IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> First thing to do if you are having problems!
Qdeathstar
post Jun 11 2005, 05:11 AM
Post #1

My Penis, Your ass. Lets go.
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 14

Make sure that your Sound Card/Video card Drivers are Up to date.

You can check this by going to your soundcard/video card vendor and searching to the most up-to-date driver.

This post has been edited by The Demon: Jun 12 2005, 01:30 AM

--------------------

Seether - Country Song
Download Now

QUOTE (Massacre @ Aug 26 2010, 04:28 PM) *
I've found it's impossible to be more human than human. Inhuman, however, is easy.

Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sparx
post Jun 11 2005, 07:10 PM
Post #2

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,619

what about if its a display problem, which seems to be the most prominent problem? i dont think the audio drivers would be related to that at all. ya think?
Achievements

+Quote Post
zanespeak
post Jun 11 2005, 11:01 PM
Post #3

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 12,690

QUOTE(sparx @ Jun 11 2005, 03:10 PM)
what about if its a display problem, which seems to be the most prominent problem? i dont think the audio drivers would be related to that at all. ya think?
[right][snapback]675202[/snapback][/right]

That's probably why he mentioned display drivers.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Shelkad
post Jun 13 2005, 10:32 AM
Post #4

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 12,567

If your game crash when you try to acess advanced Display option, i recommand to get Omega Drivers just here ===> OmegaDrivers

It don't work all the time, but i see more than 80% person who have this problem to solve it with that.

This post has been edited by Shelkad: Jun 13 2005, 10:33 AM
Achievements

+Quote Post
Meitnerium
post Jun 13 2005, 12:11 PM
Post #5

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 13,268

I bought my motherboard in 2002 and it seems thet there is no newer drivers for her. I have MSI ms-6399 (Intel 845 Brookdale). What should I do?

GTA SA runs very slow on lowest configuration (640x480, low detail) on my Pentium 4 2.0, 768 mb ram, Radeon 9800 pro.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Keyser Soze
post Jun 14 2005, 01:03 AM
Post #6

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 13,498

@Threadstarter - A small suggestion to add to "First things to do if having problems".

It seems that Win98 compatability mode can fix several issues with this game. For me it improved framerates, fixed minor sound bugs and stopped the vorbis.dll error crash. I've read in other threads that it seemed to fix mouse issues as well. Who knows what else it could clear up. I can't believe I didn't try this earlier, I've had to do it with a few tempermental games in the past.

--------------------
user posted image
Achievements

+Quote Post
sparx
post Jun 14 2005, 07:54 PM
Post #7

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 12,619

how do you run the game in that mode?
Achievements

+Quote Post
vL4D1
post Jun 14 2005, 09:41 PM
Post #8

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 13,850

Rigth click on shortcut to game -> properties -> campatability tab -> run this program under windows 98 compability

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
StefanGutten
post Jun 16 2005, 03:48 PM
Post #9

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 14,314

I have now installed a new XP (with SP2 and the newest DirectX), downloaded all the newest drivers for my graphics card, motherboard etc, newest BIOS, installed the patch and run compatability mode, and the game still crashes and reboots the system after 5-20 minutes.
Anyone have any bright ideas, or am I destined to never play San Andreas on a PC?
Achievements

+Quote Post
halflife25
post Jun 17 2005, 05:44 PM
Post #10

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 14,497

QUOTE(StefanGutten @ Jun 16 2005, 11:48 AM)
I have now installed a new XP (with SP2 and the newest DirectX), downloaded all the newest drivers for my graphics card, motherboard etc, newest BIOS, installed the patch and run compatability mode, and the game still crashes and reboots the system after 5-20 minutes.
Anyone have any bright ideas, or am I destined to never play San Andreas on a PC?
[right][snapback]685767[/snapback][/right]

Im having the same problem, works great for five ten min. then my computer reboots and it tells me i recovered from a serious error ohmy.gif seems like it did that to me a few years back when i bought vice city until rockstar had an update patch.

This post has been edited by halflife25: Jun 17 2005, 05:45 PM
Achievements

+Quote Post
artwu
post Jun 18 2005, 12:27 AM
Post #11

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 14,099

There's a patch????
Achievements

+Quote Post
Kassa D
post Jun 18 2005, 12:07 PM
Post #12

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 14,665

Yeah i'm having exactly the same problem. 5 or so min in, my computer restarts and says there was an error etc. I've downloaded the latest Driver for my graphics card (ATI Radeon 9600) and it STILL doesn't work. I also had this problem with Vice. Do you reckon they'll bring out a patch to fix San Andreas too?... I hope so.
Achievements

+Quote Post
choburen
post Jun 18 2005, 08:36 PM
Post #13

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 14,811

QUOTE(Kassa D @ Jun 18 2005, 01:07 PM)
Yeah i'm having exactly the same problem.  5 or so min in, my computer restarts and says there was an error etc.  I've downloaded the latest Driver for my graphics card (ATI Radeon 9600) and it STILL doesn't work.  I also had this problem with Vice.  Do you reckon they'll bring out a patch to fix San Andreas too?...  I hope so.
[right][snapback]688419[/snapback][/right]

Im having exactly the same shit as u guys, and their recommended specs to play the game are half of what i have!! God knows what performance they tested the game under. I thought my pc would eat this game up! I hope a patch comes out soon, or else ill be dustin off my ps2!!
Achievements

+Quote Post
phill
post Jun 20 2005, 04:49 PM
Post #14

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 15,311

i have the same prob ... really annoying! what have they done all the time ?? you can't sell a game that doesn't run! i can't understand that. besides that my (original!!) dvd isn't identified proberly by the game. isn't starforce used? but for this problem there are some solutions... biggrin.gif
Achievements

+Quote Post
roey
post Jun 20 2005, 06:51 PM
Post #15

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 15,336

i also have this annoying problem! mad.gif does anyone have a solution that works? wallbash_red.gif does anyone managed to deal with this problem???
Achievements

+Quote Post
phill
post Jun 20 2005, 07:49 PM
Post #16

Upstanding Citizen

!!!!i read it in another catagory!!! you have to put the sound hardware acceleration of directx to "minimum" or "base" or sth. (i got the german version). so:

-run dxdiag (startmenue -> run)

-activate tab "sound"

-turn the bar "sound-hardware-acceleration" (or similiar) from maximum to 1/4 -> "minimum"

aditionally you have to enable to compability mode for win 98.

that's it!
it runs!!!

the only prob i got is cancling after about 1.5 hours (man, much longer than ever before!), i was at the end of the bike-mission with BigSmoke against the russians, the game shut down, windows error:"the program caused an ... error and has to be shut down".

but hey! ... it work pretty long.

TRY OUT AND SPREAD!

This post has been edited by phill: Jun 20 2005, 07:50 PM
Achievements

+Quote Post
Antwelm
post Jun 21 2005, 11:59 AM
Post #17

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 15,547

QUOTE(phill @ Jun 21 2005, 07:49 AM)
that's it!
it runs!!!

the only prob i got is cancling after about 1.5 hours (man, much longer than ever before!), i was at the end of the bike-mission with BigSmoke against the russians, the game shut down, windows error:"the program caused an ... error and has to be shut down".

but hey! ... it work pretty long.

stupid.gif LOL smile.gif U really have an interesting logic.

If your car automatically crashed every hour, would you drive it? Or rave about the fact that it works? wallbash_red.gif

Ok, back to sense;

Im having crash trouble too. And I have a nVidia (GeForce4 Ti 4400) card, so to all those that think this is ATI only, wish it was that well.

I installed, loaded and playd for about 5 min clap.gif until bluescreen and IRQL fault. lamo.gif

Oh well, I cant play BF2 (also released right now) either, so.... scooter.gif
Achievements

+Quote Post
phill
post Jun 21 2005, 12:17 PM
Post #18

Upstanding Citizen

it crashes even with the "repair kit"? that's really hard! by the way i played just before about 2 hours and: no problems! seems to work pretty well.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Tuco
post Jun 23 2005, 02:16 AM
Post #19

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 15,033

The game crashes my system too. I guess if they want to release a game that crashes itself after 5-15 minutes of gameplay that is fine, who needs more than 15 minutes anyway? But I take offense to it crashing my whole damned system. If they don't release a patch soon to address this issue I guess I'll just never buy another game for the PC, even though consoles suck. If only there was another way to get PC games without paying for them, then we wouldn't have to support developers who release buggy products.

For those curious I am running a P-4 3.2 GHz with a Radeon 9800. My drivers are all up to date, and every other game I have played on this system has worked just swimmingly. I refuse to format and reinstall for one damned game, I just want a patch so I can get what a paid for, however late.

Achievements

+Quote Post
doh
post Jun 23 2005, 03:58 PM
Post #20

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 16,011

i have same problems but only sometimes. I read that changing monitor from plug'n'play to the actual one helps, which it did and also built new system yesterday usin via chipset and old nvidia 5700SE and it works perfect on that. My P4 3600 freezes but can be reset by tapping cntrl+alt+reset bout 10 times in succession. If you click on the tab to reopen game, it works perfect from where it froze!! Sent all crash reports to ati to see if they can help.
smile.gif
Achievements

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd September 2014 - 06:40 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4