Closed TopicStart new topic
> Evading the Disappearing Cars Glitch, A step-by-step triple bypass of the DCG
Neon™
post Nov 19 2004, 01:02 AM
Post #1

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 88

If you know me well, you know that I love custom things, especially cars. Especially in San Andreas. But sadly my problem with DISAPPEARING CARS still remains. Knowing that many others are experiencing the same thing, I decided to "crack the code" and I think I have. Please make sure you haven't drank, smoked, or screwed in the last hour before you continue reading this, so as to permit your understanding and comprehension of what you are about to read.

The ratio of garage space and noncustom cars (meaning a car with nothing custom on it, like a stock Hearse) to custom items (parts, wheels, paint, anything that is unique on any car) in any given garage must be low to medium or else you run the risk of things not loading. For instance, when the ratio is 3:0 (the 3 being cars custom and the 0 being remaining space/noncustomized cars), such as in my XOOMER'S garage, there is about a 5 to 1 chance that you will lose a car on loading, 5 being the chance that you will in fact lose one, 1 being the one time in 5 that you probably will lose a car. There ARE, however, eternally damned garages like the one in Fort Carson where, depending on the ratio and even depending simply on where the car is parked in the garage, it might disappear reguardless.

Also, the overall ratio of the entire game plays a part as well. Let's say you cram the San Fierro garage that is in the Hippie District with 6 VEHICLES (golf carts, gokarts, mopeds, bikes ... anything that isn't a car counts too), which is easily done considering its massive size. If many are customized, especially with tons of parts, you may find that the XOOMER'S up the street is missing a car. Or maybe it's your mansion in Vinewood Hills. Or even your ranch house in Whitewood Estates or your 2 story house in Prickle Pine. Chances are, one of these places' garages is going to be missing an inhabitant. I selected those because they have the biggest garages and the most things to load around them, but in the big picture, anything is vulnerable.

Possibly the most harmful thing about this is that it is a saved glitch, meaning it happens as soon as you leave the range of the garage or go inside somewhere and then, sometime after storing the car, save. My reccomendation to you all is to keep only up to 2 cars in a 3 car garage (that is if you want to keep them) and not stuffing more cars into a garage just because the door still opens for you. Also, don't put 2 or 3 HEAVILY CUSTOMIZED CARS, such as a Remington that you spent over 20 grand on and got all the parts that you humanly could, AND an Elegy with all the mods, and the biggest of them, in the same garage, because you now run the risk not of losing the car, but losing paint jobs and nitrous.

Also, don't go shooting the shit out of the garage door to try and make it open faster, or running away and back to try and do the same; just stand still as close to the door as possible to minimize the number of times the game cancels the act of loading the modifications because it thinks you are walking away. In my personal experience I have had more luck with putting the really prized cars alone in massive garages, while the other ones are crammed 2 to a cell, if you will, and require being walked across and pushed out due to the tight area. This is perfectly fine, that is, if the cars aren't custom. Even if they are, you can't get them out without a scratch, so even if the glitch doesn't affect this kind of packing, there would be no point to do it in the first place.

This should basically give you what you need to do a permenant bypass on this glitch.

--------------------

Milan is better.

Five-second sig, but hey, my car's badass :P

GTA 3 100% // GTA Vice City 100% // GTA San Andreas 100% // GTA Liberty City Stories 100%
Times died: 0. Times busted: 0. Times cheated: 0. On each game on the first run through.
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
OG_NIGGA
post Nov 19 2004, 01:48 AM
Post #2

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 3,528

very well put, very nice, good to see some people still have brians tongue.gif

--------------------
This is where I live:
user posted image

I've been playin for a bit and so far I'm in San Fierro.

36% completion baby

If I had a qurater for every minute I've played GTA:SA, I'd have 154737929759174850929478583 quarters.
Achievements

+Quote Post
ShaLouZa
post Nov 19 2004, 12:42 PM
Post #3

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 4,791

I'm not a native english spoker so I'm too lazy to read all that you wrote (looks cool anyway). I just wanna say that I never had this glitch anymore since I don't put more than 2 custom cars in a garage. Even the paint job doesn't glitch.

--------------------
Completion: user posted image

You learn pretty fast, with the police on your ass.
Achievements

+Quote Post
NUCLEAR_REACTOR
post Nov 19 2004, 01:39 PM
Post #4

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 5,162

QUOTE (ShaLouZa @ Nov 19 2004, 01:42 PM)
I'm not a native english spoker so I'm too lazy to read all that you wrote (looks cool anyway). I just wanna say that I never had this glitch anymore since I don't put more than 2 custom cars in a garage. Even the paint job doesn't glitch.

Well said - my thought is if you have something to say don't try and be clever by spouting some crap that you think looks intelligent just say what u got to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Papa Lazarou
post Nov 19 2004, 02:41 PM
Post #5

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 4,812

it's an interesting observation; perhaps there is only a limited amount of space which the memory card save block utilises for storing modified car data. If this is the case then you would expect the PC version to be free of this glitch.

--------------------
Wanna buy some pegs Dave?
user posted image
Achievements

+Quote Post
Neon™
post Nov 19 2004, 11:59 PM
Post #6

Upstanding Citizen

Well the PC version is gonna have downloadable mods galore, and all of which will very likely be shrunk (in MB size) to fit the game. This sounds promising, so does my new ATI...

--------------------

Milan is better.

GTA 3 100% // GTA Vice City 100% // GTA San Andreas 100% // GTA Liberty City Stories 100%
Times died: 0. Times busted: 0. Times cheated: 0. On each game on the first run through.
Achievements

+Quote Post
tupac_shakur
post Nov 20 2004, 03:11 AM
Post #7

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 433

min was more of a car fly in2 air glitch....... i was in a tunnel and it just went up through the roof and i went above and it was half stuck ( blown up) in2 the concrete..

--------------------
Read the forum rules and resize you signature.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Kjay
post Nov 20 2004, 03:45 AM
Post #8

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 2,653

nice.

--------------------
user posted image
Achievements

+Quote Post
Requiem
post Nov 20 2004, 08:31 PM
Post #9

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 2,392

Finally had it broken down to me.. thanks... this should help alot.

--------------------
GTA FANatic
Achievements

+Quote Post
blaah blaah
post Nov 20 2004, 10:19 PM
Post #10

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 5,202

well done for working out those stats mate, but thinking about what you've said and what's happened to me, i think that maybe the beat up glendales count as modded cars, coz ive lost ohhhhh so many cars that are sharing a garage with them

--------------------
oopsy, my sig is too big so ill have to resize it
Achievements

+Quote Post
blahblah
post Nov 20 2004, 10:36 PM
Post #11

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 96

i shoulda took your first advise before i read that lamo.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Times seen Big Foot-O-Metre - [█][█][█][█][█][█][█][█][█][█] - Maxed out
Achievements

+Quote Post
Ike90
post Nov 23 2004, 11:24 PM
Post #12

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 5,369

very well put, very nice, good to see some people still have brians

Lord, I hope that was supposed to be a joke.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Miami13
post Nov 24 2004, 12:06 AM
Post #13

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 911

Nice Post, I haven't saved a modded car yet but I am gonna, so thanks, I will do all that because I don't want to blow money on a car if it's just gonna disappear.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Neon™
post Dec 13 2004, 03:24 AM
Post #14

Upstanding Citizen

Wanna make sure everyone sees this as it is becoming an increasingly popular topic anymore.

--------------------

Milan is better.

Achievements

+Quote Post
shiznit_92
post Dec 13 2004, 04:55 PM
Post #15

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 2,260

Man, use cunfuse me

--------------------
user posted image

The GTA place is gay
Achievements

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2014 - 08:49 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4