IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Any hints on where the next GTA game would take place?
beeurd
post Jan 25 2009, 02:11 PM
Post #81

Upstanding Citizen

Group: New Members
Member No.: 47,399

QUOTE(trathen @ Aug 20 2008, 11:28 PM) [snapback]1460345[/snapback]
R* will stay in the US.
personally i wouldnt be able to stand london, you would have stereotypes of english people and we'd all be dressed in suits.

Well yeah; isn't GTA4 full of American stereotypes? I'd love a new GTA London, lol.
And we do remember that Rockstar North is British, right?

On a side note, I am slightly confused as to why there is an advert for the Mormon church at the top of the page...
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GTA-God
post Apr 17 2009, 01:49 PM
Post #82

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 51,130

LA I think and it could include compton, watts even inglewood that would be good owing to the fact that compton has one of the highest crime rates, death tolls, drug smuggling in the world it would be good like midnight club la with the slums and ghetto places added
Achievements

+Quote Post
69AngryAussie69
post Jun 8 2009, 02:25 AM
Post #83

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 51,972

i think that it should be like San An. Where you still are in Liberty City but you need to leave and go up state somewhere to get away from cops/gf's etc. Then theres like all that awsum country side in between the cities (i don't mind if there are only 2 just make em as good as Liberty City in GTAIV). Then have a small city on an island that you can fly to.

What would be really sweet is that if you kill like a random guy like *spoiler* if you kill Playboy you get his crib. Well this guys crib could be like a private island with a pool, huge house, Heli pad, small light plane airstrip and a small forest and beach etc.

drool.gif
Achievements

+Quote Post
Qdeathstar
post Jun 8 2009, 03:11 AM
Post #84

My Penis, Your ass. Lets go.
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 14

I'm pretty confident it will be either london, vice city, or san andreas.

--------------------

Seether - Country Song
Download Now

QUOTE (Massacre @ Aug 26 2010, 04:28 PM) *
I've found it's impossible to be more human than human. Inhuman, however, is easy.

Achievements

+Quote Post
theterminator
post Jul 4 2009, 10:39 PM
Post #85

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 53,790

it would be good in edinburgh or glasgow
2 good citys
Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Jul 4 2009, 11:16 PM
Post #86

Godfather
Group Icon

Member No.: 48,547

I'd like to see it set here in Liverpool but it would cause an outrage what with the gun crime we're having here at the moment.
Achievements

+Quote Post
The Awesome One
post Jul 5 2009, 07:11 AM
Post #87

Poshboy...

Member No.: 49,030
XBL Gamertag: the mighty moa

QUOTE(theterminator @ Jul 4 2009, 11:39 PM) [snapback]1511159[/snapback]
2 good citys

Na, no offense. But dont you think it would be a little quiet for GTA? London the most probably city if they set it in london, but I think Belfast would be good, with all the irish clashings. But that would cause offense, so not there. It should be done in london, if anyone has played the getaway, they would understand why london would be good. Driving down downing street, killing a fat PM. I can imagine it now.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Jul 5 2009, 12:28 PM
Post #88

Godfather
Group Icon

Member No.: 48,547

QUOTE(Captain.Charisma @ Jul 5 2009, 08:11 AM) [snapback]1511200[/snapback]
QUOTE(theterminator @ Jul 4 2009, 11:39 PM) [snapback]1511159[/snapback]
2 good citys

Na, no offense. But dont you think it would be a little quiet for GTA? London the most probably city if they set it in london, but I think Belfast would be good, with all the irish clashings. But that would cause offense, so not there. It should be done in london, if anyone has played the getaway, they would understand why london would be good. Driving down downing street, killing a fat PM. I can imagine it now.

A new London one is not going to happen (I doubt anyway) but the easiest way to have another GTA set in the UK would be to create a fictional city or island which would supposedly be part of the UK that way (not everyone) no-one could get offended.
Achievements

+Quote Post
GTAOShea
post Jul 6 2009, 12:16 PM
Post #89

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 53,825

I agree that the next GTA should be set in a city based on London. London has so many iconic landmarks that can be ripped off; Houses of Parliament with Big Ben, Buckingham Palace, Trafalgar Square, Piccadilly Circus, Downing Street, Tower Bridge etc… London’s also ideal as it has the Thames providing a natural divide between the north and south of the city, there’s loads of greenery like Hyde Park, underground and over ground railways and because it’s an old city it doesn’t have the same ‘block’ layout many American cities have providing a change from previous games.

I think they should also set it in the 60’s. Not only will it allow for an awesome soundtrack but there is so much from the 60’s that can be taken and used as pert of the game. Characters such as the East London gangsters the Kray twins, Ronnie Biggs the great train robber, movie stars like Michael Caine, musicians like the Beetles and playboy footballers like George Best. There are also the traditional ‘Bobbie’ Policemen and the Queen’s Guard soldiers in their bearskin hats.

Gangs between rival football hooligans would be fun. As would be getting involved with crazed student activists protesting or helping drugged up hippies get their next fix.

Finally the cars; Black Cabs, Double Decker Busses, Mini Coopers, all awesome and would be fun to see in a game.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Caliph
post Jul 16 2009, 05:47 PM
Post #90

Nobody Special

Member No.: 38,605

An 80's London theme would sound cool, in my opinion. But they should add another city in the mix, to make air travel useful between the two. Possibly Glasgow, or another Scottish remake. Thanks for keeping this topic alive, folks. Been almost a year since it first started. laugh.gif

--------------------
Playstation 3 80GB | Grand Theft Auto IV | Sony HDTV
Achievements

+Quote Post
trathen93
post Aug 28 2009, 01:49 PM
Post #91

LFC

Member No.: 39,835
PSN Name: trathen

like most people have said the chances of it being outside of the US are unlikely. its easy enough for R* to keep it in the USA. as much as id like to see it in dubai or somewhere else, its probably not goin to happen.

I say bring on Vice City State!

--------------------

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

Achievements

+Quote Post
TwoFacedTanner
post Aug 28 2009, 02:20 PM
Post #92

Clepto

Member No.: 908
XBL Gamertag: IanCredible988

QUOTE(El-Nino @ Aug 28 2009, 08:49 AM) [snapback]1519961[/snapback]

Vice City...State?
Achievements

+Quote Post
trathen93
post Aug 30 2009, 01:08 PM
Post #93

LFC

Member No.: 39,835
PSN Name: trathen

QUOTE(TwoFacedTanner @ Aug 28 2009, 03:20 PM) [snapback]1519963[/snapback]
QUOTE(El-Nino @ Aug 28 2009, 08:49 AM) [snapback]1519961[/snapback]

Vice City...State?

ye like a bigger version of vice city. take the original map and sort of build round it. thats what I think they should do/

--------------------

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

Achievements

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 02:18 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4