Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Memorable Gaming Moments
HB~Sauce
post Apr 3 2008, 03:26 AM
Post #21

Vandal

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,125

I probably have alot, but the most recent one; winning a free for all game in online resistance.

--------------------
I get bored...
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
aussie_b8ler
post Apr 3 2008, 06:12 AM
Post #22

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 38,947

i just finished the darkness on ps3. fuck. that part where your uncle kills your girlfriend. that shocked me so much. ill probably remember that for a while, but for the wrong reasons. also the part where your getting tortured with a drill is pretty messed up.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Kid_Notorious
post Apr 3 2008, 03:48 PM
Post #23

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 11,372

In the legend of dragoon on ps1 when lavitz died and when you find out that bitch rose killed your mother

--------------------

"When the war of the beasts brings about the world's end The goddess descends from the sky Wings of light and dark spread afar She guides us to bliss, her gift everlasting."
Achievements

+Quote Post
Anton
post Apr 5 2008, 02:40 PM
Post #24

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,059

QUOTE(J-Mi @ Apr 1 2008, 07:00 PM) [snapback]1404126[/snapback]
well I would have said the last scene on the bridge of COD4. but I thought we were talking about older games.

oh i didnt play games much when i was like really young but Tomb Raider 2, the first level if you reach a hidden place and a T-Rex comes running at you and all you have was two handguns was spectacular

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Un-Amurikan Bast...
post Apr 7 2008, 02:18 AM
Post #25

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 17,310

The castle level on Medal of Honor for the PS1. I remember being so actually shit scared going through that level, and the sheer adrenaline and fear when the wave of Nazi knights charged at you up that hallway out of nowhere, and the only way to kill them was to get headshots because their shields were bulletproof. Just emptying an MP44 clip into the crowd praying to God for headshots, and suddenly they were all dead and I had a flashing little red sliver of health left on my compass...mein Gott, that game rocked. The PS1 MoHs were the only games in recollection where I was genuinely feeling fear and anxiety (heavy breathing and sweating bullets) in the dark, tense critical moments and gnashing my teeth and clenching my buttcheeks during the hard core, critical fighting sequences where you either got raped in 5 seconds or conquered.

A funny moment from that game was a snow mission by a dam were the Germans were making heavy water; I heard a German cry "Amerikane Cowboy!" and I came over the ridge to see him fire a Panzerschreck rocket at me. I didn't escape it, and the rocket hit me in the balls, but didn't explode. It just made a sickening "FPFFT" noise and Jimmy made a painful "HMRRRT!" whereby I died.

--------------------

QUOTE(Styx)
Dancin' on a landmine baby one leg left, I can still crawl and I'm not dead yet. You better get a bigger gun, I'm not dead yet.

QUOTE(K. M. Munshi)
Have a scripture to recite, but make your own path.

Achievements

+Quote Post
I Made Your Mom ...
post Apr 14 2008, 02:06 AM
Post #26

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,614
XBL Gamertag: Strike Viper
PSN Name: Imbrium

QUOTE(Un-Amurikan Bastage @ Apr 7 2008, 03:18 AM) [snapback]1406577[/snapback]
The castle level on Medal of Honor for the PS1. I remember being so actually shit scared going through that level, and the sheer adrenaline and fear when the wave of Nazi knights charged at you up that hallway out of nowhere, and the only way to kill them was to get headshots because their shields were bulletproof. Just emptying an MP44 clip into the crowd praying to God for headshots, and suddenly they were all dead and I had a flashing little red sliver of health left on my compass...mein Gott, that game rocked. The PS1 MoHs were the only games in recollection where I was genuinely feeling fear and anxiety (heavy breathing and sweating bullets) in the dark, tense critical moments and gnashing my teeth and clenching my buttcheeks during the hard core, critical fighting sequences where you either got raped in 5 seconds or conquered.

A funny moment from that game was a snow mission by a dam were the Germans were making heavy water; I heard a German cry "Amerikane Cowboy!" and I came over the ridge to see him fire a Panzerschreck rocket at me. I didn't escape it, and the rocket hit me in the balls, but didn't explode. It just made a sickening "FPFFT" noise and Jimmy made a painful "HMRRRT!" whereby I died.

Haha, oh my god. I remember playing that when it first came out when I was about 5 or 6. The ambient noise in the first mission scared me so much I had to turn it off. laugh2.gif

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Un-Amurikan Bast...
post Apr 14 2008, 02:19 AM
Post #27

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 17,310

QUOTE(Lazzbrium @ Apr 13 2008, 08:06 PM) [snapback]1410984[/snapback]
QUOTE(Un-Amurikan Bastage @ Apr 7 2008, 03:18 AM) [snapback]1406577[/snapback]

Haha, oh my god. I remember playing that when it first came out when I was about 5 or 6. The ambient noise in the first mission scared me so much I had to turn it off. :laugh2:

Seriously? I did the same O.o I was moving very slowly through the first mission with the ruined buildings, and I was scared as Hell because of the noise and the creepiness...

--------------------

QUOTE(Styx)
Dancin' on a landmine baby one leg left, I can still crawl and I'm not dead yet. You better get a bigger gun, I'm not dead yet.

QUOTE(K. M. Munshi)
Have a scripture to recite, but make your own path.

Achievements

+Quote Post
1UP
post Apr 14 2008, 02:32 AM
Post #28

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 738

Another for me was in Resident evil 3, I managed to kill nemesis in the first encounter for once (after like 20 trys sense I didn't know the chests had more guns), thought he was dead, later on he suddenly crashes thru the window with a rocket launcher an I got pwnd. Later realizing it didn't matter how often I killed him he kept coming back for more. Back when playing that, it was so scary how I didn't know when he'd appear next. That thing is still my all time fav monster/bad guy.

--------------------
eVeRytHinG Is As iT ShoULd bE

FaLlS aPArT
Achievements

+Quote Post
Zen
post Apr 14 2008, 05:15 PM
Post #29

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Member No.: 35,460

When I swear I found a secret area on Mario...

This post has been edited by Zen.: Apr 14 2008, 05:15 PM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
IV
post Apr 14 2008, 06:30 PM
Post #30

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 2,655

Playing Shenmue and Shenmue II for Dreamcast/Xbox. Two of my favourite games of all time. I still boot up II on my Xbox 360 every so often. Pure gaming glory and a damn shame SEGA didnt advertise it right. I still dream of III coming out for th 360. Unlikely now though.

--------------------
GTA4 - 100% Complete (PS3) - Story Complete (360) (Traded-In on 360)
Achievements

+Quote Post
1UP
post Apr 25 2008, 02:49 AM
Post #31

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 738

Playing multiplayer with a friend for the first time, for me it was goldeneye (sorry to mention the same game again). The hilarity of trying to fend off someone with your karate chop, when they have a rocket launcher. Priceless.

Pinned

--------------------
eVeRytHinG Is As iT ShoULd bE

FaLlS aPArT
Achievements

+Quote Post
Zen
post Apr 26 2008, 11:23 PM
Post #32

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Member No.: 35,460

Oh, and not forgetting 007:Nightfire with another 3 people, splitscreen. Absolute legend. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
HB~Sauce
post Apr 27 2008, 12:47 AM
Post #33

Vandal

Member No.: 20,125

QUOTE(Zen @ Apr 26 2008, 05:23 PM) [snapback]1423011[/snapback]
Oh, and not forgetting 007:Nightfire with another 3 people, splitscreen. Absolute legend. biggrin.gif

Underfire also had some memories, like that unbelievable grappling hook. That was sweet. laugh.gif

--------------------
I get bored...
Achievements

+Quote Post
The_Technician
post Apr 27 2008, 03:26 AM
Post #34

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 38,857

BF2 single player
Level: The chinese nuclear one
Map size: 16
(i heavily modded my BF2, so all the weapons did realistic damages)

I jumped in the dune-buggy like jeep,and then a bot named J. Dawsari jumped in with me. we were at the American base that is in the yard of the Power Plant. we were both medics, so we sped off to the chinese village to take it. our buggy got shot up pretty bad on the road to their flag, but we survived and jumped out. we both had the standard M16's and were fucking owning everything in sight, and whenever either of us got shot until we needed reviving, the other one would save us. we seriously held them off for like 7 minutes (but we didnt capture the flag as there were too many enemies around, as i made the game put 25 on each team) until they finally brought in a tank and fucked us up big time.

but to this day i have never seen a bot act like he did...he was a good fighter, and a really good team mate. whenever i see him in other maps now i follow him, but he's never as good.

--------------------
=The Technician=

Since 24.03.08
Achievements

+Quote Post
§ynch
post Apr 27 2008, 11:01 AM
Post #35

Riff-Raff
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,395
XBL Gamertag: synchronizer
PSN Name: alpha male
Xfire Identity: XFire it up

Capturing the Ace of Spades alive, final mission in
Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction.

It's almost impossible to even complete the
the mission unless you attract and hijack the Hindes helicopter.
(It attacks the Abrahms Tanks in the beginning)

With it's immense fire power, and your unlimited delivery drops,
you can take out every S.A.M., RPG, Tank, undercover of North Korean disguise.

Completing the game 100% with all items found, and perfect capture score
is rewarded with 100 million dollars, (great for air strikes, delivery drops)
and that will provide an excellant playground of destruction,
for the second play through of the game, as a rich mercenary.

--------------------
QUOTE (Massacre @ Sep 18 2009, 09:59 PM) *
Apparently, Synch does acid rather than smoking weed...
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Oct 6 2009, 12:05 PM) *
synch is a fucking walking fallout 3 wikipedia lol...
Achievements

+Quote Post
Gazz
post Apr 27 2008, 08:45 PM
Post #36

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 7,713

When I went and bought GTA VC...walked 8 miles in the pissing rain as no busses ran on a Sunday and my parents were away for the weekend...walked back and played Vice City for 21 hours straight only to stop for food and nature calls. Another one was arriving at GAME on the eve of GTA SA release...arrived at 3am only to find about 10 people with sleeping bags...I ended up talking to this random dude for the 5 hour wait...by the time they opened the queue was atleast 200 long...such great memories...i'll also be doing the same tomorrow night...only this time a few of my mates are going to queue too biggrin.gif!

But most recently has been when I managed to try Crysis on Ultra spec on a 42" HD TV...I honestly nearly cried with envy and joy of playing that game on such great specs...unfortunatly it was my girlfriend brother Jon's system...lucky sod sad.gif

I do have alot more but those are the ones I remember the most!

-Gazz

--------------------

You've Been............Thunderstruck!
Achievements

+Quote Post
PhantomStranger
post Apr 28 2008, 03:47 AM
Post #37

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 419

I'm a big metal gear solid fan as well and some very notable gaming moments I remember are from MGS games, from MGS1 when I was 9 yrs old to MGS3 & PO not long ago.

"Snake, your son will bring the world to ruin... your son will save the world."
Such a prolific statement that really foretells the future of liquid and solid that i think most fans of the series would understand. - forum member.

GTA 3 blew my mind, it was something that was so different but became the norm for open sandbox gameplay. I loved it.

Gran Turismo help make the passion for cars that I have today, now i have two performance cars smile.gif

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
JoelManiac
post May 29 2008, 10:54 AM
Post #38

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 36,253

The moment i got F1 2000. Still the most realistic game i have ever played for racing that is. I played it for years and digged it out the other day. I was pissed when it didn't play and kept freezing the computer.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Sharpie Fetish
post May 29 2008, 09:26 PM
Post #39

Litterer
Group Icon

Member No.: 34,595

Sometime this week when i get my sega saturn with a controller and 3 games all hookups which i bought for £17.50 from eBay
Achievements

+Quote Post
firebird999
post Sep 23 2008, 12:10 PM
Post #40

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 41,846

on forza 2, a guy never pitted on a 30 lap race, so his tires gave out on a corner on the 26th lap. he took out one guy and then there was a huge chain reaction. somehow i made it through (i was in last place), so my car was perfect and their's were totalled. i just shot past them and won when they were all in the pits smile.gif.

--------------------
i stealed a cookie
Achievements

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 05:58 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4