IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Nikki Catsouras Internet Car Crash Photos Controversy, Brains on Page 3 - Closed
Heartless
post May 9 2009, 04:38 PM
Post #21

The universe goes on forever and we are alone
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 2,164

But they also said it was because a tumor she had as a child. I'm not saying it justifies emailing the parents the pictures, but it is a little weak to use her as a tool in an anti-drug campaign.

--------------------

QUOTE (Qdeathstar @ Mar 13 2009, 01:45 AM) *
The reason is that when heartless says something stupid, he really means it and believes it.

“They refer to me as an uneducated barbarian. Yes, we are barbarians. We want to be barbarians, it is an honored title to us. We shall rejuvenate the world. This world is near its end.”

Die Zeiten haben sich geändert.
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marney1
post May 9 2009, 07:28 PM
Post #22

Godfather
Group Icon

Member No.: 48,547

Is there a way to trace the sender of that disgusting e-mail that her father recieved?
There must be something that sick fuck can be charged with. That's the most evil thing I've heard.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Qdeathstar
post May 9 2009, 08:39 PM
Post #23

My Penis, Your ass. Lets go.
Group Icon

Member No.: 14

QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ May 9 2009, 01:50 PM) [snapback]1500911[/snapback]
QUOTE(Prince Charming @ May 8 2009, 05:29 PM) [snapback]1500849[/snapback]
Remember kids, she was high on coke when she stole her dads car. They can dress it up however they want, but no-one is innocent.

I never said she was innocent. Her parents should use these pictures as an anti-drug campaign.

"This is your brain on drugs; and everything else that was inside your head that is now littering the highway."

Or atleast donate the money they are wasting on trying to get her pictures removed from the internet to MADD...

I mean, the guy who sent the email to her dad is an asswhipe and needs to get his face kicked in, but at the same time no wonder little princess died, like parents like daughter. Her parents are so egotistical they think they can rule the internet with an iron fist. They need to get over themselves, if I got high on crack and killed myself i wouldn't have a problem with my pictures being posted somewhere. But to think that THESE PEOPLE ARE ACTUALLY SPENDING MONEY that could be better spend elsewhere makes me sick.

And I would call out Newsweek for being shitting for giving into these egoistical lunatics, but at the same i would have never seen those images if it weren't for newsweek mouthing off about it... so i'll let newsweek slide.

--------------------

Seether - Country Song
Download Now

QUOTE (Massacre @ Aug 26 2010, 04:28 PM) *
I've found it's impossible to be more human than human. Inhuman, however, is easy.

Achievements

+Quote Post
DiO
post May 9 2009, 11:49 PM
Post #24

Forgot about member titles for awhile there...
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

*doesn't click link

Yah, no need to see that shit. I have seen rotten.com but I wasn't the one behind the keyboard. Looking at that shit, try thinking that they were once a living person with friends and family. Perhaps that will overpower your curiosity.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Kamahl
post May 10 2009, 01:08 AM
Post #25

Snitch

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,969
PSN Name: Kamahl_rg

i regret watching that thing... >.<

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Indy
post May 10 2009, 01:42 AM
Post #26

Vandal

Member No.: 23,844

because it's a trojan or did it actually work?

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Kamahl
post May 10 2009, 03:26 AM
Post #27

Snitch

Member No.: 8,969
PSN Name: Kamahl_rg

QUOTE(Ind¥ @ May 9 2009, 08:42 PM) [snapback]1501035[/snapback]
because it's a trojan or did it actually work?

because i didnt expect those images to be that bad...

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
ViceMan
post May 10 2009, 08:31 AM
Post #28

Pessimistic nihilistic.

Member No.: 10,896
PSN Name: ViceyThaShizzle

QUOTE(Gaylord Q. Tinkledink @ May 10 2009, 12:49 AM) [snapback]1501011[/snapback]
Looking at that shit, try thinking that they were once a living person with friends and family. Perhaps that will overpower your curiosity.

Yeah, that's what disturbs me the most, the pictures themselves don't bother me, but that always makes me think, plus there's a picture of her at the top of the page. It's like if you know someone it makes it so much worse.

I dunno I can't explain it.

This post has been edited by ViceMan: May 10 2009, 08:32 AM

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Heartless
post May 10 2009, 11:59 PM
Post #29

The universe goes on forever and we are alone
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,164

QUOTE(Gaylord Q. Tinkledink @ May 9 2009, 07:49 PM) [snapback]1501011[/snapback]
*doesn't click link

Yah, no need to see that shit. I have seen rotten.com but I wasn't the one behind the keyboard. Looking at that shit, try thinking that they were once a living person with friends and family. Perhaps that will overpower your curiosity.

It makes me care about them even less. Just today on the way home, I nearly got plowed by some stupid 16 year old bimbos in their dads 60-grand sports car. A wealthy life is never a healthy life. They barely know how to hook their own bra, and they're given a car that hits 100 mph in seconds - what do you think is going to happen.

--------------------

QUOTE (Qdeathstar @ Mar 13 2009, 01:45 AM) *
The reason is that when heartless says something stupid, he really means it and believes it.

“They refer to me as an uneducated barbarian. Yes, we are barbarians. We want to be barbarians, it is an honored title to us. We shall rejuvenate the world. This world is near its end.”

Die Zeiten haben sich geändert.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Hardcore Ottoman
post May 11 2009, 12:54 AM
Post #30

Goon
Group Icon

Member No.: 41
PSN Name: punxtr

I believe Gaylord is referring to people who have been killed violently in wrecks period. Unlike the case of this Nikki. Btw, the father acknowledges that he will not be able to remove all pictures. This family is not full of shit trying to "control the Internet"... they have lost one of their own and they are perplexed, flummoxed, etc. They are reacting in ways humans hardly ever have to react, that of harrowing experience, shame, and helplessness.

I've seen plenty of fucked up wrecks feet from my car driving around so I truly do not need to see these pictures. The old ones are just starting to fade... why refresh the mind?

--------------------
"BAKING A LASAGNA IN YOUR PUNANI MIKE PARADINAS IN YOUR PUNANI INTELLVISION BASKETBALL IN YOUR PUNANI HE-MAN AND SKELETOR IN YOUR PUNANI UNDERGOING PLASTIC SURGERY IN YOUR PUNANI WEARING LEATHER JACKETS IN YOUR PUNANI DRIVING MY CAR IN YOUR PUNANI WELFARE WEDNESDAY IN YOUR PUNANI I WANT TO PUT ORANGE JUICE IN YOUR PUNANI EGG SALAD SANDWICHES IN YOUR PUNANI HOT-DOGS AND FRENCH FRIES IN YOUR PUNANI CHEF BOYARDEE IN YOUR PUNANI"
Achievements

+Quote Post
DiO
post May 11 2009, 02:19 AM
Post #31

Forgot about member titles for awhile there...
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE(The Last Human Being @ May 10 2009, 08:54 PM) [snapback]1501149[/snapback]
I believe Gaylord is referring to people who have been killed violently in wrecks period.

Exactly.

I like how you take the opportunity to call me Gaylord.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Hardcore Ottoman
post May 11 2009, 03:26 AM
Post #32

Goon
Group Icon

QUOTE(Gaylord Q. Tinkledink @ May 10 2009, 10:19 PM) [snapback]1501153[/snapback]
QUOTE(The Last Human Being @ May 10 2009, 08:54 PM) [snapback]1501149[/snapback]
I believe Gaylord is referring to people who have been killed violently in wrecks period.

Exactly.

I like how you take the opportunity to call me Gaylord.

Is it not how you wish to be called? [/logic] tongue.gif

Yes, I suggest everyone truly not see the pictures out of curiosity. Images in the vein of these are hard to get out, plain and simple. I'm not saying it is wrong to feel curious about looking at them... I'm looking out for humans worldwide. You are not going to gain much constructive from seeing them. (Or perhaps in an insensitive world such as the presents suggests, people cannot fear the consequences of rash actions unless they see a possible and more than likely outcome).

--------------------
"BAKING A LASAGNA IN YOUR PUNANI MIKE PARADINAS IN YOUR PUNANI INTELLVISION BASKETBALL IN YOUR PUNANI HE-MAN AND SKELETOR IN YOUR PUNANI UNDERGOING PLASTIC SURGERY IN YOUR PUNANI WEARING LEATHER JACKETS IN YOUR PUNANI DRIVING MY CAR IN YOUR PUNANI WELFARE WEDNESDAY IN YOUR PUNANI I WANT TO PUT ORANGE JUICE IN YOUR PUNANI EGG SALAD SANDWICHES IN YOUR PUNANI HOT-DOGS AND FRENCH FRIES IN YOUR PUNANI CHEF BOYARDEE IN YOUR PUNANI"
Achievements

+Quote Post
ViceMan
post May 11 2009, 06:30 PM
Post #33

Pessimistic nihilistic.

Member No.: 10,896
PSN Name: ViceyThaShizzle

QUOTE(The Last Human Being @ May 11 2009, 04:26 AM) [snapback]1501159[/snapback]
Or perhaps in an insensitive world such as the presents suggests, people cannot fear the consequences of rash actions unless they see a possible and more than likely outcome).

This. But I wouldn't say it was insensitive.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Hardcore Ottoman
post May 12 2009, 12:18 AM
Post #34

Goon
Group Icon

QUOTE(ViceMan @ May 11 2009, 02:30 PM) [snapback]1501243[/snapback]
QUOTE(The Last Human Being @ May 11 2009, 04:26 AM) [snapback]1501159[/snapback]
Or perhaps in an insensitive world such as the presents suggests, people cannot fear the consequences of rash actions unless they see a possible and more than likely outcome).

This. But I wouldn't say it was insensitive.

I am generalizing the world implying that the world stands for humanity, which is chauvinistic in itself, that it has become insensitive overall. The curiosity of human beings is not, however, an insensitive act wholly.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Qdeathstar
post May 12 2009, 04:30 AM
Post #35

Group Icon

Meh, i don't think you need to see someone's head severed off to know its a bad idea to snort cocain and then go racing in a Porsche..

So i don't buy that argument.

--------------------

Seether - Country Song
Download Now

I've found it's impossible to be more human than human. Inhuman, however, is easy.

Achievements

+Quote Post
Leon Kennedy
post May 12 2009, 04:32 PM
Post #36

Nobody Special

Member No.: 51,267

I refuse to look at the photos. I don't need to gawk at some pics of someone who died. No matter how horribly they did so.

Now, someone out here mentioned she was on cocaine and stole her daddy's ride. Only proves that wealth does not equal intelligence. This may seem harsh, but if she's too stupid to not do drugs and go racing around like a maniac, then she's going to die. Not that she deserves it, only that the ends are a direct result of her lack of intelligence. Too many people want to say "Oh, this is too bad" and "How could this happen" or some shit like that. Not me. She did it to herself.

And for a severe reality check, I think part of the blame for this needs to go back to her parents. They obviously didn't instill any sense of right or wrong (or they didn't instill a strong enough sense) in her, and her actions are a result of this. Had they taught her right from wrong, and taught her what happens when she screws up, then maybe she'd still be alive. It's not right to just blame the girl for her stupidity. The parents are also to blame for not teaching her the things she needed to know.

As far as the idiot who emailed photos to the father - he (or she) needs to be shot. That's just wrong. But it should also be pointed out that whomever took those pictures needs to be publicly castrated for doing something that shouldn't have been done. Goes back to being taught right from wrong, and taking the pictures (and then posting them on the internet) was definitely wrong.

I can say that I don't know how the father felt because I have never lost anyone that close to me before. Sure, I've lost grandparents, and a cousin or two. But I have no kids, and Mrs. Manson is doing just fine. So I can only give my condolences to him in this time of loss, but I cannot say that I know how he feels.

--------------------
QUOTE (Massacre @ Oct 26 2009, 01:47 PM) *
Finally, I can do this:

In memory of Nanee. 9/1/1993 - 5/16/2009. Rest in Peace, little girl.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post May 12 2009, 04:42 PM
Post #37

Godfather
Group Icon

Member No.: 48,547

It is not wrong to take pictures of car crashes people do it all the time for insurance purposes and accident investigation and education on road safety.
I looked at the pictures and as horrific as they are I am totally unaffected by them.
I actually think people should be free to view pictures like these if they wish to do so. It can often give people a real insight as to what really happens instead of reading words or listening to a news reporter. Middle Eastern countries show no holds barred footage of horrific happenings all the time. I'm not saying it should be the same in the west but I am saying we should have a choice whether we see the 'real news' or not.
No one should think less of the people who do choose to view these pictures out of curiosity.

This post has been edited by marney1: May 12 2009, 04:53 PM
Achievements

+Quote Post
Hardcore Ottoman
post May 17 2009, 11:30 PM
Post #38

Goon
Group Icon

QUOTE(ILuvLilJimCrows @ May 12 2009, 12:30 AM) [snapback]1501375[/snapback]
Meh, i don't think you need to see someone's head severed off to know its a bad idea to snort cocain and then go racing in a Porsche..

So i don't buy that argument.

I'm not the one selling it. Who are you referring too?

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Qdeathstar
post May 17 2009, 11:52 PM
Post #39

Group Icon

Whoever said that.

--------------------

Seether - Country Song
Download Now

Achievements

+Quote Post
Hardcore Ottoman
post May 18 2009, 03:27 AM
Post #40

Goon
Group Icon

QUOTE(QDeathstar @ May 17 2009, 07:52 PM) [snapback]1502589[/snapback]

Whoever said that.

That wasn't even my central argument... and that statement was hardly an argument to begin with. Read it in context.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 10:01 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4