Heartless
post Nov 25 2009, 09:41 PM
Post #1

The universe goes on forever and we are alone
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 2,164

Firefighters obtain promotion

A few years back, a promotion board was tossed because not enough protected minorities passed - as a point of fact, it was just 1 latino. The other 19 were all white. The ACLU is moving to sue and have the promotions blocked - because if the blacks aren't allowed in, they'll be forced in.

--------------------

QUOTE (Qdeathstar @ Mar 13 2009, 01:45 AM) *
The reason is that when heartless says something stupid, he really means it and believes it.

“They refer to me as an uneducated barbarian. Yes, we are barbarians. We want to be barbarians, it is an honored title to us. We shall rejuvenate the world. This world is near its end.”

Die Zeiten haben sich geändert.
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Nov 25 2009, 10:19 PM
Post #2

Godfather
Group Icon

Member No.: 48,547

Same thing here not long ago, I call it racism.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Heartless
post Nov 25 2009, 10:47 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

The Military and most Police Departments have lower standards for women too. As if saying that the ability to pull a man or woman from a burning motor wreck is less necessary if you happen to lack a penis.

--------------------

The reason is that when heartless says something stupid, he really means it and believes it.

“They refer to me as an uneducated barbarian. Yes, we are barbarians. We want to be barbarians, it is an honored title to us. We shall rejuvenate the world. This world is near its end.”

Achievements

+Quote Post
TreeFitty
post Nov 26 2009, 06:25 AM
Post #4

[ShitKickers] Posse
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 35,531
PSN Name: therealtreefitty

FDNY has been through this shit for years. Something about the entrance tests being racist because the minorities didn't score well. fap.gif Everytime a class goes through the academy it's in the news articles how the class had "the highest number of minorities yet".

--------------------
gta 5

People say I'm crazy for running into burning buildings. I say I'm crazy because I do it for free.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Nov 26 2009, 08:40 AM
Post #5

Godfather
Group Icon

Member No.: 48,547

I'd like to see an Indian wearing a traditional turban with a fire depatment badge on it.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Qdeathstar
post Nov 28 2009, 12:17 AM
Post #6

My Penis, Your ass. Lets go.
Group Icon

Member No.: 14

they should have gotten compensation for the paycut they took for 6 years... .

--------------------

Seether - Country Song
Download Now

QUOTE (Massacre @ Aug 26 2010, 04:28 PM) *
I've found it's impossible to be more human than human. Inhuman, however, is easy.

Achievements

+Quote Post
Hardcore Ottoman
post Dec 4 2009, 09:10 PM
Post #7

Goon
Group Icon

Member No.: 41
PSN Name: punxtr

QUOTE (Heartless @ Nov 25 2009, 04:41 PM) *

A few years back, a promotion board was tossed because not enough protected minorities passed - as a point of fact, it was just 1 latino. The other 19 were all white. The ACLU is moving to sue and have the promotions blocked - because if the blacks aren't allowed in, they'll be forced in.

No, the decision to throw out the results out was hasty, yes, but there were some worries as to how it came to be this way. Title VII of federal civil rights law tries to prevent such actions as promotion tests created in unfairness to a targeted group. This is similar to how there used to be literacy tests before you could vote, etcetera. The reason for the investigation and trial was to be certain without a doubt that the test was or was not fair; after all, the examination was contracted out to a private firm. Not that every test has to be thrown out when several minorities don't pass it... Seems like a better system than in years past. Considering the outcome, I hate to hear those that write this off as some sort of racially motivated action. Shit used to happen unchallenged in the past, it's better now that they challenge it if suspicions are warranted.

This I reasoned from that exact link you posted.

This post has been edited by punxtr: Dec 4 2009, 09:13 PM

--------------------
"BAKING A LASAGNA IN YOUR PUNANI MIKE PARADINAS IN YOUR PUNANI INTELLVISION BASKETBALL IN YOUR PUNANI HE-MAN AND SKELETOR IN YOUR PUNANI UNDERGOING PLASTIC SURGERY IN YOUR PUNANI WEARING LEATHER JACKETS IN YOUR PUNANI DRIVING MY CAR IN YOUR PUNANI WELFARE WEDNESDAY IN YOUR PUNANI I WANT TO PUT ORANGE JUICE IN YOUR PUNANI EGG SALAD SANDWICHES IN YOUR PUNANI HOT-DOGS AND FRENCH FRIES IN YOUR PUNANI CHEF BOYARDEE IN YOUR PUNANI"
Achievements

+Quote Post
0bs3n3
post Dec 4 2009, 10:37 PM
Post #8

Leece

Group: Members
Member No.: 24,792

Err, whatever happened to merit. I want the most qualified person there and I don't care whether they are all black or all white. Just get the right damn people.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Hardcore Ottoman
post Dec 5 2009, 01:45 AM
Post #9

Goon
Group Icon

Member No.: 41
PSN Name: punxtr

QUOTE (0bs3n3 @ Dec 4 2009, 05:37 PM) *
Err, whatever happened to merit. I want the most qualified person there and I don't care whether they are all black or all white. Just get the right damn people.

Strange thing is, 19 of them are white and the promotion test was contracted out to a private firm. That's suspicion enough to question if the test was geared toward certain people. Obviously, this isn't reason to be paranoid, but a quick investigation (which this was not) should have determined whether or not the test was indeed biased. Obviously, from the outcome (which I stressed in my first post), there can be no verifiable bias and so the test scores should stand.

And was I really think of when the system has historically favored white men and still does to a pervasive extent, and I read "just get the right damn people"--isn't this implying those of light skin are the right people? And blacks are not? This, of course, has nothing specifically to do with this firemen case blah but rather the pervasive notion that somehow everyone gets to where they are just by merit alone. The system assfucks minorities/people of color; how can they be on the same lever playing field to rise on the ladder to earn their place when white men can do so comparatively easier without actually recognizing their own benefit in the system? Most don't recognize their own white affirmative action which has prevailed for centuries and possibly millenia.

I'll try and bolster this once I have some free time. For the time being, this week is all about finals. Grr.

--------------------
"BAKING A LASAGNA IN YOUR PUNANI MIKE PARADINAS IN YOUR PUNANI INTELLVISION BASKETBALL IN YOUR PUNANI HE-MAN AND SKELETOR IN YOUR PUNANI UNDERGOING PLASTIC SURGERY IN YOUR PUNANI WEARING LEATHER JACKETS IN YOUR PUNANI DRIVING MY CAR IN YOUR PUNANI WELFARE WEDNESDAY IN YOUR PUNANI I WANT TO PUT ORANGE JUICE IN YOUR PUNANI EGG SALAD SANDWICHES IN YOUR PUNANI HOT-DOGS AND FRENCH FRIES IN YOUR PUNANI CHEF BOYARDEE IN YOUR PUNANI"
Achievements

+Quote Post
TreeFitty
post Dec 5 2009, 02:01 AM
Post #10

[ShitKickers] Posse
Group Icon

Majority white test takers + Some not-as-educated minorities = Racist test

That's the way I see it with all these tests score issues (unless the scores were tampered with. that's different).
This isn't to say there are no politics in these departments throughout the hiring process. Even out of state people are looked down upon not to mention minorities and females. This crap is everywhere. The fire service is full of traditions and many plan to keep those traditions.

--------------------
gta 5

People say I'm crazy for running into burning buildings. I say I'm crazy because I do it for free.
Achievements

+Quote Post
LoonaTyk1
post Dec 5 2009, 03:37 AM
Post #11

Do Boy

Member No.: 52,364

QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Dec 4 2009, 08:01 PM) *

That's the way I see it with all these tests score issues (unless the scores were tampered with. that's different).
This isn't to say there are no politics in these departments throughout the hiring process. Even out of state people are looked down upon not to mention minorities and females. This crap is everywhere. The fire service is full of traditions and many plan to keep those traditions.

and they should keep their traditions. the whole race issue bugs the hell out of me. most of the racist crap i see now days is started by non whites. everytime a white gets something better or attacks another race its racism but the other way around isnt ?? bullshit. racism in america now days is mostley fanned by the likes of jesse jackson & al sharpton . when they disappear america will be a better place (somewhat). maybe the ones who had low scores on their exams are just fucking stupid. how can a test be made easier for a white man to score on than someone else ?? thats saying hes smarter and thats not true so the ones who score low are just "dumb". I hate racism but i get it from other races all the time because i'm white.

--------------------
LoonaTyk1
Achievements

+Quote Post
0bs3n3
post Dec 5 2009, 05:23 AM
Post #12

Leece

QUOTE (punxtr @ Dec 5 2009, 12:45 PM) *

And was I really think of when the system has historically favored white men and still does to a pervasive extent, and I read "just get the right damn people"--isn't this implying those of light skin are the right people? And blacks are not? This, of course, has nothing specifically to do with this firemen case blah but rather the pervasive notion that somehow everyone gets to where they are just by merit alone. The system assfucks minorities/people of color; how can they be on the same lever playing field to rise on the ladder to earn their place when white men can do so comparatively easier without actually recognizing their own benefit in the system? Most don't recognize their own white affirmative action which has prevailed for centuries and possibly millenia.

I meant that the most qualified person should get the job.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Heartless
post Dec 5 2009, 06:20 AM
Post #13

Group Icon

QUOTE (punxtr @ Dec 4 2009, 04:10 PM) *
QUOTE (Heartless @ Nov 25 2009, 04:41 PM) *

No, the decision to throw out the results out was hasty, yes, but there were some worries as to how it came to be this way. Title VII of federal civil rights law tries to prevent such actions as promotion tests created in unfairness to a targeted group. This is similar to how there used to be literacy tests before you could vote, etcetera. The reason for the investigation and trial was to be certain without a doubt that the test was or was not fair; after all, the examination was contracted out to a private firm. Not that every test has to be thrown out when several minorities don't pass it... Seems like a better system than in years past. Considering the outcome, I hate to hear those that write this off as some sort of racially motivated action. Shit used to happen unchallenged in the past, it's better now that they challenge it if suspicions are warranted.

This I reasoned from that exact link you posted.

That's fine, but none of that's in the article. But this is:

"The city said that under a federal civil rights law known as Title VII, employers must ban actions such as promotion tests that would have a "disparate impact" on a protected class, such as a specified race or gender. The group of firefighters, claiming they were wronged by the city's action, then sued, calling themselves the "New Haven 20.""

What I understand is that under Title VII, if a protected class (whatever the hell that is) doesn't get enough brownie points, nobody does. You seem to be twisting this around to fit your own agenda.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Qdeathstar
post Dec 8 2009, 12:28 AM
Post #14

My Penis, Your ass. Lets go.
Group Icon

Member No.: 14

QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Dec 5 2009, 03:01 AM) *

LOL.

If the majority of the test takes are WHITE then the majority of the people who pass the test and get the raise should be white.

WHITES ARE THE MAJORITY IN AMERICA.... THEY SHOULD GET THE MAJORITY OF THE PAY RAISES porportionately...

Also, if you don't know shit you don't deserve a pay raise. Thats just the wait it is.

OOH LETS FEEL SORRY FOR THE STUPID AFRICAN AMERICANS. Also, LETS MAKE SURE THAT FROM THE 80 WHITE PEOPLE AND 20 BLACK PEOPLE WE PICK 10 WHITES AND 10 BLACKS 2 MAKE THIS FIAR!

Should be 16 whites and 4 blacks if you split it up soley on race.. but really, whats wrong with seeing if someone is smart enough to get the raise.

Tired of all the AFF action bullshit. If your stupid your stupid and if thats genetic (which your implying that it is) then thats too bad. I don't believe in the opportunity BS.. if you go to school and get A's the NAACP or some organization is going to sponsor you. OFC if you act like a punk and gangbang around then once you turn 20 decide to get your life on track... well good for you but don't tell me about your "lack of opportunities"

QUOTE (0bs3n3 @ Dec 5 2009, 06:23 AM) *

Punxtr is acting like a oversensitive *****.

No shit what the "Just get the right damn people" means. It has nothing to do with race and you never implied it. Anyone who was able to turn that into "Looking for white people" is just an Al Sharpton/Jesse Jackson wanna be.

The system assfucks minorities/people of color

How, specifically. By giving blacks bonus points? Or is that by using a quota system to hire more blacks than whites proportionately? Or maybe its the fact that the government apologized for slavery and made arrangements for reparations? Or perhaps its the NAACP and all the support it gives to white people and not to blacks?

Most don't recognize their own white affirmative action which has prevailed for centuries and possibly millenia.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. I wasn't alive a "Century" or a "millinia" ago so "my own" didn't exist then. SO STFU!

--------------------

Seether - Country Song
Download Now

QUOTE (Massacre @ Aug 26 2010, 04:28 PM) *
I've found it's impossible to be more human than human. Inhuman, however, is easy.

Achievements

+Quote Post
Skinny 
post Dec 9 2009, 05:30 AM
Post #15

Member No.: 38,184

I approve ^

--------------------
=D
Achievements

+Quote Post
Heartless
post Dec 9 2009, 08:00 AM
Post #16

Group Icon

QUOTE (Qdeathstar @ Dec 7 2009, 07:28 PM) *
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Dec 5 2009, 03:01 AM) *

LOL.

If the majority of the test takes are WHITE then the majority of the people who pass the test and get the raise should be white.

WHITES ARE THE MAJORITY IN AMERICA.... THEY SHOULD GET THE MAJORITY OF THE PAY RAISES porportionately...

Also, if you don't know shit you don't deserve a pay raise. Thats just the wait it is.

OOH LETS FEEL SORRY FOR THE STUPID AFRICAN AMERICANS. Also, LETS MAKE SURE THAT FROM THE 80 WHITE PEOPLE AND 20 BLACK PEOPLE WE PICK 10 WHITES AND 10 BLACKS 2 MAKE THIS FIAR!

Should be 16 whites and 4 blacks if you split it up soley on race.. but really, whats wrong with seeing if someone is smart enough to get the raise.

Tired of all the AFF action bullshit. If your stupid your stupid and if thats genetic (which your implying that it is) then thats too bad. I don't believe in the opportunity BS.. if you go to school and get A's the NAACP or some organization is going to sponsor you. OFC if you act like a punk and gangbang around then once you turn 20 decide to get your life on track... well good for you but don't tell me about your "lack of opportunities"

QUOTE (0bs3n3 @ Dec 5 2009, 06:23 AM) *

Punxtr is acting like a oversensitive *****.

No shit what the "Just get the right damn people" means. It has nothing to do with race and you never implied it. Anyone who was able to turn that into "Looking for white people" is just an Al Sharpton/Jesse Jackson wanna be.

The system assfucks minorities/people of color

How, specifically. By giving blacks bonus points? Or is that by using a quota system to hire more blacks than whites proportionately? Or maybe its the fact that the government apologized for slavery and made arrangements for reparations? Or perhaps its the NAACP and all the support it gives to white people and not to blacks?

Most don't recognize their own white affirmative action which has prevailed for centuries and possibly millenia.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. I wasn't alive a "Century" or a "millinia" ago so "my own" didn't exist then. SO STFU!

wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
TreeFitty
post Dec 11 2009, 03:02 AM
Post #17

[ShitKickers] Posse
Group Icon

Just an update, promotion day: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_firefighters_lawsuit . nothing special except people slinging a little more mud.

--------------------
gta 5

Achievements

+Quote Post
0bs3n3
post Dec 11 2009, 11:54 AM
Post #18

Leece

Dennis Thompson, an attorney for black firefighters who tried unsuccessfully last month to block the plaintiffs' promotions

The fuck does he think he is?

I mean really, learn what hard work is.
Achievements

+Quote Post
The Awesome One
post Dec 16 2009, 12:54 PM
Post #19

Poshboy...

Member No.: 49,030
XBL Gamertag: the mighty moa

White rights? About time.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Heartless
post Dec 17 2009, 06:30 AM
Post #20

Group Icon

QUOTE (0bs3n3 @ Dec 11 2009, 06:54 AM) *
Dennis Thompson, an attorney for black firefighters who tried unsuccessfully last month to block the plaintiffs' promotions

The fuck does he think he is?

I mean really, learn what hard work is.

I vote the gold award that Thompson is the most douche bag name, ever.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2014 - 11:28 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4