> L.A. Noire, R* Games
PabloHoneyOle
post Apr 6 2010, 07:43 PM
Post #21

Boss
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 40,397

Yeah, without a release date, this might as well be Duke Nukem Forever.

I'll get more excited when this materializes and goes gold, and we have a release date.
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Apr 6 2010, 07:48 PM
Post #22

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

i'm still interested in this game... since it's probably coming out later this year, i'm sure i'll be ready for it by then... but, if new vegas comes out before it then, nevermind... i won't buy any games after new vegas for at least a few months... i know i'll be playing new vegas through a few times before i even touch any other game...

but, i like the sound of this game... to me, it's like a cross between sam & max (the detective part) and mafia (the 40's scene)... but, without the point/click of sam & max, and without the mob story from mafia... did that make sense? huh.gif...

is this game going to be freeroam?? that would completely add to the whole experience, being able to drive to the suspects houses to interrogate them... or to return to the scene of the crime to look for more clues... to follow up on some evidence you found, like a wrench that was used as the murder weapon... you could go to a hardware store and question the clerk, shit like that...

this game really sounds like it's been building on the hype it laid out years ago... maybe it took this long for video game technology to catch up to the ideas team bondi had for this massive title... hence the long delay...

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
JamieMilne
post May 31 2010, 01:28 AM
Post #23

Hustler

Member No.: 2,374
PSN Name: jamievxr

is it a sandbox game ? freeroam
Achievements

+Quote Post
SirPsychoSexy
post Jun 3 2010, 09:58 PM
Post #24

Nobody Special

Group: Members
Member No.: 39,224

QUOTE (JamieMilne @ May 31 2010, 03:28 AM) *
is it a sandbox game ? freeroam

Probably, don't think it's known but I think pretty much any game coming from R* now will be sandbox.

--------------------
Even the doorbell knows how smart I am, cool house man!
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Jun 7 2010, 08:34 PM
Post #25

Still Standing
Group Icon

Member No.: 439
PSN Name: BushkaUK

New Screens:

nobody posted any, so...

This post has been edited by DuPz0r: Jun 7 2010, 08:38 PM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Jun 8 2010, 02:22 PM
Post #26

doesn't play well with others...

Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

those are sweet... the graphics look really good, and it's probably not even polished yet...

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
SirPsychoSexy
post Jun 8 2010, 06:25 PM
Post #27

Nobody Special

Looks fantastic! Nice find DuPz0r! I'm so getting this game when it comes out. R* has me around their little finger, with IV, the Episoeds and RDR and all, and now this! Agent seems exciting too even though we know nothing about it and it's PS3 exclusive, and the next GTA, I can't wait for it, I'm really hoping for an announcement on the Press Conference in two hours but I'm expecting to get shot down. For some reason though I'm having problems getting over that Noire is set in L.A and not L.S...

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
ViceMan
post Jun 9 2010, 07:25 PM
Post #28

Pessimistic nihilistic.

Member No.: 10,896
PSN Name: ViceyThaShizzle

It seems R* are broadening the GTA-style games and just changing the names so people don't jump to conclusions. RDR = GTA 1910, Agent = GTA - 1950/60 and L.A. Noire = GTA 1940. That's not a bad thing though.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
asthenia
post Jun 10 2010, 10:49 AM
Post #29

Psy is gay and stupid.
Group Icon

Member No.: 424
XBL Gamertag: aVarkatzas
PSN Name: Asthenia

It's just Sanbox gaming, and they're the best at it. And people are jumping to conclusions; you just did.

RDR = GTA 1910, Agent = GTA - 1950/60 and L.A. Noire = GTA 1940.

Not picking a fight though; if Agent and this are Sandboxes, than that is pretty much what they're doing. Even though Team Bondi aren't strictly R*, yet...

Like you said though, it's no bad thing. As long as they keep making games, I'll keep buying. They're the only developer I ever look forward to games from anyway. Oh, and Media Molecule.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
DiO
post Jun 11 2010, 03:57 PM
Post #30

Forgot about member titles for awhile there...
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (Asthenia @ Jun 10 2010, 06:49 AM) *
Not picking a fight though; if Agent and this are Sandboxes

They prolly are. LA Noire sure as hell looks like one.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
SirPsychoSexy
post Jun 18 2010, 08:35 PM
Post #31

Nobody Special

@DuPz0r: Where did you find those screens? Can't find them anywhere else...

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
asthenia
post Jun 19 2010, 04:06 PM
Post #32

Psy is gay and stupid.
Group Icon

Member No.: 424
XBL Gamertag: aVarkatzas
PSN Name: Asthenia

QUOTE (DiOtard @ Jun 11 2010, 04:57 PM) *
QUOTE (Asthenia @ Jun 10 2010, 06:49 AM) *
Not picking a fight though; if Agent and this are Sandboxes

They prolly are. LA Noire sure as hell looks like one.

QUOTE ("CVG - Link Below")
It's a bit Heavy Rain meets Mafia; as well as the regular sandbox stuff you'll also go about solving cases through a mixture of investigation, interviews and interrogations.

Woohoo! I genuinely didn't think L. A. Noire was going to be Sandbox. The screens seem too good looking to have the Sandbox element, you know? The Modern Warfare effect. Beautiful, but linear as fuck.

Here's the link, thanks to that SmC guy... CVG L. A. Noire article.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Jul 6 2010, 05:37 PM
Post #33

Still Standing
Group Icon

If this game gets even more interesting, i think Psy might have to add another game to his iGTA web database biggrin.gif It will be interesting to see how this game pans out in the next 6 months at least...

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
TwoFacedTanner
post Jul 25 2010, 01:28 PM
Post #34

Clepto

Member No.: 908
XBL Gamertag: IanCredible988

Gamestop had the release date set for 9/1. Of course its changed to 11/1 now, which I know arent real dates.

Im looking forward to it, but since there is so little information about it, almost no point in getting excited.
Achievements

+Quote Post
ViceMan
post Jul 28 2010, 07:23 PM
Post #35

Pessimistic nihilistic.

Member No.: 10,896
PSN Name: ViceyThaShizzle

What with the hype before the release of RDR then the sudden loss of interest after its release i'm anticipating the same will happen to both this and Agent. Do either of these games have an MP element to them or are they strictly SP?

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
TwoFacedTanner
post Aug 3 2010, 04:37 AM
Post #36

Clepto

Member No.: 908
XBL Gamertag: IanCredible988

Most likely single player.

I mean, in Noire, it'd be neat to have another player as your partner going around helping you, or maybe a four to six play beat cop mode...or something.
After RDR's multiplayer...no sir...Im looking for something more refined that'll bored the hell out of all those ten year olds and/or squeaky voiced adolescents who saturate the map being dickholes because...man fuck! I wish I could go Ghost Dad on their asses...you know, reach through the mic and choke em.

Man there I am getting off topic again.

I mean, everytime I drop by this thread I get a bit excited for it, I remember reading the things like every pedestrian's face is modeled after someone; I think its the actual actor that voices the ped, so maybe we'll have some interesting looking folks walking around.

But I don't know anything about Agent.
Achievements

+Quote Post
SirPsychoSexy
post Aug 23 2010, 09:54 AM
Post #37

Nobody Special

Honestly, I don't see this coming out this year as said. D*mn R* and all their delayes...

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Aug 23 2010, 10:57 AM
Post #38

Still Standing
Group Icon

Probably not. But I'm not anticipating this game too much right now. I'm sure i can wait if it looks and plays nicer when they finally do release it.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
SirPsychoSexy
post Aug 23 2010, 10:37 PM
Post #39

Nobody Special

Totally agreed. But I think this is my next buy, and I don't buy games too often. Well, guess I'll have to do with FIFA 10 and maybe some RDR, GTA IV and EfLC til it comes out...

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Aug 24 2010, 08:43 AM
Post #40

Still Standing
Group Icon

I'm going to be renting Mafia 2, but that wont have anything on this I'm thinking. Even though this is not a Mafia set game.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post

17 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st October 2014 - 09:58 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4