Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sky+ box or similar item
Ryanardo
post Mar 2 2009, 09:23 PM
Post #1

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 38,370

I have a free Sky package at home and would like to know if you need to get Sky+ to have its features, or is it possible to buy another box that has the same features (record, pause etc) that doestnt require any subscription.
Thank you.

--------------------
I Love The World
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Mar 2 2009, 09:35 PM
Post #2

Boss
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 40,397

I remember Sky 1 from when I lived in Germany.

Anyone remember DJ Kat?
Achievements

+Quote Post
Kuwong
post Mar 2 2009, 10:00 PM
Post #3

Pickpocket

Member No.: 870

If you have a Sky Box, you need a subscription. You can't just plug it in and get sky. There's no such thing as a free package. Least not to my knowledge.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Ryanardo
post Mar 2 2009, 10:34 PM
Post #4

Upstanding Citizen

QUOTE(Kuwong @ Mar 2 2009, 10:00 PM) [snapback]1488192[/snapback]
If you have a Sky Box, you need a subscription. You can't just plug it in and get sky. There's no such thing as a free package. Least not to my knowledge.

I did have a subscription years ago, but once uve been with them a year your entiltled to a basic package that costs nothing.

No point in telling me i cant do something ive been doing happily for about 2 years, have you got an answer to the question ? that would be appreciated.

--------------------
I Love The World
Achievements

+Quote Post
FuddMan
post Mar 3 2009, 12:35 PM
Post #5

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 1,351

Sky+ is a subscription service. It's either a fiver or a tenner a month extra I think. Can't say I've ever heard of a free Sky package, but hey, if it's a trial they're running and it's only available in your house, then so be it.

You can get freeview boxes with recording features, but obviously they only cover freeview channels.

--------------------
QUOTE (Psy)
Well, I must be honest, I do occasionally have the odd night off where I stick my fingers in as many pussy's as I can
php stands for psy humping pussy

zomg it's DuffMan's clone.
Achievements

+Quote Post
asthenia
post Mar 3 2009, 05:22 PM
Post #6

Psy is gay and stupid.
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 424
XBL Gamertag: aVarkatzas
PSN Name: Asthenia

Sky Freesat.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Full Metal Monke...
post Mar 5 2009, 12:13 AM
Post #7

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 39,213

QUOTE(The Asthenia @ Mar 3 2009, 05:22 PM) [snapback]1488297[/snapback]

Sky Freesat.

Yeah, you can purchase a Freesat+ box which is almost indentical to Freeview but uses a satalite dish instead of an aerial and can view channels in HD.

You pay for the box and a dish if you haven't got one already (works fine with a Sky dish as it connects to the same satalite).

At the moment their expensive to buy as their fairly new technology. Around 250 and upwards for a decent Freesat+ box. Give it a year or so and the prices will drop.

Ryanardo - If you want to get Sky+ you WILL need to renew your contact with BSkyB as i had Sky+ cancelled my contact and can no longer view my recorded shows or pause live TV. The only channels i can now view are the basic terestrial channels (BBC1, BBC2, ITV, Channel 4 and Channel 5).

Freesat doesn't give you free Sky channels but gives you more options than Freeview. And the option to watch in HD is an added bonus.

--------------------
Stunt Double for Nick Frost
Achievements

+Quote Post
Ryanardo
post Mar 6 2009, 08:18 AM
Post #8

Upstanding Citizen

QUOTE(Full Metal Monkey @ Mar 5 2009, 12:13 AM) [snapback]1488541[/snapback]
QUOTE(The Asthenia @ Mar 3 2009, 05:22 PM) [snapback]1488297[/snapback]

Sky Freesat.

Yeah, you can purchase a Freesat+ box which is almost indentical to Freeview but uses a satalite dish instead of an aerial and can view channels in HD.

You pay for the box and a dish if you haven't got one already (works fine with a Sky dish as it connects to the same satalite).

At the moment their expensive to buy as their fairly new technology. Around 250 and upwards for a decent Freesat+ box. Give it a year or so and the prices will drop.

Ryanardo - If you want to get Sky+ you WILL need to renew your contact with BSkyB as i had Sky+ cancelled my contact and can no longer view my recorded shows or pause live TV. The only channels i can now view are the basic terestrial channels (BBC1, BBC2, ITV, Channel 4 and Channel 5).

Freesat doesn't give you free Sky channels but gives you more options than Freeview. And the option to watch in HD is an added bonus.

What i want to do is keep the free package i have now (i dont get much buts its OK) and get a box that enables me to have all the functions of Sky+ but without actualy subscribing to anything.

--------------------
I Love The World
Achievements

+Quote Post
Full Metal Monke...
post Mar 6 2009, 05:51 PM
Post #9

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 39,213

Yeah then a Freesat+ box is the one for you. If you want information on it go to here.

It records, pauses live television etc. You can connect it straight up to the satalite dish that Sky provided you and scan for channels.

As ive already said though you don't get Sky channels like Sky1 etc but you get a decent amount. Plus you can watch in HD.

Apprently the best freesat+ box out on the market is the Humax FOXSAT-HDR. But its pricey. Other than that i don't think i can recommend anything else as with Sky+ you have to pay a subscription even if you want to pause or record the terestrial channels.

--------------------
Stunt Double for Nick Frost
Achievements

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th September 2014 - 02:03 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4