Reply to this topicStart new topic
> God of War III, Out in 1 month
angeal18
post Mar 21 2010, 05:41 AM
Post #41

Litterer

Group: Members
Member No.: 42,256

Holy shit. I just beat it and I have to say, This is the best PS3 game ive ever played. Everything about it is epic and those who aren't able to experience it will be missing out.
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kamahl
post Mar 21 2010, 07:42 AM
Post #42

Snitch

Member No.: 8,969
PSN Name: Kamahl_rg

shit, ive only been able to play for a couple of hours... i hope im not busy tomorrow so i can finally play it like 5 hours straight

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Mar 21 2010, 04:03 PM
Post #43

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

i didn't play this at all yesterday... i hope i can play some today... but, i might not be able to play for very long or at all because, i have a fantasy baseball draft later this evening...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Mar 21 2010, 04:03 PM

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Mar 21 2010, 04:12 PM
Post #44

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
From: Leichenstadt, State of Massacre, in the Warlord Empire
Member No.: 2,470
XBL Gamertag: WarlordMassacre
PSN Name: Warlord_Massacre

Fantasy baseball? Baseball in general? I'm sorry... Respect -5.

--------------------
QUOTE (Darth Sexy @ Sep 12 2009, 03:43 AM) *
Massacre, you make me look like a rational, moral, kind person.
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Oct 26 2009, 01:22 PM) *
Massacre - What you've just posted is sick and disturbing...
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 17 2010, 04:22 PM) *
When Massacre is around, everything is violated... Whether it likes it or not.
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Mar 6 2011, 09:40 AM) *
Whenever I think of "human resources" Massacre immediately springs to mind.

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Mar 21 2010, 04:25 PM
Post #45

i don't give a fuck, i love baseball... it's my second favorite sport, behind the "real football" NFL...

EDIT: i called my friend, he's stopping by soon so, we're going to spend the afternoon trying to beat this game... i hope we accomplish the feat because, i want to see the conclusion to one of the greatest video game stories ever told, the story of kratos... plus, i want to rent batman: arkham asylum next biggrin.gif...

EDITv2: i beat it... those last few battle challenges were tough as nails... i died at least 10 times on one of them, i couldn't figure out the right weapon combination... but, that was one hell of a ride!! i got 50% of the trophies so, it definitely needs to be played a few times to unlock them all... there's even a titan mode... lol, i'm a little afraid of that one...

graphics... check...
story... check...
sound... check...
gameplay... check...
2010 GOTY... check??

there's still a ways to go for that last one but, it should at least get a nomination later this year...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Mar 22 2010, 05:15 AM

--------------------

Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Kamahl
post Mar 25 2010, 04:54 AM
Post #46

Snitch

beat it today biggrin.gif

GOTY in my opinion, i doubt ill play something else this good this year. Got 72% of the trophies and i doubt ill ever get platinum, titan mode is too hard for me, it doesnt let you make little mistakes. I couldnt even beat the second boss... The challenges are also hard but i think i can do it if i try a few times, already beat 3 and almost beat the cyclops one... Also, tips to get the 1000 hits combo one?

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Mar 25 2010, 02:45 PM
Post #47

no clue man, no clue... i don't know how to get that combo thing... the best suggestion i have is when you get the electric blades, to use them in a massive battle... you can put together some mad combos with that weapon... i think the best one i had was a 230-something combo with that weapon...

and the reason why i only got 50% of the trophies is because of my casual gaming friend who missed a lot of chests when he was playing... i'd tell him to go back and get that chest and he'd say, "fuck it" mad.gif... so, the only skill i maxed out was the magic one... that's two silver trophies we missed out on because of his ignorance... also, we never got enough orbs to max out all the weapons... and we missed about 4 of the godly possessions... we didn't miss any when i was playing biggrin.gif...

i would strongly consider renting this again just to play through it one more time and get some of the trophies that we easily missed... but i agree, fuck the titan mode... it was hard enough on normal biggrin.gif...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Mar 25 2010, 02:46 PM

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Kamahl
post Mar 25 2010, 06:49 PM
Post #48

Snitch

i got a 400 combo with the second weapon using just the L1 + O attack, it doesnt kill, just kind of confuses the enemies and you can repeat, and repeat and repeat... the problem is that it can take a while and when i failed at 400 i said fuck it... and didnt try again, i guess it can be done that way but i was looking for an easier way.

I think i found all the horns, eyes and feathers cause i maxed out everything before the labyrinth and also ended up with over 50k unused red orbs. I only need 3 godly possessions i missed...

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
DiO
post Mar 26 2010, 03:40 AM
Post #49

Forgot about member titles for awhile there...
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

Friend brought the game over and I played the first while of it. Fucking hell.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Mar 26 2010, 07:24 PM
Post #50

you gonna go rent it now? that first battle is enough to hook any gamer into playing GOWIII...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
DiO
post Mar 26 2010, 08:30 PM
Post #51

Forgot about member titles for awhile there...
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Mar 26 2010, 03:24 PM) *
you gonna go rent it now? that first battle is enough to hook any gamer into playing GOWIII...

I'm gonna buy it eventually.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Mar 30 2010, 07:48 PM
Post #52

Still Standing
Group Icon

Member No.: 439
PSN Name: BushkaUK

QUOTE (D-O @ Mar 26 2010, 09:30 PM) *
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Mar 26 2010, 03:24 PM) *

I'm gonna buy it eventually.

Yeah like-wise. I want this game eventually. Does look epic. Loving the epic battles on the arm of an uber sized mythical monster.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
ENVi3
post Mar 31 2010, 03:08 AM
Post #53

Numbers Runner
Group Icon

Member No.: 262

rented it Sunday evening and now i am done with it smile.gif
it was a pretty good game. I played it on Normal, and i think the difficulty was just about right but I can imagine Hard would be just right if you are looking for some challenge.
I had fun playing though it smile.gif

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2010/03/31/how...gow-iii-really/ - i cannot imagine playing this on Chaos

This post has been edited by ENVi3: Mar 31 2010, 04:06 AM

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Flea
post Apr 27 2010, 02:18 PM
Post #54

Nobody Special

Member No.: 130

Completed it today, was a gud game like, wasnt to sure about it a first as i dont usually play these kind of games, but as it went on i really enjoyed it, one thing am still not certain on....why exactly does kratos want revenge?? I didnt really get the whole darkness thing coming out of pandoras box which made Zeus want to kill kratos more or something?? when nothing came out the box, also, wasnt it sed that the power in the box would give kratos the ability to kill a god,, but he's killed plenty of gods without it.....great game tho.

This post has been edited by Flea: Apr 27 2010, 02:20 PM

--------------------

Compliments to Van Hel Singh

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Apr 27 2010, 03:16 PM
Post #55

QUOTE (Flea @ Apr 27 2010, 10:18 AM) *
Completed it today, was a gud game like, wasnt to sure about it a first as i dont usually play these kind of games, but as it went on i really enjoyed it, one thing am still not certain on....why exactly does kratos want revenge?? I didnt really get the whole darkness thing coming out of pandoras box which made Zeus want to kill kratos more or something?? when nothing came out the box, also, wasnt it sed that the power in the box would give kratos the ability to kill a god,, but he's killed plenty of gods without it.....great game tho.

you probably haven't played the first two then?? kratos gets the power to kill a god in the first game... and i liked the ideology behind pandora's box... it actually made perfect sense to me because, i couldn't figure out why all of these gods were devilishly hell-bent on destroying kratos throughout the series... i thought these gods were suppose to be, umm, nice??

and kratos wanted revenge because the gods betrayed him in the first game... i think the series wrapped up most of the loopholes in the series and gave it a nice send-off... not sure really where they could go with the series next but, if they never made another one, i'd still be satisfied with the trilogy...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Flea
post Apr 28 2010, 11:11 AM
Post #56

Nobody Special

Member No.: 130

Yeah i havnt played 1 or 2. i just watched the story of GOW 1 and 2 on youtube, basicly 3 parts telling you the story of GOW, was a prety interesting watch, think i get the just now, basicly Krono's (?) Zeus and Kratos all have the instinct to want to kill there dad or over throw them, also Kratos got promised by the gods that if he kiled ares they would get rid of his torment for killing his family, but then they didnt they just forgive him etc, then more stuff happened and zeus tryed to kill him and betrayed him and he wanted revenge on Zeus, but all the over gods would defend Olympus so he sed he would take out all the gods to get to Zeus.

Why did he think gaia was out to kill him on GOW 3?? i missed that one.

This post has been edited by Flea: Apr 28 2010, 11:18 AM

--------------------

Compliments to Van Hel Singh

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Apr 28 2010, 02:30 PM
Post #57

i don't think he ever trusted the titans... basically, they weren't fighting the same fight he was or something like that... he wanted to destroy the gods while the titans wanted to become the gods again?? something like that...

yea, his revenge stems from the gods ordering him to kill his family... and lying to him once he slayed the god of war... but, once he opened pandora's box, the evil trapped inside was unleashed on the gods... basically, the evil in the gods was locked away in the box in order to keep the land safe... but, the gods sure opened a can of worms when they tasked the ghost of sparta with helping them slay a god out of control... athena really had a lot to do with the events that unfolded... i'm thinking she wanted all of the gods powers to herself and used kratos to get these...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Apr 28 2010, 02:30 PM

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st August 2014 - 04:27 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4