> Terminator Salvation
Heartless
post May 27 2009, 06:55 AM
Post #21

The universe goes on forever and we are alone
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 2,164

I liked this one the least, though I liked that they put more effort into a cohesive story then the third one. It tried to explain too many things at once but just ended up a confused mess. Besides, the series has stank like shit since James Cameron left after the second one. Also, I'm a bit confused; the Terminator (Arnie) was supposed to be the t-100 series. In this movie, he became the t-800 series. I think that in order of development, you have Arnie, the convict, the chick, and then the t-1000.

--------------------

QUOTE (Qdeathstar @ Mar 13 2009, 01:45 AM) *
The reason is that when heartless says something stupid, he really means it and believes it.

“They refer to me as an uneducated barbarian. Yes, we are barbarians. We want to be barbarians, it is an honored title to us. We shall rejuvenate the world. This world is near its end.”

Die Zeiten haben sich geändert.
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ENVi3
post May 27 2009, 07:58 PM
Post #22

Numbers Runner
Group Icon

Member No.: 262

QUOTE(Heartless @ May 27 2009, 01:55 AM) [snapback]1504713[/snapback]
the Terminator (Arnie) was supposed to be the t-100 series. In this movie, he became the t-800 series. I think that in order of development, you have Arnie, the convict, the chick, and then the t-1000.
it is a little confusing, but i think the general idea is Arnold was a T-800 or T-850(in the 3rd movie), the liquid guy is a T-1000, and the girl is a T-X

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Heartless
post May 27 2009, 09:11 PM
Post #23

Group Icon

QUOTE(ENVi3 @ May 27 2009, 03:58 PM) [snapback]1504874[/snapback]
the Terminator (Arnie) was supposed to be the t-100 series. In this movie, he became the t-800 series. I think that in order of development, you have Arnie, the convict, the chick, and then the t-1000.
it is a little confusing, but i think the general idea is Arnold was a T-800 or T-850(in the 3rd movie), the liquid guy is a T-1000, and the girl is a T-X

Well sure, but the T-1000 was a hell of a lot more advanced then the T-X. The T-X was only partly liquid metal, where as the T-1000 was all liquid.

--------------------

The reason is that when heartless says something stupid, he really means it and believes it.

“They refer to me as an uneducated barbarian. Yes, we are barbarians. We want to be barbarians, it is an honored title to us. We shall rejuvenate the world. This world is near its end.”

Achievements

+Quote Post
Hardcore Ottoman
post May 28 2009, 12:57 AM
Post #24

Goon
Group Icon

Member No.: 41
PSN Name: punxtr

But that was its flaw, if you kept it superheated and separate, it would basically be conquered. The whole point of the mercury allow whatever it was body was to morph into shapes and blend into the timezone. The T-X was better because it's hard metal/titanium (?) body could keep going while a thin layer of T-1000 shit could still let it morph into what it desired.

The T-X is definitely the best of both the T-800 and the T-1000.

--------------------
"BAKING A LASAGNA IN YOUR PUNANI MIKE PARADINAS IN YOUR PUNANI INTELLVISION BASKETBALL IN YOUR PUNANI HE-MAN AND SKELETOR IN YOUR PUNANI UNDERGOING PLASTIC SURGERY IN YOUR PUNANI WEARING LEATHER JACKETS IN YOUR PUNANI DRIVING MY CAR IN YOUR PUNANI WELFARE WEDNESDAY IN YOUR PUNANI I WANT TO PUT ORANGE JUICE IN YOUR PUNANI EGG SALAD SANDWICHES IN YOUR PUNANI HOT-DOGS AND FRENCH FRIES IN YOUR PUNANI CHEF BOYARDEE IN YOUR PUNANI"
Achievements

+Quote Post
Heartless
post May 28 2009, 01:25 AM
Post #25

Group Icon

There's no way, from a scientific point of view. Managing to create a liquid shell around a cybernetic armature is one thing; animating an entire system out of liquid metal is another.

Also; why did they add the exploding fuel cells in 3 and 4? Maybe it was incinerated in 2 or was shut off, but in the first one he was crushed. It should have. detonated.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Ex-PS Fanboy
post May 28 2009, 01:30 AM
Post #26

Get off my Planet

Group: Members
Member No.: 33,730
XBL Gamertag: CFO Charles
PSN Name: PS-FANBOY1

Whats with all the liquid metal cyborg bullshit anyway? Couldn't they just keep it classic Terminator 1 style?
Achievements

+Quote Post
ENVi3
post May 28 2009, 05:15 AM
Post #27

Numbers Runner
Group Icon

Member No.: 262

QUOTE(Heartless @ May 27 2009, 04:11 PM) [snapback]1504897[/snapback]

Well sure, but the T-1000 was a hell of a lot more advanced then the T-X. The T-X was only partly liquid metal, where as the T-1000 was all liquid.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-X#Characteristics
basically, the T-X is not limited to just making knives out of her hands to use as weapons

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post May 28 2009, 01:03 PM
Post #28

Boss
Group Icon

Member No.: 40,397

[youtube]cQ30S6DXTpw[/youtube]
Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post May 28 2009, 05:56 PM
Post #29

Godfather
Group Icon

Member No.: 48,547

QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ May 28 2009, 02:03 PM) [snapback]1505020[/snapback]

He sounds just like Richard Pryor when he does the white mans voice lol.
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post May 28 2009, 06:43 PM
Post #30

Boss
Group Icon

Member No.: 40,397

QUOTE(marney1 @ May 28 2009, 01:56 PM) [snapback]1505074[/snapback]
QUOTE(Stoic Person Eater @ May 28 2009, 02:03 PM) [snapback]1505020[/snapback]

He sounds just like Richard Pryor when he does the white mans voice lol.

The comments on this kids' videos are hilarious.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Heartless
post May 29 2009, 04:41 AM
Post #31

Group Icon

QUOTE(ENVi3 @ May 28 2009, 01:15 AM) [snapback]1504973[/snapback]
QUOTE(Heartless @ May 27 2009, 04:11 PM) [snapback]1504897[/snapback]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-X#Characteristics
basically, the T-X is not limited to just making knives out of her hands to use as weapons

Well, if we use Wikipedia, they also appear to agree with my argument.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terminator_(character_concept)

Models

The first terminator model shown, simply called "The Terminator", was introduced in the first film, with a new model terminator added for each subsequent film. In addition to those models shown on screen, other spin off sources have introduced more, including T-800s with different appearances from Schwarzenegger, the T-70 from T2 3-D: Battle Across Time and the female I-950 from T2: Infiltrator.
Model Portrayed by Appearances
T-1
practical remote controlled robot
Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines
Terminator Salvation
T-70
practical special effects model
T2 3-D: Battle Across Time
T-600[13]
Series 600
Chris Gann
Brian Steele
practical effects
computer-generated imagery
Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles
Terminator Salvation
T-800/850/101
aka T-800
Series 850 Model 101
aka T-101 (T3)
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Franco Columbu
Roland Kickinger
stop motion
practical effects
The Terminator
Terminator 2: Judgment Day
Terminator Salvation
T-888
Cromartie[14]
Vick Chamberlain[15]
unnamed Triple-8s[16]
Myron Stark[17]
Queeg
Owain Yeoman/Garret Dillahunt
Matt McColm
Patrick Kilpatrick & ______________
Todd Stashwick
Chad Coleman
practical effects
Unknown model(s) substantially similar to 8xx models
Carter
Carl Greenway's double
James Ellison's double
Rosie
Brian Bloom
Paul Schulze
Richard T. Jones
Bonnie Morgan
practical effects
Cameron / Unknown model
Summer Glau
practical effects
T-RIP
Marcus Wright
Sam Worthington
practical effects
Terminator Salvation
T-X
Kristanna Loken
other cast members
practical special effects
T-1000
Robert Patrick
other cast members
practical effect
Terminator 2: Judgment Day
T-1001
Shirley Manson
other cast members
practical effect
T-1000000
I-950 enhanced human
T2: Infiltrator
T2: Rising Storm
T2: Future War

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Hardcore Ottoman
post May 29 2009, 02:36 PM
Post #32

Goon
Group Icon

Member No.: 41
PSN Name: punxtr

tl;dr

You need to organize that, I don't know what you're getting at.

--------------------
"BAKING A LASAGNA IN YOUR PUNANI MIKE PARADINAS IN YOUR PUNANI INTELLVISION BASKETBALL IN YOUR PUNANI HE-MAN AND SKELETOR IN YOUR PUNANI UNDERGOING PLASTIC SURGERY IN YOUR PUNANI WEARING LEATHER JACKETS IN YOUR PUNANI DRIVING MY CAR IN YOUR PUNANI WELFARE WEDNESDAY IN YOUR PUNANI I WANT TO PUT ORANGE JUICE IN YOUR PUNANI EGG SALAD SANDWICHES IN YOUR PUNANI HOT-DOGS AND FRENCH FRIES IN YOUR PUNANI CHEF BOYARDEE IN YOUR PUNANI"
Achievements

+Quote Post
Flea
post Jun 4 2009, 10:18 PM
Post #33

Nobody Special

Member No.: 130

It explains everything about the order of the Terminators in the 1st two films, The T-600 were the first of the Terminators, I'm not sure if they had the human tissue yet covering them, kyle reese sed they were big a clunky and easy to spot, so i guess they did have skin over, but it was more like rubber, then the T-800 came next (aka Arnie) and were harder to spot because the looked human and were lighter and quicker, then the T-1000 and then the T-X, but Terminator 4 didnt mention anything about Terminator 3 so mabe that story doesnt exist anymore in the terminator world, so mabe there isnt a T-X.
According to Terminator 4, i think the half human robot think would of came after the T-600.

Spoilers!

I thought it was a good film, better than T3, but like someone sed it did lack something, i think it started off really good then seemed to run out of steam, and the action seemed to get abit over the top and abit cheesy, and the ending was weak i thought.

This post has been edited by Flea: Jun 4 2009, 10:24 PM

--------------------

Compliments to Van Hel Singh

Achievements

+Quote Post
Gazz
post Jun 10 2009, 11:43 AM
Post #34

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 7,713

I loved the movie, the Arnold thing was a great little addition.

Spoilers Possible From Here Down!

I remember Arnold saying that he kills John in 2032 (this was in Terminator 3 he says this), So im possibly thinking that they just dabbed with the Arnold/CGI to see how it goes with the fans. So me is thinking that possibly we could have a full movie with the Arnold/CGI in the next one (since Arnold is the one to kill John as I said)...Who knows, just a theory...no need to flame rolleyes.gif

But I did love this movie...as for the game...well tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Gazz: Jun 10 2009, 11:44 AM

--------------------

You've Been............Thunderstruck!
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Jun 10 2009, 06:57 PM
Post #35

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

QUOTE(Flea @ Jun 4 2009, 06:18 PM) [snapback]1506701[/snapback]
I thought it was a good film, better than T3, but like someone sed it did lack something, i think it started off really good then seemed to run out of steam, and the action seemed to get abit over the top and abit cheesy, and the ending was weak i thought.

yea, the ending just didn't feel right... i know it's suppose to not really be an ending since this is a trilogy but, the way in which it ended with marcus and john was meh... kinda killed the little bit of momentum it built up from the previous 15 minutes...

i'll still watch the rest of the trilogy though... but, it's not what i had hoped it would be... maybe the next one can build off the good things from salvation but then again, this is hollywood we're talking about laugh.gif...

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2014 - 05:21 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4