trathen93
post Apr 19 2009, 12:12 PM
Post #21

LFC

Group: Members
Member No.: 39,835
PSN Name: trathen

QUOTE(Marneyless @ Apr 19 2009, 03:51 AM) [snapback]1496965[/snapback]
Isn't this the second hand held game? And the last one didn't sell well either, if I remember right.

ye, im sure they did a top down one for the advance, that was a poor game, I remeber picking it up for 99p a few yeaars back in GAME.
it looks like most reviews were positive ,but I didn't like it

--------------------

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kuwong
post Apr 19 2009, 01:41 PM
Post #22

Pickpocket

Member No.: 870

They should never have expected it to do well, afterall it wasn't long ago they marketed ps2 quality GTA graphics on a handheld. Sure the controls were a bit buggy, but to go from that to 2D GTA. It's basically the budget version of GTA, and a poor one at that

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Qdeathstar
post Apr 19 2009, 01:48 PM
Post #23

My Penis, Your ass. Lets go.
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 14

what the should do so the game doesn't become a total waste is release it for xbox live and psn...

I'd but it....

I'm surprised that Take Two didn't evaluate this before deciding to make the game, i mean does anyone really really buy a console for ONE GAME. I highly doubt that any more. I mean you could say you bought the Xbox360 just for halo but really you bought it for halo, the fact that you like playing online, and the fact that FPS are better on the Xbox due to the controller... so three things.

--------------------

Seether - Country Song
Download Now

QUOTE (Massacre @ Aug 26 2010, 04:28 PM) *
I've found it's impossible to be more human than human. Inhuman, however, is easy.

Achievements

+Quote Post
Psy
post Apr 19 2009, 11:12 PM
Post #24

You'll Never Walk Alone
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1
XBL Gamertag: Psyware
PSN Name: Psycopsy
Xfire Identity: Psyware

To be honest the fact they were demoing the game all over the country, and released tons of details and videos about it, made it pretty clear that they weren't expecting many people to buy it. They probably did more marketing for Chinatown Wars than they did for GTA4 in a way because they knew GTA4 would sell by reputation alone whereas a game for the DS wouldn't appeal to anywhere near as many people.

I have the game and I think it's awesome, although I can't seem to play it for more than an hour or two without getting somewhat bored. They did a great job with it, it's just a shame it's for the DS because if it was on PSP (albeit without the touch screen functions) it would have sold a lot more.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Pieface
post Apr 19 2009, 11:32 PM
Post #25

Jailbird
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 23,545

QUOTE(Psy @ Apr 20 2009, 12:12 AM) [snapback]1497154[/snapback]
To be honest the fact they were demoing the game all over the country, and released tons of details and videos about it, made it pretty clear that they weren't expecting many people to buy it. They probably did more marketing for Chinatown Wars than they did for GTA4 in a way because they knew GTA4 would sell by reputation alone whereas a game for the DS wouldn't appeal to anywhere near as many people.

I have the game and I think it's awesome, although I can't seem to play it for more than an hour or two without getting somewhat bored. They did a great job with it, it's just a shame it's for the DS because if it was on PSP (albeit without the touch screen functions) it would have sold a lot more.

If it was put on the PSP though then people would most likely complain about the graphics. It's a very tough thing knowing fully what caused the failure of this game and there are many what ifs with the game. Rockstar seems like they got a lot wrong with this game though, but lets wait and see what fully happens.

--------------------
YES I don't play Xbox 360 anymore.

Add me on steam BITCHES. Pieface876
Achievements

+Quote Post
Skinny 
post Apr 20 2009, 05:20 AM
Post #26

Member No.: 38,184

This was clearly going to happen. Most people with a DS are just little kids... their parents wouldn't buy them the game. As QD said, they should'probably just release it for Xbox Live and PSN, I would pay for it (albeit, very little).

--------------------
=D
Achievements

+Quote Post
Psy
post Apr 20 2009, 07:48 AM
Post #27

You'll Never Walk Alone
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1
XBL Gamertag: Psyware
PSN Name: Psycopsy
Xfire Identity: Psyware

The game won't work on anything but the DS though, that's the problem. It's been physically made for that console.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Heartless
post Apr 20 2009, 08:05 AM
Post #28

The universe goes on forever and we are alone
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,164

QUOTE(QMarney(we @ Apr 19 2009, 09:48 AM) [snapback]1497038[/snapback]
what the should do so the game doesn't become a total waste is release it for xbox live and psn...

I'd but it....

I'm surprised that Take Two didn't evaluate this before deciding to make the game, i mean does anyone really really buy a console for ONE GAME. I highly doubt that any more. I mean you could say you bought the Xbox360 just for halo but really you bought it for halo, the fact that you like playing online, and the fact that FPS are better on the Xbox due to the controller... so three things.

I bought a PS2 to pretty much play the GTA games, and I bought the rest just to make myself feel like I hadn't wasted money. Instead, I found myself wasting more money. I'm liable to pick up next gen consoles for GTA, but the DS wouldn't be on my list unless it comes free with the game.

--------------------

QUOTE (Qdeathstar @ Mar 13 2009, 01:45 AM) *
The reason is that when heartless says something stupid, he really means it and believes it.

“They refer to me as an uneducated barbarian. Yes, we are barbarians. We want to be barbarians, it is an honored title to us. We shall rejuvenate the world. This world is near its end.”

Die Zeiten haben sich geändert.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Qdeathstar
post Apr 21 2009, 06:40 PM
Post #29

My Penis, Your ass. Lets go.
Group Icon

Member No.: 14

QUOTE(Marneyless @ Apr 20 2009, 08:05 AM) [snapback]1497253[/snapback]
I bought a PS2 to pretty much play the GTA games, and I bought the rest just to make myself feel like I hadn't wasted money. Instead, I found myself wasting more money. I'm liable to pick up next gen consoles for GTA, but the DS wouldn't be on my list unless it comes free with the game.

2 things.

1. Plural. You said games. I said game.

2. I said any more... back when you bought the ps2 things were different. There are far less exclusive games anymore because developers are that stupid anymore.

QUOTE(trathen @ Apr 18 2009, 02:26 PM) [snapback]1496818[/snapback]
Ive got GTA CW but I didn't pay for it, i simply downloaded it and put it on my r4. its free and easy. it takes less time to download it than it would to go and buy it (if I had the money) i wouldn't pay £25 for this game but im happy to get it for free

no warez talk..

--------------------

Seether - Country Song
Download Now

QUOTE (Massacre @ Aug 26 2010, 04:28 PM) *
I've found it's impossible to be more human than human. Inhuman, however, is easy.

Achievements

+Quote Post
psychø
post Apr 21 2009, 08:58 PM
Post #30

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 1,279

I would say it is the DS fan base that isn't really a GTA fan base, it is younger kids and older people, I would say the 16-30 age group is kind of missing, either getting a PSP or just not bothering, I can't say I have ever been interested in a handheld not even because of the games on it, I mean what's the point in them, you can just listen to music and normally they are too small to hold for a long trip anyway.

--------------------

Dragonfly
Achievements

+Quote Post
FailSafe
post Apr 23 2009, 12:35 AM
Post #31

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 11,952

I own a DS but im not paying £30 for a DS game :). I'll buy it used from ebay. £20 is the max i'll pay £10 would be prefered.

Its hella awesome though.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2014 - 12:24 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4