post Apr 23 2008, 11:54 AM
Post #43

Upstanding Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 27,536

QUOTE(P-nut @ Apr 20 2008, 04:54 PM) [snapback]1416599[/snapback]
Here are a few tracks I've been listening to lately:

Immortal Technique - Dance With The Devil
[youtube]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qggxTtnKTMo&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qggxTtnKTMo&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/youtube]
I love how it's so dark, and great storytelling of course (immortal technique is my favoured mc in my stereo right now)

Gangstarr ft. Inspectah Deck - Above The Clouds
[youtube]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/T_K2QwgecJo&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/T_K2QwgecJo&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/youtube]
Just a great beat from premier and good emceeing from guru (but thats nothing new).
I Self Lord And Master? Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth!

Blackstar ft. Common - Respiration
[youtube]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vHReQQnMVQo&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vHReQQnMVQo&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/youtube]
Blackstar (mos def/talib kweli) masters of metaphores and wordplay, this track has many similarities with poems from legendary poets. A friend of mine wrote an essay about it, not really in the mood to look that up now.

Jedi Mind Tricks - Blood Runs Cold
[youtube]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RciKpn1IfYY&hl=en&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RciKpn1IfYY&hl=en&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/youtube]
Jedi Mind Tricks always good shit

Remedy - Never Again
[youtube]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FwM8ylfQeWY&hl=en&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FwM8ylfQeWY&hl=en&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/youtube]
Jewish rapper Remedy about the holocaust. You can hear he made a good effort to translate the darkness and pain from the holocaust into his music.

Pharoahe Monch - When the Gun Draws
[youtube]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UC2G3iQqPo0&hl=en&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UC2G3iQqPo0&hl=en&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/youtube]
Be sure to check out this video. A nice indictment against gun laws.

Immortal Technique - Industrial Revolution
[youtube]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5wDUbEqqFLg&hl=en&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5wDUbEqqFLg&hl=en&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/youtube]
Immortal at it again. Nice metas and wordplay (my metaphores are dirty like herpes but harder to catch/ like an escape tunnel from prison, I started from scratch)

Gangstarr - You Know My Steez
[youtube]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JXCo_lR3Pp0&hl=en&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JXCo_lR3Pp0&hl=en&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/youtube]
Guru and Premier=nice beat and great emceeing

Mc Solaar & Guru - The Good The Bad / Le Bien Le Mal
[youtube]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PZc4dxJRRw8&hl=en&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PZc4dxJRRw8&hl=en&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/youtube]
you either like it or you dont. alot of friends of mine dont, I like it. maybe it´s because I understand french, I dunno

try to look up the track Deep Space by Lord Jamar and the rza, couldnt find it on youtube

solaar is BIG. Check out Monsieur R & IAM as well.
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ThePaleOgre
post Apr 23 2008, 04:53 PM
Post #44

Nobody Special

Member No.: 39,797
XBL Gamertag: PaleOgre

I really enjoy Busdriver's music and Dr. Steel's music

www.myspace.com/busdriver
www.myspace.com/drsteel

Edit:
I forgot Celph Titled
http://www.myspace.com/celphtitled

This post has been edited by ThePaleOgre: Apr 24 2008, 04:33 PM
Achievements

+Quote Post
Skinny 
post May 2 2008, 10:11 AM
Post #45

Member No.: 38,184

QUOTE(Thrilla in Manila @ Apr 21 2008, 02:58 AM) [snapback]1416634[/snapback]
QUOTE(Skinny. @ Apr 4 2008, 04:29 PM) [snapback]1405509[/snapback]
QUOTE(Thrilla in Manila @ Apr 4 2008, 07:09 AM) [snapback]1405055[/snapback]
QUOTE(Skinny. @ Mar 18 2008, 10:02 AM) [snapback]1399920[/snapback]
QUOTE(Thrilla in Manila @ Mar 15 2008, 01:51 AM) [snapback]1399165[/snapback]
dude is a celebrity not some broke nigga sitting on the porch all day writing rhymes in a notepad.

No, you don't understand. Underground rappers don't maintain that staus because that cannot make it it's because 1) The make more money and 2) They can make proper rap songs and don't have their songs turned into bubblegum pop.

If I could make millions with a bubblegum pop song I would definitely do it

It's a bit hard to get a political message across in a bubblegum pop song sleep.gif.

and you wouldn't be making the millions, the label would. You would just be there bitch. So you would rather make money with bublegum pop then make even more money (going to you as an artist rather than the label) with real hip hop?

That depends. It's not always the case, broke rappers tell you that shit because the label really is making the hits, the rapper is just the face of the label. Those that actually get rich off this shit are people who don't need the label's help to make hit records.

Of coarse, i.e. NOT Lil Wayne...

--------------------
=D
Achievements

+Quote Post
Flash Light
post May 3 2008, 12:36 PM
Post #46

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 40,226

'pac wasn't a gangsta rapper ... 2pacaylpse now to me against the world and 7 day theory Isn't gangsta shit. most of my favourites have fallen off these days:

WU-TANG CLAN!!
nas
mobb deep
royce da 5'9"
rhymefest
7L & esoteric
atmosphere
company flow
MF Doom
MF Grimm
killarmy
killah priest
RA the ruggered man
LA the darkman
copywirte
cage
yak ballz
organized konfusion/pharoahe monch solo
mos def
talib kweli
deltron 3030/del the funy homosapien solo
boot camp clik
saukrates
c-rayz walz
gangstarr
big L ...

list is fucking endless

nas' new drop "be a nigga too" is fuckin' garbage. Dude has fallen off so bad since god's son.

--------------------
sig too big. please read rules
Believe It or not George Isn't at home, please leave a messaaaaage at the beep. I must be out or I'd pick up the phone. Where could I be? Believe It or not I'm not home.

Achievements

+Quote Post
-Toge-
post May 3 2008, 03:31 PM
Post #47

Nobody Special

Member No.: 40,026
XBL Gamertag: DustyShadez
PSN Name: DustyShadez

[youtube]lJ_UOiV8okg[/youtube]

[youtube]DZmT3tOIn9k[/youtube]

[youtube]zQeZgj9Qr3I[/youtube]

Do I need to say more? Nope.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Flash Light
post May 3 2008, 04:33 PM
Post #48

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 40,226

no you don't If It's more Percee P

[youtube]PgosJZ-lZ3s[/youtube]

[youtube]QDP_hr0JoCQ[/youtube]

[youtube]PPZ2-FVcM3M[/youtube]

[youtube]fb5gAuqZlw4[/youtube]

[youtube]hM0pZc-qcW4[/youtube]

[youtube]cgJQJesMs9s[/youtube]

[youtube]aY7c9K39lLs[/youtube]

recognise

--------------------
sig too big. please read rules
Believe It or not George Isn't at home, please leave a messaaaaage at the beep. I must be out or I'd pick up the phone. Where could I be? Believe It or not I'm not home.

Achievements

+Quote Post
Mzeppelin
post May 6 2008, 02:09 PM
Post #49

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 18,428

Favorite rap group is Geto Boys. Real shit. Other than that I like almost every late 80s-early to mid 90s rap artist and group, other than a few like Tribe Called Quest, Dre, Snoop, ect.

--------------------
All GTAs: 100%.. besides IV which is currently 85.33%
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post May 6 2008, 07:37 PM
Post #50

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

QUOTE(Flash Light @ May 3 2008, 08:36 AM) [snapback]1429331[/snapback]
'pac wasn't a gangsta rapper ... 2pacaylpse now to me against the world and 7 day theory Isn't gangsta shit. most of my favourites have fallen off these days:

WU-TANG CLAN!!
nas
mobb deep
royce da 5'9"
rhymefest
7L & esoteric
atmosphere
company flow
MF Doom
MF Grimm
killarmy
killah priest
RA the ruggered man
LA the darkman
copywirte
cage
yak ballz
organized konfusion/pharoahe monch solo
mos def
talib kweli
deltron 3030/del the funy homosapien solo
boot camp clik
saukrates
c-rayz walz
gangstarr
big L ...

list is fucking endless

nas' new drop "be a nigga too" is fuckin' garbage. Dude has fallen off so bad since god's son.

damn, i thought i was gonna go through two pages without a single mention of wu-tang clan...

i like only a few hip-hop groups nowadays... in high-school, i did listen to quite a bit of hip-hop but, only these groups stuck with me past school...

beastie boys
cypress hill
wu-tang clan
NWA
bones thugs 'n harmony

and these are groups, not individuals... the individuals aren't worth really mentioning since there's only a couple...

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
LattO
post May 9 2008, 08:57 PM
Post #51

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 2,149

On the topic about wayne..

Wayne isn't shit now, he's stealin' TPains flow, 90% of his songs now are wack.

Wayne back in C1 & C2 and Hot Boys was the shit.
That's the only reason he blew up, now he's pumping out trash.

5 mixtapes a week and shit is ridiculous.

The fireman is burnin' out slowly.

--------------------
Ya' Feel Me?

^Don't Click That 'Ish ^
" I ain't a killer but don't push me
Revenge is like the sweetest joy next to gettin pussy
"
Achievements

+Quote Post
Scrapper1
post May 11 2008, 07:50 AM
Post #52

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 38,540

Nas
Clipse
Re-Up Gang
Scarface
Kanye West
Bun-B
Chamillionaire
Killa Kyleon
Ludacris
Jay-Z
Jadakiss
B.I.G
2Pac
Big Daddy Kane
Slick Rick
Kool G.Rap
Z-RO
Common
Achievements

+Quote Post
Indy
post May 18 2008, 08:13 PM
Post #53

Vandal

Member No.: 23,844

Safe sex is great sex, better wear a latex, 'cuz you don' want that late text, that "I think i'm late" text - Lil Wayne, for that line alone, he goes straight into my top 10

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
-Toge-
post May 18 2008, 08:41 PM
Post #54

Nobody Special

Member No.: 40,026
XBL Gamertag: DustyShadez
PSN Name: DustyShadez

Lil Wayne = Zzz material. He sounds like a fucked up baby. He has nice drops here and there, but there's so much absolute garbage made by him, that he goes into the trash category for me.

One of the best artists in 2007 was definitely Hell Razah. Renaissance Child and Razah's Ladder (collab with Blue Sky Black Death on the boards) are great albums.

[youtube]xv5xav2vnwk[/youtube]

[youtube]tPDyptx4YNM[/youtube]

[youtube]TQP8VYYiGX8[/youtube]

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Albo
post May 19 2008, 03:53 AM
Post #55

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 38,882

" Cutting half, and handle eagles like Donavon, I'll turn your white tee red like a Niners fan " -Ya Boy notworthy.gif

I'm not into all this mainstream rap cause like most is like 98% bs.

Ya Boy
The game I guess
Juice
BWS
NWA
Old Mob Deep
Old Camron
Outlawz
Jay Rock
K-Dot
Nas
Ice Cube
Pac
Biggie
Eazy
Cyserro
DMX
Eastwood
BoneThugs
Big L
Royce DA 5'9

Not in order obviously but yeah those are.
Achievements

+Quote Post
neko_ceko
post May 19 2008, 05:37 PM
Post #56

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 38,360
Xfire Identity: nekoceko

Ice Cube and 2pac
Achievements

+Quote Post
Mad Space Ghost
post May 20 2008, 04:10 AM
Post #57

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 37,989

Anyone hear about lil wayne kissing birdman?

FUCKING GAY.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Skinny 
post May 20 2008, 07:06 AM
Post #58

Member No.: 38,184

QUOTE(Thå Boss AKA Nec @ May 20 2008, 02:10 PM) [snapback]1438584[/snapback]

FUCKING GAY.

but aren't they father and son?

--------------------
=D
Achievements

+Quote Post
Mad Space Ghost
post May 29 2008, 06:37 PM
Post #59

Upstanding Citizen
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 37,989

QUOTE(Skinny. @ May 20 2008, 02:06 AM) [snapback]1438618[/snapback]
QUOTE(Thå Boss AKA Nec @ May 20 2008, 02:10 PM) [snapback]1438584[/snapback]

FUCKING GAY.

but aren't they father and son?

Not by blood or legally.

Bump.

[youtube]qTea5duGTbs[/youtube]

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Human 22
post May 30 2008, 03:10 AM
Post #60

Upstanding Citizen

Group: New Members
Member No.: 41,214

Ayo i like Necro, death rap fo life nigga. I dislike mainstream rap.
Achievements

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st October 2014 - 01:07 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4