IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Co-op Mission Thread, Anything co-op...
DuPz0r
post Jun 22 2010, 10:24 AM
Post #1

Still Standing
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 439
PSN Name: BushkaUK

So. I downloaded the Co-op DLC just now. I've only played it once. I got put into a team of 4 in the pre-game lobby. I chose to be a marksman, and the level was The River. This mission almost felt exactly like the story mission with Irish when you try to cross the Mexican border . Apart from the fact you had three other human players. You have a killchain like any other game type, but your $$$ combined with everyone elses $$$ at the end determines what rank you get (Bronze, Silver, Gold). If you fall, you will stay down until someone revives you. But you can also die whilst laying idle if you get shot or blown up.
The end of The River mission was cool, you have to blow a load of ammo crates using dynamite while the bandits defend them.

I got three trophies after playing for my first time - One for playing co-op - One for getting a gold - And one for not dying.

I thought i should start this little thread, so people can post their personal experiences, and maybe even set up co-op missions with each other in the near future.
Anyway, GO GET YOUR CO-OP DLC NOW!

And later when i get the chance to play again, i will play the rest of them.

This post has been edited by DuPz0r: Jun 22 2010, 10:32 AM

--------------------
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DuffMan
post Jun 22 2010, 10:27 AM
Post #2

I got 99 donuts cause a bitch ate one.
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

How much XP do you get?

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Jun 22 2010, 10:31 AM
Post #3

Still Standing
Group Icon

Actually that was one thing i completely forgot to keep an eye out for, i was having to much fun. You still get 10xp per kill, you get 5xp for assists i think but i'm not sure what the bonus was at the end.

I'll have to check it out later.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
TreeFitty
post Jun 22 2010, 11:05 AM
Post #4

[ShitKickers] Posse
Group Icon

Member No.: 35,531
PSN Name: therealtreefitty

Was looking around twitter for confirmation it's out. didn't cross my mind to look here since no one was on before... tongue.gif

--------------------
gta 5

People say I'm crazy for running into burning buildings. I say I'm crazy because I do it for free.
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Jun 22 2010, 11:10 AM
Post #5

Still Standing
Group Icon

I just checked it at 10am when i woke up and it was on PSN.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
TreeFitty
post Jun 22 2010, 11:20 AM
Post #6

[ShitKickers] Posse
Group Icon

that early? guess everyone is working or sleeping. or on RDR. mellow.gif

--------------------
gta 5

People say I'm crazy for running into burning buildings. I say I'm crazy because I do it for free.
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuffMan
post Jun 22 2010, 01:11 PM
Post #7

I got 99 donuts cause a bitch ate one.
Group Icon

Member No.: 3

360 players can add it to their queue from here: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/of...ner=MajorNelson

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Jun 22 2010, 01:46 PM
Post #8

Still Standing
Group Icon

Right, i had a few more goes at it now, so i sort of know how everything works. XP is based on the performance of the over-all team. The higher the rank you get, the more XP you get. I know this is pretty obvious, but i thought I'd clarify that. So far I've got Gold ranks in most of my co-op antics and i have got between 300 and 350xp per mission. I have had one silver and i got 210xp. Haven't got a bronze yet, but I'm expecting 100-150xp.
The more balanced your team is the better score you'll get. By balanced I mean, two Soldiers, a Gunslinger and a Marksman. And the better shots you get(headshots) the more overall money you'll collect and add to the total xp.

I've not played all of the co-op mission just yet, i think I've played 5 of them though. My personal favourite so far has to be The Escape, it's pretty long, and has a nice change in playing style throughout.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Jun 22 2010, 02:30 PM
Post #9

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

300XP?? is it adding up your score and dishing it out at the end, or are you earning XP during the mission, and getting 300XP at the end for completing the mission?? that sounds extremely low, IMO... R* seems to not want anyone to level up...

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Hardcore Ottoman
post Jun 22 2010, 02:42 PM
Post #10

Goon
Group Icon

Member No.: 41
PSN Name: punxtr

WHy is this not showing up for me?

--------------------
"BAKING A LASAGNA IN YOUR PUNANI MIKE PARADINAS IN YOUR PUNANI INTELLVISION BASKETBALL IN YOUR PUNANI HE-MAN AND SKELETOR IN YOUR PUNANI UNDERGOING PLASTIC SURGERY IN YOUR PUNANI WEARING LEATHER JACKETS IN YOUR PUNANI DRIVING MY CAR IN YOUR PUNANI WELFARE WEDNESDAY IN YOUR PUNANI I WANT TO PUT ORANGE JUICE IN YOUR PUNANI EGG SALAD SANDWICHES IN YOUR PUNANI HOT-DOGS AND FRENCH FRIES IN YOUR PUNANI CHEF BOYARDEE IN YOUR PUNANI"
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Jun 22 2010, 03:40 PM
Post #11

Still Standing
Group Icon

I'm not sure about xp when paying. All i saw was $10 here, $5 there, but no xp pop-ups...

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Jun 22 2010, 04:11 PM
Post #12

well, i'll check it out for myself later tonight but, it sounds like i still have no incentive to continue on past the first level 50...

--------------------

Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
ViceMan
post Jun 22 2010, 05:52 PM
Post #13

Pessimistic nihilistic.

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,896
PSN Name: ViceyThaShizzle

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Jun 22 2010, 05:11 PM) *
i still have no incentive to continue on past the first level 50...

I didn't anyway, i'm not using that shitty bull you get at rank 50 either, i'll stick with my American standardbred. Bloody gimmicks, people think they're being unique by using a bull, but they're just fags.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
DiO
post Jun 22 2010, 06:10 PM
Post #14

Forgot about member titles for awhile there...
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jun 22 2010, 01:52 PM) *
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Jun 22 2010, 05:11 PM) *
i still have no incentive to continue on past the first level 50...

I didn't anyway, i'm not using that shitty bull you get at rank 50 either, i'll stick with my American standardbred. Bloody gimmicks, people think they're being unique by using a bull, but they're just fags.

Yah, I'm not going to bother. I'm like lvl 45 and I lost interest getting to 50 yet alone getting to 50 multiple times go get retarded mounts.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
ViceMan
post Jun 22 2010, 06:15 PM
Post #15

Pessimistic nihilistic.

I'll get to 50 just to unlock the Mauser and buffalo bison rifle. I want to try using the Mauser and see if I prefer it over the HPP.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Jun 22 2010, 06:18 PM
Post #16

Still Standing
Group Icon

I really want the retarded bison/buffalo! So i have gone legendary once. But i don't really plan on going any further. Too much effort and time.

I'm level 32 atm, still have a long way to get to 50.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Jun 22 2010, 06:41 PM
Post #17

it did take me two years to reach level 10 in GTA IV but, i just don't see myself playing RDR for two years... unless one of these co-op missions turns out to be the shit and me and my friends love it, then i don't see myself playing RDR online much once we near the end of summer... which is why i need to get the 8-man posse trophy soon...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
ViceMan
post Jun 22 2010, 07:37 PM
Post #18

Pessimistic nihilistic.

OOOOOK, since installing the DLC: Started the game, chose multiplayer, sat at the loading screen for free roam for 3 minutes, got bored, quit game, restarted, got into free roam, whistled for my horse - didn't come, whistled 2 dozen times - didn't come, entered outfitter, sat at the outfitter loading screen for 4 minutes, got bored, quit.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
TreeFitty
post Jun 22 2010, 07:41 PM
Post #19

[ShitKickers] Posse
Group Icon

a number of people on twitter say the game is freezing up.

--------------------
gta 5

Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Jun 22 2010, 07:59 PM
Post #20

Still Standing
Group Icon

It was fine this morning. I've just started experiencing the same problem now too. Must be a problem with the amount of people trying to co-op. Looks like we're going to be needing another patch for the loading screen hang-ups...

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd November 2014 - 08:22 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4