IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> GTA IV for PC sucks, Yes. It's true. Sorry.
HELMET
post Jul 2 2009, 03:24 AM
Post #1

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 34,932

It really is a lame piece of shit.
It's been how many months now?
C'mon people. Wake your dead heads the fuck up.

Its a shame that we (the consumers) have to waste hours and days and months of our lives looking for and using little tweaks here and there that only an experienced computer geek would know how to do just to make this plain drab vanilla cone of a game to work. There is no reason we should have to do this. I gave up on this piece of shit months ago. If I can't install the fucking thing and play it as is, I just don't play the motherfucker. Some of you idiots should do the same instead of waiting on Rockstar to make some miracle patch for it to work on current generation PCs, because it's never going to happen. Wake up and smell the pussy hairs people.

Fuck you Rockstar.
And fuck everybody else who doesn't agree with me. You fucking social whores make me sick.

--------------------

Ledový Muž Přichází
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Jul 2 2009, 03:52 AM
Post #2

Godfather
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 48,547

QUOTE(HELMET @ Jul 2 2009, 04:24 AM) [snapback]1510548[/snapback]
It really is a lame piece of shit.
It's been how many months now?
C'mon people. Wake your dead heads the fuck up.

Its a shame that we (the consumers) have to waste hours and days and months of our lives looking for and using little tweaks here and there that only an experienced computer geek would know how to do just to make this plain drab vanilla cone of a game to work. There is no reason we should have to do this. I gave up on this piece of shit months ago. If I can't install the fucking thing and play it as is, I just don't play the motherfucker. Some of you idiots should do the same instead of waiting on Rockstar to make some miracle patch for it to work on current generation PCs, because it's never going to happen. Wake up and smell the pussy hairs people.

Fuck you Rockstar.
And fuck everybody else who doesn't agree with me. You fucking social whores make me sick.

I don't agree.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Gazz
post Jul 2 2009, 01:19 PM
Post #3

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 7,713

How can you expect a game which is built for next gen gaming to play on a current gen PC? I class next gen PC's as Quad Cores with the latest Video Cards.

Now, GTA IV on the Xbox ran fairly well with the exception of a few FPS drops...the Xbox has 3 cores and even on the PS3, that has a next gen CPU. It's like, trying to play Crysis on a basic PC...it wont run!

However, I have a quad core CPU and one of the latest GFX cards on the market and IV can only be ran at about medium settings which is the equivalent quality wise as the Xbox 360 and PS3.

--------------------

You've Been............Thunderstruck!
Achievements

+Quote Post
REALIN
post Jul 12 2009, 12:08 AM
Post #4

Upstanding Citizen

Group: New Members
Member No.: 53,992

QUOTE(Gazz @ Jul 2 2009, 03:19 PM) [snapback]1510584[/snapback]
How can you expect a game which is built for next gen gaming to play on a current gen PC? I class next gen PC's as Quad Cores with the latest Video Cards.

Now, GTA IV on the Xbox ran fairly well with the exception of a few FPS drops...the Xbox has 3 cores and even on the PS3, that has a next gen CPU. It's like, trying to play Crysis on a basic PC...it wont run!

However, I have a quad core CPU and one of the latest GFX cards on the market and IV can only be ran at about medium settings which is the equivalent quality wise as the Xbox 360 and PS3.

I can run GTA 4 with everything maxed exept view distance.. only thing making me get 20ish fps my CPU and its because its a dual 2 core.. I dont know if Im just lucky but its not that expensive to have 1-2 good GFX with a quad cpu, which I expect most serious PC gamers to have.
Achievements

+Quote Post
TOTALTWAT
post Jul 12 2009, 11:57 AM
Post #5

Upstanding Citizen

Group: New Members
Member No.: 54,035

Disagree, just got the game last week and never played it on the consoles.

Anyway after reading many threads like this at gta4.net I was very wary about buying it.
Bought it, loaded it and everything worked fine. No tweaking, no nothing.

Saying that though I'm using a quadcore with a 9800gt video card (I don't think it would run too well on the minimum settings or even gta's recommended settings) and have everything maxed except textures.

By far the best gta yet smile.gif

So maybe the thread should be instead called "my pc sucks for gta 4"

Seems to me all the people complaining are using a shitty pc or a pirated version of the game.
Achievements

+Quote Post
The Awesome One
post Jul 12 2009, 08:44 PM
Post #6

Poshboy...

Member No.: 49,030
XBL Gamertag: the mighty moa

No, your PC sucks. You probably dont even have enough memory for it thanks to that security device stopping you from installing it. It worked 1st time for me.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Caliph
post Jul 16 2009, 05:56 PM
Post #7

Nobody Special

Member No.: 38,605

This is life, you sometimes gotta work for something to make it right. People are tweaking their PCs forever, and I havent seen them complaining. Its much better than being handed a console and told "thats how it is, you cant do much about it". A simple upgrading could fix most of your problems.

--------------------
Playstation 3 80GB | Grand Theft Auto IV | Sony HDTV
Achievements

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 05:41 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4