Post #62

Boss
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 40,397

QUOTE (marney1 @ Jan 4 2010, 04:47 PM) *
What's RDX?

Remote explosives.

I need these. I haven't gotten them yet, but it sounds like you place them like dynamite, then detonate them remotely.
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Jan 4 2010, 09:52 PM
Post #63

Godfather
Group Icon

Member No.: 48,547

QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Jan 4 2010, 09:48 PM) *
What's RDX?

Remote explosives.

I need these. I haven't gotten them yet, but it sounds like you place them like dynamite, then detonate them remotely.

I read in the tutorials something about having a chain of exploives going off together maybe this is what's needed?
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Jan 4 2010, 09:55 PM
Post #64

Boss
Group Icon

QUOTE (marney1 @ Jan 4 2010, 04:52 PM) *
What's RDX?

Remote explosives.

I read in the tutorials something about having a chain of exploives going off together maybe this is what's needed?

Probably, I am interested to see WHEN you get the RDX.

Supposedly, it can be unlocked by blowing up 5 Nazi vehicles in 60 seconds.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Jan 4 2010, 09:56 PM
Post #65

Godfather
Group Icon

QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Jan 4 2010, 09:55 PM) *
What's RDX?

Remote explosives.

That sounds difficult.
Then again there's a perk to enable faster planting of explosives.

This post has been edited by marney1: Jan 4 2010, 10:00 PM
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Jan 4 2010, 10:00 PM
Post #66

Boss
Group Icon

QUOTE (marney1 @ Jan 4 2010, 04:56 PM) *
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Jan 4 2010, 09:55 PM) *
What's RDX?

Remote explosives.

That sounds difficult.

Yeah, the guide I posted says 300 seconds... not sure though.
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Jan 4 2010, 10:01 PM
Post #67

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

- Stealth kill 5 Nazi Generals: Take out his 2 Bodyguards with the silenced Pistol(or any other way you see fit) and then approach the General from behind while sneaking with no one else around.

actually, all you have to do is walk right past those two guards in nazi gear... you can usually get to the general just before the guards behind him turn hostile... i only have one more to kill to unlock the "one punch" perk... but, you do have to sneak up on him so, you'll have to walk past the guards from behind...

i will use the silver and gold perks on these car collectathons though... i can remember from past GTA games how much of a bitch it is to find these vehicles as they are usually random...

- Destroy 20 Nazi Vehicles with 1 Vehicle: A great tip is using an AA Gun to blow up Nazi vehicles as it counts as vehicle for some reason.

also, the barracks looking truck can be used for this (the ones you see at the oil depots)... i high-jacked one of these and noticed that if you hit a nazi vehicle smaller than it, it will explode kinda like what happened to the police in GTA when you high-jacked a tank...

the last evasion one might be a tough one... i don't even think i've gotten anything higher than a level 3 yet... and i don't have a single sniper perk yet because, i only used it for that one mission... plus, that damn gun is too expensive right now and, i see no use for it yet...

question: how do you know what level the alarms are at? i have yet to figure that one out...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Jan 4 2010, 10:03 PM

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Jan 4 2010, 10:15 PM
Post #68

Godfather
Group Icon

I love this game but I just want to get these things off my chest;

*Nazi's in semi prone positions with their weapons pointing through a wall.
*Dead bodies sometimes do a Neo (mid air stills).
*I saw a tank bouncing wildly between a tree and a wall (similar to cars bouncing in GTA4 MP).
*I ran to catch up with a nazi so I could snipe him in the back of the head but when I looked through the sight he'd vanished. Sometimes happens with the red blips too just as you're about to look round a corner.
*Waterfalls run like there's a landslide behind them (too fast).
*Scrolling is sometimes jittery when next to a structure.

I love the game for what it is though and feel horrible for mentioning those things as they could just be one-offs but I hope they sort them out if they make a sequel.
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Jan 4 2010, 10:29 PM
Post #69

Boss
Group Icon

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Jan 4 2010, 05:01 PM) *
question: how do you know what level the alarms are at? i have yet to figure that one out...

It should say in your bottom left hand corner. When you get an alarm (outside of a Base Alarm) it says Alarm 1. Kill a few Nazis/vehicles/structures while your in alarm and your alarm will increase (larger spread of WANTED area) and the display should change to Alarm 2, 3, 4, etc.

I've gotten up to Alarm 5 once, after the mission where you can use the AA gun to blow up the supply trucks. I just stayed in the AA blowing up vehicles, zeppelins and eventually planes. There was no escaping the Nazis though once the planes showed up. One spray of their bullets did me in quick.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Jan 4 2010, 10:36 PM
Post #70

Godfather
Group Icon

I couldn't figure alarm levels out either but now I do - nice one. Planes! Why the fuck haven't I given planes a thought?
While roaming I've come across some mean looking missiles in their launch position and I think I saw a V2, stayed well away though because I was just gathering intelligence. evil (15).gif
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Jan 4 2010, 10:36 PM
Post #71

thanks stoic, i needed to know that... i really had no clue what level i was getting up to... now i wonder how far i got on one of my non-save rampages when i literally couldn't find the end of the search zone... maybe that was level 5... i was driving in my race car so, i don't know if i was being chased by planes or not...

--------

@ marney - yea, there's a laundry list of things i laughed at due to glitchy shit... one was the same as yours where a tank spawned and bounced between trees... the funny part was, the tank killed the guards standing around it when it bounced around laugh.gif... there's been quite a few times where i've approached a sniper tower, only to find out, there was no sniper in the nest, or guards near the oil reserves...

i got the same one stoic mentioned earlier in this thread where a courier ran up to me backwards, lol laugh.gif...

but, the great far outweighs the bad with this game... it's one of those rare games that aren't unplayable with the glitches... it must be a pandemic thing because, the mercenaries 2 glitches were too much to deal with... it's nice to see they at least improved most aspects from that game... i'm sure it runs on the same engine so, THANK YOU for listening to the complaints from mercs 2...

--------------------

Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Jan 4 2010, 10:40 PM
Post #72

Godfather
Group Icon

LOL I got that messenger too, thought he'd had a cheerleader flu shot or something.

Have you seen the burning bodies and dead dogs in the street? Have you, HAVE YOU? Those Nazi's are gonna pay!

This post has been edited by marney1: Jan 4 2010, 10:44 PM
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Jan 4 2010, 10:48 PM
Post #73

Boss
Group Icon

I've seen bodies - but no dogs... HOW DARE THEY!

Sean is a blood thirsty member of PETA.
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Jan 4 2010, 10:52 PM
Post #74

haven't seen those yet but then again, i haven't exactly explored much... i've been around but, not deep into nazi-occupied areas...

i like how the jews try to fight back against the nazi's in areas with strong resistance... they punch-kick-punch and the guard hits 'em with the butt of their gun and they're down for the count laugh.gif... they try but, i've watched a nazi take out 4-5 civilians by himself... i watched one civilian run over a nazi with his car... he stopped, the nazi got up so, he took off, lol laugh.gif...

there's some pretty funny stuff out there if you just wander the streets...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Jan 4 2010, 10:54 PM
Post #75

Godfather
Group Icon

I can't believe I was up all last night playing this (been awake about 30 hours) and now I'm not playing it I'm talking about it. Those negative critics have got something to answer for.

The dogs were on the ground surrounded by a huge amount of blood at the entrance to what looked like a huge nazi complex, not sure where because I haven't got the hang of the place names yet. Oh hang on - they might be near where the Foreign Legion prisoners were.
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Jan 4 2010, 11:01 PM
Post #76

QUOTE (marney1 @ Jan 4 2010, 05:54 PM) *
I can't believe I was up all last night playing this (been awake about 30 hours) and now I'm not playing it I'm talking about it. Those negative critics have got something to answer for.

dude, that's like me, massacre, synch and stoic all talking about fallout 3... staying up all night playing it and spending the next afternoon talking about it... but, me and stoic are at work so, at least we're making money while we waste time talking about it biggrin.gif...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Jan 4 2010, 11:05 PM
Post #77

Godfather
Group Icon

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Jan 4 2010, 11:01 PM) *

dude, that's like me, massacre, synch and stoic all talking about fallout 3... staying up all night playing it and spending the next afternoon talking about it... but, me and stoic are at work so, at least we're making money while we waste time talking about it biggrin.gif...

I do most of my work from home and the lads aren't needed 'til next week so I'm lucky because I'd be losing customers because of this game. Then again I get by on about 4 or 5 hours sleep most nights anyway.

OMG now I'm talking about talking about it.

This post has been edited by marney1: Jan 4 2010, 11:06 PM
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Jan 5 2010, 03:41 PM
Post #78

Boss
Group Icon

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Jan 4 2010, 06:01 PM) *

dude, that's like me, massacre, synch and stoic all talking about fallout 3... staying up all night playing it and spending the next afternoon talking about it... but, me and stoic are at work so, at least we're making money while we waste time talking about it

I didn't see this post before I left yesterday afternoon, but yes. I'm very into this game, ALMOST as much as I was Fallout. ALMOST.

Before I get to the Saboteur related post, just an update: I took my 360 into Gamestop last night for a trade in. It worked long enough for them to issue me a $100 trade-in for it ($80 for the system + $20 promo). I also traded in a few games and got another promotion for an extra $20 on top of the weak TIV of the games. Anyway, I ended up with about $150 in store credit and I also had a $25 gift card from Grams. Yada, yada, yada, I ended up getting a brand new 360 for $32 out of pocket. I was home playing the Saboteur by 9PM.

Last night was a BIG night for me in Saboteur. I finally got to complete the Chemical Factory mission that damned my old 360 console. I have to say I love the free-roaming ability of the game. During the Chemical Factory mission, I was able to dish some destruction and then retreat if needed or leave the area completely to refill weapons, etc. I also managed to find along the backside of the Factory, the Stiegfaus MKII, the first rocket launcher available. It only holds 2 rockets, but it is a lot of fun and extremely deadly. After completing the mission, I had enough contraband to buy the Stiegfaus and the rocket ammo upgrade which gave me a whopping ONE extra rocket.

After that, I did a couple more side missions. One had me assassinating a general who had multiple decoys before he could meet with another general. I was given a sniper rifle to help identify him and my first run through, I shot him right between the eyes. However during my daring escape, I fell off the building I was sniping from and died upon impact. Smooth. Thanks to the delightful "RETRY" option, I was placed back atop my sniper perch - ready to make the kill again. This time I identified the general, then switched to the Stiegfaus and blew every Nazi in the plaza to shit. "And at this range, I'm a real Frederick Zoller."

The other had me sabotaging a plaza where Zeppelins were being supplied with weapons and fuel to support the Nazis in Africa. The mission was similar to the Chemical Factory; destroy these specific targets, except some were zeppelins. I found an AA gun and made short work of most of the targets, however there was one zeppelin across the plaza which was "immune" to AA fire. I was firing straight at it, multiple times, yet it wasn't exploding. My wanted level attracted the patrolling zeppelins - which were BEHIND the indestructible zeppelin target which I was able to blow up with the AA gun. I had to jump out of my AA gun and blow it up with the Stieghaus at close range. Not that big of a glitch, more of a bitch, I suppose.

Anyway, between those missions and tons of freeplay sabotage, I managed to get enough contraband to buy the Silver and Gold Perks for the Mechanic. The price of those perks are 2000 and 3000, respectively. Speaking of Mechanic perks, if you haven't the Bronze Mechanic Perk is probably one of the best ones. Collect 5 civilian cars, you unlock "The Altair", a bad ass race car. I also purchased a perk from the store which spawns a merchant whenever you use the getaway feature. Pretty handy, especially in the dark areas where there is no base close by.

As of 1AM last night, I had completed 47% of the missions and 20% of the freeplay. I've kissed 2 girls, saved 4 civilians from the Nazis, killed 87 civilians myself (12 more than the Nazis - I might add). Tell me, who's the real monster here?

Great game. Great FUCKING game.
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Jan 5 2010, 04:37 PM
Post #79

cool to see everything worked out for you with the 360...

i too got a lot of shit done last night... however, i must be right where you are at... my last mission i did was the one where you had to break that guy out of a high security prison... this prison was surrounded by nazi's, tons of nazi's... but, i managed to do that mission without ever alerting the guards... it was pretty slick biggrin.gif... it involved a nazi costume, one explosive charge, stealth killing two guards and a casual walk out the front door with the prisoner... i was surprised how easy that was because, i had a hell of a time trying to do that mission guns a blazin'...

but, i'm about where you are at... i'm at about 50% done with missions and about 13% done with freeplay... i did a couple of races last night too, which unlock some new cars in the garage... dierker's car is pretty sweet... it's the only car i've seen where if you enter a nazi-occupied area, the back of the car glows red biggrin.gif... it's the only car i see that had color in a colorless area... but, the altair car is still better...

did you know sean takes a sip off a pint sometimes? i had just gotten my checkpoint papers when he busted out a pint of whiskey and took a swig off it... i wish there was a button to make him drink like there's a button to make him smoke laugh.gif... that's the only time i've seen him do it...

i had some wasted sessions at the end of the night though... twice i lost a half-hours work on destroying nazi shit... this happened because, i failed to save before trying to take out a few things at once... both times i died and had to reload... however, on the last reload, i just said "take me to HQ"... i took the loss of explosives and weapons because, i didn't want to lose all that work again... it doesn't hurt as bad as you'd think... explosives are cheap and the weapons are free if you've purchased them already... it's just a minor inconvenience... not as bad as the game made you think it was near the beginning...

what else... well, i guess that's enough for now... ohh, i unlocked the tommy gun and rocket launcher... i haven't purchased the latter yet but, i will soon enough... i'm anxious to take out a zepplin in mid-air biggrin.gif... and i also unlocked a bunch of perks as well... i'd say maybe 5 i unlocked last night... pretty productive evening biggrin.gif...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Jan 5 2010, 04:43 PM

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Jan 5 2010, 04:45 PM
Post #80

Boss
Group Icon

I haven't seen Sean drink yet.

I had attempted the mission where you break the guy out of jail, yet I couldn't find a way inside the building. I tried numerous times and kept getting noticed, even while disguised. That's when I went to doing side missions.

Also, I thought I'd be crafty and figure out a way to destroy 10 Nazi vehicles in 300 seconds - by pulling Nazi vehicles out of my garage. Looks like it only allows you to pull out one at a time (that's what she said), so that idea is busted.

Where are the races? Are they part of a mission? Haven't found those yet.
Achievements

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th December 2014 - 01:06 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4