post Feb 23 2010, 06:39 PM
Post #42

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

i just rented it at family video... the only copy left, THANK GOD i got there in time!! i'll have a mini review once i give this a good run through...

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Edgecrusher
post Feb 23 2010, 10:29 PM
Post #43

Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 480
PSN Name: JonnyCanonFodder

I played through the demo this evening. I thought the controls let it down quite a bit, but I don't know if that could be forgiven for the sake of the storyline. I'm not convinced enough by the demo to take the risk on it though tbh.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
ENVi3
post Feb 23 2010, 11:11 PM
Post #44

Numbers Runner
Group Icon

Member No.: 262

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Feb 23 2010, 12:39 PM) *
i just rented it at family video... the only copy left, THANK GOD i got there in time!! i'll have a mini review once i give this a good run through...
nice. i have also rented a copy of a game before they even put it out on the shelves at BB laugh.gif
i haven't checked my rental place, but i am sorta limited on time since mid-terms are coming up ....

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
trathen93
post Feb 24 2010, 12:02 AM
Post #45

LFC

Group: Members
Member No.: 39,835
PSN Name: trathen

why is it that the U.S gets it before us in the UK and rest of europe. all in all this is considering the fact that the company who make it are based in france. arghhh. I want to play on it so much. roll on friday

--------------------

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Feb 24 2010, 02:15 AM
Post #46

Godfather
Group Icon

Member No.: 48,547

Just had a run through of the demo; first thoughts were "WTF is it with these controls?" I could'nt get out of the car for 2 minutes. After about 10 minutes though I was totally use to them and I think they work very well.
Like bOnEs I had a couple of run throughs and did things differently the second time round. Lost the fight in the first go and spoke to that detective at the railroad track before examining the area but second time round I left the bitch with the guy who beat me up and walked out, didn't even knock on the door.
So my second go at the crime scene I walked straight towards the reporter and questioned my thoughts on her; I kind of asked myself how they were so quick on the scene. Next I went under the tape and looked at all of the clues and tried getting up the embankment which was so slippy with wet mud I decided the killer didn't use that route to leave the scene. Maybe jumped on a passing train?
I then went over to the body at which point I hadn't even spoken to (or asked for) the detective and he spotted me and didn't seem too happy until I pulled my FBI badge out. I didn't ask him any questions at all this time and the characters thoughts on him were that he was a strange guy.

Anyway I could probably get used to the movement controls which at first seem a little slow but so is detective work. The demo allowed you to get an idea of how missing a clue or asking a question in the wrong way could affect the outcome of your investigation and also to remind you to listen carefully to everything that is being said and take a mental note of everything you see.
The demo is very short but I could probably write another few paragraphs of detail I noticed along the way such as the photographs/postcards on the fridge - Rome? May be nothing but I'll keep it in mind. A dog walker found the body - there were pictures of a dog in the apartment, once again it could be nothing.

I'll be getting this game because it's quite unique and I feel like I've already started it now. I don't think I'm going to play a crap game for at least the next few years, we're spoilt for choice.

Random pic.

This post has been edited by marney1: Feb 24 2010, 02:18 AM
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Feb 24 2010, 04:22 PM
Post #47

played it and beat it yesterday... it took me 13 hours, with a few breaks sprinkled in between sessions... it's probably the most thrilling 13 hours i've ever spend playing a video game... and i am not totally sure this can be called a video game... it does allow you to explore for the most part but, actions are scripted and most of it consists of hitting a button at the right time when prompted to do so... other times, the game allows you to take your time exploring the environment and giving you the chance to try multiple ways of tackling an objective... but for the most part, it's a pretty linear game... and so are the QTE's (quick timed events)...

this was a THRILLER man!! i didn't want to put down the controller... the game moved along at a perfect pace and after each chapter, you kept getting pulled deeper and deeper into this world created by quantic dream... it took a couple of hours for the game to start rolling along... you spent the first couple of chapters learning the controls and walking ethan through a typical day in his life... then tragedy hits and the game throws you into the plot... you start to see the plot through the eyes of the characters involved and, it really does a tremendous job of making you feel for the characters as they try all they can to find the origami killer... and the situations you are placed in are sometimes wrong and sometimes right... and the action is just frantic and it feels chaotic... you feel for these characters lives as you try to press the right buttons... it's intense and left me on the edge of the couch all afternoon, especially during the fight scenes... i feared pressing the wrong button because, i somehow felt compassion for the character i was playing... i don't recall a video game ever doing that...

the plot... the plot was one of the best i've ever played through... i think the fact that there was such strong characters helped to drive the plot forward... you cared about these people and you wanted to make the right decisions for them... but, now that i've seen it all the way through, i can see numerous spots where any of the characters could have died... or other scenarios where i could of avoided lots of other troubles... i'm pretty sure the numerous other endings have to do with certain characters dying at certain points... and i am going to make it a point on my second playthrough to try and kill off some of these characters just to see how it changes the final chapters... you can clearly tell how much different the game will finish just by wondering what would happen if that character wasn't there for the finale...

i probably got the original, best scenario possible ending... all the characters lived, i saved the kid, and justice was served... but, i saw about a dozen things i could of done differently to change the outcome... unbelievable...

i need to stop talking before i spoil something... because, this game has to be played at least once through... if i can beat it in a day then, i suggest to rent it if your not willing to pay $60 for it... but, do keep in mind that there are numerous ways to change the outcome of the game... i rented it myself but, for 5 days... i plan on beating it once more before i renew the rental... then one more time before i return it for good... it was so fucking good that i want to see at least a few different outcomes...

9.5/10... yea, it's that damn good... the graphics were unbelievable too... there were times where i thought i was watching something on TV, it looks so realistic... sometimes its scary how good it looks...

--------------------

Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Feb 24 2010, 04:55 PM
Post #48

Godfather
Group Icon

I think I'll get this game a keeper because it's just so original and intriguing, maybe there'll be more games like this to come and DLC's too. It's also a game I can sit down and play with my wife getting involved too instead of her listening to me shouting "fuck off" at the TV all the time when playing something on my own. She enjoyed helping me make decisions when I played the demo and was getting into the story as much as I was.
This game just seems so different to anything I've seen before and I hope there are more games to come like this. Fuck, I haven't even got the game yet and I want the next one.
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Feb 24 2010, 05:25 PM
Post #49

there is planned DLC for this but, i probably won't play them unless i end up purchasing this game sometime in the future... supposedly one of them is an introduction to the origami killer... since i know who that is, i wonder just how they plan on tackling that one... and another confirmed one is a prequel for madison the journalist...

yea, this is a game i could see women playing... it's very emotional and makes you care for the characters involved... the decisions you make shape the story... and the story is that of a hollywood movie...

you'll have to make sure not to take a shower with madison when your wife is in the room laugh.gif... she gets naked a few times in the story but, supposedly its all up to you... she doesn't have to get naked but with me being a man, i had to make her strip every chance i got laugh.gif... she looks good too, err, for a video game character biggrin.gif... very sexy...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Feb 24 2010, 07:19 PM
Post #50

Godfather
Group Icon

For anyone intersted it's 37.73 at Amazon.

@bOnEs - I was a bit worried you were going to spoil something there but you managed to take your fingers off the keyboard in time. wink.gif
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Feb 24 2010, 07:41 PM
Post #51

nah, i'll save the spoiling for next month... i'll give everyone a chance to play it before i start spoiling all of the endings i encounter and all of the plot stuff... i really do want to talk about that stuff but, no one else here has played it yet... so, there's no reason for spoiler tags yet...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Feb 24 2010, 07:52 PM
Post #52

Godfather
Group Icon

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Feb 24 2010, 07:41 PM) *
nah, i'll save the spoiling for next month... i'll give everyone a chance to play it before i start spoiling all of the endings i encounter and all of the plot stuff... i really do want to talk about that stuff but, no one else here has played it yet... so, there's no reason for spoiler tags yet...

So who was the killer?
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Feb 24 2010, 08:03 PM
Post #53

QUOTE (marney1 @ Feb 24 2010, 02:52 PM) *

So who was the killer?

it was i'm not telling you!!...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Feb 24 2010, 08:08 PM
Post #54

Godfather
Group Icon

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Feb 24 2010, 08:03 PM) *
QUOTE (marney1 @ Feb 24 2010, 02:52 PM) *

So who was the killer?

it was i'm not telling you!!...

I'd stab myself in the eyes before I reveal that spoiler because I've just pre-ordered RDR Limited Edition & this game from Amazon.

Whoa! Look at that ^ I'll have to remember you can see the spoiler when you're replying. ohmy.gif
Achievements

+Quote Post
Kamahl
post Feb 24 2010, 08:12 PM
Post #55

Snitch

Member No.: 8,969
PSN Name: Kamahl_rg

i really want this game but my PS3 is broken, ill get a new one these days... and yeah, i lost pretty much all my saved data.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Feb 24 2010, 08:17 PM
Post #56

QUOTE (marney1 @ Feb 24 2010, 03:08 PM) *
Whoa! Look at that ^ I'll have to remember you can see the spoiler when you're replying. ohmy.gif

i told you i wasn't going to spoil it until there was someone else to talk about the game with laugh.gif...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Feb 24 2010, 08:17 PM

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
0bs3n3
post Feb 25 2010, 10:21 AM
Post #57

Leece

Member No.: 24,792

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Feb 25 2010, 07:17 AM) *
QUOTE (marney1 @ Feb 24 2010, 03:08 PM) *

i told you i wasn't going to spoil it until there was someone else to talk about the game with laugh.gif...

Fuck you, I'm still not looking at that spoiler tag...

Anyway, hopefully going to pick this up this weekend. Really wanna finish it in one sitting.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Jimothey
post Feb 25 2010, 02:46 PM
Post #58

Nobody Special

Member No.: 35,187
PSN Name: Jimothey

QUOTE (marney1 @ Feb 24 2010, 02:15 AM) *
Next I went under the tape and looked at all of the clues and tried getting up the embankment which was so slippy with wet mud I decided the killer didn't use that route to leave the scene. Maybe jumped on a passing train?

It took me a coupole of tries to get up the embankment, but there is something of interest up there.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Feb 25 2010, 03:48 PM
Post #59

i didn't get to play last night... wednesdays are "team trivia" nights down at the livery... i was piss drunk when i got home, lol... but, i plan on giving this game some attention tonight for at least a couple of hours... i'm starting all over and playing it with a very loose mentality... since i've probably seen the good ending, i want to see what a bad ending looks like biggrin.gif...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Feb 25 2010, 05:57 PM
Post #60

Boss
Group Icon

Member No.: 40,397

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Feb 24 2010, 12:25 PM) *
you'll have to make sure not to take a shower with madison when your wife is in the room laugh.gif... she gets naked a few times in the story but, supposedly its all up to you... she doesn't have to get naked but with me being a man, i had to make her strip every chance i got laugh.gif... she looks good too, err, for a video game character biggrin.gif... very sexy...

I've seen a few of the scenes on a couple different websites. Pretty sexy for a videogame. Can you play the game with one hand?
Achievements

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th November 2014 - 05:52 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4