Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New Web Browser: Flock
-spyder-
post Oct 17 2007, 10:04 PM
Post #1

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 32,804

I heard about this the other day on a some website, and they recommed it, so I thought i'd give it a try myself and its actually quite good, in some ways better then Firefox, and miles better then IE.

It is designed mainly like the Mozilla Firefox browser as it has the same pop up type windows, (like downloads, and add-ons) but different, and nicer looking Visual Style - browser window and features which Firefox dosent have and is themed on a Social Network based browser and it intereacts with most of the well known sites (like MySpace, YouTube, and Photobucket) and you can easily transfer blogs, photos and all other types of media easily. And with them features you easily find out about new pictures or blogs your friends have added to their site by opening up a webpage called 'My World', which shows you like whats new really, like RSS Feeds and Favourite stuff. Also you can veiw and look at your media at the same time and have 1/3 page showing your photbucket stuff at the top of the webpage, while you look on the internet, and you can do the same if you install a add-on you can look at google maps. And it has some add-ons available, which work like firefox, and Ive heard that some of the FF add-ons do work with Flock. Also another good add-on is the Screenshot, which, yeah takes screenshots of the whole webpage, even if its not visible no the window.

Ive been using it for the last two days and I actually think its better then FireFox, in some ways, because oviously you could forget about the whole social networking thing, and not use them feautures but I still think it looks good even if you not bothered about that. And its works familar like Firefox, with tabs and bookmarks along the toolbar and stuff, and all the Firefox stuff can be imported in.

Attached File  printsc.png ( 355.17K ) Number of downloads: 31

Link to website

--------------------

---
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DeKo
post Oct 17 2007, 10:58 PM
Post #2

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 25

For flock sake.

Looks about too cluttered for my liking, but ill be sure to give it a go when ive got enough spare time.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Qdeathstar
post Oct 18 2007, 12:09 AM
Post #3

My Penis, Your ass. Lets go.
Group Icon

Member No.: 14

Its a bit bulky for my tastes.. i'd imagine it would take quite some time to open up and stuff.

--------------------

Seether - Country Song
Download Now

QUOTE (Massacre @ Aug 26 2010, 04:28 PM) *
I've found it's impossible to be more human than human. Inhuman, however, is easy.

Achievements

+Quote Post
psychÝ
post Oct 18 2007, 03:54 PM
Post #4

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 1,279

QUOTE(Qdeathstar @ Oct 18 2007, 01:09 AM) [snapback]1370159[/snapback]
Its a bit bulky for my tastes.. i'd imagine it would take quite some time to open up and stuff.

Indeed, uses to much resources while doing nothing special.

--------------------

Dragonfly
Achievements

+Quote Post
-spyder-
post Oct 18 2007, 06:11 PM
Post #5

Upstanding Citizen

QUOTE(psychÝ @ Oct 18 2007, 04:54 PM) [snapback]1370258[/snapback]
QUOTE(Qdeathstar @ Oct 18 2007, 01:09 AM) [snapback]1370159[/snapback]

Indeed, uses to much resources while doing nothing special.

Actually its quite quick, all you get it a small box screen and that takes just under 10secs when you click on the program, but when the browser opens up, its just like any other browser, and the features and add-ons just come on when you click on the toolbar

And also when it comes to accounts and details, you dont need to type in any password or anthing in the Flock settings as it automatically remembers your account and stores it in the My World Page for viewing and stuff

But yeah, the purpose of this web browser it that it makes it easier to do stuff, like upload pictures, all you do is drag into a window, or publish a blog, and save text and pictures from a webpage and save it for later, so really it acts and feels the same as FireFox really, but with the added bonuses and later hopefully more stuff like add-ons will come out when Flock is well known, because there is more I havent tried out yet, and themes will come out later too, but I think its quite good, ovoiusly other people will think different because if you dont need to use them features then you might aswell keep with Firefox, unless you like the different layout and colours and stuff

--------------------

---
Achievements

+Quote Post
Sharpie Fetish
post Oct 18 2007, 07:52 PM
Post #6

Litterer
Group Icon

Member No.: 34,595

it looks nice but just too damn cluttered and theres the fact with it looking so good it would run slow
Achievements

+Quote Post
-spyder-
post Oct 18 2007, 10:28 PM
Post #7

Upstanding Citizen

QUOTE(CyanTist @ Oct 18 2007, 08:52 PM) [snapback]1370342[/snapback]
it looks nice but just too damn cluttered and theres the fact with it looking so good it would run slow

It dosent run slow! (well depending on your system but it runs fine with 1gb mem), and its quite clever, say you have two tabs open, and on the first one you middle click on a link, so then it opens up that link after the 1st tab, not the 2nd

yeah it looks abit cluttered on mine because I have bookmark icons running along the toolbar but you dont have to have it like that though,

but its better then i thought it would be, considering its new, free and is better then them other rare web browsers that are released.

--------------------

---
Achievements

+Quote Post
Qdeathstar
post Oct 19 2007, 03:26 AM
Post #8

My Penis, Your ass. Lets go.
Group Icon

Member No.: 14

It takes firefox 2-3 seconds to load... 10 seconds is a eternity by comparison.

--------------------

Seether - Country Song
Download Now

QUOTE (Massacre @ Aug 26 2010, 04:28 PM) *
I've found it's impossible to be more human than human. Inhuman, however, is easy.

Achievements

+Quote Post
Damian
post Oct 19 2007, 06:05 AM
Post #9

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 37,254

It's going to flop, simple.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
-spyder-
post Oct 22 2007, 07:43 PM
Post #10

Upstanding Citizen

Well I dont nothing much wrong with Flock, apart from it been quite slow to open but otherwise its just like Firefox but with all the add-ons and clever and quick apps

Like it can spell check, what your writing, like now. Or There is a photo uploader window, where you can drag or browse your photos, edit and crop them and send them to your online storage account. A Web Clipboard, where you can drag text or images to it and it will save it for later. A feed sidebar, which shows your what rss feed your subscribed to. A Blog Editor to post or edit your blog on online accounts. A Media Bar which previews your photos and videos of websites like youtube, photbucket, etc. Two add-ons Ive downloaded which are good is a mini-mapper which yeah, displays a google/yahoo map across the top of the web page, and another one is Screenshot which takes a complete screenshot of the page, even its not visble on the screen. And lastly Me.dium, which you register, and login and find out what other websites people visit.

Attached File  prtscn4.png ( 60.08K ) Number of downloads: 5

Attached File  prtscn3.PNG ( 335.38K ) Number of downloads: 5

Attached File  prtscn2.PNG ( 226.37K ) Number of downloads: 3

This post has been edited by -spyder-: Oct 22 2007, 07:45 PM

--------------------

---
Achievements

+Quote Post
FuddMan
post Oct 22 2007, 08:44 PM
Post #11

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 1,351

Flock has been out for ages. You can't say it's better than Firefox because it's an even more bloated version of it with an exclusive skin put over the top. If the tools it offers are useful for you then fine, if not there's not much point other in using Flock other than for the skin, which most people don't like anyway.

--------------------
QUOTE (Psy)
Well, I must be honest, I do occasionally have the odd night off where I stick my fingers in as many pussy's as I can
php stands for psy humping pussy

zomg it's DuffMan's clone.
Achievements

+Quote Post
-spyder-
post Oct 22 2007, 09:10 PM
Post #12

Upstanding Citizen

QUOTE(DuffMan @ Oct 22 2007, 09:44 PM) [snapback]1371209[/snapback]
Flock has been out for ages. You can't say it's better than Firefox because it's an even more bloated version of it with an exclusive skin put over the top. If the tools it offers are useful for you then fine, if not there's not much point other in using Flock other than for the skin, which most people don't like anyway.

Yeah, your right.... glare.gif

--------------------

---
Achievements

+Quote Post
I Made Your Mom ...
post Oct 23 2007, 01:46 AM
Post #13

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,614
XBL Gamertag: Strike Viper
PSN Name: Imbrium

Would be useful to people who go on those kind of sites a lot, but then the average MySpace user is so retarded he probably doesn't know how to install another browser.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
psychÝ
post Oct 23 2007, 06:55 PM
Post #14

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 1,279

QUOTE(Lazz @ Oct 23 2007, 02:46 AM) [snapback]1371267[/snapback]
Would be useful to people who go on those kind of sites a lot, but then the average MySpace user is so retarded he probably doesn't know how to install another browser.

They are also retarded as myspace is completely pointless and you might as well use facebook, which actually has some good features.

--------------------

Dragonfly
Achievements

+Quote Post
-spyder-
post Oct 23 2007, 09:10 PM
Post #15

Upstanding Citizen

QUOTE(psychÝ @ Oct 23 2007, 07:55 PM) [snapback]1371363[/snapback]
QUOTE(Lazz @ Oct 23 2007, 02:46 AM) [snapback]1371267[/snapback]

They are also retarded as myspace is completely pointless and you might as well use facebook, which actually has some good features.

Yes you can use Facebook! happy.gif

Look they even have these buttons on the site so that you can spread the word about Flock

--------------------

---
Achievements

+Quote Post
DeKo
post Oct 23 2007, 10:48 PM
Post #16

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Member No.: 25

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
HeadCrab
post Oct 26 2007, 07:46 PM
Post #17

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 34,426

Lol! I love when people rip off Firefox, add some useless features that nobody uses, and then pass it off as their own product. This smells of idiocy. And as Lazz correctly pointed out, the only people who would want to use this are too dumb to anyway.

--------------------
If at first you don't succeed, forget it and play GTA.
Achievements

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 04:06 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4