> Replaying the game, [PC] what mods?
StoProGratis
post Feb 2 2010, 03:29 AM
Post #1

Upstanding Citizen

Group: New Members
Member No.: 57,593
Xfire Identity: StoProGratis

I would like to finish this game again. I think that these time I will try to play with First Person mod have anyone tried it? I will also turn off all huds.

For sure I will need to use some better textures mod's. For weapons I'm thinking aobut these
http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=400044&st=0

are there some better weapon textures?

Maybe I will also use bullet time mod cause it sounds fun especially in some shooting missions.

Any other mods are interesting to intense the game experience?

This post has been edited by StoProGratis: Feb 2 2010, 03:29 AM
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MattyDienhoff
post Feb 3 2010, 11:57 AM
Post #2

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,191

I recommend all of those textures Millenia made, they all look nice in-game, especially the chrome Desert Eagle (believe me, I was skeptical because I wanted to use the black one, but chrome really looks best in-game).

I wouldn't recommend the first person view mod, however. It's trying to make the game into something it's not meant to be. I just don't see how it's any kind of improvement.

These are the mods I use:

Graphics

* Ultimate Graphics Tweak - adds any of the following. Depth of field, motion blur, smoothed shadows.
(Mod listing at GTAGarage)

* New Alpha Blending Texture - Minimizes the translucent look of many textures in the game (including trees and car grilles) that causes them to look sort of 'spotty', especially when viewed from a distance.

* Colored Radio Hud - Exactly what it says on the tin, it replaces the black and white radio logos on the HUD with colored equivalents. It's a small change but you really notice it in-game.

Weapons

* MP5K-PDW Model - A great replacement for the MP-10.

* Glock-22 sound replacement
(Video on YouTube)

* Weapon Realism Mod - I'm delving into shameless self promotion here since this is my mod, but honestly, this is the only mod of its type I'm aware of that corrects the oddities in the game's weapons and makes them more powerful without going way overboard and trying to turn the game into a tactical shooter or something. Anyway, the key changes made here are:

* Longer effective range for all weapons but especially the rifles. (Meaning that shotguns are no longer utterly useless if you're across the street from your target)
* The shotguns are significantly more powerful.
* The automatic weapons have significantly higher rates of fire.
* The Glock now has the specs of a Glock 22 like it should (.40 caliber, 15 round mag), the Desert Eagle has more recoil but is more powerful, the bug causing the MP-10 to fire a lot more slowly when blindfired has been fixed, etc.
(Mod listing at ModDB)

This post has been edited by MattyDienhoff: Feb 3 2010, 11:58 AM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
StoProGratis
post Feb 3 2010, 03:01 PM
Post #3

Upstanding Citizen

Group: New Members
Member No.: 57,593
Xfire Identity: StoProGratis

Thank's man. Nice post wink.gif
Achievements

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2014 - 05:04 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4