DuPz0r
post Aug 14 2010, 05:53 PM
Post #1

Still Standing
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 439
PSN Name: BushkaUK

Ok, so i've never really been satisfied by the GTA themes made by other users out there. They just never had that look i wanted. So i took it into my own hands and made one myself.

I used the GTA IV icons from the trophies, and i also used the weapon icons from in-game. The wallpapers i decided to use had to be awesome, so i went with patrickbrown's awesome GTAIV master-pieces.

I am working on getting audio files in there too, so it feels even more like a premium GTA Theme.

Anyway here is a picture of it, and i'll add the PS3 Theme to the download section if anyone is interesting in downloading it smile.gif.

Error: The file could not be verified as a valid ZIP or RAR file. Go back and try again.

Can someone sort that out? because I've tried uploading it loads. It gets to 100% then refreshes to this message.

Here's a temp link:
http://www.storewith.com/filedownload.aspx...43a46ef13aa8c2e

This post has been edited by DuPz0r: Aug 15 2010, 09:11 PM

--------------------
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DiO
post Aug 14 2010, 08:37 PM
Post #2

Forgot about member titles for awhile there...
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

That is fuckin sick.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Aug 14 2010, 08:54 PM
Post #3

Still Standing
Group Icon

Thanks. I was thinking of adding the GTAIV menu sounds like when you're scrolling through the menus and clicking on them etc. But i dunno if they would get annoying. What do you think, shall i or shan't i?

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
trathen93
post Aug 14 2010, 10:55 PM
Post #4

LFC

Group: Members
Member No.: 39,835
PSN Name: trathen

QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Aug 14 2010, 09:54 PM) *
Thanks. I was thinking of adding the GTAIV menu sounds like when you're scrolling through the menus and clicking on them etc. But i dunno if they would get annoying. What do you think, shall i or shan't i?

put the sounds on. it would just be even more epic. notworthy.gif Its fantastic, I shall download it before I go on the ps3 next

--------------------

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

Achievements

+Quote Post
TreeFitty
post Aug 15 2010, 01:36 AM
Post #5

[ShitKickers] Posse
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 35,531
PSN Name: therealtreefitty

Pretty cool. Never thought about making custom themes but definitely something I would play around with eventually.

--------------------
gta 5

People say I'm crazy for running into burning buildings. I say I'm crazy because I do it for free.
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Aug 15 2010, 01:39 AM
Post #6

Still Standing
Group Icon

Did you get any notifications on my upload attempt to the website? Because it kept fully uploading and then that message i got above appeared.

Update v2. I've now added some cool GTAIV audio sound effects which are from the GTA menu. Check them out for yourself.

Linkage: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=W33TZM68

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
TreeFitty
post Aug 15 2010, 01:42 AM
Post #7

[ShitKickers] Posse
Group Icon

Got nothing. If you can get the direct URL from Mega Upload, that may work. Images have had that issue with .jpg I think. Couldn't upload from computer but worked from Imageshack or similar website.

--------------------
gta 5

People say I'm crazy for running into burning buildings. I say I'm crazy because I do it for free.
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Aug 15 2010, 09:54 AM
Post #8

Still Standing
Group Icon

Here is the direct link i got when trying to download it: http://www312.megaupload.com/files/4ae12b0...e_by_DuPz0r.zip

And here is a new error i got when i tried linking it:
FILE SUBMISSION
Error:MySQL server has gone away

So i guess it can't be direct linked. Is there anywhere else i can direct link the file from?

This post has been edited by DuPz0r: Aug 15 2010, 09:57 AM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Aug 15 2010, 03:41 PM
Post #9

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

let me know when you get this to work.. i'll check it out biggrin.gif...

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Aug 15 2010, 04:25 PM
Post #10

Still Standing
Group Icon

It does work, it's just not uploading on this website. I posted the link to version 2 above. The sounds are pretty cool imo. But that's for you guys to decide.

Link to download: http://www.storewith.com/filedownload.aspx...43a46ef13aa8c2e Does this work?

This post has been edited by DuPz0r: Aug 15 2010, 04:36 PM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Aug 15 2010, 04:30 PM
Post #11

"The file you are trying to access is temporarily unavailable."

EDIT: nevermind, i got it to download... what's the name of the folder you put it in on an external hard drive for the PS3 to read it??

EDITv2: lol, nevermind again laugh.gif... you left detailed instructions biggrin.gif...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Aug 15 2010, 04:35 PM

--------------------

Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Aug 15 2010, 04:37 PM
Post #12

Still Standing
Group Icon

Ok cool, let me know what you think!

Oh btw everyone, i forgot to mention this theme supports both SD and HD screens. I had to add the wallpapers twice, one for each definition.

This post has been edited by DuPz0r: Aug 15 2010, 04:39 PM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Aug 15 2010, 04:45 PM
Post #13

i'm diggin' the icons biggrin.gif... does the background change or something because, i have the TLAD background right now... and i don't hear any sounds outside of the usual ones... but, i'll support the theme for a while biggrin.gif...

nice work, dup... now i need to learn how to make my own theme too...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Aug 15 2010, 05:24 PM
Post #14

Still Standing
Group Icon

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Aug 15 2010, 05:45 PM) *
i'm diggin' the icons biggrin.gif... does the background change or something because, i have the TLAD background right now... and i don't hear any sounds outside of the usual ones... but, i'll support the theme for a while biggrin.gif...

nice work, dup... now i need to learn how to make my own theme too...

Which version did you get? v2 has the sound effects. They are only subtle, because i cant stand noisy themes lol. When you move through the xmb it has the same sounds as when you're in GTA's pause menu.

oh yeah and there are 3 wallpapers in all. The ones i posted up top. They should alternate when logging out and in etc.

Actually, does anyone have any theme requests?

This post has been edited by DuPz0r: Aug 15 2010, 05:48 PM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
TreeFitty
post Aug 15 2010, 07:34 PM
Post #15

[ShitKickers] Posse
Group Icon

I was looking at this [official] guide to making your own: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/06/06/...own-ps3-themes/

Seems easy enough.

--------------------
gta 5

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Aug 15 2010, 08:11 PM
Post #16

QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Aug 15 2010, 01:24 PM) *
Which version did you get? v2 has the sound effects. They are only subtle, because i cant stand noisy themes lol. When you move through the xmb it has the same sounds as when you're in GTA's pause menu.

i guess i didn't get that one... only one of the links above allowed me to download it, and it must of been version 1...

if it's as easy as i think it is, i might try to make a theme myself... i am sure it will involve pirates somehow laugh.gif...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Aug 15 2010, 09:11 PM
Post #17

Still Standing
Group Icon

Sweet. Might as well change this thread to PS3 Themes or something? Looking forward to seeing everyone else's themes.

One warning though. They take longer than you make think to make lol. It depends if you're making your own icons or not though. I spent a while getting my white icons the way i wanted them.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Aug 15 2010, 09:32 PM
Post #18

yea, i kind of figured it would take a while... especially if you want it to look good... i already got the background, i just need to think of how i want to handle the icons and what they should be...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
TreeFitty
post Aug 15 2010, 09:44 PM
Post #19

[ShitKickers] Posse
Group Icon

made some time to try this. I'm just doodling some icons. Nothing serial.

edit: Just replaced the friend list icons and the "create a new user" icon. Loaded it up and it worked aside from a few things I think they added over the years since that how to was posted.. Now I have to figure out how to get a screenshot... :-/
Achievements

+Quote Post
TreeFitty
post Aug 16 2010, 02:09 AM
Post #20

[ShitKickers] Posse
Group Icon

Okay, I tried a free upload site which seemed to work (uploaded to iGTA) but didn't (file was messed up or not the right thing)....

edit hours later: .zip seems to be working for me... still playing around.

--------------------
gta 5

Achievements

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2014 - 11:47 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4