Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Car/Driving Stories
0bs3n3
post Jun 13 2010, 01:15 AM
Post #1

Leece

Group: Members
Member No.: 24,792

So I just got back from a longish drive and I am in the mood to hear some car/driving stories.

I can't think of anything at the moment but I will post when I do.
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bain
post Jun 13 2010, 01:23 AM
Post #2

Rat
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 9,884

Um well, I was stationed in North Carolina, and I went home last Thanksgiving weekend. I had to drive back, and I had about 25 hours, so I was like, ok, plenty of time. 2.5 hours of traffic, just to get out of the city of Chicago later, I was tired.

Enegry drinks pounded.

I went from state to state changing the temperature in my car again and again from hot to cold to shock my system....
I ended up finally needing to take a nap, in what state, cant remeber, Virginia, or Carolina.

Slept for 50 minutes, woke up, feeling well..........less ridiculous pain, but not better, because of the 6-8 cans of energy drinks in my heart and organs. Drove like 2-3 more hours and made it to the bookstore where my so called friends were non chalantly like whats up.

I was on the road for 21 hours minus that nap. Never want to do that again.

--------------------
BAIN POINTS:

Pickles: +7
D-O: +88
Mekstizzle: +10
QD: -10
Frog Choker: + 13
Analogkid: -25
Psy: -8
Ast: +10
Treefitty: -10
Viceman: -59*
Massacre: +5
Spoiler: -14
Voodoo: +17

*= Fail
Achievements

+Quote Post
0bs3n3
post Jun 13 2010, 03:43 AM
Post #3

Leece

Member No.: 24,792

I have no stories as epic as that...
Achievements

+Quote Post
coreyko_2003
post Jun 14 2010, 06:41 AM
Post #4

iHate

Member No.: 368

I had to take one of my friends out of town one day and this fuckhead was weaving in and out of traffic, so I was gonna follow him and cause a scene but the girl I was driving told me not to so I just kept up behind him in the other lane......well we get into the city of which, and that tard that was cutting people off took a turn too quick, spun out, and went over the median.....and I couldn't help but to yell out the window "Haha, you stupid prick".

--------------------
You, Corey, live in the Matrix.
Its funny.........but its sad, cuz its true...
Achievements

+Quote Post
Kamahl
post Jun 14 2010, 05:09 PM
Post #5

Snitch

Member No.: 8,969
PSN Name: Kamahl_rg

About 4 or 5 months ago, it was about 9pm and i was coming back from the beach... i was on the highway and everything seemed pretty normal... about 50 meters ahead i see a truck (pic below to give you an idea) and suddenly i see him turning left and then right too fast, i suppose there was something on the road and he tried not to hit it, the problem was that truck didnt have stability so i saw it turn sideways right in front of me. I was on the left lane and i was lucky he went right cause if he had gone left i think i probably would have hit him.

The truck was kinda like this:

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
TheAnalogKid2112
post Jun 14 2010, 09:26 PM
Post #6

Oh boy! Oberto! Penis! Bundt cake! D-O's Can

Member No.: 39,933
PSN Name: TheAnalogKid2112

One time I drove to Wal-Mart and I got a really good parking space.

This post has been edited by TheAnalogKid2112: Jun 14 2010, 09:26 PM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Jun 14 2010, 09:56 PM
Post #7

Godfather
Group Icon

Member No.: 48,547

I went to the Trafford Centre once then couldn't find my car for about 40 minutes and really began to really think it had been stolen. I wouldn't mind but straight after parking it I commented that it would be easy to find later on because it was near some escalators...........but there were lots of escalators leading up to the shopping centre. When we found it we laughed out loud and rolled on the floor laughing.

Achievements

+Quote Post
Hardcore Ottoman
post Jun 14 2010, 11:58 PM
Post #8

Goon
Group Icon

Member No.: 41
PSN Name: punxtr

Two cars didn't like the speed I was going at so they changed lanes, one on the left & one on the right. After driving past me they tried to change back into my lane but they tried to do it in the same available space. So at first they don't care to check their blind spot but right before rubbing together they flip out hit the brakes and turn abruptly away from each other stressing out everyone nearby. It ultimately stopped traffic but there were no actual collisions and after everyone realized that we accelerated and continued on...

I would have laughed but I didn't...

--------------------
"BAKING A LASAGNA IN YOUR PUNANI MIKE PARADINAS IN YOUR PUNANI INTELLVISION BASKETBALL IN YOUR PUNANI HE-MAN AND SKELETOR IN YOUR PUNANI UNDERGOING PLASTIC SURGERY IN YOUR PUNANI WEARING LEATHER JACKETS IN YOUR PUNANI DRIVING MY CAR IN YOUR PUNANI WELFARE WEDNESDAY IN YOUR PUNANI I WANT TO PUT ORANGE JUICE IN YOUR PUNANI EGG SALAD SANDWICHES IN YOUR PUNANI HOT-DOGS AND FRENCH FRIES IN YOUR PUNANI CHEF BOYARDEE IN YOUR PUNANI"
Achievements

+Quote Post
demon
post Jun 15 2010, 01:19 AM
Post #9

Capo

Member No.: 42,672

I have many stories, but they would be better if captured on film because it's difficult to describe them well.
One time I drove a 13 ton bus on an street paved with ice, and a car came from the right. I had the right of way because the street I drove had priority. The car tried to stop but because of the ice he couldn't stop in time. He stopped right in front of me, in the narrow "strips" where traffic had wore deep tracks in the ice. I managed to pull off an icredible manouvre that saved his health, maybe his life. No damages whatsoever. I had to do all the braking while the tires was on the narrow asphalt strips, then release the brakes and do a sharp left turn. It happened so quick that I didn't get time to think. I saw there didn't come traffic against me so I used 15 meters / 50 feet of the opposite lane to stop. Had there been traffic in the opposite lane then I'd probably chosen to destroy his car, it would have beens safest option for myself. I would rather that than get a tree or a house in my face. It was after all his fault.

The right curve is not that sharp, but it is downhill for me. The green are trees. The black lines are deep tracks in the ice where the asphalt is bare, the rest is ice of several inches tickness. Note that the bus is wider than normal traffic that had generated the bare asphalt tracks, so only the two left or the two right bus wheels could be down in the "asphalt track" and get good traction at a time.

I have experienced a dozen similar stories, but things like that happens all the time some place. They are not really special in any way. One example is all I can be bothered with.

The really special stories that is worth talking about are those things you see on tv, like the programme "Destroyed In Seconds", and similar. Tonight I watched and there was a speedway incident. The biker fell off and the throttle was stuck on full throttle. The engine kill switch failed. The bike did unbelievable and weird things as it sped across the pitch. It did a wheelie and somehow drove over the barriers and ended up in the crowd. No people was injured. I laughed my ass off at the stunts the driverless bike did. laugh.gif

QUOTE (TheAnalogKid2112 @ Jun 14 2010, 05:26 PM) *
One time I drove to Wal-Mart and I got a really good parking space.

Yeah, quite funny huh...

This post has been edited by demon: Jun 15 2010, 01:23 AM

--------------------
The new GTA 5 website. GTA 5 forums.
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Jan 31 2010, 06:37 AM) *

That's for you ^
Use it in your sig or avatar because you are very special.

QUOTE (TF)
for being a little bitch
Edited by TF.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Sheep
post Jun 15 2010, 09:41 PM
Post #10

The Greatest Mistake
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 22,606
XBL Gamertag: sheep454
PSN Name: Sheep454
Xfire Identity: sheep454

All my stories involve people needing to learn to drive dry.gif

For example the other day some idiot tried to overtake the car infromt of him while i was busy overtaking him, obviously didnt use mirrors or even bother to look, luckily i had a more powerful car so could still overtake him and no one got hurt
Achievements

+Quote Post
coreyko_2003
post Jun 15 2010, 10:26 PM
Post #11

iHate

Member No.: 368

Here back in late '07/early '08 it was snowing really bad and I just got done with some post-work grocery shopping and driving back in a snowstorm.....Well, I was turning onto another main road and had a good laugh watching this idiot turn the wrong way onto the street.

--------------------
You, Corey, live in the Matrix.
Its funny.........but its sad, cuz its true...
Achievements

+Quote Post
asthenia
post Jun 16 2010, 11:21 AM
Post #12

Psy is gay and stupid.
Group Icon

Member No.: 424
XBL Gamertag: aVarkatzas
PSN Name: Asthenia

QUOTE ( Sheep @ Jun 15 2010, 10:41 PM) *
All my stories involve people needing to learn to drive dry.gif

For example the other day some idiot tried to overtake the car infromt of him while i was busy overtaking him, obviously didnt use mirrors or even bother to look, luckily i had a more powerful car so could still overtake him and no one got hurt

I got one like this. I was driving to work and the road there always has loads of Tractors on it in summer, 1 lane all the way and and deep dykes on each side, I was stuck behind a lorry, that was behind a tractor, with traffic behind us... I was that "lucky" guy at the front of the que... He had plenty of chances to overtake on a 20 mile strip, so as we came around a quite sharp corner I peeked out, nothing there, I pull out and go to overtake, and the lorry driver, without checking his mirrors, just fucking pulls out into my, I ended up half on the road, half on the grass verge before the dyke, slamming my brakes on to get back in behind him, fuck know what happened, cause I still can't remember it, I kind of blacked out while my body took control. Alls I know is he ended up in front of me, and I ended up in front of the tractor, which I guess is kind of what I'd been going for all that time... Needless to say when he turned off I flipped him off and called him a cunt. So many people die on that road, and I'd been driving about 4 months at the time... I guess it would've been my fault if I died right, cause he could've said I just tried to get around him while he was over taking. Which, if you'd ever driven on that road, you'd know is a ridiculous idea.

Here's the road:

That's where it happened too, look over at the right by the lorry, that sign doesn't look as dipped as it is. And that's where I'd have been pushed into, which again, is deeper IRL.

This is the type of lorry it was:

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Jun 16 2010, 02:33 PM
Post #13

Godfather
Group Icon

Member No.: 48,547

That pic reminds me of a time I was driving back from a job and saw a flat back lorry parked at the side of the road with huge steel sheets on the back. They looked about 12ft x 6ft and about an inch thick, the reason he'd stopped was that one of these sheets had somehow ended up half buried in the field next to the road. It was embedded about 5ft in the ground and standing vertically, dread to think what it would have done to my custom headlights had it hit my van.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Sheep
post Jun 16 2010, 04:46 PM
Post #14

The Greatest Mistake
Group Icon

Member No.: 22,606
XBL Gamertag: sheep454
PSN Name: Sheep454
Xfire Identity: sheep454

Asthenia thats crazy, i hate it when people dont use their mirror, luckily this road was wide so it wasnt too much bother, but lucky nothing else was coming the other way

Another time some idiot nearly killed us all, was coming up from a bank on a blind corner and this idiot infront of me decides to overtake on it, no way he can see whats coming and sure enough theres something coming the other way, i know what you mean about the blacking out thing and not remembering what happened ,i remember this oncoming car beeping and flashing his lights and i ws so sure there was gonna be a head on collision i slammed my breaks on ready, luckily he JUST missed the oncoming car, he must have crapped himself, i did.

I too will use google maps to illustrate my point at how stupid a place it is to overtake

So im about here in the pic (on the other side of the road though) going up the hill and the guy infront of me decides its a good time to overtake
Achievements

+Quote Post
ViceMan
post Jun 16 2010, 07:34 PM
Post #15

Pessimistic nihilistic.

Member No.: 10,896
PSN Name: ViceyThaShizzle

Here's something REALLY funny, while driving the van at work I always pull away in 2nd gear!!... One time while crossing the A12 at Pettits Lane I even pulled away in 3rd!!!! AHAHHAHAHA! YEAH I KNOW, FUNNY RIGHT?! AHAHAHAHAHHA!

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Pieface
post Jun 16 2010, 09:19 PM
Post #16

Jailbird
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 23,545

When I leave a junction or the lights at second gear I always try and make it without changing down, even though it's more sensible to change gear.

--------------------
YES I don't play Xbox 360 anymore.

Add me on steam BITCHES. Pieface876
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuffMan
post Jun 16 2010, 10:18 PM
Post #17

I got 99 donuts cause a bitch ate one.
Group Icon

Member No.: 3

I can't park for shit smile.gif

Most of my stories just involve being cut up in rush hour traffic. Nothing exciting so far.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Qdeathstar
post Jun 16 2010, 10:45 PM
Post #18

My Penis, Your ass. Lets go.
Group Icon

Member No.: 14

hmm.

Well, last year i was driving back from a ski trip, I left around 5pm and it was snowing hard so the roads were all messed up and icy... could only do about 25mph on the freeway so it turned a 5 hr trip into a 10 hr trip... so at about 2am i was half asleep driving and i noticed that my steering wheel was getting hard to push. I was going WTF? I kept pulling it and pulling it but it still wanted to go to the left... finally after about a minute of drowsiness i woke up enough to realize that i had a flat tire.. had to pull of and fix it in the pitch black because everywhere else but that 20 mile stretch of highway there are lights, but not there.

Also, thanks to me, I didn't have a travel kit (AKA flashlight) so i had to use my cellphone as flash light which sucked and every time a car wizzed by on the icy roads i was afraid it would fly off the road and into my car. Luckily i was able to change the tire without incident and road on.

--------------------

Seether - Country Song
Download Now

QUOTE (Massacre @ Aug 26 2010, 04:28 PM) *
I've found it's impossible to be more human than human. Inhuman, however, is easy.

Achievements

+Quote Post
demon
post Jun 16 2010, 10:53 PM
Post #19

Capo

Member No.: 42,672

QUOTE ( Sheep @ Jun 16 2010, 12:46 PM) *

wtf? is there anything that is not on Google maps now? Can you search any location and get photos that are not taken from satelite?

--------------------
The new GTA 5 website. GTA 5 forums.
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Jan 31 2010, 06:37 AM) *

That's for you ^
Use it in your sig or avatar because you are very special.

QUOTE (TF)
for being a little bitch
Edited by TF.
Achievements

+Quote Post
TreeFitty
post Jun 17 2010, 02:32 AM
Post #20

[ShitKickers] Posse
Group Icon

Member No.: 35,531
PSN Name: therealtreefitty

^it's not everywhere. they started with big cities and now are getting into other areas.

--------------------
gta 5

People say I'm crazy for running into burning buildings. I say I'm crazy because I do it for free.
Achievements

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2014 - 05:52 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4