IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> kids TV is shit, it used to be good. WTF happened?
aussie_b8ler
post Aug 4 2008, 07:54 AM
Post #21

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 38,947

QUOTE(Mattay @ Aug 2 2008, 11:54 PM) [snapback]1457355[/snapback]
I would no doubt give my left nut to see Rocko's Modern Life come out on DVD. That's probably one of the best shows ever aired on television.

notworthy.gif
i have to agree. i will give my right nut to sweeten the deal.
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Skinny 
post Aug 4 2008, 09:29 AM
Post #22

Member No.: 38,184

QUOTE(TheAnalogKid2112 @ Aug 4 2008, 05:26 PM) [snapback]1457531[/snapback]
Recess FTW.

Yeah, them and The Weekenders.

--------------------
=D
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Aug 4 2008, 12:44 PM
Post #23

Boss
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 40,397

What happened to Fat Albert?
Achievements

+Quote Post
Skinny 
post Aug 4 2008, 01:03 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 38,184

QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Aug 4 2008, 10:44 PM) [snapback]1457564[/snapback]

--------------------
=D
Achievements

+Quote Post
HongKongPhooey
post Aug 4 2008, 09:36 PM
Post #25

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 5,207

QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Aug 4 2008, 12:44 PM) [snapback]1457564[/snapback]

cardiac arrest, from all the pudding

--------------------
"I try to catch him right on the tip of the nose, because I try to push the bone into the brain." -Mike Tyson
"My power is discombobulatingly devastating I could feel is muscle tissues collapse under my force. It's ludicrous these mortals even attempt to enter my realm." - Mike Tyson
Achievements

+Quote Post
TheAnalogKid2112
post Aug 5 2008, 04:41 AM
Post #26

Oh boy! Oberto! Penis! Bundt cake! D-O's Can

Member No.: 39,933
PSN Name: TheAnalogKid2112

QUOTE(jesusdiceshoota @ Aug 4 2008, 02:36 PM) [snapback]1457691[/snapback]
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ Aug 4 2008, 12:44 PM) [snapback]1457564[/snapback]

cardiac arrest, from all the pudding

Rofl. Sig worthy.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
DiO
post Aug 5 2008, 02:53 PM
Post #27

Forgot about member titles for awhile there...
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE(Fuck Yourself Aaron @ Aug 2 2008, 06:47 PM) [snapback]1457350[/snapback]
South Park is still my favorite kid show.

QUOTE(jesusdiceshoota @ Aug 3 2008, 02:14 PM) [snapback]1457444[/snapback]
Futurama just makes...............

These aren't "Kid Shows."

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
HongKongPhooey
post Aug 5 2008, 07:42 PM
Post #28

Upstanding Citizen

I started watching south park right when it came out, they are on thier 14th season? Im 21 now, so I was like not even ten when I was watching that shit.

--------------------
"I try to catch him right on the tip of the nose, because I try to push the bone into the brain." -Mike Tyson
"My power is discombobulatingly devastating I could feel is muscle tissues collapse under my force. It's ludicrous these mortals even attempt to enter my realm." - Mike Tyson
Achievements

+Quote Post
GLC
post Aug 5 2008, 08:00 PM
Post #29

Anus.
Group Icon

Member No.: 38,852

QUOTE(jesusdiceshoota @ Aug 5 2008, 08:42 PM) [snapback]1457873[/snapback]
I started watching south park right when it came out, they are on thier 14th season? Im 21 now, so I was like not even ten when I was watching that shit.

i think they're currently doing season 12,but i'm not sure.
Achievements

+Quote Post
DiO
post Aug 5 2008, 08:41 PM
Post #30

Forgot about member titles for awhile there...
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

Yah, they're in season 12. It doesnt matter when you started watching them. They arent geared for children like said old cartoons and new shit like pokemon.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Aug 5 2008, 10:14 PM
Post #31

Still Standing
Group Icon

Member No.: 439
PSN Name: BushkaUK

Most modern kids cartoons are usually little people with large heads, made out of pointy badly drawn vectors, with annoying voices. The story-lines are also crap, with low amounts if humor. i agree cartoons these days suck arse.

Adult cartoons on the other hand, have got better.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
GLC
post Aug 5 2008, 11:17 PM
Post #32

Anus.
Group Icon

wait should this even be in entertainment?were talking about cartoons NOT being entertaining,so shouldn't it have gone in R&R or something.then again now people are talking about cartoons that are entertaining so i guess it belongs here now.my brain hurts from asking questions then answering myself.Goodnight.
Achievements

+Quote Post
HongKongPhooey
post Aug 6 2008, 03:46 AM
Post #33

Upstanding Citizen

Ok 12 years, so I was 9. I wasnt the one who brought futurama or south park up, I just said what i thought about them

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
MAIN OFFENDER
post Aug 6 2008, 04:16 AM
Post #34

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 11,013

Totally agree, even the remakes of classic cartoons are shit these days, I saw a updated version of transformers a little while back and thought WTF. My all time fav Masters Of The Universe, and even though it wasn't a cartoon Fraggle Rock always made me happy.
Achievements

+Quote Post
HongKongPhooey
post Aug 6 2008, 04:22 AM
Post #35

Upstanding Citizen

fucking fragle rock, that shit was great when i was a kid, i even had the cheap like shity toy cars of them.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
aussie_b8ler
post Aug 9 2008, 09:52 PM
Post #36

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 38,947

the shows that i remember as being enjoyable as a kid include:

roko's modern life
rugrats
captain planet
aaaaaahhh! real monsters
swatcats
banana man
gummi bears
street sharks
and there was this random aussie show called johnson and friends.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Guest_Linkin Parkinson's_*
post Aug 9 2008, 10:05 PM
Post #37

Guests

Dragon Ball Z and Rugrats own whatever cartoons are mentioned in this thread.

Fuck watching Scooby Doo boring ass. Their jokes were terrible. Tom and Jerry was ass too the fucking cat always loses and it pissed me off. At least in Dragon Ball Z there was a possibility of the bad guy winning for once so you keep tuning in to see how in the hell they are gonna get beaten.

When I was around 6-11 years old I watched:

Toonami
Rugrats
Johnny Bravo (he never got the girl which kinda pissed me off)
Rocket Power (it pissed me off how they always made Otto Rocket get owned by someone)
All That
Kenan and Kel
Cow & Chicken
Dexter's Laboratory
WCW and WWF
Rocko's Modern Life
Aaah! REAL FUCKING MONSTERS!
Fresh Prince of Bel Air

sometimes power puff girls

they also had a super mario cartoon but it came on like as soon as I left to go to school... I wish I could have been out of school so I could watch that shit, I watched it a few times and it was awesome.

This post has been edited by Linkin Parkinson's: Aug 9 2008, 10:19 PM
Achievements

+Quote Post
WHERE_IS_MIANUS
post Aug 10 2008, 01:40 AM
Post #38

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 42,125

QUOTE(shootthebandit @ Aug 2 2008, 01:30 AM) [snapback]1457265[/snapback]
the other morning i was flickin thru TV channels and i came across 'the flintstones'. i watched it and it brought back memorys of classic cartoons.

when i was a kid i loved: tom and jerry, the looney tunes, wacky races, stop the pidgeon and many more. but my all time favourite was scooby-doo.

what happened to these programs. kids nowadays are missing out on alot, modern kids shows are crap.

id hate to see the day when these cartoons can only be found in the darkest corners of the internet.

I agree. Also, when I've flicked through the channels and turned over to BBC1 between 3:30pm to 4:30pm, the kids programmes (by the way, I never watch them) look so retarded. I wonder why so many adult actors dent their careers acting in so much crap and they could be doing something worth their while where they can get a bigger name each like acting in a soap or any films. The kids programmes always seem to have stupid things happening like a bottle of Fanta as a weapon or something. What the hell...

I used to watch the same as you did. I used to like others like Spiderman And His Amazing Friends, Crackerjack and Roadrunner. There were many more. I enjoyed the quizes such as Blockbusters and Screen Test.

This post has been edited by WHERE_IS_MIANUS: Aug 10 2008, 01:42 AM

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
GLC
post Aug 15 2008, 03:49 PM
Post #39

Anus.
Group Icon

QUOTE(Linkin Parkinson @ Aug 9 2008, 11:05 PM) [snapback]1458576[/snapback]
Dragon Ball Z and Rugrats own whatever cartoons are mentioned in this thread.
Tom and Jerry was ass too the fucking cat always loses and it pissed me off.

a childrens cartonn pissed you off...

laugh.gif
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Aug 15 2008, 05:58 PM
Post #40

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

...how about some other older classics like, he-man and thundercats biggrin.gif...

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2014 - 05:44 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4