods read before locking
Theo
post Dec 10 2004, 10:07 PM
Post #1

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 636

I won't turn any corners on this one, wat i am saying is as strait as a runway.

Its is possible - and i mean seriously possible, that SA will be online. And no bullshit.

If you read this topic you will find a picture of the SA code lines (in one of their simplest forms) that i cannot create due to software differences (i don't use notepad or word pad, i use some software i created using BASIC. Needless to say, it has some bugs).

Now, i admit, in fact a make it a point, that despite my knowledge of coding i have no relation to the Games industry watsoever, i have heard from a very reliable source (and i mean reliable) that R* is concidering, only concidering mind you, to release a disc that will activate the online parts of SA.

Not only this, but if they proceed, they are planning to release this disc without warning. This means that they can get their servers up and running without much fear of heavy public reprisal and a rush to release deadline (cause if the public don't know, there is know rush).

This should be easy for R* anyways, as they have been able to run midnight club 2 online for years, even before the official PS2 online network hit the datalines.

I don't expect you to believe anything i have said, and i do expect you to insult me to no end about this. But, then again, wen R* do release it, i think i know who will have the last laugh.

--------------------
IPB Image
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 16)
King Mob
post Dec 10 2004, 10:13 PM
Post #2

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 4,192

Hmmmm. I'd like to believe you, it depends on how reliable your source is.

I have no knowledge of code, so I can't verify this for myself. I know R* rushed the game, but would they not make it online first even if it took longer?

How would an extra disc work? Is there really enough room on the original SA disc to fit this on? Does the extra code exist?

--------------------
user posted image
The Invisible College - Nice and Smooth ...
UK Player - Foot-Soldier - 80.75% Complete

Completed all story missions - going for 100% ...
Achievements

+Quote Post
reform
post Dec 10 2004, 10:14 PM
Post #3

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 1,934

unlike alot of people here you dont bs. obviously i wont decide for sure either way unti (indeed if) it comes out. a re-release to fix the bugs would be nice too...

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Theo
post Dec 10 2004, 10:19 PM
Post #4

Upstanding Citizen

the add on disc will work like an exploder disc. you enter the disc into the machine, and it activates certain things. You then enter the actual game into the machine and you've got the desired effect.

Its a bit like the add-on pack for MGS back in the days of PS1. The speacila missions pack was basically extra add-ons for the actual gaem which they didn't have time to add. You needed the game to use it. Its a simple concept that has been around for years, just only used for cheat discs and very rarely for games.

I am of course working on PS2 games here, the process of adding an add-on to a pc game is different, as you know.

--------------------
IPB Image
Achievements

+Quote Post
Eric Cartman
post Dec 10 2004, 10:21 PM
Post #5

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 2,929

SA online would rule so much, I hope they do this

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks to selpy for the av and sig!
user posted image user posted image
Cartman's ScreenShots
1000th Post Jan 17 2005 09:11 AM
Achievements

+Quote Post
Theo
post Dec 10 2004, 10:23 PM
Post #6

Upstanding Citizen

so do I, and the disc they use for this will be almost empty in practise, so they might put some more stuff in, like glitch fixes. new vehicles. a spwn point for the skateboard.

--------------------
IPB Image
Achievements

+Quote Post
reform
post Dec 10 2004, 10:24 PM
Post #7

Upstanding Citizen

QUOTE (Gravedigger @ Dec 10 2004, 11:19 PM)
the add on disc will work like an exploder disc. you enter the disc into the machine, and it activates certain things. You then enter the actual game into the machine and you've got the desired effect.

Its a bit like the add-on pack for MGS back in the days of PS1. The speacila missions pack was basically extra add-ons for the actual gaem which they didn't have time to add. You needed the game to use it. Its a simple concept that has been around for years, just only used for cheat discs and very rarely for games.

I am of course working on PS2 games here, the process of adding an add-on to a pc game is different, as you know.

if it is true, you could maybe trigger it using a cheat disk code!

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Theo
post Dec 10 2004, 10:28 PM
Post #8

Upstanding Citizen

you could, but if your talking bout the online mode there will be know point, cause there is no server up yet (from wat i know). network games have a sorta keycode to avoid them appearing on the wrong servers. No servers that accept that code, no point of an online game.

--------------------
IPB Image
Achievements

+Quote Post
reform
post Dec 10 2004, 10:33 PM
Post #9

Upstanding Citizen

arg. maybe you could fix up a rickety home server, between two ps2's? i know someone who made one for his 2 x-boxes, so he can play some online game between them. but he's doing something computery at uni, and i'm doing carpentory, so i'm not so quallified.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Theo
post Dec 10 2004, 10:41 PM
Post #10

Upstanding Citizen

lol! yea its possible to do a home net with PS2's, basically creating a small LAN. But it all depends on the codes already in the game, without the extra disc. If it turns out the only codes on the disc are for the location of a server, with none of the actual codes that say wat you do while online, it will be a waste of time, effort and possibly money.

--------------------
IPB Image
Achievements

+Quote Post
???????????????
post Dec 10 2004, 10:56 PM
Post #11

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 4,751

and i do expect you to insult me to no end about this

HAH
roll2.gif

yeah there are a lot of dicks on this site

*not me*
lamo.gif
Achievements

+Quote Post
NTC187
post Dec 10 2004, 11:49 PM
Post #12

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 28

Sounds like a good chance of happening, but I aint believing shit until it happens.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Neon™
post Dec 10 2004, 11:52 PM
Post #13

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 88

Well more power to whoever in RockStar that thinks this is a good idea! Gather your bills and pay them to R* to develop this GAME! No more Epsilon Project, this is Online Project BIATCH!!

dry.gif

I doubt it. Plus I don't want it because you'd literally need T1/CABLE or faster...

--------------------

Milan is better.

Five-second sig, but hey, my car's badass :P

GTA 3 100% // GTA Vice City 100% // GTA San Andreas 100% // GTA Liberty City Stories 100%
Times died: 0. Times busted: 0. Times cheated: 0. On each game on the first run through.
Achievements

+Quote Post
gutwrenchfacebus...
post Dec 11 2004, 12:03 AM
Post #14

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 6,386

i've not tried it, cos i've only got 56k, but there is a beta of an online patch for the pc version of gta3, there may well be one for vice city too. i was told it actually works quite well, and it's probably been improved lots since too. buggered if i know where to find it, but a quick google search should find it easily, as it was one of the most popular gta3 mods. i love my modded gta3, i just wish i had a faster pc to enjoy it properly. i've got some cool as fuck cars, like a shelby mustang which i've fiddled with, so it has insane accelaration and a higher top speed than you could ever hope to actually hit, and it weighs a hundred tons, so it'll smash anything except a tank, cos it still explodes automatically.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Austin
post Dec 11 2004, 12:08 AM
Post #15

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 141

QUOTE (neonspinnaz24 @ Dec 10 2004, 11:52 PM)
I doubt it. Plus I don't want it because you'd literally need T1/CABLE or faster...

Nah you wouldnt.. I played the mmorpg Star Wars Galaxies for PC once which has a MASSIVE world and I mean 100 times bigger than SA at least and it doesnt lag at all with a 512k broadband connection except in areas where theres a shit load of players like 40+ in one small area.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Miami13
post Dec 11 2004, 12:17 AM
Post #16

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 911

That would be awesome if R* did that, I will believe it when I see it and I don't want to get any of my hopes up for this, because it is probably false.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
CrackHeadSmurf
post Dec 11 2004, 01:38 AM
Post #17

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 264

even if this did come out there's no way i could have it.....
with my shitty internal 56 k biggrin.gif

i should buy cable....

but besides that i think rockstar should release a disc with a number of options on it.
here's a small list.

Fix some of the big glitches , gym , basketball and some other minor things.
Activate Online.
Put some of the original features in (if they're still in the coding) such as carwash , Skateboard & the hidden tattoo parlour.

thats all.

--------------------
user posted image
King Kong Aint Got Shit On Me

If I wanted to be scary, I'd dress up as a ghost and sodomize the nearest poster with a razor sharp strap-on.
- PyroHazaЯd
Achievements

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2014 - 06:21 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4