Post #1

You'll Never Walk Alone
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1
XBL Gamertag: Psyware
PSN Name: Psycopsy
Xfire Identity: Psyware

The new issue of the UK edition of the Official Xbox Magazine has a full review of Grand Theft Auto IV, crammed with plenty of new information you probably didn't know. Much of this information features small details, but those small details are what makes the game's Liberty City the realistic living breathing world that it is. You'll see pedestrians washing windows, or hear the various ringtones on their phones. Shoot a driver in the head and he could fall on the horn, or even on the gas pedal and run you over... Driving through a burnt out car's debris could overheat your tires and cause them to burst... There's just so many tiny details that will come together making GTA4 one of, if not the greatest game ever made.

The review also features a number of brand new screenshots showing the full HUD, including the radar, and ammo/score counter.

Most importantly though, the review gives GTA4 a perfect 10/10.
  • Amazingly realistic world
  • Stunning action set pieces
  • Genuinely engrossing storyline
  • Hugely entertaining multiplayer
  • Vast in every respect
"Stunning in every respect"

If you're in the UK, look out for this magazine in stores now. You won't be disappointed with the review and new information.

Information thanks to RAWRferal.

--------------------
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ophis-
post Apr 14 2008, 12:14 PM
Post #2

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Validating
Member No.: 5,815
PSN Name: ophis-

Great stuff! These last few days are going to be killer for some of us reading articles like these... ARGH!!!

- EDIT

In fact, I'm going to go and get this on my lunch hour break!

This post has been edited by Liquidice: Apr 14 2008, 12:16 PM

--------------------
[meh]
Achievements

+Quote Post
Seeen
post Apr 14 2008, 12:14 PM
Post #3

Vandal

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,816
PSN Name: SeeenRulez

Perfect 10 out of 10? Awesome. Tires react to heat! Some molotov tire meltage perhaps?
Achievements

+Quote Post
adamg18
post Apr 14 2008, 12:17 PM
Post #4

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 39,155

Brilliant stuff. Anyone have a copy of it? I mean would be awesome to see the screenshots with the HUD etc.
15 days is way too long!

--------------------
PSN: choco_bear
Go on, add me, you know you want some lovin!
Achievements

+Quote Post
Psy
post Apr 14 2008, 12:20 PM
Post #5

You'll Never Walk Alone
Group Icon

We don't like to post scans on the website due to the copyright issues, however GTAGaming have never worried about morality or legality issues... So they've got some scans on their forums which you might wanna look at. http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101930

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
darchi19
post Apr 14 2008, 12:23 PM
Post #6

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 39,026

dont even have a xbox ...... still gonna buy it lol

cant wait till the ps3 one
Achievements

+Quote Post
CutThatCity
post Apr 14 2008, 12:35 PM
Post #7

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 1,252

Awesome! Well exited, I'm gona go out later and buy me one of these magazines.
Achievements

+Quote Post
nirvanafrik
post Apr 14 2008, 12:38 PM
Post #8

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 39,052

hehe nice... this game will pwnz

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
psychÝ
post Apr 14 2008, 12:42 PM
Post #9

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 1,279

To be fair nothing is perfect in every respect, I would much rather have a review that said a few issues with it as that would actually be believable.

--------------------

Dragonfly
Achievements

+Quote Post
TechEnthu
post Apr 14 2008, 12:43 PM
Post #10

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 38,959

Whoa! Changing phone's ring and theme! Buy rings and themes from the net! Woooo!

EDIT: OXM's review scores are alway a little higher than average [other sites/mags] IMO.

This post has been edited by TechEnthu: Apr 14 2008, 12:45 PM

--------------------
60%
Achievements

+Quote Post
Psy
post Apr 14 2008, 12:47 PM
Post #11

You'll Never Walk Alone
Group Icon

The review does say there were a few minor problems, but they could be fixed by the time the game ships. It's not going to be 100% perfect, but everything else in the game will make it a 10/10 game, I reckon.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Soliex
post Apr 14 2008, 12:48 PM
Post #12

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 38,492

Could someone possibly send me a PM with the image links to those scans? Im not able to see the website due to my at work filter. I would appreciate it.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
adamg18
post Apr 14 2008, 12:52 PM
Post #13

Upstanding Citizen

QUOTE(Psy @ Apr 14 2008, 01:20 PM) [snapback]1411212[/snapback]
We don't like to post scans on the website due to the copyright issues, however GTAGaming have never worried about morality or legality issues... So they've got some scans on their forums which you might wanna look at. http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101930

Awesome, thanks Psy.

Never realised you were a Liverpool supporter, good on ya! Did you watch the match yesterday?

Without fishing back through previous articles, how long gameplay did they say it would be if you took it at a normal "have fun, do a mission, blow up stuff" kinda pace?

Edit:
I can't get to the link due to work filtering, any chance of someone doing the same to me as they (hopefully are) doing for Soliex (above)?

This post has been edited by adamg18: Apr 14 2008, 12:59 PM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Psy
post Apr 14 2008, 12:58 PM
Post #14

You'll Never Walk Alone
Group Icon

QUOTE(adamg18 @ Apr 14 2008, 01:52 PM) [snapback]1411226[/snapback]

Awesome, thanks Psy.

Never realised you were a Liverpool supporter, good on ya! Did you watch the match yesterday?

Without fishing back through previous articles, how long gameplay did they say it would be if you took it at a normal "have fun, do a mission, blow up stuff" kinda pace?

I was at the game yesterday, so yeah. Was alright. First half was a bit boring but the second half was much better.

From previous articles, they reckon about 100 hours to finish the game if you're not rushing through it.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Iscariah
post Apr 14 2008, 12:58 PM
Post #15

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 39,051

QUOTE(Psy @ Apr 14 2008, 02:20 PM) [snapback]1411212[/snapback]

You sir, are great! biggrin.gif May I touch you? wink.gif Just kidding...
Thanks for that link. Now I'll have something to read...

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
adamg18
post Apr 14 2008, 01:07 PM
Post #16

Upstanding Citizen

QUOTE(Psy @ Apr 14 2008, 01:58 PM) [snapback]1411230[/snapback]

Awesome, thanks Psy.

I was at the game yesterday, so yeah. Was alright. First half was a bit boring but the second half was much better.

From previous articles, they reckon about 100 hours to finish the game if you're not rushing through it.

Brilliant, should last me a while biggrin.gif

I couldn't get tickets to Blackburn, but hopefully up there for Man City. I thought the ref was a bit of a tosser to be honest.

Could you possibly PM me with the image links because my stupid work filter has blocked it?

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Psy
post Apr 14 2008, 01:15 PM
Post #17

You'll Never Walk Alone
Group Icon

QUOTE(adamg18 @ Apr 14 2008, 02:07 PM) [snapback]1411235[/snapback]

Awesome, thanks Psy.

I couldn't get tickets to Blackburn, but hopefully up there for Man City. I thought the ref was a bit of a tosser to be honest.

Could you possibly PM me with the image links because my stupid work filter has blocked it?

I've been to about 30 games this season, but the Blackburn game was the last one for me. Was going to go to the Chelsea semi final, but I'm busy that week, and it's my birthday around the Man City game so I'll be staying in Newcastle with my mates. The ref was pretty shite though. Could have had 2 or 3 penalties. Then again Skrtel could have been sent off too. Well, one last game might be in Moscow... But I'll see smile.gif.

I'll send you the links.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
adamg18
post Apr 14 2008, 01:40 PM
Post #18

Upstanding Citizen

QUOTE(Psy @ Apr 14 2008, 02:15 PM) [snapback]1411238[/snapback]
QUOTE(adamg18 @ Apr 14 2008, 02:07 PM) [snapback]1411235[/snapback]

Awesome, thanks Psy.

I've been to about 30 games this season, but the Blackburn game was the last one for me. Was going to go to the Chelsea semi final, but I'm busy that week, and it's my birthday around the Man City game so I'll be staying in Newcastle with my mates. The ref was pretty shite though. Could have had 2 or 3 penalties. Then again Skrtel could have been sent off too. Well, one last game might be in Moscow... But I'll see smile.gif.

I'll send you the links.

I would love to go to that many games, if only i could afford it! Yeh your spot on about the pens and Skrtel, so all in all glad we got the result.

Thanks for the links mate, catch you later smile.gif

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Mekstizzle
post Apr 14 2008, 01:50 PM
Post #19

Nobody Special
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 7,717

Yeah read the scans a few hours ago. Good stuff. I can say I'm pretty much totally hyped now for this shit. Metal Gear Online beta coming soon, that'll keep me busy for abit. Also new CoD 4 maps. Also Burnout patch.

All of which I won't be playing at all once GTA 4 comes out, kind of a shame but...well that's how it is.

This post has been edited by Mekingtons: Apr 14 2008, 01:51 PM
Achievements

+Quote Post
TwoFacedTanner
post Apr 14 2008, 02:41 PM
Post #20

Clepto

Member No.: 908
XBL Gamertag: IanCredible988

Wow! The Stooges are in the game wowee! Thats awesome!
Achievements

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th October 2014 - 06:27 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4