Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Zeitgeist- The Movie
MrPMonkey
post Apr 10 2008, 10:46 AM
Post #1

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 38,939

Has anyone seen Zeitgeist- The Movie yet?

The movie is in three parts: 1- The Greatest Story Ever Told, 2- All The Worlds A Stage and 3- Don't Mind The Men Behind The Curtain.

Basically the first part is about religion, the second about 9/11 conspiracies and the third about The Federal Bank of America.

Although I believe most of the information on this movie the main thing I have taken from watching it is don't believe everything you see, read or hear including this films content... basically make up your own mind and don't take other peoples views as fact.

I was just wondering, for the people who have seen it, what their views were on this.

For others that haven't seen it here is the link:

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=...h&plindex=0

--------------------
"All governments are liars and murderers"- Bill Hicks
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Skinny 
post Apr 10 2008, 12:51 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 38,184

I've been meaning to watch it for a while. Just haven't got around to it.

I know a guy who seen it and said it changed his life.

--------------------
=D
Achievements

+Quote Post
MrPMonkey
post Apr 10 2008, 01:50 PM
Post #3

Upstanding Citizen

Yeh, I mean it really changed my life... opened my eyes if you like!

What I'm saying though is don't just believe it because it says it, make up your own mind. After watching this it made me think, which must be a good thing!?! It also made me want to search more for truth, which is surprisingly hard to find.

I no longer buy tabloid newspapers, and tend not to watch the news now as all I see/hear is favouritism in one way or another and I have never been one for watching crap on the TV anyway.

If you watch it I hope you can take something from it like me.

notworthy.gif thumbup.gif notworthy.gif

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Austin
post Apr 10 2008, 03:36 PM
Post #4

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 141

Sad thing is it's all probably true..
Achievements

+Quote Post
Sharpie Fetish
post Apr 10 2008, 04:57 PM
Post #5

Litterer
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 34,595

QUOTE(Austin @ Apr 10 2008, 04:36 PM) [snapback]1408894[/snapback]

Even the part about conspiracies about 911?

Ill post a link below to maddox's whole conspiracy shit he single handedly proves all that shite wrong and not with his funny ms paint drawn pics either

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=911_morons

This post has been edited by Cyantist: Apr 10 2008, 05:06 PM
Achievements

+Quote Post
MrPMonkey
post Apr 10 2008, 05:19 PM
Post #6

Upstanding Citizen

QUOTE(Cyantist @ Apr 10 2008, 05:57 PM) [snapback]1408952[/snapback]
he single handedly proves all that shite wrong

Hey Cyantist, I'm not saying you're wrong, but thats what I mean... just because this guy 'proves' the conspiracy theories are wrong doesnt mean that his evidence is fact.

For example in Part 2: All The Worlds A Stage, they 'prove' that all their evidence is fact... Even though I thought this Movie was very enlightening doesn't mean that I take every piece of information as a certainty.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, including you, but you just have to read between the lines and hear all sides of the story before you can come to any sort of conclusion.

Remember... 'Knowledge is power'

Thanks for the link though, I will check it out!!
wink.gif

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Austin
post Apr 10 2008, 05:56 PM
Post #7

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 141

QUOTE(Cyantist @ Apr 10 2008, 05:57 PM) [snapback]1408952[/snapback]

Ill post a link below to maddox's whole conspiracy shit he single handedly proves all that shite wrong and not with his funny ms paint drawn pics either

Especially the 9/11 bit.. so much evidence that the whole official truth is a pile of shit..

Maddox doesn't single handedly prove anything wrong.. he just makes fun of some kid who made a different video on 9/11 cover-up and argues "if the government has no problem killing 3000 innocent civilians why don't they just kill Dylan".. why the hell would they kill him?

I don't really care who belives what but I ask you to actually watch the whole video through before passing judgement. The 3 parts are linked so it's good to watch all of the bits.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Un-Amurikan Bast...
post Apr 13 2008, 03:37 AM
Post #8

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 17,310

I thought Zeitgeist sucked. It was poorly made and like 45 minutes of it was a rant on religion that didn't need to be there, let alone to be the first 45 minutes.

The interviews with the IRS agents were taken right from Aaron Russo's America: Freedom to Fascism, and, in fact, were taken by Russo himself. All of the movie's main points, minus the religion part, have already been made by Alex Jones in his (much better) films, which get the points through better. If Jones and Russo had something to do with this film, then I retract the previous condemnations save for the one of the low quality of the film.

Despite that, it's information that needs to get out there, and if anything it's good that a lot of people have seen it if only for the general enlightening factor. I do wish Jones' and Russo's work was out there more, because it's just better and goes a lot deeper into it all without making a pointless religious statement...

This post has been edited by Un-Amurikan Bastage: Apr 13 2008, 03:40 AM

--------------------

QUOTE(Styx)
Dancin' on a landmine baby one leg left, I can still crawl and I'm not dead yet. You better get a bigger gun, I'm not dead yet.

QUOTE(K. M. Munshi)
Have a scripture to recite, but make your own path.

Achievements

+Quote Post
0bs3n3
post Apr 14 2008, 07:22 AM
Post #9

Leece

Member No.: 24,792

The bit on Christianity is so easy to refute from a religious point of view. The 9/11 bits are okay.

@ UAB I'll have to check out Alex Jones. Where can I find his movies?
Achievements

+Quote Post
Skinny 
post Apr 14 2008, 01:20 PM
Post #10

QUOTE(Cyantist @ Apr 11 2008, 02:57 AM) [snapback]1408952[/snapback]

He single handedly disproved it? Using your logic, watch me disprove him:

He claims the fact that Dylan is alive is proof that there is no 9/11 conspiracy. How the fuck is that proof? If he was murdered, disapeared or died in a suspicious accident (especialy if all his friends met the same fate) it would be red hot for the bush administration. Wow, maddox really is a shit kicking idiot. I'd like the minutes of my life it took to read that link back, please.

The he talks about the WTC conspiracy with the $20 bill. Doesn't disprove it in anyway. Just talks about it. Fuck him.

P.S. Fun Fact: You can also see the 9/11 attack on a fold on the Australian 5 dollar bill. Pics later.

--------------------
=D
Achievements

+Quote Post
Un-Amurikan Bast...
post Apr 19 2008, 03:35 AM
Post #11

Upstanding Citizen

QUOTE(0bs3n3 @ Apr 14 2008, 01:22 AM) [snapback]1411104[/snapback]
The bit on Christianity is so easy to refute from a religious point of view. The 9/11 bits are okay.

@ UAB I'll have to check out Alex Jones. Where can I find his movies?

He's got all kinds of good stuff at infowars.com

I haven't been there in a while, but all the movies are there to watch. He's got a slew of short ones and long ones.

--------------------

QUOTE(Styx)
Dancin' on a landmine baby one leg left, I can still crawl and I'm not dead yet. You better get a bigger gun, I'm not dead yet.

QUOTE(K. M. Munshi)

Achievements

+Quote Post
sic_drummer
post Apr 19 2008, 03:53 AM
Post #12

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 39,172

QUOTE(sic_drummer @ Apr 18 2008, 02:27 PM) [snapback]1414799[/snapback]
ok obi now that yo said that (lmao) it brings one thing to mind, for the sake of the american people, im british btw....
check out the film "ZEITGIEST" it really opened my eyes, im trying to get as many people as possible to check it out...
i know its "off" topic, but though i would put it across...thx

just like i said....

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Skinny 
post Apr 25 2008, 02:39 PM
Post #13

QUOTE(Un-Amurikan Bastage @ Apr 13 2008, 01:37 PM) [snapback]1410412[/snapback]
I thought Zeitgeist sucked. It was poorly made and like 45 minutes of it was a rant on religion that didn't need to be there, let alone to be the first 45 minutes.

It was hardly a 'rant' and I enjoyed it.

I'm not sure about the parts of the movie about the single world government and the computer chips, but you never know.

--------------------
=D
Achievements

+Quote Post
Un-Amurikan Bast...
post Apr 26 2008, 07:00 PM
Post #14

Upstanding Citizen

QUOTE(Skinny. @ Apr 25 2008, 08:39 AM) [snapback]1421434[/snapback]

It was hardly a 'rant' and I enjoyed it.

I'm not sure about the parts of the movie about the single world government and the computer chips, but you never know.

It just didn't really belong in the movie. It was interesting, but it had nothing to do with the subject matter of the rest of the film.

The single world government thing and the microchips is totally believable to me - it sounds just like the pointless and implausable kind of plan a bunch of 19th Century bank tycoons would try to put together. We know the microchip thing is real because people have gotten them already, and the one world government thing can't really be argued because the people involved have said it themselves, and the evidence of their steps is clear. I just don't think they can really pull it off. They haven't gotten too far in 100 years of working it, and the all of the men involved are dead or dying (Rockefeller is, what, 90-something now?).

--------------------

QUOTE(Styx)

QUOTE(K. M. Munshi)

Achievements

+Quote Post
Skinny 
post Jul 17 2008, 06:29 AM
Post #15

with the IRS agents were taken right from Aaron Russo's America: Freedom to Fascism, and, in fact, were taken by Russo himself.

I just saw that movie only a few hours ago, and loved it. Way better than Zeitgeist, wich was pourly researched, and just out and out lied in some parts.

I used to believe the parts of All The World's A Stage about the controlled demolition on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, but further research, reveals them as lies and distortions.

The Greatest Story Ever Told, was interesting, was mostly true and had the right message, but some parts of it were untrue and distorted (ie Horus was never crusified).

The part in Don't Mind the Men Behind the Curtain, were they talk about Pearl Harbour, featured an insuficient source, and are merely speculating about the NWO. Also, as said above, they stole their interviews from Aaron Russo.

Overall, the message is right, many parts of it are true, but some parts are lies and distortions, wich makes it loose credibility.

--------------------
=D
Achievements

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2014 - 01:16 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4