Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Wolves Spawning
Joeyshmoe69
post Jun 29 2010, 08:26 AM
Post #1

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,822

I've seen this mentioned on a few other forums but not spotted anything here.

Has anyone else experienced the almost continuous spawning of wolves? I didn't notice it until I'd made it to Mexico but whenerver I kill a pack of wolves, another pack usually shows up when I'm half way through skinning them - it's a great money earner as I've had 50+ to sell a few times.

It also happens to me quite a lot at Beechers Hope but these packs don't seem to attack me - they just wander through the farm.
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
asthenia
post Jun 29 2010, 08:33 AM
Post #2

Psy is gay and stupid.
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 424
XBL Gamertag: aVarkatzas
PSN Name: Asthenia

Yup. Happens with bears too.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Joeyshmoe69
post Jun 29 2010, 08:38 AM
Post #3

Upstanding Citizen

yeah, had issues with the bear hunting challenge as I was pretty much being attacked by them from all sides!
Achievements

+Quote Post
asthenia
post Jun 29 2010, 09:27 AM
Post #4

Psy is gay and stupid.
Group Icon

Have you got papers for a horse in your satchel? Once you've managed to do the challenge, switch to your satchel and click it to get a new horse. The game will save and you can just let yourself die... Easier than fighting off 15 bears. Obviously, you need to kill your old horse first .. or lose him somewhere.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Joeyshmoe69
post Jun 29 2010, 10:09 AM
Post #5

Upstanding Citizen

I keep forgetting about that handy save tip - sure beats trying to find a good spot for the campsite! Also a good way of saving but not skipping time forward.

However, I do get rather attached to my horses - hate it when they die (or get accidently shot in the head by me...). When I first got to Mexico I was a bit dissapointed that my horse hadn't made the journey down the river with me - imagine my delight when I whistled and he came running round the corner!
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Jun 29 2010, 02:59 PM
Post #6

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

cougars have re-spawned for me a few times... talk about dangerous...

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
ViceMan
post Jun 29 2010, 05:39 PM
Post #7

Pessimistic nihilistic.

Member No.: 10,896
PSN Name: ViceyThaShizzle

I find a lot of wolves around Riley's Charge and Del Lobo Rock (which means rock of the wolf anyway so no surprise there.)

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Jun 29 2010, 05:56 PM
Post #8

Still Standing
Group Icon

Member No.: 439
PSN Name: BushkaUK

My first infinite wolf spawn encounter was whilst i was looking for Treasure no.2. I must have collected over 70 pelts, before decided to call it a day (or two in-game days maybe), then before i managed to set up camp i got attacked by a cougar, it made quick food of my horse, and started ripping me to shreds. i managed to dot it with my revolver, but i was seeing red and got jumped from behind by the other cougar... I lost all my pelts.

And yes Cougar respawns happen too, i listed them on the hunting hotspots. I have actually had 6 attack me all in a row around there, can you imagine that....

This post has been edited by DuPz0r: Jun 29 2010, 05:59 PM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
asthenia
post Jun 29 2010, 06:35 PM
Post #9

Psy is gay and stupid.
Group Icon

QUOTE (Joeyshmoe69 @ Jun 29 2010, 11:09 AM) *
I keep forgetting about that handy save tip - sure beats trying to find a good spot for the campsite! Also a good way of saving but not skipping time forward.

However, I do get rather attached to my horses - hate it when they die (or get accidently shot in the head by me...). When I first got to Mexico I was a bit dissapointed that my horse hadn't made the journey down the river with me - imagine my delight when I whistled and he came running round the corner!

I kept my horse from Bonnie for about 90% of the story! So I can definitely relate. Ha. After the end of the game though, I've not been so fussed about them. I can't remember how my first horse died now, but it was a sad time for me. But now, horses, they come, they go, Saturday through Sunday, Monday, Monday through Sunday yo! wink.gif

Dup - I can barely handle 3 cougars. :/ fuckers.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Jun 29 2010, 06:42 PM
Post #10

i lost my first horse while hunting 30 wolves (which fits in this thread perfectly)... i was out and about, killing the respawning wolves in gaptooth ridge... when i finally had enough, i whistled for my horse and was surprised to see a different one... apparently while i was killing wolves, a few of them decided to hunt my horse... while wandering around the area i was just in, i spotted an "X" on my map... when i approached, i saw my kentucky saddler sad.gif...

i had to skin him so i could hang his hide on the wall of my cabin... as a keep-sake of course...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Jun 29 2010, 06:43 PM

--------------------

Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
ViceMan
post Jun 29 2010, 07:23 PM
Post #11

Pessimistic nihilistic.

QUOTE (asthenia @ Jun 29 2010, 07:35 PM) *
But now, horses, they come, they go, Saturday through Sunday, Monday, Monday through Sunday yo! wink.gif

I actually remembered what song that line is from, I must still be a wigger at heart.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Jun 29 2010, 07:57 PM
Post #12

Still Standing
Group Icon

Member No.: 439
PSN Name: BushkaUK

QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jun 29 2010, 08:23 PM) *
QUOTE (asthenia @ Jun 29 2010, 07:35 PM) *
But now, horses, they come, they go, Saturday through Sunday, Monday, Monday through Sunday yo! wink.gif

I actually remembered what song that line is from, I must still be a wigger at heart.

I am still a wigger, because i still like Eminem...

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Jun 29 2010, 08:17 PM
Post #13

his new album is GREAT... he's gotten back to his roots and his flows have more meaning and punch, just like the old days biggrin.gif... the beats are a little flat IMO though... dre only produced 3 songs... he needs to do the whole album again... i like eminem's flow as much as i liked dre's phat beats...

back on topic... so the wolves, they're everywhere, aren't they?? unsure.gif...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
ViceMan
post Jun 29 2010, 09:37 PM
Post #14

Pessimistic nihilistic.

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Jun 29 2010, 09:17 PM) *
back on topic... so the wolves, they're everywhere, aren't they?? unsure.gif...

Pretty much. They displace any other predators that might be around, so if you're looking for cougars and find wolves you have to leave the area and come back.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2014 - 12:37 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4