Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 262

QUOTE (Marney1 @ Sep 27 2010, 12:45 AM) *
QUOTE (El-Nino @ Sep 26 2010, 12:57 AM) *
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Sep 25 2010, 03:34 PM) *
I last played LBP on 15th August 2009.

9% complete.

thats probably the same situation for me. i bought it, played on it for a week and then got bored. its ok for my little cousin to play but i think im about 10 years above the constant play age.

Me and the wife got it with the intention of playing something 'together' but we've spent more time talking about it than actually playing it. I've put it beside the PS3 now as a reminder to play it.

same here, I got it so me and my gf could play together, and we did but after a few weeks of playing randomly we don't anymore. but yeah I get that this game is mostly about creating, but it's also fun seeing creations too.

--------------------

Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kamahl
post Sep 28 2010, 06:18 AM
Post #22

Snitch

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,969
PSN Name: Kamahl_rg

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Sep 27 2010, 12:50 PM) *
it's more geared towards creative people than younger people... if your not finding fun in the level creator then, this game isn't for you because, the main story for the game is almost non-existent... and the levels are meant to showcase the ideas that are possible in the level creator... if you bought this for the story, sorry... you should of bought this for the creativity it gives you...

i never really created anything but i played this a lot... i got like 90% of the trophies but im too lazy to get the "ace all levels" one

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
asthenia
post Sep 28 2010, 09:57 AM
Post #23

Psy is gay and stupid.
Group Icon

Member No.: 424
XBL Gamertag: aVarkatzas
PSN Name: Asthenia

Dude messing with physics...

One of the best levels of the moment.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Dec 22 2010, 11:17 AM
Post #24

Still Standing
Group Icon

Member No.: 439
PSN Name: BushkaUK

LittleBigPlanet 2 goes Gold!

Release dates are as follows:

North America - January 18
Continental Europe - January 19
Australia and New Zealand - January 20
UK and Ireland - January 21

So hopefully peeps have money left this close to Christmas. My birthday is the 25th, so i know what I'll be asking the misses for!

This post has been edited by DuPz0r: Dec 22 2010, 11:30 AM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
ENVi3
post Dec 22 2010, 11:20 AM
Post #25

Numbers Runner
Group Icon

There is a demo posted (in the US PS Store, at least). I haven't checked it out yet but it's downloaded and I'll get to it later.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Dec 22 2010, 11:29 AM
Post #26

Still Standing
Group Icon

Cool. If it's out on the EU PS-store I'll get it now!

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
ENVi3
post Dec 23 2010, 05:31 AM
Post #27

Numbers Runner
Group Icon

The demo has 3 levels you can play. The first one is obviously there to show off the jump pads and the grappling hook. The second one is there to show off the new mechs you can possibly make. The third one I guess shows off that you can shoot rockets?
I'm not quite sure what to make of it. The game looks better, and I'm sure there's different features and such, but it still feels like LBP. I think this game will most likely appeal to creators more than people that are just players.
I have an invite to the beta, but they require you to download some just patch ... which I never got around to, so I can't make any reviews based off that.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Dec 23 2010, 06:54 AM
Post #28

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

fuck, i need to remind myself that there's a demo in the store right now!! i'll try to download this tomorrow... and guess what?! i won a $50 meijer gift card at my company christmas luncheon today... it's totally going towards this game biggrin.gif...

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Dec 23 2010, 10:31 AM
Post #29

Still Standing
Group Icon

After playing the three story level a few times i decided that this game is going to be truly better than the previous. Looking at the mechanics on each level, it is clear that LBP2 has a lot more to offer in terms of level creation. I'm really interested in what levels they've created throughout the story mode, as much the creation.

The first level felt like a traditional LBP level with the new twist, that being the grapple hook.

I enjoyed that second level a lot. The pets brought a whole new dimension to the playing style, which was great.

The last level felt like one of many multiplayer levels created online - on the first one. But the timer was a nice new touch.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Jan 21 2011, 06:57 PM
Post #30

Still Standing
Group Icon

Anyone bought this yet? I should have it in the next few days.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Jan 21 2011, 08:25 PM
Post #31

i'll purchase this in a couple weeks... i am on a renting binge right now until my 1/2 off rentals wears off in two weeks... so, i am playing assassin's creed brotherhood right now... but, i look forward to playing this...

--------------------

Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Jan 24 2011, 02:38 AM
Post #32

Still Standing
Group Icon

I was lucky enough to get this game as a birthday present from a friend. So I've been blasting it up the last couple of days.
The story levels are very fresh and much more innovative that that seen in the first one. Lots of new game mechanics and character pick-ups to play with biggrin.gif

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Jan 26 2011, 06:44 PM
Post #33

Still Standing
Group Icon

Here is a couple of decent levels on LBP2, just to show you how much more you can do compared to the first instalment.
These are in-game playable levels.

There is also a lot of diversity in the story levels too. A couple of innovate top down section.

This post has been edited by DuPz0r: Jan 26 2011, 06:44 PM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
ENVi3
post Jan 27 2011, 04:56 AM
Post #34

Numbers Runner
Group Icon

That's pretty crazy. In theory, just buying LBP2 basically means you have an almost unlimited amount of different games you can play. I don't think I want to get this just yet, but I will definitely get this game later on (probably when it drop in price, lol).

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Jan 27 2011, 07:22 PM
Post #35

Still Standing
Group Icon

I've been playing the story levels with misses the last couple of days. Trying to ace them. I love the fact that they have added stickers and bonus bubbles to the challenge levels now too. Depending on how well you do, you get less or more unlockables.

When i get some free time i might start a new level design. I have a couple of ideas. Now you can link levels at the end instead of having a scoreboard/finish, so you can seamlessly create a whole game if you wanted to!

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Jan 27 2011, 07:34 PM
Post #36

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

From: Leichenstadt, State of Massacre, in the Warlord Empire
Member No.: 2,470
XBL Gamertag: WarlordMassacre
PSN Name: Warlord_Massacre

With all the new shit they've put in, I wonder if it would be possible to make a small GTA knockoff.

--------------------
QUOTE (Darth Sexy @ Sep 12 2009, 03:43 AM) *
Massacre, you make me look like a rational, moral, kind person.
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Oct 26 2009, 01:22 PM) *
Massacre - What you've just posted is sick and disturbing...
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 17 2010, 04:22 PM) *
When Massacre is around, everything is violated... Whether it likes it or not.
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Mar 6 2011, 09:40 AM) *
Whenever I think of "human resources" Massacre immediately springs to mind.

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Jan 27 2011, 07:39 PM
Post #37

i am already planning on making a GTA-like game whenever i get this... but i am sure there's already probably about a dozen decent ones created already... a top-down driver, similar to their first entry in the series... i got a few other ideas that i would love to make as well... but i have to get the game first... someday really soon...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Kamahl
post Feb 12 2011, 01:21 AM
Post #38

Snitch

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,969
PSN Name: Kamahl_rg

i just came back from europe yesterday and bought this today... i still havent had time to play it but i really want to, as soon as i finish all the stuff i have to do ill play it

i like the fact that theres a lot of new stuff and not just more levels to play

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Feb 12 2011, 10:27 AM
Post #39

Still Standing
Group Icon

QUOTE (Kamahl @ Feb 12 2011, 01:21 AM) *
i just came back from europe yesterday and bought this today... i still havent had time to play it but i really want to, as soon as i finish all the stuff i have to do ill play it

i like the fact that theres a lot of new stuff and not just more levels to play

I'm glad of that too. To be honest the story felt shorter than the first one. But the amount of new content and being able to play almost infinite levels online makes up for that.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Feb 14 2011, 05:40 PM
Post #40

bought this today... gonna be playing it in a few hours biggrin.gif... i downloaded the demo but never played it... but i know i'll have a blast with this one anyways... it'll tide me over until LA noire hits the shelves... maybe i should make an LA noire level laugh.gif...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd September 2014 - 12:32 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4