IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, Discuss The Awesome...
bOnEs
post Mar 2 2009, 08:30 PM
Post #41

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

haha, i never got the chance to play at all this weekend... i said i thought my weekend was freed up but, that filled up very quickly friday night... tonight might be a different story i am guessing... i think i got the night to myself but, with friends, you never know biggrin.gif... they might have to call to see what's up, especially since i'm in possession of that certain substance that your friends tend to gravitate toward when its in your hands...

*cough*weed*cough*

i've been thinking about hackdirt all weekend though laugh.gif... and thinking about helping this lady in bruma find the loot her husband hid before he got caught... she said she'd split the loot with me if i can find it...

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
asthenia
post Mar 2 2009, 08:41 PM
Post #42

Psy is gay and stupid.
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 424
XBL Gamertag: aVarkatzas
PSN Name: Asthenia

Funny how they come running my man, I don't ever have any these days cause I don't smoke it anymore lol. *sobs* I'm tempted to go on it and investigate shit but MGS is better than I thought. I only got it for £10 too. But man... that god damn game...

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Mar 2 2009, 09:19 PM
Post #43

yea, i want to play MGS4 too... and i'll pry do what you did and get it at a cheap price... when i went to gamestop last weekend, MGS4 used was still about $40... i'm waiting for that awesome price drop... waiting for the same with little big planet too biggrin.gif... i wanna play both of these games but since they've long been released, i can obviously wait another few months for the price drops... i'm in no hurry laugh.gif...

...till then, i can easily start another fallout 3 file, buy godfather II, and obviously continue my journey in oblivion, which might take a year to complete, if i even get that far biggrin.gif... might end up starting over again and again just because of the obvious that each playthrough will be drastically different laugh.gif...

--------------------

Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
asthenia
post Mar 3 2009, 05:31 PM
Post #44

Psy is gay and stupid.
Group Icon

Yeah I waited on the drop for GRID since release. Got it for £20 then they said oh you can have another for another £10. ziiiing. LBP is sweet dude I have to replay that sometime.

Anyway, back on topic, do you fast travel much? What horse've you got?

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Mar 3 2009, 06:51 PM
Post #45

naw, i don't own a horse yet, saving my money for more house upgrades, or another house biggrin.gif... there's that horse that you get to borrow from that priest guy after you show him the kings amulet... that's the one i use if i need one, even though its really fucking slow... one time, there was this courier lady who rode off and died at the hands of wolves... i was using her stolen horse for a while, until i lost it laugh.gif... that horse was a lot faster than the priests horse...

i fast travel a lot... even inside of cities, i'll fast travel to the other end if it'll save me some time...

finished up the "two sides to the coin" quest from bruma last night... not sure where to go from here... probably back to the arena since i now have better armor and weapons from looting the great hall in bruma... chainmail kicks ass!! and now i am a journeyman in sneak so, my shoes no longer a factor in sneaking, hell yes!!

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Mar 3 2009, 06:56 PM

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Indy
post Mar 4 2009, 04:12 PM
Post #46

Vandal

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,844

Dark Brotherhood gives you the best horse in the game, Shadowmere, might wanna check it out, its pretty far into dark brotherhood story line though.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
TwoFacedTanner
post Mar 4 2009, 04:20 PM
Post #47

Clepto

Member No.: 908
XBL Gamertag: IanCredible988

You can also get a unicorn to ride.

Hes pretty bad ass apart from being a unicorn.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Indy
post Mar 4 2009, 06:16 PM
Post #48

Vandal

Yeah my horse and I killed the damn unicorn by accident. It looked like a Minotaur.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
asthenia
post Mar 4 2009, 06:32 PM
Post #49

Psy is gay and stupid.
Group Icon

QUOTE(bOnEs @ Mar 3 2009, 06:51 PM) [snapback]1488315[/snapback]
naw, i don't own a horse yet, saving my money for more house upgrades, or another house biggrin.gif... there's that horse that you get to borrow from that priest guy after you show him the kings amulet... that's the one i use if i need one, even though its really fucking slow... one time, there was this courier lady who rode off and died at the hands of wolves... i was using her stolen horse for a while, until i lost it laugh.gif... that horse was a lot faster than the priests horse...

i fast travel a lot... even inside of cities, i'll fast travel to the other end if it'll save me some time...

finished up the "two sides to the coin" quest from bruma last night... not sure where to go from here... probably back to the arena since i now have better armor and weapons from looting the great hall in bruma... chainmail kicks ass!! and now i am a journeyman in sneak so, my shoes no longer a factor in sneaking, hell yes!!

Prior Maborel's paint horse. I don't know where that is anymore, I think I left it in the Imperial City. The courier womans is a black horse. Fastest horse you can buy. Yeah Shadowmere's pretty badass, it only gets knocked out too, so far on my game atleast, it hasn't been killed. Red eyes and a little Black Hand on its saddle. Sweet.

I still haven't found the Unicorn, but I haven't looked for it either. I like Shadowmere enough to not replace himher yet.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Indy
post Mar 4 2009, 09:12 PM
Post #50

Vandal

I remember when I was a noob and I killed Umbra, after some difficulty, and stole took her armour. Rip-off ebony armour, but it was as good as orcish armour. Found her by accident, good times.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
asthenia
post Mar 4 2009, 09:41 PM
Post #51

Psy is gay and stupid.
Group Icon

Haha dude I thought I was the bomb after killing her, I was so proud for like 2 whole days after. Good times.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Mar 5 2009, 04:32 PM
Post #52

did a few quests the last couple of days... there was this one called, "paranoia" given to me in skingrad... lol, this creep wanted me to follow three different people because he thought they were out to get him... he paid well for 3 days off work... lol, the ending was pretty satisfying biggrin.gif...

finally discovered the secret of hackdirt... a new conversation dialog opened up in chorrol concerning some missing daughter of a shop, by eavesdropping on a conversation... once i asked around, i found out that she went to hackdirt and never returned... so, i did that strange little quest... now i think i am gonna go back to hackdirt and loot the hell out of the town, and finish exploring the caves underneath the town...

the coolest part of the last couple of days is the unique loot i've come across... i found 3 unique items in one cave!! items that are worth a ton of gold... one such item is called, "black marsh helmet"... this is by far the coolest item i'll pry ever find in the game... this helmet allows me to BREATH UNDERWATER!! now i gotta start exploring water and see if there's anything notable out there... i'm kinda afraid that there might be enemies in the water tho laugh.gif... it scares me because, i've ran across mirelurks underwater before in fallout 3, and nothing feels more vulnerable than swimming around in someone elses domain since human's aren't built for water and enemies like mirelurks are laugh.gif...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Voodoo.
post Mar 5 2009, 04:52 PM
Post #53

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 6,794
XBL Gamertag: Why are
PSN Name: you so
Xfire Identity: fat?

QUOTE(Ind¥ @ Mar 4 2009, 03:12 PM) [snapback]1488495[/snapback]
I remember when I was a noob and I killed Umbra, after some difficulty, and stole took her armour. Rip-off ebony armour, but it was as good as orcish armour. Found her by accident, good times.

I did the exact same thing early in my first playthrough by standing in a spot she couldn't reach and pelting her with arrows. I thought I was so clever. I used that sword through the whole game to recharge soul gems, though.

This post has been edited by VoodooSlumlord: Mar 5 2009, 04:52 PM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Indy
post Mar 5 2009, 06:06 PM
Post #54

Vandal

QUOTE(bOnEs @ Mar 5 2009, 04:32 PM) [snapback]1488624[/snapback]
did a few quests the last couple of days... there was this one called, "paranoia" given to me in skingrad... lol, this creep wanted me to follow three different people because he thought they were out to get him... he paid well for 3 days off work... lol, the ending was pretty satisfying biggrin.gif...

finally discovered the secret of hackdirt... a new conversation dialog opened up in chorrol concerning some missing daughter of a shop, by eavesdropping on a conversation... once i asked around, i found out that she went to hackdirt and never returned... so, i did that strange little quest... now i think i am gonna go back to hackdirt and loot the hell out of the town, and finish exploring the caves underneath the town...

the coolest part of the last couple of days is the unique loot i've come across... i found 3 unique items in one cave!! items that are worth a ton of gold... one such item is called, "black marsh helmet"... this is by far the coolest item i'll pry ever find in the game... this helmet allows me to BREATH UNDERWATER!! now i gotta start exploring water and see if there's anything notable out there... i'm kinda afraid that there might be enemies in the water tho laugh.gif... it scares me because, i've ran across mirelurks underwater before in fallout 3, and nothing feels more vulnerable than swimming around in someone elses domain since human's aren't built for water and enemies like mirelurks are laugh.gif...

You do find some monsters in the waters, but they're not too powerful. Also, you can get some pretty awesome spells to help breathe underwater. If you improve your acrobatics, you can also run on water, which is pretty damn fun.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Mar 6 2009, 12:28 AM
Post #55

yea, i am hoping that i can get the acrobatics stat up to that point here real soon... i'm very interested in running across water biggrin.gif... it's one of my main skills so, it shouldn't take much longer... i've already got the light-step perk from sneak and, i think either marksmanship or acrobatics will be the next one to pass 50...

are there any underwater caves or treasures to find? or would it be a serious waste to scour the ocean floors? plus, i think i am about to swim out to shivering isles soon... i've been too curious about the magical door that appeared in the middle of niben bay... plus, when i look at my stats, i noticed that there was a stat listed called, "shivering isles bounty" meaning, there's probably a whole 'nother world in there biggrin.gif... maybe this weekend i'll finally get out there... plus, there's also a new quest that launched out there in bravil that says a ghost wanders the shoreline, looking out towards the ocean, which is where shivering isles is... maybe i'll check into that quest first biggrin.gif...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Indy
post Mar 6 2009, 04:07 PM
Post #56

Vandal

What level are you?

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Mar 6 2009, 04:49 PM
Post #57

level 4, approaching level 5... but, i just bought some magic spells so, i am gonna go off and try to raise some of those skills before my next level up... i am not totally sure i am leveling up properly... the system is too fucking confusing for that so, i am just gonna hope that all goes well and enemies don't start getting tougher than me... i don't see what the problem is in selecting a skill that only grants +2 when leveling up... if you want to improve it, you should, even if it isn't a +5... make sense? biggrin.gif...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Mar 9 2009, 06:13 PM
Post #58

nice, got some of my magic skills up to apprentice biggrin.gif... now i can use the night vision spell, which is really kick ass!! definitely helps in the dark caves and ruins... now i can see some enemies without using a torch to tell them where i am...

also, i found a kick ass magical sword that deals a drainage of 20 points to endurance and willpower, got it off some guy i killed during a merchants quest given to you in imperial city... is there another way to recharge em besides using a soul gem? i can't find the "trap soul" spell from any spell merchants... also got a cool ring from this mission too that grants 15% protection against fire and frost...

closed my first oblivion gate too... and man, the road to kvatch was awesome!! the sky started turning red the closer i got, and the world inside the gate was fucking awesome!! the enemies were definitely tougher to deal with in there but, it was really cool... plus, i got a sigil stone or something like that, that can be used to enchant items... i might do that to my "black robe" i found on a dead priest in weynon priory biggrin.gif... it's now my main article of clothing, along with a brown hood, leather gauntlets and shoes... i'll switch to the chainmail armor if i am in a heated battle but, i like the robe... it gives my archer assassin the look he needs biggrin.gif...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Mar 9 2009, 06:15 PM

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Aug 11 2009, 05:14 PM
Post #59

Boss
Group Icon

Member No.: 40,397

I found the GOTY edition on Ebay for $15. Some wife was selling her husband's copy and misspelled "Oblivion" so it didn't have any bids. It was a nice little find.

I feel hella intimidated now. I'll probably start playing this week and from the sounds of it, never stop playing.
Achievements

+Quote Post
FuddMan
post Aug 11 2009, 05:31 PM
Post #60

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 1,351

Haha probably not. The hours really do slip by quickly in Oblivion, much more so that Fallout, because there's so much damned travelling.

--------------------
QUOTE (Psy)
Well, I must be honest, I do occasionally have the odd night off where I stick my fingers in as many pussy's as I can
php stands for psy humping pussy

zomg it's DuffMan's clone.
Achievements

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd September 2014 - 02:12 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4