DuPz0r
post Jan 7 2011, 07:50 PM
Post #1

Still Standing
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 439
PSN Name: BushkaUK

Here's a nice little comparison of the PSP-GO (Right) and the yet to be released PSP-Xperia (Left).

Inside the PSP Go-esque device (see a side-by-side above!) is a Qualcomm Adreno 205 GPU, a "likely" 1GHz Snapdragon QSD8255 CPU, a 1,500 mAh battery, a 854x480 resolution 4" display, a 5 megapixel camera, 512MB RAM, 512MB ROM, a microSD slot, SIM slot, micro-USB connectivity, and more. The phone is packing a "PlayStation Pocket" app, though it's not clear what games it will support. Is the PlayStation Phone a PSone phone, leveraging the software emulator written for PSP and PS3, or will it run PSP1 games? While Sony continues to do the world's worst job of keeping a lid on things, we'll keep guessing at the ultimate feature set of the PlayStation Phone. Bounce on over to Engadget for vids and specs on Sony's big secret.

Source:
Joystiq

My question is this: What do you think of the idea? combining phone and portable gaming console?

I personally think it's great. I love playing games, and especially on the move. The PSP is my favourite portable console. I still have my original PSP-Phat(1000) which i still play even now. The fact i already had a PSP put me off the idea of getting a PSP-Go. But now they've combined the phone and the PSP, i think this is something perfect for me. Also i haven't bought a new phone in about 4 years, and i don't own an android smartphone or an iphone.

To my understanding though, this psp phone specs will be much more powerful than the original psp... Can someone confirm this? Because i'm thinking they might emulate ps2 games on it...
What do you reckon, GTA-SA on the move?

This post has been edited by DuPz0r: Feb 8 2011, 07:23 PM

--------------------
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TreeFitty
post Jan 7 2011, 07:59 PM
Post #2

[ShitKickers] Posse
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 35,531
PSN Name: therealtreefitty

Phones do everything else so why not? A new idea and Sony won't lose much if it fails.

--------------------
gta 5

People say I'm crazy for running into burning buildings. I say I'm crazy because I do it for free.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Edgecrusher
post Jan 7 2011, 11:21 PM
Post #3

Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo
Group Icon

Member No.: 480
PSN Name: JonnyCanonFodder

Is this actually confirmed now? There's been speculation and fake screenshots all over the internet for a couple of years now. Can't say as I'll be getting one; I just uncharacteristically forked out 320 for a Nokia N8 and I already have a PSP Slim.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Jan 8 2011, 03:16 AM
Post #4

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

From: Leichenstadt, State of Massacre, in the Warlord Empire
Member No.: 2,470
XBL Gamertag: WarlordMassacre
PSN Name: Warlord_Massacre

Nice to know that they can put a second analog stick (or at least the function of an analog stick) on a phone but not an actual portable gaming system.

--------------------
QUOTE (Darth Sexy @ Sep 12 2009, 03:43 AM) *
Massacre, you make me look like a rational, moral, kind person.
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Oct 26 2009, 01:22 PM) *
Massacre - What you've just posted is sick and disturbing...
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 17 2010, 04:22 PM) *
When Massacre is around, everything is violated... Whether it likes it or not.
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Mar 6 2011, 09:40 AM) *
Whenever I think of "human resources" Massacre immediately springs to mind.

Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Jan 9 2011, 11:39 AM
Post #5

Still Standing
Group Icon

QUOTE (Edgecrusher @ Jan 7 2011, 11:21 PM) *
Is this actually confirmed now? There's been speculation and fake screenshots all over the internet for a couple of years now. Can't say as I'll be getting one; I just uncharacteristically forked out 320 for a Nokia N8 and I already have a PSP Slim.

Nah, Sony haven't confirmed it still, but with the amount of leaked model photographs doing the rounds, I'm sure it wont be long now.

And yeah Mas, i don't see why they change it now. But i guess that will make it open for PS2 emulation...

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Pieface
post Jan 10 2011, 01:51 AM
Post #6

Jailbird
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 23,545

Probably still trying to make up for the flop that was the PSP-GO with this really.

--------------------
YES I don't play Xbox 360 anymore.

Add me on steam BITCHES. Pieface876
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Jan 12 2011, 10:50 PM
Post #7

Still Standing
Group Icon

This can't be a fake.
A PSP-Phone being dismantled:

I guess they did this to confirm what was under the bonnet.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Feb 7 2011, 10:18 PM
Post #8

Still Standing
Group Icon

Officially announced at last.

Commercial:

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
TreeFitty
post Feb 7 2011, 10:59 PM
Post #9

[ShitKickers] Posse
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 35,531
PSN Name: therealtreefitty

Now all the people bitching about the PSP2/NGP not having a phone can play with this instead. tongue.gif

--------------------
gta 5

People say I'm crazy for running into burning buildings. I say I'm crazy because I do it for free.
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Feb 8 2011, 03:28 PM
Post #10

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

the bigger question, what shitty network will you be forced to use?? AT&T sucks around my part of the country... but, if i were to ever enter the age of smartphones, i would go with a portable gaming system as my choice... and this would be the one for me to get... but, i still can't justify paying for a data plan when i get the internet at home and all day at work... i really don't need it on the go...

but, if i do ever decide to enter the 21st century, i'll get this phone...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Feb 8 2011, 03:30 PM

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Feb 8 2011, 06:58 PM
Post #11

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

From: Leichenstadt, State of Massacre, in the Warlord Empire
Member No.: 2,470
XBL Gamertag: WarlordMassacre
PSN Name: Warlord_Massacre

I'm content with my Blackberry, so this is a pass, but I do plan on picking up the PSP2 (or whatever they're calling it) if/when: a ) It drops to a reasonable price, b ) Uncharted looks especially good on PSP, or (most likely) c ) Another portable GTA happens.

Oh, look at that, a B and a right parenthesis makes an emoticon. Fuck. Reformatted.

This post has been edited by Massacre: Feb 8 2011, 07:19 PM

--------------------
QUOTE (Darth Sexy @ Sep 12 2009, 03:43 AM) *
Massacre, you make me look like a rational, moral, kind person.
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Oct 26 2009, 01:22 PM) *
Massacre - What you've just posted is sick and disturbing...
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 17 2010, 04:22 PM) *
When Massacre is around, everything is violated... Whether it likes it or not.
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Mar 6 2011, 09:40 AM) *
Whenever I think of "human resources" Massacre immediately springs to mind.

Achievements

+Quote Post
Qdeathstar
post Feb 9 2011, 12:39 AM
Post #12

My Penis, Your ass. Lets go.
Group Icon

Member No.: 14

I kinda doubt it will be carrier exclusive. There's not enough draw for enough people to make enough people switch carriers.

--------------------

Seether - Country Song
Download Now

QUOTE (Massacre @ Aug 26 2010, 04:28 PM) *
I've found it's impossible to be more human than human. Inhuman, however, is easy.

Achievements

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd December 2014 - 12:52 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4