post May 12 2010, 02:08 AM
Post #1

Hustler

Group: Staff
Member No.: 2,374
PSN Name: jamievxr

hey

just got a bunch of western movies on igns recommendation lol

just watched 3:10 to yuma 2007, thought it was actually quite goood lol.

got the magnificent seven, butch cassidy and the sundance kid, silverado, the professionals and the wild bunch to watch to keep my in the mood until rdr is out lol
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
zeeshan810
post May 12 2010, 02:21 AM
Post #2

Do Boy

Group: Members
Member No.: 35,945
XBL Gamertag: zeeshan810gta
PSN Name: zeeshan810_gta

Only 5 Days Left..(Canadian fans) tongue.gif

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
JamieMilne
post May 12 2010, 02:49 AM
Post #3

Hustler

9 days for me lol (uk). going into town tomorrow to pre order but lol
Achievements

+Quote Post
asthenia
post May 12 2010, 08:06 AM
Post #4

Psy is gay and stupid.
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 424
XBL Gamertag: aVarkatzas
PSN Name: Asthenia

QUOTE (JamieMilne @ May 12 2010, 03:49 AM) *
9 days for me lol (uk). going into town tomorrow to pre order but lol

8, technically. If you don't count the 21st.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post May 12 2010, 02:34 PM
Post #5

doesn't play well with others...

Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

i saw the wild bunch on monday, it's a great film and seemed like a great tie-in with RDR... i think everyone should watch it if they have the time, it's one of my favorite westerns now... and probably best represents the story and era of RDR...

i just watched the proposition last night and, it was OK... the wild bunch was 10x better IMO... this story was a little boring and slow moving... and really not much action at all... the wild bunch was loaded with action...

i plan on watching 3:10 to yuma (2007) and tombstone this weekend as i own those myself... but, there's still a few movies left for me to see through netflix... i plan on still seeing silverado, unforgiven, and "duck, you sucker!"... that last one is NOT a comedy, just in case you wondered...

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Indy
post May 12 2010, 04:55 PM
Post #6

Vandal

Member No.: 23,844

3:10 to Yuma is a sick movie. Feel like watching the wild bunch. Looks good.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
JamieMilne
post May 12 2010, 05:04 PM
Post #7

Hustler

after watching 3:10 to yuma (2007) i started to think. it would be cool in the game to go the way of christian bales character or russell crowes, which would actually work with the honour system.

i bought a western today, fairly new i think although ive never herd of it, staring pierce brosnan and liam neeson, called Seraphim Falls.

i plan on watching butch cassidy and hte sundance kid tonight though biggrin.gif
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post May 12 2010, 05:04 PM
Post #8

3:10 to yuma, the remake, is one of my all-time favorite westerns... it's really really good... great story and great acting... and yes, please do watch the wild bunch... you won't be disappointed... memorable characters and scenes... the mexican general had me lol'n every time he graced the screen laugh.gif...

EDIT: shit, i got another recent western to add to the list of movies to see... appaloosa... it's more about a sheriff and his life rather than a classic cowboy movie... but, ed harris and viggo are badass in the film... actually, i just checked the synopsis and they're travelling gunmen heading to appaloosa to help lay down the law... sorry... but, do see this one if you got the time...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: May 12 2010, 05:11 PM

--------------------

Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
JamieMilne
post May 12 2010, 05:40 PM
Post #9

Hustler

is unforgiven anygood ?
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post May 12 2010, 05:47 PM
Post #10

dunno, i heard it's good, that's why i am watching it (probably tomorrow night)... but then again, just about every clint eastwood western is worth watching... i just wish i could watch a bunch of them right now... AMC needs to do a western marathon or something...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: May 12 2010, 05:48 PM

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post May 12 2010, 07:48 PM
Post #11

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

From: Leichenstadt, State of Massacre, in the Warlord Empire
Member No.: 2,470
XBL Gamertag: WarlordMassacre
PSN Name: Warlord_Massacre

That one of the few Westerns I've actually seen. It's not bad.

--------------------
QUOTE (Darth Sexy @ Sep 12 2009, 03:43 AM) *
Massacre, you make me look like a rational, moral, kind person.
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Oct 26 2009, 01:22 PM) *
Massacre - What you've just posted is sick and disturbing...
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 17 2010, 04:22 PM) *
When Massacre is around, everything is violated... Whether it likes it or not.
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Mar 6 2011, 09:40 AM) *
Whenever I think of "human resources" Massacre immediately springs to mind.

Achievements

+Quote Post
Indy
post May 12 2010, 09:44 PM
Post #12

Vandal

Member No.: 23,844

Also, Brokeback Mountain.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post May 12 2010, 09:48 PM
Post #13

QUOTE (Indy @ May 12 2010, 05:44 PM) *

umm, isn't that about modern day cattle ranchers? huh.gif... but i could be wrong since i did not see the movie...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
asthenia
post May 13 2010, 08:30 AM
Post #14

Psy is gay and stupid.
Group Icon

QUOTE (Indy @ May 12 2010, 10:44 PM) *

Best darn Western of all time.
I wish I could quit you, bbe. sad.gif

You shut your whore mouth, bOnEs. mad.gif Shut it! mad.gif

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post May 13 2010, 03:20 PM
Post #15

i stole a photo from indy and ast's private collection...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
asthenia
post May 13 2010, 04:35 PM
Post #16

Psy is gay and stupid.
Group Icon

I wish Indy weren't so dead. sad.gif

-edit- All homophobia aside, Brokeback is a really good movie, if you're open minded, and to prove I'm not just some fag lording it up at some Hollywood movie (like gays wouldn't rather just watch free internet porn???), look at their other movies. They're great actors, and they act excellently in this.

This post has been edited by Asthenia: May 13 2010, 04:36 PM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post May 13 2010, 04:52 PM
Post #17

*facepalm*

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
asthenia
post May 13 2010, 06:50 PM
Post #18

Psy is gay and stupid.
Group Icon

Yeah I'd like you to facepalm me bbe.

WHAT, WHAT'D I SAY?

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post May 14 2010, 03:22 PM
Post #19

i saw "silverado" last night on netflix and the last half hour of "pale rider" on AMC too... and this morning before work, they were playing "the stalking moon"... "unforgiven" is supposedly playing tonight on AMC at 8pm EST in case anyone is interested... i rented this thru netflix so, i'll save it for the weekend with no commercials biggrin.gif...

but, silverado was a good film... danny glover, kevin kline, kevin costner, john cleese, jeff goldblum, linda hunt, scott glenn... a good cast of characters... and hell yea, pale rider is good too... i've seen pale rider a bunch of times and it's one of clint eastwood's better westerns... it plays again today at 2:30pm EST on AMC if anyone is interested in that as well...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: May 14 2010, 03:26 PM

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
ViceMan
post May 14 2010, 04:59 PM
Post #20

Pessimistic nihilistic.

Member No.: 10,896
PSN Name: ViceyThaShizzle

I think that 3:10 to Yuma film is on this Sunday on channel Five. (Coincidence?) Might give it a watch, even if it has got Russell Crowe and Christian Bale in it.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th August 2014 - 08:31 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4