post Oct 4 2009, 07:32 PM
Post #141

Still Standing
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 439
PSN Name: BushkaUK

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Oct 4 2009, 05:18 PM) *
the experience of anchorage was good... i like the add-on but, the one thing that kept it from being awesome was the amount of times i had to re-boot the PS3... this is by far, the buggiest add-on so far... it froze up 4 times, and i had to reload the autosave where you are talking to general jingwei because, my guy glitched into this area and was standing about 2 feet off the ground... the general wouldn't come talk to me... eventually, after like the 10th time of re-loading, he talked to me... and there were numerous other slow-downs as well where i thought it was about to freeze... this brought the whole experience down to a crashing halt...

I also have had my ps3 freeze on me a few times, but that was with Broken Steel and The Pitt... I wonder why it is so buggy... Bad conversion most likely, I know it is hard to convert games to ps3 format.

--------------------
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Oct 4 2009, 08:41 PM
Post #142

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

three re-boots for broken steel, one for the pitt, and 5 for O:A... maybe i should install firmware 3.01 and see if that helps... could be a PS3 thing but, it could very well be a bethesda thing too...it was buggy on the xbox and converting it to the PS3 probably caused a new set of problems...

i don't really care though... it's not enough to make me put the controller down laugh.gif...

the tribal power armor is something i'm gonna strive for... the +15 AP is reason enough biggrin.gif... i'll give ashur's to charon or cross (good file) so we can roam around in some unique power armors... but, i also have the t-51b's too now... those are unique...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Oct 4 2009, 08:42 PM

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
§ynch
post Oct 5 2009, 03:53 PM
Post #143

Riff-Raff
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,395
XBL Gamertag: synchronizer
PSN Name: alpha male
Xfire Identity: XFire it up

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Oct 4 2009, 01:41 PM) *
three re-boots for broken steel, one for the pitt, and 5 for O:A... maybe i should install firmware 3.01 and see if that helps... could be a PS3 thing but, it could very well be a bethesda thing too...it was buggy on the xbox and converting it to the PS3 probably caused a new set of problems...

You may have answered your own question.

I never had these buggy problems on 360 Elite, and
Dupz is right about converting for PS3.

When you say version - you guys better keep your
PS3's up to date. I always run the current
version of the game on 360 Elite, and PC.

Also I have any XBL/G4WL updates or patches already installed.
The game should be at v1.5 minimum before installing the DLC's.

I never had all those re boots and such.

--------------------
QUOTE (Massacre @ Sep 18 2009, 09:59 PM) *
Apparently, Synch does acid rather than smoking weed...
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Oct 6 2009, 12:05 PM) *
synch is a fucking walking fallout 3 wikipedia lol...
Achievements

+Quote Post
TheAnalogKid2112
post Oct 5 2009, 06:01 PM
Post #144

Oh boy! Oberto! Penis! Bundt cake! D-O's Can

Group: Members
Member No.: 39,933
PSN Name: TheAnalogKid2112

My game hasn't froze once. It just lags OCCASIONALLY. No reboots. I think you need to install the new update, bOnEs.

Starting the Pitt right now. Just got the distress signal. Hope I like the pack!

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Oct 5 2009, 08:03 PM
Post #145

pack extremely light, analog... only bring a couple of your best weapons... your going to need all the available weight to haul a bunch of gear back home... there's lots to get in the pitt so, only bring two good weapons and don't bring any armor because, you'll find plenty to wear in the pitt...

yea, i'll install 3.01 and see if that helps later today... O:A didn't freeze on me yesterday when i went through it on my evil file... that's a good sign biggrin.gif... it did however freeze up when i did the broken steel quest where you have to deal with split jack... it just lags at times, and the lag is enough sometimes to just lock up on me... it's happened on rare occasions before the add-ons but, it's becoming more of an occurrence now with the add-ons installed...

--------------------

Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
TheAnalogKid2112
post Oct 5 2009, 08:40 PM
Post #146

Oh boy! Oberto! Penis! Bundt cake! D-O's Can

Group: Members
Member No.: 39,933
PSN Name: TheAnalogKid2112

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Oct 5 2009, 01:03 PM) *
pack extremely light, analog... only bring a couple of your best weapons... your going to need all the available weight to haul a bunch of gear back home... there's lots to get in the pitt so, only bring two good weapons and don't bring any armor because, you'll find plenty to wear in the pitt...

Wow. I brought like 200 pounds of shit.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Oct 5 2009, 09:56 PM
Post #147

umm, that was stupid laugh.gif... did you not read any guides beforehand? i brought 43 lbs with my good character, and i am currently playing my evil one here at the pitt and he brought 58 pounds (w/ chinese stealth armor)... if you haven't crossed the bridge and entered the pitt, i suggest travelling back home... or drop a bunch of shit you don't care about... your in quite the pickle if your already inside the pitt laugh.gif...

i suggest not grabbing more than 10 ignots in the steelyard because, they will weight you down and you won't have the inventory for more equipment that you receive from collecting more ignots... just make sure you have enough room for the infiltrator (8 lbs. i think)... you can always come back for the ignot collecting...

what did you bring that weighed so much? everything, lol?... if you have a save from just before you entered the pitt or took on the pitt questline, i would suggest reloading that... you won't lose much, maybe an hour but, you won't have to spend 2 hours micro-managing your inventory laugh.gif...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Oct 5 2009, 10:21 PM

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Qdeathstar
post Oct 6 2009, 04:45 AM
Post #148

My Penis, Your ass. Lets go.
Group Icon

Member No.: 14

in the robotics factory, when it says "not enough power" do to the basic commands after putting the memory chip in, is there a way to have enough power?

--------------------

Seether - Country Song
Download Now

QUOTE (Massacre @ Aug 26 2010, 04:28 PM) *
I've found it's impossible to be more human than human. Inhuman, however, is easy.

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Oct 6 2009, 01:14 PM
Post #149

i don't follow.... are you doing the wasteland survival guide and are at the robco factory? or are you talking about something with mothership zeta or point lookout?

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
§ynch
post Oct 6 2009, 04:38 PM
Post #150

Riff-Raff
Group Icon

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Oct 6 2009, 06:14 AM) *
i don't follow.... are you doing the wasteland survival guide and are at the robco factory?

or are you talking about something with mothership zeta or point lookout?

It's not Point Lookout, he probably means the Wasteland Survival Guide.
"Memory Chip" = RobCo Processor Widget

The RobCo Processor Widget doesn't require any power,
so I have no idea what he's on about.

Use the widget, and then just engage the computer.
Hack into the terminal to run the animal pest routine,
then all of the robots will say, "Move along, please."

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Oct 6 2009, 06:27 PM
Post #151

collected all the ignots just a few moments ago... that's a fun little scavenger hunt biggrin.gif... granted i used a guide for a lot of them... if i didn't, i suspect i would of found about 80-90 on my own... no small feat but, i wanted all of them... i would of probably never found the ones that have you jumping over fences from the tops of buildings or the ones hidden in the darkest of corners tucked away behind shit... i mean, i get lost walking the catwalks, it's easy to miss something in this massive environment...

evil file is now all setup for the final two DLC's... i even got ashur's power armor without killing him and, ditto for midea's unique head wrap laugh.gif... i still have to collect all the ignots with my good file but, now that i know the path to take to get them, i'll probably get most of them without the guide... then, i'll finish up some other quests and see if i can't get her to level 30 before the DLC... she's already at 27... there's probably about 6 or so quests that my good girl hasn't even finished or taken on yet... i left a lot out there for her to do if i ever get bored biggrin.gif...

EDIOT! forgot to mention, not once on either the good or evil run-through in the pitt did i ever see wild bill at his spawn location... it was like he was removed from the game entirely... i really wanted his sidearm, dammit!! i wonder what happened there...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Oct 6 2009, 06:46 PM

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Oct 6 2009, 06:51 PM
Post #152

Godfather
Group Icon

Member No.: 48,547

I just need to butt in here and ask something;

At the end of this month I'm gonna be feeling a bit left out so I want a top game that will keep me entertained for months. Is this the game I should get? (I steer clear of reading this thread just in case it spoils things.)
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Oct 6 2009, 06:53 PM
Post #153

Boss
Group Icon

Member No.: 40,397

Steel ignots were the biggest clusterfuck for me. I've found like 48 of them and can't locate the final two. The ignots and the Alien diaries are the only achievements I have left to get. Probably going to have to create a new character; take him to the Pitt and use a guide to find all of the ignots in a couple of runs.

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Oct 6 2009, 07:05 PM
Post #154

QUOTE (marney1)

At the end of this month I'm gonna be feeling a bit left out so I want a top game that will keep me entertained for months. Is this the game I should get? (I steer clear of reading this thread just in case it spoils things.)

if eight pages in the infancy of iGTA is any indication, this game is still being played by a few of us, even after a year since it's release... GTAIV.TV's thread got to 30+ pages laugh.gif... there's always something to discuss with this game it seems like... we're all still playing it and finding interesting things to talk about and discuss... you wouldn't be able to find a group of helpful members anywhere else... i'm sure we're all pretty knowledgable when it comes to the wasteland... synch is fucking walking fallout 3 wikipedia laugh.gif...

and your right about the months part... if your jobless and have absolutely no life, you could probably beat this in under a month for sure... but, for the most part, a single file can take 120+ plus hours to complete... and that's probably not seeing everything the world has to offer... that kind of file could take 250+ hours biggrin.gif...

it's an action RPG so, look at a few gameplay videos and stuff... it's an RPG with guns and the RPG element is very subtle... it's there and you notice it as you gain more experience and earn yourself some perks but, it's not a dominate part of the game like it is with most RPG's... it's more casual... but, the world itself is the main attraction... hundreds of locations to visit and explore, lots of crazy looking creatures and people to kill, and some really cool/strange/moral/unsettling quests to take on... you can literally do whatever you want in this game... and be whatever character you want...

i'm sure others can provide more testaments biggrin.gif...

P.S. wait to get the GOTY edition coming out next week... it will have the core game with all add-ons for the price of a new game... it's the better deal for sure...

QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater)
Steel ignots were the biggest clusterfuck for me. I've found like 48 of them and can't locate the final two. The ignots and the Alien diaries are the only achievements I have left to get. Probably going to have to create a new character; take him to the Pitt and use a guide to find all of the ignots in a couple of runs.

you can still use the guide to find the last two you need... it just involves going through all the locations of the ignots that you've probably collected but, you could still do it without starting a new game... but, the mothership zeta one, lol, unless you have a saved game from right before it, you are probably gonna have to create a new file...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Oct 6 2009, 07:07 PM

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Oct 6 2009, 07:22 PM
Post #155

Godfather
Group Icon

Thanks bOnEs it sounds like just what I'm after, I don't like to be rushed in a game and from what I gather you can just explore at your own free will and take your time yeah?

This post has been edited by marney1: Oct 6 2009, 07:27 PM
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Oct 6 2009, 07:32 PM
Post #156

Boss
Group Icon

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Oct 6 2009, 03:05 PM) *
QUOTE (marney1)

i'm sure others can provide more testaments biggrin.gif...

P.S. wait to get the GOTY edition coming out next week... it will have the core game with all add-ons for the price of a new game... it's the better deal for sure...

QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater)

you can still use the guide to find the last two you need... it just involves going through all the locations of the ignots that you've probably collected but, you could still do it without starting a new game... but, the mothership zeta one, lol, unless you have a saved game from right before it, you are probably gonna have to create a new file...

First of all, Marney, you shouldn't play another game until you play Fallout 3. Everything Bones said is spot on. You get drawn into the game. I'd be playing, get a drink and then four hours later realize I hadn't taken a sip of the drink, let alone looked away from the screen. It's very addicting and very engrossing. He is also right about the GOTY edition. If you're just getting into Fallout, go ahead and pay the $60 for it; it will save you about $50 in DLC that you'll probably want to get after playing for awhile. I can't recommend this game any more.

Bones, I have a save for the Alien Archivist from when I first got on the spaceship. Somehow during my playthrough I missed one or two and after beating the DLC, I am glad I retained that save file. I have just been delaying going back and getting them. As far as the ignots, I tried going through the guide, but checking 30 locations for two ignots became tedious after five minutes. I tried checking for ALL of them, however the guide I have says, "After collecting this ignot, go right, up the stairs, etc. - all from the location of the previous ignots, which I have already collected. Perhaps if I get an afternoon off and some extra weed, I'll go on a steel stoner scavenger hunt.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Oct 6 2009, 08:07 PM
Post #157

Godfather
Group Icon

I just checked out the official trailer and a few other gameplay vids on YouTube and it does seem vast.
One vid showed you meeting an old man (Fixing Water Leaks I think it said) and this sounds really sad but with me making a living in real life which often involves fault finding and repairing water leaks I want to get in there and see what the problem is......

Yeah that's sad, I'll get my coat - and go and buy the GOTY edition.

Thanks fellas!
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Oct 6 2009, 08:35 PM
Post #158

Boss
Group Icon

QUOTE (marney1 @ Oct 6 2009, 04:07 PM) *
I just checked out the official trailer and a few other gameplay vids on YouTube and it does seem vast.
One vid showed you meeting an old man (Fixing Water Leaks I think it said) and this sounds really sad but with me making a living in real life which often involves fault finding and repairing water leaks I want to get in there and see what the problem is......

Megaton is in desperate need of your plumbing services. That old man is Walter, he's waiting for your help.
Achievements

+Quote Post
§ynch
post Oct 6 2009, 11:13 PM
Post #159

Riff-Raff
Group Icon

QUOTE (marney1 @ Oct 6 2009, 11:51 AM) *
Is this the game I should get?

Yes.

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Oct 6 2009, 11:27 AM) *
EDIOT! forgot to mention, not once on either the good or evil run-through in the pitt did i ever see wild bill at his spawn location... it was like he was removed from the game entirely... i really wanted his sidearm, dammit!! i wonder what happened there...

That's weird man, he's always there by the steps.

There are a few ingots in that area. I thought he was a waste lander.

The gun is cool actually, and no shortage of .32 ammo....
Unless of course you traded in your previously useless 4,000 rounds into the ammo press.
Try and find him, you will like his .32

Uh, but if Milly was killed during the riot, Bill sometimes disappears.

I always liked her name in a lulz kind of way.....Milly.....Mill-ee...get it, mill, the mill.... tongue.gif

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Qdeathstar
post Oct 6 2009, 11:21 PM
Post #160

My Penis, Your ass. Lets go.
Group Icon

Member No.: 14

QUOTE (§ynch @ Oct 6 2009, 04:38 PM) *
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Oct 6 2009, 06:14 AM) *
i don't follow.... are you doing the wasteland survival guide and are at the robco factory?

or are you talking about something with mothership zeta or point lookout?

It's not Point Lookout, he probably means the Wasteland Survival Guide.
"Memory Chip" = RobCo Processor Widget

The RobCo Processor Widget doesn't require any power,
so I have no idea what he's on about.

Well, i know. But when you go through the options on the computer terminal you can select "basic routines" and when you do that it says "not enough power"

Also, i meant to play through this being a bad guy.. but i'm a wasteland ranger or whatever sad.gif.

Also, lastly, you know where you were talking about the town that is holding the election and you can help one side win? Is that the same town as the town w/ the canibals? (traveling south from megaton to the nuka-cola factory? Because, i just killed everyone there except for the old man. Maybe i should kill the old man. biggrin.gif

--------------------

Seether - Country Song
Download Now

QUOTE (Massacre @ Aug 26 2010, 04:28 PM) *
I've found it's impossible to be more human than human. Inhuman, however, is easy.

Achievements

+Quote Post

26 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 05:42 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4