IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Egypt, Libya, Yemen, Tunisia, Bahrain..., What the fuck is going on?
Gaddafi
Will He Get Killed?
Yes [ 4 ] ** [44.44%]
No [ 1 ] ** [11.11%]
He has funny hair [ 4 ] ** [44.44%]
Total Votes: 8

Marney1
post Feb 22 2011, 08:46 AM
Post #1

Godfather
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 48,547

Latest news is that Gadaffi has brought in mercenaries to help put down the revolt and some residents claim jets have been bombing civilian protesters - there is no proof of that at the moment, although there is other reports that two of his fighter pilots defected aftere being told to bomb their own people.

If the British or American people revolted like this, how do you think our governments would deal with us?

This post has been edited by -Marney1-: Feb 28 2011, 07:31 PM
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Heartless
post Feb 22 2011, 09:26 AM
Post #2

The universe goes on forever and we are alone
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,164

I'm going to take a stab in the dark that 20-50 years from now, it'll be revealed that this was a CIA conspiracy to create dissent and disobedience in rouge middle eastern/north african states. I mean, just look at that ambassador diplomat aid worker CIA Agent CIA Contractor Random fuck with US ties Random Fuck arrested in Pakistan for killing those three two terrorists gun runners drug smugglers Pakistani military officials Taliban Al Queda car thieves. Also, top military analysts are saying for the first time, because of the "facebook" revolt in Egypt, Al Queada, the Taliban and Hezbolah are seeing a record number of break aways and a substantial lull in recruitment. For some reason, everyone is getting on board the democracy train in crazy land, and I can't believe that their isn't an American Spy in the middle of it all.

Also, America tends to be pretty chill with revolts and protests. We've had a few glaring exceptions, but it happens. Bloody Old England on the other hand, tends to take the boys in hand everytime they had a few after a footie match.

This post has been edited by Heartless: Feb 22 2011, 09:28 AM

--------------------

QUOTE (Qdeathstar @ Mar 13 2009, 01:45 AM) *
The reason is that when heartless says something stupid, he really means it and believes it.

“They refer to me as an uneducated barbarian. Yes, we are barbarians. We want to be barbarians, it is an honored title to us. We shall rejuvenate the world. This world is near its end.”

Die Zeiten haben sich geändert.
Achievements

+Quote Post
demon
post Feb 22 2011, 09:31 AM
Post #3

Capo

Group: Members
Member No.: 42,672

If the British or American people revolted like this, how do you think our governments would deal with us?

The British and the US would use nuclear weapons. No, seriously I think the governments would resign and new elections would be held. What else do you think as a possible outcome?? We're talking about democracies.

--------------------
The new GTA 5 website. GTA 5 forums.
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Jan 31 2010, 06:37 AM) *

That's for you ^
Use it in your sig or avatar because you are very special.

QUOTE (TF)
for being a little bitch
Edited by TF.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Qdeathstar
post Feb 22 2011, 12:59 PM
Post #4

My Penis, Your ass. Lets go.
Group Icon

Member No.: 14

QUOTE (demon @ Feb 22 2011, 09:31 AM) *

The British and the US would use nuclear weapons. No, seriously I think the governments would resign and new elections would be held. What else do you think as a possible outcome?? We're talking about democracies.

I think most people would wait the 2 to 4 years it takes for elections to be held then just vote them out of office. Gadaffi has been in power for over 40 years...

America really has duty to protect libya's citizens. We launched the push for democracy (2003 and before) and now it's time to stand up. Air strikes on the presidential palace and military installations seems appropriate.

--------------------

Seether - Country Song
Download Now

QUOTE (Massacre @ Aug 26 2010, 04:28 PM) *
I've found it's impossible to be more human than human. Inhuman, however, is easy.

Achievements

+Quote Post
Heartless
post Feb 22 2011, 06:14 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

QUOTE (Qdeathstar @ Feb 22 2011, 07:59 AM) *

I think most people would wait the 2 to 4 years it takes for elections to be held then just vote them out of office. Gadaffi has been in power for over 40 years...

America really has duty to protect libya's citizens. We launched the push for democracy (2003 and before) and now it's time to stand up. Air strikes on the presidential palace and military installations seems appropriate.

Again, I'm not so sure we're not behind this to begin with. After all, most normal civilians don't overrun military bases and seizes weapons and tanks with the eventual goal of a civil war in mind.

This post has been edited by Heartless: Feb 22 2011, 06:14 PM

--------------------

The reason is that when heartless says something stupid, he really means it and believes it.

“They refer to me as an uneducated barbarian. Yes, we are barbarians. We want to be barbarians, it is an honored title to us. We shall rejuvenate the world. This world is near its end.”

Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Feb 22 2011, 07:25 PM
Post #6

Godfather
Group Icon

The Egyptians revolted because they want a western style democracy and all the likes of Fox News (fair & balanced) are getting middle east 'experts' in who try to brain-wash the audience with the 'terrible possibility', and likelhood, the Muslim Brotherhood could take charge. If the Egyptians don't end up with a genuine, majority elected leader - by the people, then it will become clear that we (western powers) had a plan all along.
The Egyptian citzens won't settle for anything less than a better leadership than before, and one that respects their human rights.
Even if the west didn't have a hand in all this, they'll be rubbing their hands together because now they can interfere deeper than ever before by offering 'solutions'.
It won't surprise me to see permanent U.S military bases stationed in each of these countries soon. It's all part of a process to dominate the entire world through occupation in one way or another.

Also, look at the Mediterranean sea, the most vital oil route between east and west. It will soon be bordered on all sides by western 'controlled' countries. If you're a puppet regime like Mubarak's was and stop playing ball with your handlers, you're also going soon.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Meow Zedong
post Feb 22 2011, 08:16 PM
Post #7

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 64,878

QUOTE (Heartless @ Feb 23 2011, 04:14 AM) *
Again, I'm not so sure we're not behind this to begin with. After all, most normal civilians don't overrun military bases and seizes weapons and tanks with the eventual goal of a civil war in mind.

The Egyptian revolution was started by the Egyptians and not anyone else like you seem to suggest. Mubarak was a puppet dictator of the U.S., and it seems highly unlikely and counter-intuitive to assume that the CIA planned to depose him.
Of course though, the U.S. would try to fabricate American links to the uprising, as it did in 1958 when the Dominican Republic assassinated U.S puppet dictator Trujillo.
Anyways, what I'm saying is, this revolution belongs to the natives and to try and find a Lawrence of Arabia to explain the Egyptian's success is a colonialist attempt to take credit from the Egyptian people.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Tranque
post Feb 22 2011, 08:26 PM
Post #8

Trickster

Member No.: 42,061

All I have to say is after Mubarak it went something like this.

-Mubarak Resigns

-Dictators and "long term" Presidents begin to shit, fart, cum, and piss at the same time.

-Citizens:

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Feb 22 2011, 09:20 PM
Post #9

Godfather
Group Icon

QUOTE (Meow Zedong @ Feb 22 2011, 08:16 PM) *
QUOTE (Heartless @ Feb 23 2011, 04:14 AM) *

The Egyptian revolution was started by the Egyptians and not anyone else like you seem to suggest. Mubarak was a puppet dictator of the U.S., and it seems highly unlikely and counter-intuitive to assume that the CIA planned to depose him.
Of course though, the U.S. would try to fabricate American links to the uprising, as it did in 1958 when the Dominican Republic assassinated U.S puppet dictator Trujillo.
Anyways, what I'm saying is, this revolution belongs to the natives and to try and find a Lawrence of Arabia to explain the Egyptian's success is a colonialist attempt to take credit from the Egyptian people.

He was a puppet who was beginning to stray from his handlers, so of course the CIA would have a plan to depose him. They want you to believe it was the people who rose up all by themselves. If there hadn't been been outside interference getting the people to show their hatred for their leader, then why didn't they do it long ago? The main players organising the protests obviously know they're being backed by a higher power, who probably told them they'll back them all the way. People don't just stand up together like that unless they think they're going to get away with it.
Similar thing happened in 1991 when George Bush told the kurds to stand up and fight Saddam, they thought they had backing except on that occasion Saddam put the revolt down and the west thought "Oh well, maybe next time, seeya guys, you're on your own."

This post has been edited by Marney1: Feb 22 2011, 09:31 PM
Achievements

+Quote Post
Qdeathstar
post Feb 22 2011, 10:37 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

QUOTE (Heartless @ Feb 22 2011, 07:14 PM) *

If you want democracy, you want democracy, if you don't you should shut up. America wants to spread democracy, if people opposed to america get elected time and time again then thats democracy for you.

--------------------

Seether - Country Song
Download Now

I've found it's impossible to be more human than human. Inhuman, however, is easy.

Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Feb 23 2011, 12:38 AM
Post #11

Godfather
Group Icon

QUOTE (Qdeathstar @ Feb 22 2011, 10:37 PM) *

If you want democracy, you want democracy, if you don't you should shut up. America wants to spread democracy, if people opposed to america get elected time and time again then thats democracy for you.

Achievements

+Quote Post
demon
post Feb 23 2011, 12:14 PM
Post #12

Capo

Member No.: 42,672

QUOTE (Qdeathstar @ Feb 22 2011, 01:59 PM) *

Democratic governments can resign, it may happen when the people are unhappy enough. Recent examples are Iceland and Ireland.

I don't think any Western country has a duty to intervene in Libya, in particular not USA. It is tempting, I can see that of course. But it's politically impossible. The West has enough with other Arab conflicts.

You don't seriously suggest that it was someone on the outside (CIA) who started it?? That's what all the dictators say when they get riots. In the case with Libya, it was the people who started it, inspired by the revolutions in Tunisia and Egypt. Civilians can overrun military depots/bases when no one guards them, or the guards change side and help the civilians. Parts of the Libyan army did change side.

--------------------
The new GTA 5 website. GTA 5 forums.
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Jan 31 2010, 06:37 AM) *

That's for you ^
Use it in your sig or avatar because you are very special.

QUOTE (TF)
for being a little bitch
Edited by TF.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Qdeathstar
post Feb 23 2011, 01:01 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

It sounded like to me that he is saying that the people who started the revolts are irrational dangerous people who couldn't be trusted to run a government. Not that the CIA did it. (Not sure we're behind this ~ AKA Not sure we want this) and (Normal Citizens don't over run military bases ~ AKA the protesters are dangerous.) Reading comprehension R hard.

That might be true, it might not. But if you want democracy, and this is what democracy gives you, you should still allow it.

This post has been edited by Qdeathstar: Feb 23 2011, 01:04 PM

--------------------

Seether - Country Song
Download Now

Achievements

+Quote Post
Tranque
post Feb 23 2011, 02:34 PM
Post #14

Trickster

QUOTE (Qdeathstar @ Feb 23 2011, 02:01 PM) *
It sounded like to me that he is saying that the people who started the revolts are irrational dangerous people who couldn't be trusted to run a government. Not that the CIA did it. (Not sure we're behind this ~ AKA Not sure we want this) and (Normal Citizens don't over run military bases ~ AKA the protesters are dangerous.) Reading comprehension R hard.

That might be true, it might not. But if you want democracy, and this is what democracy gives you, you should still allow it.

You don't mean that if you want democracy and 'democracy' gives you a leader who stays in power for over 20 years, you should just suck it up? I don't want to go on a tirade if I misunderstood so yeah..

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Qdeathstar
post Feb 23 2011, 04:25 PM
Post #15

Group Icon

no, ofcourse not, i'm sayng that if they elect people who don't like america time and time again (with term limits, ect) then america should suck it up and not vote for dictatorship over democracy.

--------------------

Seether - Country Song
Download Now

Achievements

+Quote Post
Tranque
post Feb 23 2011, 05:07 PM
Post #16

Trickster

<3

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Feb 23 2011, 09:52 PM
Post #17

Godfather
Group Icon

It makes me laugh that people actually believe this shit. No doubt the dead CIA assett aka Bin Laden will make a new audio tape about the situation soon:
AL-QAEDA has set up an Islamic emirate in Derna, in eastern Libya, headed by a former US prisoner at Guantanamo Bay.

Also:
Indiana Official: "Use Live Ammunition" Against Wisconsin Protesters

Remember the Kent State Massacre, think it'll never happen again?

This post has been edited by Adolf Hitler: Feb 23 2011, 10:21 PM
Achievements

+Quote Post
Qdeathstar
post Feb 28 2011, 04:54 AM
Post #18

Group Icon

so, who wants to put money on who will die first/ Gadaffi or Sheen. And Go!

--------------------

Seether - Country Song
Download Now

Achievements

+Quote Post
Heartless
post Feb 28 2011, 05:29 AM
Post #19

Group Icon

I'm most interested in why so many Americans are demanding Obama invade Libya to overthrow Gaddafi. When Bush went after Osama and later Saddam we nearly shat ourselves. I guess we think that if a democrat wants war it must be a good thing. I'm thinking when all these countries are settled with freely elected leaders and re-opened to the west, we'll look back on Bush in a completely different light.

This post has been edited by Heartless: Feb 28 2011, 05:30 AM

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Qdeathstar
post Feb 28 2011, 06:36 AM
Post #20

Group Icon

This is different in about 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
0000000000000000 million ways. Here are a few.

1. The uprising in Libya came from within, Iraq's didn't.
2. The Lybian government is actively targeting peaceful protesters, at the time Saddam wasnt.
3. One of the reasons to attack Iraq was to promote democracy, well.. promote it.

Oh, and i don't want an invasion, as it would solidify gadafi, nope, i want a few well placed air strikes.

--------------------

Seether - Country Song
Download Now

Achievements

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st September 2014 - 06:39 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4