DuPz0r
post Sep 10 2009, 03:10 PM
Post #1

Still Standing
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 439
PSN Name: BushkaUK

So i just had a random question about online trophies. I've found them very temperamental. I was trying to get the Taking it for the team achievement, where i have to be on the winning team in all multiplayer team games. I have met those requirements and it is visible on my stats, yet the trophy as not yet triggerede. Has anyone else had these problems with GTA? and is there a solution...?

I also heard that there was a similar problem with the Auf Wierdersehen Petrovic one too. That you had to do them all in a row without turning off the PS3. I hope that is just a rumor!

This post has been edited by DuPz0r: Sep 10 2009, 03:10 PM

--------------------
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
OptimumPx
post Sep 10 2009, 03:45 PM
Post #2

Basket Case
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,168

Personally i don't think the trophy system works as well as the 360 achievement system.

--------------------
If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.
Achievements

+Quote Post
HB~Sauce
post Sep 10 2009, 03:48 PM
Post #3

Vandal

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,125

With the "taking it for the team" trophy, you may need to play a match or two to trigger the trophy. So play like deathmatch and see if it triggers, if not then go on to the next one. It should trigger after you win one of the modes that isn't counting.

As for AWP, you can do it in seperate sessions but there has been people who have had the trophy not unlock when it should have. It's usually one victory somewhere that isn't counting, so you would just keep playing until you find the right mode that was flawed. If you are doing AWP, use this checklist: checklist

And by the way, the Wanted trophy will consume your time.

--------------------
I get bored...
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Sep 10 2009, 03:53 PM
Post #4

Still Standing
Group Icon

OptimumPx >
It does on most games. I just think the PS3 GTA servers are some rusty crust bucket in a derelict oil rig in the middle of the north Atlantic with no admin looking after it. All because Sony didn't pay R* 50 mill of exclusive rights. Hopefully that will teach them a lesson for the next GTA. But it is us who suffer in the long run. Rant over.

HB >
Cool, thanks. I thought that would have been the problem, i just didn't realize how neglected the GTA servers were on the PS3!!!

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Sep 10 2009, 04:00 PM
Post #5

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

QUOTE (OptimumPx @ Sep 10 2009, 11:45 AM) *
Personally i don't think the trophy system works as well as the 360 achievement system.

that's not what he asked sleep.gif...

i've heard the same things about the petrovic trophy... personally, i don't think i'll ever get that one... i'd love to try but, there's just so many things you have to do... like winning all the different modes of racing like cannonball runs and helicopter ones... and then turn around and win all of those under the "GTA race" portion as well... it just seems to be way out of my league laugh.gif...

i got the "fly the co-op" trophy last night... and i take back what i said a few days ago about bomb da base being the toughest... it took about a dozen tries with two other people who are pretty good at deal breaker to get it done in time... way too many variables... there were times where everything was working perfect and then a package gets stuck between a level... or you can't get the fleeing bikers in a timely matter... or the damn helicopter dies on you when your trying to land it to pick up your friends...

took a lot of tries and we ended up only beating it by 1 second lol... but again, that's with 3 people... so, it's possible with three but, it's almost impossible... i'd imagine two works a little more efficient but then again, the same problems could prevent you from getting it...

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Sep 10 2009, 04:31 PM
Post #6

Still Standing
Group Icon

Yeah i still need to do deal breaker. I have a that friend queenBytach, but she is a bit useless at times. So i may have to try with some of you guys if you are up for it. As for the Petrovic trophy. I think i have done all of the games but the cannonball/boat/heli/free races. on both race and GTA race.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Sep 10 2009, 04:39 PM
Post #7

well, now that i got it, i'll hit you up whenever i'm on when your on... granted, if i already have plans i wont but, we'll get it dup... queenByatch added me so, i'm assuming she wants me to help her get it as well? laugh.gif... or maybe she found me irresistible over the headset, lol...

i gotta help out PS-FANBOY as well in this department... anyone else need the deal breaker time too?

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Sep 10 2009, 04:41 PM

--------------------

Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
RamzKilla
post Sep 11 2009, 12:52 PM
Post #8

Litterer

Member No.: 39,290

I got the platinum and it took me like 4 months to get it. Partly because my PS3 broke twice before I got it. (but thats another story) For Taking It For The Team Trophy you hafta win Cops N Crooks 4 ways( Win as Cops & As Crook in One For All & Win as Cops & As Crooks For All For One), Turf War 2 ways ( Russians & Jamaicans), Team Deathmatch, Team Car Jack City, Team Mafiya Work, Hangman's Noose, Bomb Da Base 2 & Deal Breaker. After you completed all them matches you should get the Trophy/Achievement. I messed up and missed winning as the Russians on Turf War. You really gotta pay attention. Also for the Petrovic Trophy, you don't need to do it all at once. I recommend you go to your network stats and print out the checklist for the races and mark off the ones you already have beaten. CIRCLE THEM OR SOMETHING!!! so you know which ones you don't hafta do. Finish all the races the you don't have a time set or a win on. If you don't get the trophy, go back and do the ones you marked off before you started, because you probably won the race before the trophies came out. I hope this helps someone. smile.gif

Also if anyone needs help with any trophies, send me a MSG on here or on PSN. wink.gif

This post has been edited by RamzKilla: Sep 11 2009, 12:52 PM
Achievements

+Quote Post
ConQueSteD
post Sep 11 2009, 01:42 PM
Post #9

Bukkake?
Group Icon

Group: Princess
Member No.: 38,555
XBL Gamertag: ConQueSteD TZA
PSN Name: ConQueSteD

I have a List of the Races on the a flash drive, so if anybody is wanting/needing it just send me a PM.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
DANNY B0Y
post Oct 11 2009, 08:08 PM
Post #10

Ruffian

Member No.: 56,550

I have IV on 360, completed 35 Achievements (all offline, I haven't got LIVE yet Jumpy.gif). I probably have earnt 650-700G off of IV alone.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
HB~Sauce
post Oct 12 2009, 04:51 AM
Post #11

Vandal

I just need one trophy, anyone guess?

--------------------
I get bored...
Achievements

+Quote Post
Seeen
post Oct 12 2009, 10:18 AM
Post #12

Vandal

Member No.: 5,816
PSN Name: SeeenRulez

QUOTE (HB~Sauce @ Oct 11 2009, 09:51 PM) *

Off the Boat? Haha
Achievements

+Quote Post
HB~Sauce
post Nov 10 2009, 03:49 AM
Post #13

Vandal

QUOTE (Seeen @ Oct 12 2009, 03:18 AM) *
QUOTE (HB~Sauce @ Oct 11 2009, 09:51 PM) *

Off the Boat? Haha

bump

lolz, nah I'm still working on that Wanted Trophy. Less than two million to go! If anyone wants this trophy and is online constantly, give me your PSN and we'll play noose together.

Fuck noose...

--------------------
I get bored...
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Jul 5 2010, 06:25 PM
Post #14

Still Standing
Group Icon

After leaving GTAIV idle for a couple of months, i can't help but go back to it. It's bugging me that one of my favourite games of all times, i haven't got a platinum trophy for yet... I went through the list of requirements for that Auf Wierdersehen Petrovic trophy, and i checked my stats on the social club, and i'm only missing 1 or two races on GTA race. I'm going to attempt them and see if i get the AWP trophy. If not, then i know for sure i have to do all of them in a row. That will put the rumours to rest biggrin.gif

I have noticed one thing with the Stats actually. When playing online it takes a while to synch stats. The last race you play/win/lose before you quit and turn it off, doesn't always register to the stats. Because on two occasions i've got someone to help me win races and the last races didn't get put onto the leader-boards.
Can i ask, has anyone on here actually got the AWP Trophy/Achievement?

I also need to get to level10 (i'm 8) and get under 7:03 on Deal breaker and that's it! hehe. So just three trophies away from a platinum! So close, yet so far. lol

This post has been edited by DuPz0r: Jul 6 2010, 04:11 PM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
ViceMan
post Jul 6 2010, 07:07 PM
Post #15

Pessimistic nihilistic.

Member No.: 10,896
PSN Name: ViceyThaShizzle

I was officially done with GTA IV itself in the months leading up to RDR, but I may make a return to EfLC... although not for very long.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Jul 6 2010, 07:14 PM
Post #16

i always return to GTA... all the way back with GTA III, whenever i had a dry-spell of new games to play, i always went back to the latest GTA... i get this feeling that this summer, i will be doing the same thing, especially if no one is playing RDR anymore...

i could be of assistance when it comes to the deal breaker time... as for getting to level 10, good god you have a long ways to go if your only level 8... the distance between level 9 and 10 is equivalent to going from level 1 to 9 all over again... good luck with that one, it took me two years to reach level 10... and probably 6 months to go from 9 to 10...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Jul 6 2010, 10:10 PM
Post #17

Still Standing
Group Icon

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Jul 6 2010, 08:14 PM) *
i always return to GTA... all the way back with GTA III, whenever i had a dry-spell of new games to play, i always went back to the latest GTA... i get this feeling that this summer, i will be doing the same thing, especially if no one is playing RDR anymore...

i could be of assistance when it comes to the deal breaker time... as for getting to level 10, good god you have a long ways to go if your only level 8... the distance between level 9 and 10 is equivalent to going from level 1 to 9 all over again... good luck with that one, it took me two years to reach level 10... and probably 6 months to go from 9 to 10...

Lmao, I'll do that level 10 trophy eventually, even if i play a little bit of GTA each day! I will definitely attempt the deal breaker mission with you at some point, as i haven't tried it since i last tried it with you a long time ago!

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Jul 7 2010, 12:01 PM
Post #18

Boss
Group Icon

Member No.: 40,397

I've been meaning to give my copy another spin. I still haven't gotten the pigeons and stunt jumps and I was thinking about dedicating a playthrough just for that. It's been over a year or so since I've played GTAIV (not counting DLC) and it's about time to get back into the world of Liberty City.
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Jul 7 2010, 12:46 PM
Post #19

Still Standing
Group Icon

I have won all of the races now, but I'm not sure if i have won both Cops n' Crooks All for one and one for all properly or not. I bet i wont even get the trophy tbh. So many people said you need to do them all in a row without turning off your PS3 due to a stat glitch. That's like 10-15 hours of non-stop play. Fuck that.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
TreeFitty
post Jul 7 2010, 10:07 PM
Post #20

[ShitKickers] Posse
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 35,531
PSN Name: therealtreefitty

I just played through a new game recently to get some trophies. Not going to try for online ones. Especially Petrovic.

--------------------
gta 5

People say I'm crazy for running into burning buildings. I say I'm crazy because I do it for free.
Achievements

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th September 2014 - 09:59 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4